My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." Empty
PostSubject: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:07 am

Elegance sipped her tea, and rechecked her notes. The family was a rich one, and they did have some influence over movements in the royal circles. However, they were pegasi, and thus well...

She did not like to think herself a racist. She judged a pony on what s/he does, whether they had wings or horns. But Canterlot was a unicorn city. It wasn't as if she could go and gallivant around the pretentious pile of air that was Cloudsdale. However, courtesy forced her to give this Cloudspree a chance. Especially since Elegance would require something from her.

Elegance was fifteen-minutes early. She had to be. It would simply not do to be late to your own appointment. And now, as the clocks chimed the hour, she looked to the sky for this mystery pegasus.
Back to top Go down
wishberry

wishberry

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:25 am

She trotted smoothly along the clean streets of Canterlot, pausing for a second to adjust her floral-printed dress; Cloudspree was looking forward to meeting this... Miss Elegance mare. She'd woken just a bit earlier to get her hair curled, since the meeting would be a nice little excuse to get her tail and mane textured. She was excited to meet this important young mare-- not that she would admit to her slightly giddy feelings. Spree had heard of this pegasus (or was she a unicorn? Spree had a tendency to forget things that didn't immediately involve her) and had been rather pleased to recieve an invitation to a date for tea.

As she continued on her path, Cloudspree's cerulean eyes caught the sight of a mare-- a very young mare-- with her head tilted toward the sky. Now, Spree had been asked on enough dates and to meetings to know when somepony was waiting for somepony. She chuckled inwardly and trotted silently closer to Miss Elegance, just barely out of her sight.

"Sorry to disappoint," Spree murmured quietly, cocking her head to one side, "but I'd decided against flying today."
Back to top Go down
http://wishberry.deviantart.com
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:45 am

Elegance started when she heard a voice not from the air as she expected, but from the ground. Recovering, she smiled a small professional smile and held out her hoof.

"You must be Miss Cloudspree. My name is Lady Elegance of the Design family. Please, sit down." She motioned to the seat opposite her. Her eyes examined the pegasus, taking note of every detail addressed. There was an inner feeling of pride when it was noted that Miss Cloudspree had gone through a bit of effort in her appearance before the meeting.

"Now, I do not believe we have met before, though I have heard a great deal about both you and your family. So you may be wondering why I have asked for this meeting. Before we start the professional part of the meeting, do you wish to order anything? Tea, or cake? Maybe bread and butter? There are a lot who like simple bread and butter."
Back to top Go down
wishberry

wishberry

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:01 am

Cloudspree inwardly smirked at the slight, barely-there surprise of the unicorn. Outwardly, though, Spree smiled warmly, a look that she'd practiced and perfected long ago. It seemed to go well with her features, despite the fact that most of the times she smiled this way, there were few emotions stirred in her that held any resemblance to her implied cheeriness. She had no intentions of taking this filly seriously, but she would have to keep up the act if she wanted what the family had to offer.

"Hello, Lady Elegance. It is so nice to finally meet you. My unicorn friends here have spoken very highly of you and the Design family," Spree spoke, taking a seat where the other mare had motioned to. "I'll have some tea, please." She silently mused about ordering bread and butter, talking with crumb-framed lips and waving her butter-coated hooves around. Spree shifted slightly, letting her eyes settle on a stallion to the left of Elegance and a few yards behind her.

Spree discreetly took in the young mare's features as she appeared to be studying the blue stallion behind her; Elegance did not at all resemble what the pegasus had in mind when she had received the invitation. She ignored the urge to scowl and let her front hooves rest in her lap, finally taking her gaze off of the stallion.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:54 pm

"Probably more of my family than of myself," Elegance conceded, "After all, they have done so much, and I so little." She smiled over the tea being served to her guest, whilst running over what she had learned in her mind.

Cloudspree was part of a group that was called 'new money' in Canterlot. That meant that they did not think themselves as nobility, forgoing the titles, but nevertheless they had the same standard of living. The families that fell into this group barely had a dynasty of a couple of generations, definitely less than 100 years. This meant a couple of things. Possibly the most important of these is that these ponies were not going to complacent with mere history, and will go for the jugular when it came for negotiations. They were capable, but they were also ruthless.

Elegance fell into the 'old money' category, with relations going back to the founding of Canterlot. Her parents were the Duke and Duchess of Canterlot, possibly one of the highest titles you can get whilst not being royalty. 'Old money' ponies usually had more prestige than their actual achievements called for, but the Designs were a major exception. Their family motto was, after all, 'Ever Improving'. And Elegance intended to live that motto to the fullest.

"I have requested this appointment for I have been advised that you are a mare of wealth and taste wishing to sink your teeth into what the world has to offer. A mare with ambition, and not afraid of that fact." The noblepony sipped her tea. And quite good at manufacturing emotions, she thought, for acting quite calmly in meeting someone as young as her.

"You may have heard of a undertaking of a new building commemorating the long awaited return of the Night Princess. It is called the Midnight Palace, and it will be devoted to the hours between sunset and sunrise. The first of its kind, in fact.

This meeting, in simplest terms, is an opportunity Miss Cloudspree. An opportunity to put your name behind what might possibly be the most fantastic undertaking in the turn of the new millennium. You have in your possession both the wealth and influence to make this project a reality."

Here Elegance stopped for a response from the pegasus, sipping her tea whilst trying to decipher her guest's intentions.
Back to top Go down
wishberry

wishberry

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 am

Cloudspree placed a small, delicate cube of sugar into her dainty teacup. Her deep cerulean orbs remained fixed on the white cube as she watched it quickly dissolve and disappear under a cloak of tiny bubbles. She took a petite stirring spoon and, gently mixing the sugar into her warm tea, she lifted her eyes to Elegance as the smaller mare spoke humbly of herself. Cloudspree brought the edge of the china cup to her lips and sipped quietly at her sweetened drink, listening carefully to Elegance's words.

Spree's lips curved into a smile as Elegance began to speak of the Midnight Palace. This wasn't the first time she'd heard of it, but she'd paid little attention to the gossip and chatter at Fancy Pants's parties, since the matters the mares spoke of were often dreadfully boring.

This little filly was trying to strike up a deal with her, was she?

She set her teacup down silently, her posture still poised and elegant. "Please," the fire-maned mare murmured, "feel free to simply call me Cloudspree. Dates for tea shouldn't be so formal." She chuckled, a light, airy sound. "Now, I won't beat around the bush. While I will admit that your offer is quite appealing, I haven't forgotten that there are two sides to every deal." Spree playfully winked at the mare sitting across from her.

"How should this benefit you, Elegance?"

It wasn't often that Spree was so straight-to-the-point like she was now-- especially not when she was at meetings with potential business partners. And she hardly ever simply addressed them by their first name, much less wink at them. Her facade was perfect, but inwardly, Spree was growing more and more impatient. After all, she was sitting here, across from a tiny filly, sipping tea and discussing business plans. Cloudspree mentally facehoofed.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:32 am

"I am but a simple-minded mare," Elegance stated, emphasising the 'mare', "One who simply wishes her dreams to become reality. All that is needed are bits and involvement from all the races. All I ask from you is your support and an obligatory fee. Princess Luna made it quite clear that this was going to be the product from all ponies, not just the whim of Canterlot nobles. That is, unicorn nobles. As for what I get from this..."

She closed her eyes as she finished her cup. When she opened them again, they smirked while the rest of her face remained calm and professional.

"Satisfaction, my dear Cloudspree. Simple satisfaction. I am not a complex mare."

Leaning forward, she rested her chin on her hooves, tilting her head. She wondered how much Cloudspree actually knew about her. Probably not much, if she had to ask why Elegance wanted the Palace to be built. She was a Design. That is what they did.
Back to top Go down
wishberry

wishberry

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:08 am

The red-maned mare tilted her head to the side as she picked her cup up again, daintily sipping at the warm, sweet tea. Simple satisfaction, hmm?

Cloudspree knew she had never completely understood the upperclass-- of course, that was a sliver of the reason as to why she'd been such a rebellious young filly-- and now would be one of those moments. Building a huge monument for satisfaction? Spree mentally rolled her eyes. It seemed like all these rich ponies did huge things just for the hell of it. Well, I guess that, when you've got the world in your hoof, there's practically nothing entertaining anymore.

She would never really understand these wealthy ponies. In fact, sometimes she yearned to return to that rebel she'd used to be, exploring the streets of Manehattan and doing whatever she pleased, not caring for her image. Of course, Spree had outgrown that. Maybe.

She parted her lips to speak again, her voice silken, with the hint of a smile, "Alright, Elegance. I'd love to be a part of the building of the Midnight Palace." Actually, Spree couldn't care less.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:36 am

No, you won't. A bit of pressure here, a bit of influence there. That's all you want, isn't it? A fleeting sense of entitlement.

"Wonderful!" Elegance exclaimed, "I'm very grateful for your cooperation with my project. Now all is left is to discuss how much you will contribute to the Midnight Palace. If you decide to contribute a large sum, your name shall be used for one of the rooms or something. But to help you consider how much you might like to pay..."

She shuffled a contract from her folders, and placed it in front of her guest. "This is a little thing to confirm that yes, you are going to contribute to the Midnight palace, with a little sum of bits to bind you to the project. Invitation to the grand opening is a given, along with the obligatory certificate/document proving that yes, you did contribute. After signing that-" she held up a bound folder, "-you shall get to glimpse at the intended Design of the temple, to make a reasonable estimate on what would be a significant contribution. I worked hard on these, so I can tell you that they are very detailed..."

Elegance had said these words many times before, so all the legal/business speak flowed naturally, as though it was part of normal conversation. This was not the first time she had observed this sort of thing of course. She had been there when her parents put forward her Memorial Monument to potential patrons, and she had grasped the whole business quickly. Though disappointed with the types of ponies she had to deal with, she had learned that as long as you got the ponies' bits and support, you could care less about whatever it was they were.
Back to top Go down
wishberry

wishberry

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:01 am

Oh, yes. How had Cloudspree forgotten? This entire thing was about money, status, influence-- whatever. She was in Canterlot, after all. The city where, if not known for its great beauty and elegance as the home of Princess Luna and Celestia, was famous for its snobbish, uptight ponies. Spree had inserted herself into that world, placed herself in such a society...

Sometimes, she wondered how much damage her reputation would take if she returned to Manehattan not as a Miss or Lady Cloudspree, but just as Spree: rebel pegasus, soaring in the skie-- oh yeah. The red-maned mare's eyes flickered to her side, Elegance's voice becoming muffled as she fell deeper into her own thoughts. Her injured wing twitched ever-so-slightly beneath the cloth of her light dress-- the movement couldn't be seen even by her own cerulean orbs, but she could feel the barely-there spasm. Cloudspree turned back to her new business partner and put on an easy smile.

Her eyes scanned through the contract before her as she brought her hooves up from her lap to the table. She wouldn't sincerely admit it, but she was impressed that such a young mare-- Barely out of fillyhood, she mused-- was capable of arranging these sorts of things. When she had been that small, she was still zipping through the skies, rebelling against her aunt and uncle in whatever ways she could...

Spree tilted her head to the side as she reached the end of the contract. A feigned, playful grin pulled at the corners of her lips (inwardly, she was smirking) as she realized there was no pen to sign it with. "I'd gladly sign," she giggled daintily, "but there doesn't seem to be a pen for my signature or any ink for a hoof-print."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:39 am

Elegance's smile froze. It was such a small and inoffensive detail, wasn't it? Her hooves felt her pockets, straddling the line between looking casual and urgent panic. "Usually, a family seal would of sufficed, but clearly it is not applicable in this case, would it, now?" The statement was made to make time to search for a Celestia damned- ah.

An inscribed ink bottle ('Always Improving') was placed on the table. "If you would prefer using a pen, I shall ask one from the cafe," said Elegance, "Hoof-prints have a certain...undignified flavour that is more the realm of farmers and labourers." A waiter was signaled. "May we have a fountain pen please? My guest and I are in the rather embarrassing situation of neither of us having one." The request was punctuated by a smile.

When the waiter had gone, she sighed. "I apologise, Mi- Cloudspree, my work must be getting to me. That must be a good sign to take a break from matters of business." She laughed softly. "My greatest weakness."

Making a note to ask the waiter for another cup when he returned, Elegance Design continued, "And what about you, Cloudspree? Are you a slave of any passions in your life?"
Back to top Go down
wishberry

wishberry

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:44 pm

A slave of any passions? Upon moving to Canterlot, I'd become the owner to a number of small tourist gift shops and cafes, but none of them really interest me. I used to fly, but... Cloudspree's thoughts trailed off as she looked to the skies-- it wasn't until she raised her cup to her lips for another sip that she realized she'd actually spoken aloud. How could she have been so damned clumsy? She had never made this mistake before-- at least, not in Canterlot! Her jaw locked uncomfortably and her bright eyes narrowed ever-so-slightly. She placed her teacup down and returned to her previously relaxed composure.

"But I've taken a break from that," she said, dismissing the topic with a wave of her hoof. "My elder brother still loves to fly, though-- he lives in Cloudsdale, manages the storms and the wind. Occasionally he is the guest judge for a few Young Flyer competitions..." Spree's voice trailed off. She didn't often go to Cloudsdale; in fact, she'd only been there twice: once when she was a little filly and still was capable of flying (she'd gone there to compete in several of the competitions, staying with her aunt's side of the family for a few weeks), and once by way of a pegasus chariot to visit her brother (she'd told him it was a "surprise" visit, but in truth, she had only been there because she had heard rumors of her brother being... rather friendly with another mare). She had always been intrigued by the city in the sky. It was the home of many pegasi and a beautiful place indeed-- it had been so long since she had been surrounded by her own kind. Despite feeling that she would be more comfortable in Cloudsdale, Spree figured she would still feel out-of-place-- she would be the only pegasus there, along with a handful of extremely young colts and fillies, that couldn't fly. She resented the thought.

"I do not know much about the Design family," Cloudspree smiled humbly, "but I have heard that you have an elder brother as well? What does he do?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:53 am

"I find most pegasi have their heads far too much in the clouds to care about anypony on the ground," Elegance mused idly, "Present company excepted, of course. Though I can't imagine what possible cause one might expend much effort into something neither essential nor interesting. When one isn't maintaining her living, one usually pursues their calling as their flank cries. But one should always be at least interested with what one does. We only have one life, so we should seek to make the most out of it, no?"

The conversation was broken as the waiter returned with a pen and left with some orders.

"As for my elder brother..." Elegance sighed, "If one wishes to learn about the Designs, Intelligent is not the optimal pony to begin with, as he is...a bit odd, and the traits our family values are expressed in a rather unique way. I assume you are not very much an academic, Cloudspree, for my brother considers himself a scholar before a noble. It is that passion which he serves, to an extent that astounds even me."

Inside, Elegance laughed helplessly. Let it not be said that sibling rivalry was necessarily a bad thing. In their desire to outdo the other, they had both been proclaimed prodigies. It was a bit sad that Intel's interests had strayed so far from hers, but she could safely say that he was head and shoulders above any of the other jokers in Equestria.
Back to top Go down
wishberry

wishberry

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 2:24 pm

"I find most pegasi have their heads far too much in the clouds to care about anypony on the ground," Elegance had said, striking a nerve in Cloudspree, though her friendly, well-mannered facade kept it hidden. The skies hold so much wonder; they are the essence of freedom. Then again, I couldn't expect a grounded pony to understand such a feeling, Spree thought. She glanced at her wings, blue eyes flickering slightly. I hate knowing I can't experience that anymore.

She brought her teacup back up to her lips again, finishing the warm drink in a quiet sip. Cloudspree dried her mouth with a intricately-designed napkin, patting her lips daintily. Don't see why these napkins are so detailed... it seems rather wasteful to spend time designing something so lovely to rub on somepony's face. Then again, this is Canterlot: city of "oh, I'm too posh to be practical!"

"There simply isn't anything that I can do that interests me anymore," Cloudspree sighed, allowing her voice to take on a slightly more wistful tone. Flying was my everything. And now I'm sitting around everyday, bored the hell outta my mind, prancing and giggling stupidly at galas in those ridiculously-ornate dresses. I don't at all mind attention, but... A gentle, warm breeze danced by, running its soft fingers through the curls in Cloudspree's mane. She ignored the urge to curse at it for mocking her, a flightless pegasus. The wind seemed to chuckle at her longing to return to the air, knowing all-too-well that she was incapable. "Well, it would be nice to return to Manehattan for a little bit to visit the Sampsonne family."

Cloudspree took the pen from the waiter and signed the paper with an elegant signature, the ink appearing almost magically under the silver pen. She shifted the contract slightly closer to Elegance as she finished.

"Oh?" Cloudspree tilted her head upon hearing about Elegance's brother. "A scholar, you say? Is he the one in Ponyville?" Cloudspree frowned for a moment, altering her expression so she appeared to be recalling something, "I've heard of a dark-maned, unicorn scholar in Ponyville; then again, we may be talking about two completely different ponies." Spree offered a smile. "My brother doesn't seem to consider himself a noble. He certainly always seems not to care for anyone else, but he's simply painfully inept at socializing with other ponies. He's a bit of a loner, I suppose." Cloudspree frowned. She didn't like the idea of her brother being close with anypony beside herself, but she resented the thought of his solitary life even more.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 5:16 am

Taking the contract back, Elegance snorted, "I think you'll find that the one you must speak of is Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia's favoured and most definitely not my older brother." Unless he had somehow burned down the town, it was unlikely that ponies would know that Intelligent was even in Ponyville, let alone know him by such a flimsy description. "There are more than a few unicorn scholars, and a number of them do have dark manes."

She allowed herself a polite giggle at Cloudspree's description of her beleaguered brother. "Oh, I think I can understand a little. Mine is so saturated with theories and hypotheses that common sense doesn't completely make sense to him anymore. Ah, poor Fancy Pants. I don't think he has quite gotten over Intelligent's impassioned explanation of reality anchors the first time they met." She smiled and hummed to herself as her second cup of tea was served.

She didn't show it, but Cloudspree's little comment about 'There simply isn't anything that I can do that interests me anymore,' angered her more than a little. In fact, it angered her significantly enough to not let it lie.

"If there isn't anything you can see that interests you, then I daresay you must be looking in the wrong place." Or blinded by something you can't do. It was a very daring assumption to form, but the fact that her guest 'decided not to fly', the fact that she had 'taken a break' from flying despite the fact it was her passion, her constant glances at her wings.

Elegance had a hypothesis. A voice channeling her older brother begged her to test it.

"I am reminded of an acquaintance of my older brother. He too, was a unicorn, yet his passion was flying. A curious twist of fate, is it not? A pony naturally unable to pursue his passion. However, this particular pony did not let this adversity drive him to a life of mediocrity and unfulfillment. He turned his gaze to the art of mechanics, designing gliders and such to grant at least a taste of flight to those not gifted with wings. Recently, I am told, he has achieved sustained, non-enchanted flight for a short period of time and seeks to improve it. Absolutely inspiring, is it not? A pony with his passion seemingly out of reach, deciding to kick expectations and grasping the world."

She sipped her tea nonchalantly. "But I digress."
Back to top Go down
wishberry

wishberry

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:33 am

"I daresay you're looking in the wrong place." Sure I am, Elegance. Oh, no, don't stop there. Go ahead and preach about it, Cloudspree gritted her teeth mentally, but her outward appearance was a small smile and a thoughtful expression, as if taking in everything the unicorn said, holding it near and dear to her heart.

"Goddamn it," an inner Cloudspree spoke. Actually, her name wasn't Cloudspree. She wasn't the fine young mare of the Sampsonne Household, she was Spree, the rebel, the flying prodigy, the crazy, wild, untouchable pony. Invulnerable, that's what she is. What she was. "I can't listen to this lady any longer. Just spin up some stupid story, will ya?"

It'd be my pleasure, Cloudspree thought bitterly. I've heard this sort of talk too many times before. She ignored pain ghosting past her wings and reminded herself not to glance at it. Just because she's a filly doesn't mean she should be underestimated. So many had made that mistake about me when I was young...

She raised her hoof silently, a waiter nodding and making his way over. He refilled Spree's cup with a single fluid motion, and she watched as the tea slipped into her porcelain neatly, as smoothly as the twirl of a seamless dress. As the red-maned mare placed another sugar cube into her drink, she feigned an embarrassed look, keeping her eyes planted on the bubbles of the sugar. 

The waiter bowed curtly, "Anything else?"

Cloudspree shook her head and the stallion trotted off to the next table that required his assistance.

"That is rather inspiring," she said quietly, taking a soundless sip of her tea. "Though... well, I haven't exactly such an amazing tale." She chuckled, looking up at Elegance. Cloudspree tried to blush-- she had been practicing this for a while now, as many ponies in her family had rather noticeable flushes, including her brother, and another feature to her facade-- but the lack of heat at her cheeks told her that she was still not able to blush on cue. Instead she settled for running a manicured hoof through some of her curls, her eyes searching the table.

"I... actually, I like..." Cloudspree let her voice trail off. She coughed and spoke in a lower voice. "Lately, I've been rather fond of dress-making. I don't tell this to many ponies," she said, smoothing her floral skirt with a pair of red hooves, "so I'd rather not the word be spread, as my aunt... well, she isn't so pleasant toward more 'menial' tasks and jobs." She sighed, bringing her azure eyes back up to Elegance's face, putting on an embarrassed smile. "I moved out of Manehattan and came here partly for that reason. And besides, Canterlot seems to motivate my muse. I designed this dress," she paused to motion at her current outfit (this wasn't completely a lie, as she did have several of her dresses custom-made and she did pick out several of the styles and so on), "but the only trouble is that it's uncomfortably tight at the wings. I'd forgotten to create enough space in that area, which was rather stupid of me not to consider. Then again, none of my mannequins have wings." Cloudspree took another sip from her tea, shaking her head slightly at herself.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 am

Elegance opened her mouth. Then closed it. Then opened it again. Closed it. Words were going to be extremely difficult. She stared at her tea, thinking.

"Cloudspree, I feel that since you have kindly refrained from rebuking me channeling my mother, it would not be too much of stretch to ask you to forgive me when I say that your story, though charming, is quite...I shall speak frankly."

Her brain simply couldn't begin to comprehend the reason behind why one would tell it. Especially to some upstart pony that talked more than she actually knew (she was, of course working on that, but her tongue truly had a mind of its own sometimes).

Everypony knew how proud pegasi were of their wings and their flight. It was why every pegasi, regardless of their actual flying capability, was forced through flight school. It was why the most famous pegasi weren't the ones in control of the weather, their most (arguably only) useful function, but the Wonderbolts, mere acrobats. It was why Cloudsdale existed, the truly exclusive city, barred to all non-pegasi. The elitism that Canterlot tried to cultivate was a mere shadow of the attitude encoded into the pegasi mindset.

One simply 'forgetting' her wings existed? Very improbable.

Therefore, Elegance's conclusion was thus; either Miss Cloudspree was an absolute moron, or she was a bad liar. The young lady visibly relaxed as she put the signed documents into her satchel.

Pegasi. No matter how proud they may be, they were still simpletons.

"Somepony like I does not know, nor really care about the intricacies of...dressmaking," Elegance smiled, trying not to laugh, "But...oh, when somepony regales me with something like that, it is so very difficult not to treat thee with a patronising manner. Forgive me." Did she just say 'thee'? Elegance thought as she wiped her eyes with a napkin. She was enjoying herself. "It's the little details, isn't it? Those small, fine details that trip you up. So...should I get in early, before Equestria realises Miss Cloudspree's hidden talent for needlework and your clothes become the next big 'thing'?"
Back to top Go down
wishberry

wishberry

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:16 am

Cloudspree arched a brow. Thee? I thought that word had died out a long time ago. But, she managed a playful pout and a bit of light laughter; seeing Elegance loosen up was, at the very least, what-- soothing?

"Well," she mumbled, "you can't tell anyone. Actually, I'm not at all sure why I told you in the first place." She let out a long sigh, breath ghosting past the surface of her tea. Cloudspree brought her hooves up to her temples, rubbing them gently.

"I've kept it cooped up inside for a long time. Perhaps I just needed to let it out-- oh, great Celestia, I need to stop this habit of acting on impulse. One of these days my tongue is going to slip and my aunt is never going to let me hear the end of it and my uncle certainly will not let me live this down, I tell you." She laughed at Elegance's remark. "The next big thing? Oh, if only. Currently I've been stuck with designing things for Manehattan ponies, mainly earth ponies. Simple-minded ponies, fortunately. Don't seem to care much about who's making the clothes or where it comes from, though right now that's a good thing, I suppose. But it is rather foolish of me to be selling dresses in the very city that my aunt lives in..." Cloudspree's voice trailed off as she brought her eyes back up to Elegance's face. 

She smiled apologetically. "Sorry. I've gone off and begun rambling again. And it is a rather boring story, I will admit. It's just... well, it's not very satisfying to talk about dresses to mannequins. Very one-sided conversations," she remarked sarcastically. Cloudspree allowed herself a chuckle. Change the subject, she ordered silently, though there was no pony to demand anything from but herself.

She gently fidgeted with the teacup with her hooves, the porcelain pleasantly glazed in pale pink, adorned with delicately-painted flower petals and light lace. "I don't often request help," Cloudspree admitted, "since I'd like to think of myself as a more... independent mare. But I've been having some trouble with my elder brother. Perhaps you would be able to give me some advice?" She took a sip from the teacup, imagining for a second what the art on the cup would look like when shattered on the ground. It'd be just that, Spree. Shattered. "Do forgive me if this is too much a personal request. My brother, he... well, apparently there's a mare in his life, if you know what I mean. And she is... she is not at all pleasant. Of course, there are some more details that I should think it best not to delve into, but being that you have an elder brother as well, do you have any warnings or a bit of helpful guidance?" Spree's smile took on the appearance of slight anxiety. "He's just been so strange and distant lately. I wouldn't suppose that, perhaps, you would know how to handle such a situation?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 6:42 am

Tak went the stirrer against the side of her teacup as Elegance frowned. "Actually, I would pity the mare who takes that sort of interest in my brother. His mind would find it...curious, above all else."

She sighed, and shrugged. Honestly, the issue seemed completely and utterly trivial, blown out of proportion by a mare who thinks she knew more than she actually knew (Which was much more problematic than a mare who talked more than she knew, really).

"I would try the most ancient and noble art of actually talking with your brother about your concerns. If he chooses not to take heed of your words, then that's his problem and you get to say 'I told you so' later. I do not know enough about your brother or this supposed unpleasant mare to give any more detail. Possibly talking to said mare might influence her enough to be pleasant. If there's more at stake than just his happiness, do remind him of that fact though."

And if his heart does get broken, Elegance thought, that will teach him not to be a damned fool next time. She was a full supporter of actually learning from mistakes.
Back to top Go down
wishberry

wishberry

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:02 am

Cloudspree allowed herself to reveal mild amusement. Pity the mare? Surely, now, it couldn't be so bad. She had seen pictures of Intelligence Design-- not at all her type, and Cloudspree had seen more, er, attractive stallions (Spree thought he looked malnourished or something, but that was a bit of an exaggeration), but surely he had some sort of charm, no? Was he really socially inept enough to find a mare's admiration merely curious? Or perhaps he was too arrogant and stuck-up to even consider--

"I would try the most ancient and noble art of actually talking with your brother about your concerns."

Already assuming that Miss Cloudspree is too much of a moron to have already hypothetically tried that in this non-existent, hypothetical situation? Cloudspree mentally sighed, but her lips soon quirked up at Elegance's latter comment.

"I'd love to tell him 'I told you so'," the mare chuckled, sipping her tea, "and, yes, there is... This mare isn't only rather, er, eccentric and spontaneous, for the lack of a better term, but her mother and grandmother seem to despise our family." She brought her hoof to her chin. "Every chance at sabotage, they will seize. It hasn't been too harmful as of yet, but... it is unbecoming of me to say, but honestly, those mares are downright crazy."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:45 am

"Sanity is in short supply these days." That was a safe statement, for it usually was. "But if you are truly threatened by said family, then you now have a pressure point, don't you, in the form of this mare. If you think such a relationship is adversely affecting the security of your family, just think of what it is doing to the other side." Sipping more tea, she held up a hoof. "However, don't ask me more about the rather ignoble activity of inter-family feuds, if you would be so kind. I find the whole game...distasteful, and prefer not to play."

The whole mess was a waste of precious time and resource and all it ensured was letting the scum float to the top. Criticism was perfectly fine. One could go a long way with constructive criticism, but gossip was tedious and eye-rolling and only betrayed a mare that was completely wasting herself. Like this mare in front of her, not only failing, but actively failing at life. When the history of the world was written, only one thing might be listed in the most comprehensive of accounts regarding Miss Cloudspree. That was, of course, this teatime's signing. But her name would be one of many in a small sad footnote, instead of she could have done.

Of course, for Elegance, mortality was for suckers.

"But since this meeting was caused by the return of the Moon Princess, I'm curious to what you think of Princess Luna, considering that you are funding the construction of her first Royal Commission since her return."
Back to top Go down
wishberry

wishberry

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:41 am

"Princess Luna?"

Cloudspree sighed slightly, mulling it over. She used to wonder about the princess, about the vague shape of a mare in the moon, before Twilight Sparkle and her friends had used the Elements of Harmony to restore Nightmare Moon to her previous form. Little Cloudspree would think about how lonely the former princess must have felt, trapped away from all her companions. She must have been broken, felt so betrayed by her own sister. Cloudspree's greatest fear had always been the absence of her older brother-- it still was-- and she could only imagine how the princess must have felt. And then the anger, possibly hatred-- little filly Spree couldn't bear to think of her brother in such a way, but she assumed Luna must have harbored some sort of resentment toward Celestia. But that had all just been meaningless ponder, unanswered questions asked to silent skies.

Now, Luna had returned. Cloudspree had only ever spoken with her once or twice at the royal wedding, and never about such personal matters. The pegasus had thought her to be, of course, a charming mare, but nothing else. She didn't have much of an opinion on the princess.

"She used to interest me as a filly," Cloudspree said, honest for once, "when she had been not Princess Luna, but Nightmare Moon. I would wonder if she felt unhappy in her isolation." She chuckled. "I was a rather imaginative filly... It is nice to see her reunited with Princess Celestia, though I assume they don't have too much time to spend together, seeing as one must guard the day and the other the night. I sometimes wonder if she ever feels pressured, being the younger sibling to a mare that has singlehoofedly ruled Equestria for a thousand years."

It was a rather standard response, but Cloudspree didn't have much to say. "And you, Elegance?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:43 am

Pressure was to be expected if you had a sibling of any talent, Elegance thought, and it was this pressure that made Intel and herself strive above the common masses, urging each other to be better, pushing each other to the absolute limit. Oh how their parents encouraged this rivalry, doting on whomever was striving at the time, always upping the ante, and oh how they embraced the thrill of the competition. If Elegance had Celestia herself as a sister, she wouldn't think twice about trying to outdo the goddess.

"Unlike yourself, I harboured no interest in the Mare in the Moon before her return," Elegance stated plainly, "The old mare's tale was a little too fanciful for my liking, glamourising our faults as a species. Not my taste at all. Nightmare Moon was a bit frightening, but she didn't really inspire much more emotion than fear. Princess Luna, on the other hoof..." She paused to think. "Most ponies would not immediately try to resume their duties after a thousand years on the moon. Many would disappear into insignifigance soon after. Princess Luna did not. That is why I designed the Midnight Palace for her."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."   "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..." I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a mare of wealth and taste..."
Page 1 of 1