My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Crystal cure...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

The Crystal cure... Empty
PostSubject: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:33 am

Silent Whistle stepped off of the train into the bright world that lay ahead that was, Trottingham! So many sights to see and ponies to greet, it was certainly different from the Crystal Empire where he grew up and spent most of his life.

It wasn't until recently that his parents allowed him to leave the Crystal empire in search of a new life and to build his first, very own restaurant. He was so excited he could barely contain it as he galloped through the cobblestone streets making his way through the town.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 am

It was extremely difficult not to see the new arrival.

That was why when Threads went through the front door of her toyshop, the first thing she saw was the crystal stallion rushing down her street. That was why her first instinct was to bound in front of said galloping pony. That was why, even after the inevitable collision and sprawling in the middle of the street, she was happy and excited and was speaking in her usual cheerful manner.

"Oh dear Celestia! You're a crystal pony aren't you? We've never had crystal ponies in Trottingham before! This is so wonderful, literally full of wonder and rainbows! Welcome to our little community of ponies! But, wow it is a honour to have one of you crystal ponies out here, and I need to get you a 'Welcome to Trottingham' present. Now. Oh! And I am so sorry for bumping into you like this, this is a horrible first impression of both me and the town but I hope you can overlook this small incident, but you look like a nice pony and all so you are going to need a nice toy! Maybe a shiny toy? But you're from the crystal Empire so any shiny I can come with would look dull by comparison. So no shiny. But do you want a stuffed toy? I've got lots. I make them, you see, and I've got a thing where I give a stuffed toy to every new visitor to Trottingham. It's an awesome thing. Did you read any fairytales as a colt?"

She took a deep breath, still not on her feet and in the place where she was knocked down.

"Hi! I'm Warm Threads! It's nice to meet you!"
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:28 am

The lilac Crystal stallion gasped, suddenly startled and lent a hoof to help her up. Once she was back on her feet, he pointed to his ears and shook his head trying to tell her that he couldn't hear her while trying to read her lips but failing miserably.

He was never good at trying to read lips but he turned his head in the direction she came from and saw a toy shop. His eyes widened at the marvelous array of toys! He signed 'It's nice to meet you. Is this your shop? I want to know everything about this place.' He had a huge grin on his face as he looked around.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:52 am

Threads blinked at the stallions gestures. Understanding then dawned on her face.

"Ohhhhh, I get it! Crystal ponies can't talk because they're made of crystal and tongues are very not made of crystal I got you, I got you! I should have known! You would think that they would say that, wouldn't you? Erm, but I don't know any sign language and Crystal Sign Language is probably different from Trottingham sign. Yeah, I know, right? There are heaps of sign languages, and it makes it really difficult to learn it. But I suppose pointing has the same purpose and you're pointing to..."

She turned, and her gaze revealed her beloved toy store. Each plaything, loving crafted by her own hooves, drawing inspiration from fairy tales and folklore. Threads cared not for the mass produced dross made in cold factories, and her creations of love had a stranglehold in her beloved town. Her toys were built to last, just like the ones of the ponies who taught her, and she relished the thought of a doll she made being passed from generation to generation.

"My store! Yes, I need to get you that welcome gift! Come inside come inside!"

She merrily urged the crystal stallion inside her store saying, "If anything catches your fancy just tell....bring it to me. I'll just need to get a pen or pencil and paper so that we can communicate! Can communicate. Not quite a tongue twister, that one..."
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:12 am

Upon entering the toy shop his mouth dropped agape at the vast array of toys. He felt like he was in some sort of dream, like a toy wonderland. It had been a while since he's played with toys remembering how much joy and excitement they brought to his life when friend making was impossible.

He shoved those memories out of his mind and filled the space with the wonder and delight that toys brought! All he had on him was a few crystals used for currency in the empire but he didn't want to look ill prepared for his marvelous journey through Equestria so he quickly hid them and wondered around looking at all of the stuffed things. He picked up a toy that looked kinda familiar, 'What was it called? Ah, yes yo-yo!'

He put the toy string over his hoof and watched it go up and down then back up again!
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:37 am

"...and silly ponies say that writing corrupts the mind so that one chooses not to remember things anymore! Which is silly, really but there you go and here you go! Welcome to Trottingham! It even says that on this notepad!" Threads gabbled happily as she presented a stuffed grey mare pegasus with glasses and a stern expression. A note pad was placed on the wings, with the words WELCOME TO TROTTINGHAM displayed on the front page. Threads had written the greeting in flowery cursive writing, as well as the 'Your free gift!' on the next page.

"Ah, yes that spinny-winny yo-yo that always keeps coming back. It's funny, even after I learned how to make the things, I still can't to that sleeper trick. Goodness knows I've tried! Do you know how strange it is to give one of those to a colt who then does a whole variety of trickery with it and you just think 'did I really carve that'? Then you try, and end up smacking somepony on the nose with it. It's quite embarrassing in a fun way. Here's a pen, as well."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:49 am

Russet was having one of those days again. Yet another thing going wrong in his life that was comical. His saddle bag that he liked and spent about every day wearing had ripped at the seams. It was falling off him now and the normal tailor was rather busy today. They said it was best in 'different hooves'. Maybe it was because of how he never let him talk to his cousin Ruby. He did, though, give Russet a name and he already knew his day was going to only get more interesting.

Sighing he looked at the storefront before him. The place, a toy store of all things, was where he would find Warm Threads. And she knew about his little secret. Oh how he wished she was not such a talker. Hoping she had forgotten their last meeting, he pushed the door open and peeked his head inside.

"...Umm...Hey, I heard you could stitch things?"
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 4:14 am

He returned his attention towards Threads and happily took the pen and paper and wrote, "Wow, really?? Thank you so much!! And also thank you for the gift, please take this crystal dollar (Which is really just a large purple crystal) as my way of saying thank you! I'm also wondering what life is like outside of the Crystal Empire since this is my first time outside. My name is Silent Whistle, It's nice to meet you!" He wrote, then held out a hoof to shake hers completely forgetting about the Yo-yo still attached which he quickly removed and return it to it's shelf.

He stroked the stuffed pegasus feeling all the soft little bristly hairs run up against his hoof. He marveled at how soft the fur was. He wanted to hug her for the gift but tried to keep it formal.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 4:31 am

Threads shook Whistle's gift and hoof enthusiastically. "I'm Warm- er, oh..." she began, before taking out a notebook of her own.

I'm Warm Threads. It is nice to meet you too. Thank you for the crystal. It looks nice.

The toymaker's eyes widened as her door open to reveal, "Russe- Rub- Sunset! Hello! Come in, come in! She rushed over to the shy mare (or was it a stallion?)and ushered her in. "I can stitch but, that's not quite important now, there's a new pony in town and he's crystal! Well, you can see that, but did you know crystal ponies can't talk? Well, I didn't so it was a bit embarrassing so I had to get a notepad along with Council the Enthusiastic Mute Pegasus. His name is Silent Whistle, which is fitting, do you think that all crystal ponies would have something similar in their name? It would make sense but it would still be strange. Can something make a strange amount of sense? I suppose so, but say hello! Or sign it, or write it, maybe. Just a second, I need to write this down, but it's quite an experience communicating like this. I daresay it's a little bit fun. Hooray! Should I learn sign? Do you know of anypony that knows sign, Ruby? I don't recall anypony that does and Crystal Sign Language, CSL? Yeah! CSL! That's cool! May be different to sign language here..."

She wrote down an introduction and showed it to Whistle.

This is Russet Sunset. He is somewhat shy, but nice.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 4:59 am

Russet only grew redder and redder in the face as Threads did exactly what he was afraid of and more. She became the very nightmare he was afraid of with her mistaking his identity so easily.

Her yammering hardly reached his ears as he sat there, eyes big and focused off into the distance, like a train was coming. A train with Threads behind the wheel. Constantly tooting the horn on it till his ears bled.

He snapped out of his trance state when he realized she was gone. Wait. No. She wasn't. She was....writting?

What is she doing that fo-....Oh. There is another pony here. A mute pony? Oh no. She is draining the words right out of them! Russet sat up and forced a very unconvincing smile. Twice caught off guard now, he weakly waved his hoof.

"Hi...."

Maybe he is deaf or this is what happens when you are around her too long.

"Umm...I don't really know much sign stuff. My grade school had us do a litte."

Then brilliance struck him. And his smile became a bit more sincere if not mischevious. "Threads. Why don't you just write down everything?"

I saved us all....
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:17 am

Silent turned his attention to the peach stallion and bowed his head as if saying 'It's nice to meet you.' Then he returned his warm smile. He was eager to get out and see more of what Trottingham had to offer but he didn't want to just rush out when there was an actual chance that he could make actual friends!

He scribbled down on his notepad. "Hi, it's nice to meet you Russet. My name is Silent Whistle." He then happily handed the notepad to Russet and calmly waited for the reply.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:35 am

"You can't be the only pony not to write, that's just not getting into the spirit of things! Anyway, I wouldn't be able to write down what Silent Whistle wants to say, cause I'm not psychic. Sometimes I wish I were, then I could beam information directly into ponies minds so that they can understand what I say, but since I'm not I can't and thus you have to write as well, Rubes."

I am sorry. We didn't really get taught much sign language in school. But I'm sure that we'll learn some tricks from talking hanging out with you.

"And me? Be a translator? You know how confusing I am enough for other ponies to give up trying to understand me. It's better if your thoughts go direct, so that clarity is preserved. Unlike going through a demented game of whispers."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 am

Russet realized what Threads was saying as Silent handed him the notepad. He cringed and grinded his teeth when she addressed him as 'Rubes' though.

Taking the notepad, he wrote. Hello. I know only a few basic signs I think. My name is Russet Sunset. Its nice to meet you.'

As he wrote, his shyness seemed to recess. The usual barriers of conversation didn't apply like they used to like this. Looks like reading all those books when his mother told him to be more 'social' was paying off!

I My cousin works at the bookstore and we are both big readers. Russet figured reading was a likely passtime for someone who was deaf. Maybe a fellow bookworm? The idea of a fellow reader like him made him smile.

Threads though, had something to say that actually made some intellectual sense to him. Looking up to her, he was a little surprised. "Well, yeah, you are right about that. The more in between the ends, the worse." He ruffled his wings a little to keep the torn saddlebag from slipping off him. He always made sure it covered his cutie mark.
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Silent smiled when he read about the bookstore and wrote 'I do love a good adventure story and would love to visit your shop although I only have Crystal Empire currency. I'm not sure what good a few measly crystals would do outside of the empire.'

With that written he handed the notepad back and brought out some multi colored crystals to show him then quickly returned them inside of his saddlebag along with a list of ingredients to work his culinary magic. Or at least that was what his parents called his cooking.

His mind trailed off wondering how they would get along without him.
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Sherlock Hooves was one of the 'oddballs' of Trottingham, but only those who interacted with him at least three times in their lives could confirm that. Everypony else ignored him as often as they ignored any other passerby, and Sherlock ignored them more frequently. In fact, for the most part, he never left his apartment, let alone Trottingham, except when a case or important research moved him.

A particularly interesting case demanded an expedition from his cozy apartment to fetch a foal toy from a local shop. A 'string with ducks on it' was the missing link in a murder trial and Sherlock needed one to prove that the pegasus in question could not possibly have caused the carriage wheel to separate from the victim's cart despite what the so-called 'witness' claimed

Opening the door with his hoof, Sherlock glanced around as he entered. He spotted a deaf Crystal Pony- as evidenced from his ear, the pad of paper being written on, and his coat- a stallion Sherlock knew by the name of Russet, and the owner of the store- Threads- chatting with both of them.

Without a second glance or any words of greeting, he went left as soon as he entered the store and began to search the various shelves and other objects, seeking the ducks on a string.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:56 am

"Aren't there exchange places for that sort of thing? It's funny really cause money was meant to be the universal measure of worth only for it to be divided between countries everywhere, and an apple is an apple, though some don't like apples that much, so that won't work either especially with doctors cause that would be self defeating. The crystals do look nice though, but I suppose in a Crystal empire there would be heaps so they would be a dime a dozen, or sixpence for seventy-seven. Sometimes, I wish a hundred was called tenty instead as in tenty-two. Don't like camping that much though, get eaten alive by insects and my saddlebags always wear out. Have you been camping recently R. Sunset? And has the tailor sent you to me because it's camping season? It doesn't feel like the right time to experience the great outdoors, though. But you have taken it to the tailors, haven't you? Heck of a job, though."

Town Hall should have currency exchange. Might take you there now if Russet doesn't mind waiting a while before I start work on her saddlebags.

Such a trip, however, had to wait a little bit longer as again the store door opened to let another pony through.

"Dear Celestia I did not expect to be so popular today, otherwise I would have dressed for the occasion and you must be Sheerluck, right? I distinctly remember giving you a detective dog plushie when we first met and I was just starting to make toys. Always the avid mystery solver you were undoing the mousetraps and undoing gordian knots. Have you met Mr Sunset, Mr Hooves? Mrs Sunset, this is Mrs Hooves, he's a detective of sorts. Mr Hooves, Russet works in a bookstore so I'm not sure if a detective or a bookkeeper walk into a bar it would be some kind of joke. But enough funny business, Sherlock, or are you looking for a clown toy? Never saw the funny side of clowns, unless they're clownfish. Clownfish always make me laugh, and here's a crystal pony called Silent Whistle who you need you notetaking notepad to talk to, and I'll just introduce you!"

This is Sherlock Hooves, Silent Whistle. He fancies himself as a private investigator of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Russet was delighted. Another reader pony. And one from the Crystal Empire! He wanted to ask so many questions but realized that it would probably be a bit too soon and overwhelming to do now. As for currency, Russet was just in the process of writting down a solution until Threads beat him to it.

"Yes, she has the right idea. The exchange rate is real good right now with all the unique and new trade going on." He pointed to Threads and her message to while nodding to convey his approval.

You know, once you get past all the hyper verbal assaults, maybe Threads isn't so bad.

The new arrival though had her attention though. He winced as Threads misgendered them both. And became more nervous at learning he was a detective.

Oh no. Somepony must be on to me and my cousin. Okay, got to act normal... Russet looked up innocently, pretending not to notice the detective.
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 pm

If he had a hat, he would have tipped it to Sherlock Hooves as a 'Hi, how are you?' kind of way but instead he gave a slight bow and wrote, "Hi Sherlock! It's really nice to meet you." He mentally slapped himself for not noticing the vibrations on the ground from other hooves coming entering the shop.

He then wrote, "Ah, yes! I'd love to change out the currency. I've been so used to crystals, it would be a nice change from the sharp, jagged things."

He then showed everypony the note while nodding happily in the idea and wondered how much one crystal was in this currency.
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:08 am

It was quite unfortunate, in Sherlock's mind, that he had been spotted entering. There were times where he was just fine being the center of attention- it had its perks and could be used properly- but this time he just wanted a simple object and to be gone. But the ever chatty Threads had spotted him and done her best to draw him into the conversation. The unicorn Russett seemed to not want to have anything to do with Sherlock, and if the consultant detective had any care at all about the business of other ponies he might start to snoop, but the fact was he couldn't care less about something as trivial as Russet's problems.

The deaf crystal pony tried to greet him but Sherlock ignored him to address Threads. Despite her manner, he couldn't' help but have some sort of fondness towards her. She was always helpful and kind, and while Sherlock wasn't one to give into fleeting feelings of gratitude, he knew when not to look a gift horse in the mouth; a person who treated him kindly despite his peculiarities wasn't someone to toss aside.

"Hello Miss Threads," he said, "I'm here for a specific item; a length of string with five small wooden ducks on it. The ducks would have wheels and the one in the front would be the largest, presumably the mother. Do you have any such toy?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:11 am

Threads brow creased in thought. "Duckrollers? Yes, I carved a few of them, never thought of you being a duck person, Sherlock. You would have to be quackers to be a duck person, and I should be more ashamed of that pun than I actually am. Every time somepony makes a bad pun, some sensible pony groans. They say it's the lowest form of wit but they also say the same of sarcasm. But part of the charm of bad jokes is that they're bad and everypony can agree that they're bad and curse the day the first bad joke was conceived. Anyways 'Never-give-up' Duck rollers. I carved a few, but I never really got the point of them. They just seemed so, bland? And heartless so I gave up, which is rather ironic, after the third...which was a year ago? Two? Something like that. They must be either sold or somewhere back in storage, but you sure you want them? They're not that great, can I interest you in Plucka Duck the Fowl villain of Northwood? And there's another bad pun, you know what I'll just go get the ducks."

Threads retreated to the back of the store, and reemerged with a set of five ducks attached with string. They were rather old, battered and made by more inexperienced hooves.

"Only one left, I'm afraid. Couldn't get the right heart into them, they look flat. Not you know paper flat, but flat flat. Flatter than a bulldozed set of flats. Don't ask me to make more, I didn't like it the first time, and only the insane would do the same thing and expect something different and I 'm not that kind of insane. At least, I don't think so."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:41 am

Russet found the duck request rather odd. He guessed maybe he wasn't here for anything relating to him. Or it was a clever ploy to lower his guard. Russet made sure to be careful either way.

Seeing that Threads was occupied with the detective now, he took his chance to get to know Silent.

So you are from the Crystal Empire? I always wanted to know more about it. I haven't got to read much about it until now. I don't want to overwhelm you with questions though. I could help you with the currency exchange. I need to see the bank later anyhow.

Russet wrote fluently, having much practice with his writing ability which was usually a rare thing for a pegasus. But he didn't get out too much.
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:33 am

Silent Whistle chuckled upon reading and quickly scribbled down, No, go right ahead and ask as many questions as you want! I'll do my best to answer them to the best of my knowledge! I'm actually surprised many ponies know much about it since the Empire has been hidden for 1,000 years by the dark magic of King Sombra.

He shivered when that name sent shockwaves of pain rippling through his crystalline body for he heard about through the stories his mother told him of how much pain and suffering he put her and the rest of the Crystal Ponies through and how he tried to once again take over the empire with nothing but fear, misery and hatred looming over them for so long.

He quickly shook that thought from his mind and replaced his frown with a confident grin.
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Sherlock just nodded as Threads went about her usual round-a-bout manner of progressing through a conversation. He shook his head once; when she offered him a different duck-based product of hers. It would be too much of a hassle to explain the details, plus it likely wouldn't be pleasant for Threads to hear what the ducks were for.

However, the ever reliable toymistress came through and provided Sherlock with the string of ducks he desired. With a nod he thanked her. "How much?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:13 pm

"Five bits of bits, fivebits," Threads said, "Don't know why a detective would want ducks but there you go, the detective and the ducks. Alliteration's always awesome."

Threads looked over at the other two and saw the flash of Whistle's troubled expression.

Is there something wrong?
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Russet was not the most keen of observing emotions, but he did catch a little of Silent's frown. He could not figure what it was that had him down but his best guess might have to do with the mention of King Sombra. He was the only negative thing he could think of in relation to what he last wrote. Maybe he could distract away from those thoughts.

Well we actually don't have many books on it at all. They just started trading from your empire's libraries and we are only able to get so many with so few copies available. Hence why you are probably a wealth of knowledge. Heck, you could write books on what you know and make some good money to start off.

Russet bounced on his hooves at the brilliant idea he had. Well, at least brilliant to him. Not every pony can just write a book.

Then it hit him. That feeling. The thing he dreaded. And it was a terrible time. Everytime was terrible but this time it was very. He quickly looked around. Outside was too public and far from home.

"T-Threads...Do you have a restroom I can use?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Crystal cure...   The Crystal cure... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Crystal cure...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next