My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'Spending' his recent earnings

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

'Spending' his recent earnings Empty
PostSubject: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 am

Blackjack may have been a game for fools, but it was a low key game for fools. That's how Silver liked it.

A few chips were taken away before him as he lost another game. He waved a hoof dismissively at the dealer as the left his sight. They were bits he had little care for. Money was not why he was here. Many had asked before, and those he gave a response to would only get a simple 'I don't care to make you understand.'

He placed a few more chips down, no more than usual, before sipping his whisky. The bartender was kind enough to leave him the bottle at the table with a glass. His visits were only every so often here, but they were constant among his travels to and fro other small town. He liked to keep his presence low key, unlike he would have in his younger years. There was always the chance he would run into a pony that knew him from the days he had a wanted poster. That was almost 20 years ago.

For now, he simply sat and played, drinking his whiskey and tapping his spurred hind legs every now and then. The poker table was unfortunately empty, as he sometimes felt a chance to try his wits in a more competitive game.
Back to top Go down
Bounty

Bounty

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:18 am

Light leaked in from outside as Bounty pushed the swinging doors open, causing a loud creak to fill the room. Though there were loud talking and the banging of plates and glasses throughout the room, it was unlikely anyone noticed at all. Bounty walked with a prideful trot to his low set seat and posted himself up on it. It had been a long time sense he had been to Appaloosa and it was nice to see home again after so long. In many ways it hadn't changed at all, maybe it has just gotten more peaceful? All Bounty knew is this wine was good as he drink some of it. He looked around the bar, habit of his. He wasn't proud at checking out what others were doing, but he couldn't help it sometimes.

He saw a few colts were playing a few hands, he hadn't played a game in a good while. He stood up and trotted over there. One colt on the other side of the table saw him with a look that asked what he wanted. Bounty makes a head gesture to the card table, making the colt smile and nod. He took the seat next to the pony with the silver spur cutiemark. Bounty thought made the colt's name could be Silverspur or some Appaloosain sounding at least. The dealer threw out some cards to the ponies. He nods a hello to Silver and peeks at his own hand. Bounty wasn't looking to bad of a start, but it wasn't a good chance he would win yet. He would have to play smart if he wanted to. Then again he didn't really care if he won. wasn't like he needed bits where he planned on going.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:06 am

Silver looked up the moment he saw the glimmer of light change from the entrance of another pony. He always sat near the corner in the back where he could watch every pony come in and out.

Seeing the new pony come in got his attention a little. He was not an 'ordinary' pony. He was a pony to keep an eye on, but likely nothing for him to worry about. That changed quickly though when said pony sat down right next to him, despite most the other vacant seats around the table.

He hardly even gave the pony a nod when he greeted him. He kept a rather calm composure and kept his eyes on the center of the table, but a few scanerios were already going through his head if this was a pony that might have 'other' business with him.

Back to top Go down
Bounty

Bounty

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:28 am

Bounty in fact did have 'other' business with this colt. He had followed a few rumors and leads to find this colt. He tracked him down to this very bar and was watching him as he entered the bar. Bounty thought it best to sit close to him. Also he did want to play a hand of cards as well, and it wasn't like this colt was gonna get away anyhow.

He checks his cards to see he has one Ace of Spades and a ten of spades. Not the worst hand to ever have, but it had risks to it. He looked to see the dealer had a ace face up.

"Hit me." The dealer drops the card and it is revealed as a eight.

"Stand."

Last edited by Bounty on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:08 am

Silver put in his chips for the next round, betting a bit more than he normally did. The dealer had a two showing. He checked the cars he got moments later, not letting anypony catch a hint of a reaction to what he had. He was first to go and tapped a hoof on the table, giving him card down and a seven showing. He tapped a hoof on the counter moments later to get another card. A nine.

Satisfied, he waved his hoof and kept staring at the center of the table, idly waiting for the other pony to go.

(playing black jack, not five card draw)
Back to top Go down
Bounty

Bounty

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:28 am

Bounty waved some smoke out of his face as he looked down at his hand. It was a queen and seven, with was a grand total of seventeen. Which wasn't to bad at all in fact. Bounty slides the cards under his bits, showing he has ended his turn.

Last edited by Bounty on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:15 pm

With both Bounty and Silver now finished, the dealer flipped his face down card, revealing a 9 along with the already face up 2. He flipped the next card over. A 7.

The dealer gave Silver his chips and too away Bounty's before taking all the cards.

Silver took his chips, leaving half of them there to pay for the next buy in. He glanced at Bounty, taking a chance to try and read him and figure what he was really here for.
Back to top Go down
Bounty

Bounty

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Bounty was little upset, he tried not to show it, but if you were specifically looking at him it would be there. He seem to relax as the next round was played. Another chance to read the colt next to him. He could tell he wasn't a talker, the lines on his face weren't that long, bet the colt barely even yawns. Bounty noticed he was giving glances at him, trying to read his moves? Was this about cards or did he know why Bounty was here looking for him? If he did know his real intentions he would of done something by now. Bounty looked to the bottle next to the colt. It was some hard stuff and the whole things was just left there, which means he has to be the bartender's good side. The barkeep doesn't trust ponies he doesn't know if there gonna pay or not. He either has been vouched for or is a regular here.

Bounty knew this had to be the colt he was looking for, but he needed a better plan to deal with this colt. Bounty was a front when need be, but this kinda thing takes a little shall we say...finesse?

Bounty puts a fair amount of bits on the table and waited for the dealer.
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:39 pm

The dealer yawned and dealt. A Jack of clubs showed up as his face up card and passed out a Jack of spades and hearts to Silver and a 2 of hearts and diamonds to Bounty.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Silver did not even blink as the cards showed up. He simply pushed the two cards apart and placed another equal bet on the other card. "Split." He said.

He did not look Bounty's way, but at this rate, he was really wanting to finish up this game sometime. Usually he never left the table until all his chips were gone or he had too many to carry. The former happened most often.
Back to top Go down
Bounty

Bounty

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:50 pm

If bounty had better cards he mite of split, but he needed the add on of cards, his total was four. He knew the best course of action.

"Hit me."
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:56 pm

The dealer drew two more cards for Silver, adding a 2 of clubs to one jack and a 5 of diamonds on the other. When the two ponies weren't looking he sneaked a drink from a flask under the table and tossed an Ace of diamonds to Bounty's hand.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:01 am

Silver shuffled his hind hoof a bit, making his spurs ring. He was not too pleased with the result of his split, but he did not care to much. He waved to say on his 15, and tapped a hoof on his 12.
Back to top Go down
Bounty

Bounty

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:03 am

Bounty took at the card almost instantly and in the same thought said, "Hit me." He was a great place to get a high number now.
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:09 am

The dealer rested his head on a hoof, beginning to get bored. He tossed a card over to Silver, and quickly took it back and tossed it over his shoulder after seeing it was a joker and replaced it with a 3, leaving him with two hands of 15.

He tossed a 3 at Bounty, leaving him with 18 or 6.

Last edited by Indigo Surprise on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:12 am

Silver looked to what the dealer had and back to his cards. He already knew he was screwed. He waved a hoof to stay and waited to see what the dealer would turn out to have.
Back to top Go down
Bounty

Bounty

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 am

Bounty had a little smile as he said, "Hit me."
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:36 am

The dealer plopped down a 3 of spades, bringing the count to 21. The dealer then overturned his card and revealed it to be a joker as well, that he quickly discarded and replaced with a 3 of clubs and a 10 of clubs. He doubles the chips on both hands and retakes the cards to shuffle.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:45 am

Silver took his chips for one of his biggest wins for the day. This was one of those rare days where he had some decent winnings for once.

Eager to leave, Silver pushed all his chips forward. "I'm going to cash out." He said. He was tense for a moment, knowing that if that pony next to him had any business with him, it would be now.
Back to top Go down
Bounty

Bounty

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:48 am

Bounty turns to you with a determined look. This colt was gonna cash out? Well it did make sense, he won a good amount of bits. Bounty stood up and tried on a smile, see how it fit. "You bested me at a game I thought I had all wrapped up like winter, how about you let me buy you a drink? So we can express the sports-colt way." He had a tiny accent, but it seemed to be very formal, very unfitting to what he looked like. Perhaps his voice had been made more Canterlot like in his stay there?
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:50 am

the dealer brought his hooves up to rest on the table, pulled his hat over his eyes, and proceeded to nap.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:53 am

Bounty's accent only made him more wary of him. A high profile pony in this small town. A pony that was giving him attention. It did not bode well for Silver.

"Pass." He said, and collected his bits into his coin purse before getting up and maneuvering around Bounty with caution.
Back to top Go down
Bounty

Bounty

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:57 am

Bounty caught his shoulder to stop him. This colt really seem to not want to stay around, perhaps he caught on to Bounty and wanted to keep him out of it? "Please?" He asked as nicely as he could.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:09 am

Silver reacted quickly to the grab of his shoulder and spun around quickly with his wings flared out. It was narrow quarters, but not narrow enough that he couldn't use his wings. With is wings he could assist himself in quick little darts like he just did to turn around. He took a few steps back, heading for the door.

"No." He said with more force. Now he knew he needed to get out of here, and he would be gone soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Bounty

Bounty

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:18 am

Bounty couldn't believe this colt was trying to get away from him. He was down right rude and pretty paranoid about Bounty. He must of spooked him with his talking, for some reason Bounty had the affect on others. Mite be a combo Appaloosa rightness and refined Canterlot charm, they must n ot go well together. "Well sense we seem to be at a in pass, I suppose I should get to the real reason a I am here then. He stands a little straighter and walks at you at a steady pace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Spending' his recent earnings   'Spending' his recent earnings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Spending' his recent earnings
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next