My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Slow night at the book store

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raynie!

Raynie!

Slow night at the book store Empty
PostSubject: Slow night at the book store   Slow night at the book store I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 am

The sun had set in Trottingham, the traffic on the street had died down, and if there were to be a costumer to come in at this point, it would probably be one of their regulars. Raynie put a few books back on the shelf, glanced over towards Ruby, then back to her books. Ruby had started working at her book store about a month ago, more and more as Raynie decided she enjoyed the company.

What Raynie really enjoyed was the times she runs into Ruby's twin brother, Russet. She actually never runs across Ruby in town, only Russet. It was also interesting a few times when Ruby had left something at the shop, it was Russet that actually came in to get it.

Raynie put the last book on the shelf and looked back at Ruby, she wanted to say something to her, but she just couldn't muster the courage to being it up to her. She walked back to the front counter to tidy up a little bit, looking out the front window she considered closing up for the night. Mid week almost never had an customers after dark.

Raynie glanced back up to Ruby, glancing down then once again back to Ruby. "Ruby--" Raynie said fairly quietly, trying to get her attention.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Slow night at the book store   Slow night at the book store I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:05 am

Ruby's first few days in the bookstore were rough. At least for her. She never got out and made it a point to not be social. Now with this being her only source of income, it forced her to get out and get more comfortable with herself. As much as she suggested that Raynie employ her cousin, she was picked out instead. The longer she spent here she found herself talking to Raynie more casually and not minding working more often. Almost as if things were 'normalizing' for her now.

When she heard Raynie speak to her in a quieter voice that she was not used to, she got a sense that this was something different from casual conversation. She looked up from the book orders sheet she was going over and met eyes with Raynie, putting on a small smile for her. A smile she could only manage with friends.

"Yes Raynie?"
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: Slow night at the book store   Slow night at the book store I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Raynie held her told when Ruby acknowledge her. Usually her book store was the one place she managed to be outspoken-- albeit still quite quiet. She had known Ruby for just a month, but she had become quite a good friend that Raynie probably considered her her best friend in Trottingham. Than again Raynie did not actively seek friends, worried how other ponies may react to her.

Their friendship didn't make what she was about to say any easier-- Raynie glanced down, "Ruby-- if ye want-- when yuir done ye can leave early..." She said, chickening out.

Raynie turned her back to Ruby and hung her head, two sides arguing against one another in her head. "Actually--" she said nervously as se slowly turned back towards Ruby, "ah've got a question t' ask ye-- about yuir cousin- Russet..." She said lowering her gaze as she kind of scratched the floor anxiously with her talon.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Slow night at the book store   Slow night at the book store I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:04 am

Ruby was concerned. Raynie never used this kind of tone with her. It must be something important. When she told her she could go home early, she had a feeling there was a lot more to it. Maybe she didn't like her? Or maybe she found out about her...

What she said next got her very nervous. This was it. Raynie found out her and her cousins secret. Now she was going to corner her on it and fire her. Why else could she go home early? The more she thought about it, the more she was going into a panic.

"Uh..umm...Yeah?" She said, eyes being just as dodgy as Raynie was.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: Slow night at the book store   Slow night at the book store I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 12:20 am

Rayne looked up to see Ruby, taking a deep breath, it was now or never, "Yuir cousin Russet... have ye ever heard him mention anything about me?" Raynie asked anxiously, glancing from the floor to Ruby.

"Y'know, in passing, or just in general--" she stammered, trying to make herself out to not be too obvious what she was getting at.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Slow night at the book store   Slow night at the book store I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Ruby was confused with the nervous questioning. Maybe she was trying to trick information out of her. Or get her to admit it. Maybe she could throw her off or make it harder for her to prove anything.

"Well..." Ruby said, being just as nervous and averting her eyes. "He does talk about you a bit. Umm...He never has met a hippogryph before. He asks me a lot of stuff too. Because we..uh...have to tell eachother how our days went. And i spend a lot of it with you so yeah. Umm...Something wrong?"

She hoped that maybe that would throw her off. Sure it was stretched a bit, but she wasn't technically lying either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slow night at the book store   Slow night at the book store I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slow night at the book store
Page 1 of 1