My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flare

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Discorderly

Discorderly

Flare Empty
PostSubject: Flare   Flare I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 4:23 am

Flare
Flare AjTEHVh

Species: Pegasus

Mane: Flare's mane is a dull shade of drab grey, rather curly and soft, an unruly mop of fluffy locks.

Tail: His tail matches his main in color and form, but is much shorter.

Eyes: Bright purple, usually filled with life, but lately have seemed as dull as the rest of him.

Body: Flare is about the normal size for a colt his age, born with strong wings and legs, his coat is white and very soft. After a terrible accident, he is missing his back leg and wing, leaving the little pony earthbound.

Cutie Mark: A pegasus wing with flames trailing behind. He was a talented flier, even for his young age, and was on his way to becoming a professional flier before his accident.

Age (Baby,adult): Teen-Adult(Between 16-22, depending on RP setting)

Personality (Younger):
Once upon a time, Flare was a headstrong and cheerful little colt, a hard worker who never backed down from a challenge. He spent most of his free time practicing his flight, and had high hopes of becoming a professional flier when he grew up.

Now, he is still strong, but his personality is damaged and a bit worn. He still works hard, and still tries to put a smile on his face, but the things he has endure have left him somewhat broken and sad. One trait he's held on to despite it all is his dedication to making ponies happy, often feeling like that is his only purpose anymore.

Flare's relationship with his parents is part of the reason the young Pegasus is still able to smile, they never gave up on him or pushed him to give up. He is especially close to his father, who has kept his chin up on more than one occasion when the young flier was feeling melancholy.

Nothing hurts the little pegasus more than catching the eye of a staring pony, or the pity of one. He hates being pitied more than anything, and can sometimes lash out at ponies who try to coddle him too much, it is often a surprising outburst from the normally kind colt, and he is usually quick to try and make amends.

Being grounded had left Flare with plenty of time to develop his artistic skills, though he isn't especially skilled yet, his paintings tend to display a lot of heart that suggests that one day he might be.

Personality (Adult):
As Flare grew up, he began to grow past his handicap and the melancholy that it sometimes brought him. His headstrong personality began to resurface, as did a very bright determination to succeed no matter what. Nothing drags the stallion down now, and he tackles every day headfirst, never letting his shortcomings slow him down. He has developed an unshakable optimism, and a strong presence, one that tends to command the whole room's attention.

Likes: Windy days, rain, socializing, making ponies smile, watching other pegasi fly, making new friends, drawing.

Dislikes: Being stared at, being pitied, hospitals, being left alone, sad friends, not being able to help when somepony is down.

Mother: Lofty Spires, a beautiful weather pony, Lofty is kind and gentle, and often soft spoken. Her job often calls her away from home, but she always puts her family first if she has to. Lofty is a white pegasus with a blush pink mane and tail, often styled into a practical ponytail.

Father: Flare's hero is his father, Blaze, a strong stallion and chief of the Ponyville fire department. Alongside his wife, Lofty, the two are a dazzling duo in the skies. Blaze is the closest to Flare, and though he loves his mother dearly, he has forged a strong bond with his brave and loving father. Blaze will often take Flare on flights, riding on his back, making sure his son doesn't forget what it feels like to have the wind beneath his wing.

History: Flare was destined for great things when he was born, a hardworking and dedicated little colt, he quickly became a very strong flier, especially for his age. While he wasn't extraordinary, there was no doubt that he was good.

Though Flare was born in Manehattan, he didn't stay there long, his family deciding to relocate to Ponyville, where they felt the young pony would find much more warmth and security.

The day he got his cutie mark was the day his life changed forever. During a practice flight with his father, Flare insisted on attempting a stunt he'd seen his dad do. The trick seemed to go off without a hitch, and Flare came out sporting a cutie mark, but he'd gotten distracted and crashed right into the hefty brick wall of their home.

For a week he was hospital bound, and despite the best efforts of the medical staff, the foal came out missing both his wing and leg because of the devastating injuries.

Flare spent days teaching himself to get around despite his missing leg, and is slowly but surely working back into some semblance of normality.

Current History
As an adult, Flare has remained in Ponyville, following his father's hoofsteps as chief of the fire department. He is still a bachelor, but is looking for the right mare. He lives in a medium sized house just on the edge of the main street. With the help of a friendly stallion named Willow, he has been considering the possibility of being fitted for a prosthetic wing, but lately the idea has seemed less and less vital to him.

Example RP segment:
What is this, and why does it smell like...lilacs?

The young colt groaned as he let his head fall back to the table top, gripping a very frilly envelope in his hoof, "Gimme a break..." This HAD to be a joke, it had to! He growled and looked at the offending paper, "if Dust Storm is behind this I'll make him eat a worm." This would be the kind of mean joke that bully would play, he'd made Flare miserable ever since he returned to school.

A thought crossed his mind, Dust wasn't even AT school today, how could he have done it? He groaned again, the only way to find out is to open it. With great care the young colt began to tear open the letter, pulling it out and looking it over.

"Dear Flare,
I rly Like u, and im glad ur back, maybe we can talk more?

xoxoxo
-ur Secret Admirer
"

Flare let out another frustrated sound, punctuated by an ache where his wing once was. This was the last thing he needed right now. But he still couldn't help a small smile playing on his face, who was this mysterious admirer?

And why does their hoofwriting look so beautiful?

[Acceptance]

Last edited by Discorderly on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flare   Flare I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:55 am

Ooh, this app looks amazing! But, I am going to need a bit more info. Like parent(s) and their influence on the young flier. Brothers and sisters? How about their interactions (relationships) with each other? Home? Where does/has he live(d) and how did he get there? (Born there or not?)
Back to top Go down
Discorderly

Discorderly

Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flare   Flare I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:18 am

Alright, I added a few details within his history and personality, as well as a more detailed look at his parents and who they are to him! ^^

I was also curious, what kinds of places might be good for RPing younger ponies? I'm not 100% sure where to start breaking this little dude in(Aside from the newbie area)! :D
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flare   Flare I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Excellent!! Approved, have fun! ^_^

Hm, I suggest sugar cube corner for the young colt! Or at school somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Discorderly

Discorderly

Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flare   Flare I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Am I allowed to do this?
I basically updated his profile to the age he currently is as far as like, RP canon! ^^
Nothing was changed I just added a bit<3
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flare   Flare I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:28 pm

That's fine! :3 I love your art, by the way!
Back to top Go down
http://mewsdistantrealm.forumotion.com
Discorderly

Discorderly

Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flare   Flare I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:32 pm

Thank you so much! ;o;
And cool, I wasn't 100% sure if it was cool to do but I'm glad it is >u<
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Flare Empty