My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To the book store

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

To the book store - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 am

"...yes, please don't be too long if you're returning. Be short, but not too short either! Be like Goldie's bread! Juuuuust right. The sweet spot. Not too sweet. Diabetes is a horrible thing, and variety is the spice of life! Spicy bread tastes strange. Haven't made up my mind about whether I like it or not. Should suggest that to Goldie. I don't think he likes when I suggest things to him." She waved Russet off enthusiastically, before bounding to Raynie.

"Raynieraysieraydieraylie, you can find a lot of things if you put your mind to it! Like true love, for instance. But I don't feel like romantic novels today, nor tommorrow nor ever! But tommorrow never comes, so I might feel like a cliche, overblown romance tommorrow. But today! Fantasy is fantastic, and mystery is mysterious, and books are shaped like themselves, like most things, except weekends. But you know I don't like genres. I want something clever and witty and with emorally ambigous characters trying to find purpose in their lives. That would be something you can find! Purpose is so much more interesting than true love." Her eyes danced over the bookshelves. "Speaking of pancake mix, do you happen to have any mysteries in a fantasy setting that focus on intercharacter relationships? With at least one main character dying? That was why I didn't like the H. Trotter series at the end, it felt too happy-happy saccharine at the end. I think he should've died. Or at least one of his friends, so the ending is bittersweet. All endings should be bittersweet, all the good ones, anyway. Bitter because the story is over, but sweet because you read the story to begin with. Just bitter or sweet tastes...bland. Any story with a bittersweet ending that focuses or character instead of plot...but don't tell me how the ending is bittersweet. That's another good thing about bittersweet. There can be so many different types of it."

Threads paused to breathe.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:04 am

Right then, As if to save Raynie from being alone in the Long winded assault, Grass Knot Opened the door, a Bouquet of Flowers held with Magic. "Uh, Miss Thread, and, uh, Miss Raynie." he greeted, blushing softly. He floated the flowers over to Raynie's Counter, shuffling his hooves. "Well, uh... Somepony Cancelled their order, and, Er, It's Kinda hard T'put 'em back after Y'cut them, And, uh, thought Y'would like t'have 'em... I-I mean, uh, A-as a snack! Th'make great snacks! A-Aye..." he added, blush intensified.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:48 am

Raynie tried to keep up with what Warm Threads was saying, but it was quite difficult. After a while she just decided to stop trying to understand the mare. She spoke so fast that it was difficult to keep up with her. He eyes shot up when the door opened to see-- the pony from the flower show a building or two down-- oh-- what was his name? it wasn't Flower-- Plant-- Grassy? That sounded about right.

"Try this one" Raynie said handing a book towards Warm Threads as she proceeded to move kind of quickly past her.

"Grassy! nice t' see y'" she said with an anxious smile as she greeted him by the door, before examining the flowers, "Ah donae eat them much, buh they are lovely, maybe ah c'n leave them on m' desk as decoraction," Raynie suggested.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 pm

"Knotty!" Threads cheered as the green stallion entered, "Gordian Knot, Forget-me-knot, To be or Knot to be, love me, love me Knot! Those are pretty things, suitable for a pretty purpose! My, Knotty, what pretty things you must have thought when you decided to give them to Ray-ray! Sunlight and flowers! They go together well. Sunlight, flowers, green grass and happiness and romance and picnics and rainbows and all pretty things under the sun. Or the moon. Though there's no dark side of the moon, really. Matter of fact, it's all dark. The only thing that makes it look light is the sun. Shine a beam through a prism and if I ever lose my eyes, I won't have to cry no more. Crying makes me sad."

Getting out her glasses, she then started browsing through the text. "Oh, yes, but sometimes one needs to cry, else happiness hath no meaning. Like a piece of abstract art when there's nopony around. So if a picture hangs in a gallery, but nopony sees it, is it still art? Art has to be something that evokes emotion in you. What sort of emotions will the flowers evoke if they just lie on the table? Knotty probably feels a strange mixture of anxiety and wistfulness, if I'm not mistaken, Raysie probably feels just curiosity and contemplation. The not-Truth Seeker will probably despise it for hiding feelings behind a poor bluff, but I think the effort to evoke emotion is nice and I think I've read this before, Raynie-ray. They were twins, apparently, which I found a bit cheap. Not playing with a fair die or a full deck. Duuuuuuues eeeeex maaaachiiiiimaaaa. They hid it well, but it kinda spoiled it for me." Threads blocked the book from Knot's view with a short glare. "And I'm not going to spoil it for you, if you haven't read it, Knottingham of Trottingham." The glare quickly dissipated. "Knottingham of Trottingham. Hah! It's been ages since I last called you that! Well, a week, but it felt like ages, and that's what counts."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:35 am

Grass went through a Variety of expressions as Threads ranted. Ranging from first at slight Resignation, then to bright red embarrassment, to plain confused, to resignation again. "6 Days, T'be Precise." he corrected, Before turning to Raynie with a smile and a blush. "A-And Y'do what y'like with th'flowers, Miss Raynie!" he said, nodding.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:40 am

Raynie tried to keep up with what Warm Threads said, but most of it seemed kind of irrelevant to her so it was hard for her to focus on what the excitable pony had to say. Finally Threads got back to books, something she could talk about!, "Ah am sure ah c'n find somethin' for y' if y'd like," she said to Threads, placing the flowers on her desk and looking at a few books directly behind her desk.

She gave a small smile to Grass, thankful for the flowers but not exactly sure what the proper way to respond to them is, "they r' verra lovely, Grassy," Raynie said to Grass Knot, closing her eyes as she smiled to him. She never spoke much with Grass Knot, just exchanging some pleasantries with him. He always seemed so quiet whenever she was around, and fairly uncomfortable, she always assumed he had a problem with the way she looked, him bringing over some extra flowers was actually quite a nice surprise.

Unless-- could Grass Knot have put something in the flowers, possibly to do harm to her? Raynie exampined the flowers closely, ignorant of the other two ponies still in the room.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:58 am

The bell on the door chimed quietly as another pony came in. She slowly slinked it, moving to the edge of the store to avoid the small crowd of ponies that had gathered. She hoped to be in and out to pick up her books, but the presence of ponies, expecially with Threads still there, made her hesitate and silently wait for them to disperse.

To any at a glance, they might think it was Russet, but her body was different, and mane was grown out. A saddle bag assisted by her wings covered her cutiemark. She preoccupied herself by pretending she was looking at books, occasionally looking back to the others with a shy glance behind her mane.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:41 am

Threads ears pricked as she heard the chime, and looked round to see who it was that entered. "Russet! You've changed since I last saw you, or is it twins? Again? It's one thing to see that pulled in a book, quite another to have real life pull that same trick just after you talked about it! Now that's a twist. Or dramatic irony. But who's watching? Big Sister? Doubleplus ungood! We were always at war with the Griffon Nations! I've seen somepony like you before, maybe-not-Russet, and you both look like Bananas in-" Her eyes widened in horror. "Oh no! I gave both of the toys to Russet, and I have none to give to you, not-quite-Russet! Why must bananas come down in pairs? Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear..."

As her smile faltered, Warm's volume became quieter. "Steady on, steady on, Warm. First things first, which is get the order of things correct. First, get the order of things correct. Second, make sure the new pony you've met is actually new and not somepony you've met before but temporarily forgotten about. Third, introduce yourself. Hi, I'm Warm Threads! Welcome to Trottingham! Oh, but this pony may actually be Russet and now I've gone and stuffed up, and I don't even have a toy to give to make it better. You're not Russet, are you? Okay, that sounded weird even to me, and that's not good at all. Order! Order first! Before that, don't go on unrelated tangents! Argh, this is why I don't like twins, they get me all confused and I am perfectly capable of confusing myself. And getting sidetracked. But mostly being confusing!"

By now, Warm Threads had become quite distraught. It was if her speech had become a train with malfunctioning breaks, and was headed straight towards a cliff.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:50 am

Grass blushed BRIGHT red when Raynie smiled at him. "I-It's, uh, No problem, Miss Raynie." He said, shuffling his hooves. However, Thread's Derailment caught his attention most. "Ach, Miss Thread... take a Deep Breath, Lass. Aye think You can give her a gift later, aye?" he said as if Talking to a dissapointed foal, patting her back with a hoof.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:26 am

Raynie raised her head from inspecting the flowers when Warm Threads said that Russet had returned to the store. She was about to greet Russet when her brain registered that this was a different pony indeed. She looked like Russet, her body was the same color-- as was her mane-- but-- well-- she was-- a she...

She tilted her head slightly as she studied the new mare in the room, she cleared did not want attention drawn to her, however, Warm Threads did that for her.

"C'n ah help y' lass?" she asked politely of the new mare in the room, "Ah donae s'pose yuir Russet's cousin, are y'?"
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 11:07 pm

The mare blinked at Threads, her mouth going agape. Other than the verbal spewing that came forth, she seemed even more distressed at her musing of how similar she was to Russet. Cornered in her conversation, she looked for a way out, and Raynie was just the one to give it to her.

"Yes!" She gasped, putting her attention on the hippogriff. "I'm....Ruby." Her nature became shy and cautious once introductions we're established.

"Umm..I'm just here for some books..." She dared a glance at Threads, quickly looking back to Raynie, fearing any eye contact would tempt another bout of verbal assault.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:14 am

Gulping breaths to deter her speech, Threads slowly ground to a halt. "...how rude is that...she won't listen...just push her...her some lip...shut up...cares about...now." She finished by finally released a breath without any words. Two deep breaths, then she started beaming again. She nodded happily, waving Knot's hoof off her.

"Did…I just did what I think I just did, didn’t I? I did it again? I try not to be like that, I really do! I…I forgot, is all. I’m, okay now.”

Her voice still had the same passion and enthusiasm, but it was a little more subdued. The beam turned into a worried smile as she looked at the other two.

"Maybe I should go? Before I terrify the poor dear further?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Grass patted Thread's back again, smiling weakly. "Well, Y'do what y'wanna do..." he said, smiling. Then turned to Raynie, blushing. "W-Well, uh, The Shop's crowded... Maybe... M-Maybe ah can Get some books later, eh?" He said, blushing
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 am

Raynie was a little overwhelmed with the number of ponies in the shop. She rarely ever had the opportunity to just talk to one other pony that wasn't her mother or tutor. Now there were three ponies all talking. She kept glancing between them, clearly a little anxious on who to speak to first.

Her eyes lingered on Warm Threads for a moment as she said some of the most-- odd-- things...

Suddenly it seemed like everypony was intending on leaving her shop. The crowds made her a little anxious but she didn't want all her quasi-friends to suddenly leave, but she didn't know what to say to keep them around.

She blinked and realized that she'd been quiet for a bit too long. "y' donae have t' leave" she said towards Grassy and Threads, "le' me just help miss Ruby for a min'" she said as she turned her attention back towards Ruby.

Raynie walked over towards Ruby, observing her curiously, something about her was just-- odd... She looked her over cautiously and tilted her head looking at Ruby's hair. She realized that it may be awkward for the poor mare with how she was just staring at her and thought it best to speak, "books, aye, any in particular yuir lookin' for?" She asked putting a soft smile back on her beak, "yuir cousin wa' na' able t' give me much idea as t' yuir preferences," she explained.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:19 am

Ruby blushed as the attention began to focus on her. She really did look like she might run in terror if things got any more intense. Thread's moment of sympathy had her relax a little and wonder if maybe there was some sanity in that pony.

Right now though her most immediate escape to comfort short of running was books. "Umm..How about those ones you recommended me." She pointed a hoof at the stack that was left behind not too long ago. "I...Do like fantasy. Even some romance." She hoofed at the books, focusing on them rather than any eyes that could be on her.

"You like these ones too?" She peeked up to Raynie, a speck of curiosity poking out of her shyness.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:21 am

Threads was about to turn to leave, before she screwed up things further, when her ears pricked. Her jaw dropped. Her eyes widened. There was no force in Equestria that could've stopped her saying what she said next.

"Oh, now that is a twist! A most twisty twist that ever twisted the twist! More twisting than a blind piano player singing the blues! The narrator and Fight Club are one and the same! Motel is Mother! Good Fielding, despite everything, does like it hot! Well, nopony's perfect."

She leaped over to Ruby.

"That is amazing! How do you do it? I might as well ask how a coin has two sides yet is the same, but that's not the point. I suppose why do you do it is similar, but that's all there is to know about the crying game, everypony had a bridge dropped on them. Cloudsdale bridge is falling down, my fair lady. And the admiral cries in horror."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:00 am

Grassy stared blankly at warm Threads, before shaking his head and turning to Ruby. "Known 'er most me life, Cannae Understand 'er at all. Sorry, lass." he said, smiling. He then busied himself with looking at books, a small blush on his face.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:36 am

Raynie looked again to Warm Threads with a dumbfounded look. She really wondered if that pony had been dropped on her head when she was a foal... a lot... She struggled to make heads or tails of what the nuts pony was saying and if anything it just made her lose her train of thought.

She looked back to Ruby, shaking her head a little at what Threads had said. "Ah s'pose Russet told y' 'bout th' books we were settin' aside?" Raynie asked, a little surprised that Ruby knew which stack of books were Russets, seeing as she actually hadn't told her which ones were for Russet yet.

Raynie smiled softly and nodded at Ruby "Oh yes, ah've read almost all o' these books, ah'm quite fond o' all th' authors whose books are in m' store" she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:20 am

Ruby froze and stared at Threads. Panic began to set in her mind. Fortunately she managed to keep her physical reaction more mellow. As mellow as one could be when their fight or flight senses wanted to kick in.

The moment of silence was getting longer, and Ruby broke it to dissuade any more thought to Thread's words. "Hahaha..." She forced her laugh. "We are twins and just...think alike and all. He told me about everything before i got here. Like ESP. Hehe..." She turned around before much a response could be given, directing her attention on Raynie to leave the last conversation behind.

"Ah, yes, he told me everything. I would love to buy these books. I have the bits now." She put on a silly big smile that was hard to avoid smiling at in its exaggeration.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:09 am

Threads frowned. "Cousins, fathers, mothers, twins, sisters, brothers, all you zombies. You don't have a time machine, so you can't be your own grandpa. That's just sick, anyway. Genetic Incest rolled up with a paradox. Comedy of Errors. Error was the fact there was no comedy. As I like it. Not. One equals two. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? No, of course you're not no one can be thinking what I'm thinking, that would be ESP and it would be wonderful and terrible at the same time cause then they could see what I mean, cause I certainly don't mean what I say. The meaning of the thought or the idea, why would you try to obscure yourself further? Better question: Why try to be somepony you're obviously not comfortable being?" As she spoke her voice became softer and sadder, as though realising something.

She sighed. "Was not-Truth Seeker right? Are we all actors following our own ad-libbed scripts? I wish somepony can give me mine. I don't know my lines, I don't know my lines, but I think...I think I know my character. A walk-on part in the war. Better than a lead role in a cage."

With a small smile, she nodded. "I'll come by tomorrow again to look for a book to cook in a brook with a rook, Raysie-ray. Good day, I say. Same to you, Trottingham of Knottingham. Nottingham of Tottingham. Hammingnot of Knottingtrot. Was that right, no I forgot. I do that, sometimes. But at least I'm not forgetful. I'll come by tommorrow, Raynie days and Mondays. Don't let me down!"

She paused. "Raynie days and Mondays. I like that name. I like it enough to use it liberally."

Muttering to herself, Threads walked out of the bookstore.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 am

Grass Knot sighed softly, smiling weakly. "Don'choo worry none, Miss, ah, Ruby, eh? We 'ave a sayin' 'ere. 'Miss Threads Does as Miss Threads does.' Still, Y'cannae meet a friendlier pony." He finished, before grimacing. "Even iffin' I'm not fond O' the nickname."

He turned to Raynie to say something, but whatever it was got stuck in his throat, so he blushed, and sat quietly on one of the couches, looking around the bookstore.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:51 am

Something about what Ruby said seemed wrong-- but she couldn't quite place her talon on it-- she began thinking about the things Russet had been saying-- then Warm Threads put her hoof exactly on it-- Russet said Ruby was his cousin-- yet Ruby just said twin-- and given their near identical appearances, Raynie was inclined to believe twin. Although usually a male and a female were not identical even if twins-- she supposed it could happen.

Raynie raised her attention to hear that Warm Threads was leaving-- "G'bye Miss Threads," Raynie said as she nodded her head with respect towards the mumbling pony. She really was concerned that there was something wrong with that pony-- maybe a doctor could help her-- or a psychiatrist...

"Excuss me Miss Ruby--" Raynie said, hesitating on whether or not to bring it up, "but dinnae Russet say that y' were his cousin?" she asked curiously. The sudden absense of Thread's ranting made the store eeriely quiet at first, despite the fact this is how it normally was.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:04 am

Ruby was disturbed by how crazy Threads was, and yet still was so sensible. It was like she was a poetic scholar trapped in a crazy ponies body. She knew that what she had to say made some sense, but only to her since, well since she knew what she was hinting at. Ruby noted her meanings between the lines.

She found herself nodding in agreement with Grass as Threads left. "Oh, haha...Yes, she can be rather interesting...Haha." She put on a forced smile. It wasn't until Raynie mentioned her 'cousin' that she realized her mistake.

"Oh yes. That was figurative! We are like twins. Rather funny how chance can do that. Let me pay you for the books." She quickly pulled some bits out of her bad and tossed them on the table, slightly overestimating the cost, but she wanted to get the transaction going and move off the topic.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:32 am

Grass hummed to himself. "What seems good...?" he said, looking between the books.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 3:15 am

Raynie nodded lightly at Ruby's response. She was a little bewildered by her behavior, but after having been dealing with Warm Threads, her judgement was a bit askew anyway.

Raynie took a moment to pick up the bits with her talons and raised her head, "Oh, Miss Ruby, y' paid me a wee much," she said handing Ruby back one of the bits with a kind smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To the book store   To the book store - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To the book store
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next