My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the art of the book

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Quill Tip

Quill Tip

the art of the book Empty
PostSubject: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Quill Tip stood before the hallowed out tree that served as ponyvilles library. Walking up to the front door, he quickly turned the knob, and went inside.

"Hello?" Quill asked "is anypony here?" No answer. But the door was unlocked, so he might as well stay. Quill saw a writing desk pushed into a corner of the open room. He took his quill and scroll from underneath his wing, and set them on the desk. He then found a couple of books, and laid them beside his scroll.

"Alright, time to work my magic." Quill said enthusiastically. He opened the top book, took the quill in his mouth, and began to write.
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Today was an odd day for Silver Merlot. He normally wasn't in Ponyville, and he never visited the library when he was in town. When ever anypony asked him his opinion on books he would state that they are pretty useless, and that the best use for them was for starting a fire.

As Silver entered into the building he wondered to himself why he was here again. It took him a couple of moments to remember that he was coming here to get a present for his cousin. Not that he liked her or anything, but he thought it was a good idea to be friendly with her just for the sake of getting to her money.

Silver had noticed the Pegasus writing. "Why hello good sir!" Exclaimed Silver bombastically. He did not realize that one was supposed to be quiet in a library, but that didn't stop him from yelling. "Do you have any books for a dumb broad?! Not me of course, but my idiot of a cousin!" Silver smirked at the writer after he had finished speaking.
Back to top Go down
Quill Tip

Quill Tip

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Quill jumped at the sudden noise and spun around, expecting some sort of attack. Instead he saw a lone pony smirking like he had told the greatest joke in the world.

"Oh hello," Quill said slightly annoyed that his concentration had been interupted "I'm not sure what to recomend, what kind of books is this "dumb broad" into? Can you please keep it down, this is a library after all."
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:44 pm

"My apologies good sir." Said silver as he continued to smirk at the pegasus. "I'll stay quiet. Now onto the important matter. My cousin is a rich broad, and I'm trying to gain favor with her so I can get some of her money. She doesn't need it, but I do. Can you good sir recommend me a book that is fancy? She likes those kinds of things."

Silver had felt repulsed by being in a library. He hoped that getting a book checked out was going to be a quick process.
Back to top Go down
Quill Tip

Quill Tip

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:53 pm

"A fancy book? Hmm that's a pretty broad topic." Quill said thoughtfuly. "I'd recomend The Great Gatspony if she likes the classics." Quill hoped that this pony would leave soon, so he could continue his work.
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:22 am

Silver looked at Quill Tip with confusion "Depends is the book itself fancy? I am not a foal you know. Haven't you ever heard of the saying : Judge a book by its cover? I don't call myself a self proclaimed genius for nothing." As soon as Silver was done speaking another thing came to his mind. "Oh my mistake I forgot to introduce myself. I am Silver Merlot. What is your name good sir?" Silver smirked at Quill Tip once again.
Back to top Go down
Quill Tip

Quill Tip

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:39 am

"It's nice to meet you Silver Merlot, my name is Quill Tip." Quill said "The look of the book itself isn't very fancy, but if you only want a book based on looks, the n I can recomend the Golden Carridge or something like that."
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:10 pm

"Now you see that is what I like to hear. Now tell me Quill how much would I have to pay you, in order to obtain said book? Also before I pay can I actually see the book itself?" Said Silver in a happier tone. One thing Silver never did learn however was that books in a library were meant for being borrowed not purchased.
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:34 pm

There was a quick knock on the door followed by a small squeak by the hinges as the front door was opened and a golden pegasus poked his head through.

"Er..Hello? I'd like to return the books I borro- Oh hi there!" Golden began surprised by the two stealthy ponies in the library. Golden's cheeks started to warm slightly as realized he had interrupted a decent conversation between two strangers.

"Umm... Don't mind me, I'm just returning these books" Golden said as he began to unpack a few books from his saddle bag and placing them on a counter in the center of the library. Hopefully the librarian would find the books and return them to their original place.
Back to top Go down
Quill Tip

Quill Tip

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Quill was about to answer Silver when he heard a knock in the door, and saw a pegasus poking his head through the door

"Er...hello? I'd like to return the books I borro- oh hi there!" The pony said "dont mind me, i'm just here returning these books." As the newcomer laid the books in the middle of the library and beganthe to leave Quill asked

"Wait! Whats your name, i don't think i've seen you around here before."
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:50 pm

"Wait! Whats your name, i don't think i've seen you around here before."

Golden Placed the last of his books on the counter before turning around to face the other pegasus, with a small smile on his face.

"Golden Bolt. But you can call me Golden, or Bolt. Which ever you prefer." Golden smiled at the orange pony. "And you are? If I may ask that is." Golden asked while he walked towards the two ponies.
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:50 pm

The entrance of Golden in this library was bothering for Silver. Just the fact that his eyes were different colors bothered Silver, and not to mention that his name had the word 'Golden' in it. This was enough for Silver to dislike somepony who hadn't even said a word to him. Silver gave a scowl to Golden.

He then turned to Quill with the same smirk he had before. "Well Mr.Quill Tip I'd appreciate it if you focused on I! And not this 'Boo-ker'. For he is not nearly as valuable as I." Silver let out a laugh after he was done speaking.

Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:00 pm

"Well Mr.Quill Tip I'd appreciate it if you focused on I! And not this 'Boo-ker'. For he is not nearly as valuable as I."

Golden was slightly taken aback by the sudden snide comment. But decided that leaving it be would be a much simpler and easier choice. Having an argument with such a self absorbed pony would only succeeded in Golden filling the library with hot air.

"I'm sorry if I have offended you, may I too ask what your name is?" Golden bit down on his tongue in an effort to keep any sarcastic words from slipping out, before smiling at the two ponies that stood in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Quill Tip

Quill Tip

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:08 am

Quill looked at Bolt Thunder, then at Silver.

"Now Silver Merlot, there's no need to be rude, all Bolt Thunder here wants to do is return some books. But if your book is that important to you." Quill went to the G section of the library, finding the Golden Carriage, he brought it back to Silver. On the cover was a beutifull solid gold carrage, sparkling in the sunlight, while two servant ponies washed it.
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Silver looked at the book for a moment, and had second thoughts about it. "Actually do you have any books on wine? I just realized that she loves wine, and what not. She would much prefer that over a book such as this. I appreciate your helping though."

After he was done speaking to Quill Tip he turned to Golden Bolt and spoke "I am Silver Merlot, and I am going to become very rich soon." He flashed a smile at Golden, and looked unintentionally insincere.
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Golden laughed nervously, before trying smile back.

"Nice to meet you Silver. May I ask how it is you plan on getting rich so quickly?

Golden again bit his tongue in an attempt to stop himself from saying anything sarcastic. Silver was making it too easy to mock him. But Golden was in no mood to make an enemy. He is a friendly pony after all and what good would come from insulting a pony who was the same colour as dirt, he was proberbly dirt cheep at the brothel he calls a home...

Oh dear... Thought Golden. He's done me no wrong. I really need to calm down.
Back to top Go down
Quill Tip

Quill Tip

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:50 pm

"Hmmm, I'm not sure if there are wine books." Quill said. "Let me go check." Quill went to the W section of the library which was on the second floor, up a beutifully crafted starecase.

"All I wanted was a chance to write," Quill though, walking up the stares, still annoyed that he had been interupted. "Hopefully there will be a book he likes so he can leave and I can get back to work."
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Silver was starting to get bothered by this pegasus who wished to know how he would be getting his fortune. "Well..." Said Silver annoyed, but still smiling insincerely at Golden. "I am going to get on my dumb broad of a cousin's good side by giving her gifts. So when I need to borrow money she'll let me because I am nice to her. Isn't that a brilliant plan? No?" Silver let out a loud laugh after he was done speaking.
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:25 pm

"Well..." Said Silver annoyed, but still smiling insincerely at Golden. "I am going to get on my dumb broad of a cousin's good side by giving her gifts. So when I need to borrow money she'll let me because I am nice to her. Isn't that a brilliant plan? No?"

It was right after the laugh that Golden felt truly disgusted by this pony. Not only was he using someone to get to their money, but he was doing to family too. A great amount of trust goes between families. Golden knew this all to well, we was after all trained to be a weather pegasus by his father.

"Actually, its not."

Said Golden rather flatly, taking a deep breath before continuing, looking silver directly in the eyes.

"I think its disgusting that you would use another pony for their hard earned money, I find it equally disgusting that you would insult your own family as such too. Whether or not they may be a bit slow you still owe them the due respect they deserve.

Golden took another breath, he could feel how his heart was starting to beat faster and faster.

"And most of all the fact they you need to swindle money out of your own family just proves how much of a failure you are at life!

Golden recoiled after his last statement, he wasn't meant to say that. It just slipped out. Golden immediately regretted saying such a petty thing to the earth pony.

"I'm...I'm sorry.

Golden stuttered.

"It just slipped out."
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:22 am

As soon as Golden was done speaking, Silver felt like he wanted to hit something, or somepony. Still he kept smiling at Golden. "You foal," said Silver "you're just jealous, that I SHALL be richer than you. But to justify my reasons for profiteering off this broad. She has so much money, and did not earn a single bit of it. I on the other hand deserve said money. So I'll just a take a little by being nice to her. You know how it is."

Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:17 pm

"you're just jealous, that I SHALL be richer than you. But to justify my reasons for profiteering off this broad. She has so much money, and did not earn a single bit of it. I on the other hand deserve said money. So I'll just a take a little by being nice to her. You know how it is."

The smile that Silver was constantly wearing was beginning to unnerve Golden, it was like the smile was a challenge being issued, but a warning at the same time. Golden bit the bullet, he might come out of this black and blue, but he had to voice his disgust.

"I don't."

Spat Golden as his eyes narrowed.

"You see, I've always worked for my money. Traveling across the entire of Equestria so that a rain storm can happen over the right place. True I might not have as much money as other ponies, but at least I don't have to bribe my way into getting it. I have a job and I work hard, just like all the other ponies of Equestria! You're probably just some brat whose always had his family paying his bills for him and as soon as they stop, you don't know what to do. So you just look for the next pony in line who has money. You butter them up and take their money and as soon as they run out, you'll just leave them on the street... Get a job! Work hard! Be responsible! and stop being such a foa-"

It was at that moment, that Golden felt something heavy hit his jaw. He wasn't to sure what it was, but it made him stumble back a few paces.

Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:47 pm

A large book was tossed at bolt. It was at this point that Silver could no longer take what the pegasus had to say. "There!" Exclaimed Silver after tossing the book. "You know how much energy I had to use, just to throw that thing?" Silver laughed once he finished speaking, unfortunately for him though he was likely going to get in a tussle with his new adversary.
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:33 pm

"You know how much energy I had to use, just to throw that thing?"

"Pff..."

Hissed Golden as he rubbed his muzzle gingerly, the pony's laugh only made the situation worse... For him more than Golden.

"You throw like a little filly." Began Golden as he slowly reached for a thick book on a nearby shelf. "This is how you put energy into a throw." and with that Golden grabbed the book and thew it at Silver. He turned and grabbed another flinging it in the same direction and another after that. "There! Enough reading for your small mind to keep you occupied for your entire sorry life!" Spat Golden as he stood tall, his wings beginning to unfurl ever so slightly.

Oh Celestia... I think I went a bit overboard... Thought Golden.
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Silver was getting angry. Especially because he was told to read, but he decided to allow his talent go to work instead. "You're going to like this you uh.... um." Silver thought for a moment on what to call his foe. "... Well you'll be getting it soon."

After he finished speaking Silver took out a small flask full of a strange liquid. He downed the drink within a few seconds, and was immediately intoxicated. He stumbled his way to golden and exclaimed "I'm going to SKIN you into boots! YOU GOLDEN BOOKER!" Silver tripped on the ground, but got up. He was ready to do something rude to Golden he just didn't know what.

Last edited by theLars on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quill Tip

Quill Tip

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Quill was looking through the W section, trying to find anything that remotely resembled a wine book. Suddenly he heard a thumping noise on the floor below him, followed by more thumping noises and what sounded like Silver shouting.

"What are those ponies up to?" Quill thought to himself. "They better not be ruining the library, who knows what the librarian will think." He decided to go and check out what was going on, the book would still be there if everything was all right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the art of the book   the art of the book I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the art of the book
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next