My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Timeline or recent events and action.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Timeline or recent events and action. Empty
PostSubject: Timeline or recent events and action.   Timeline or recent events and action. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 1:48 am

The following is a basic timeline of the events that have occured from the conception of the 'new' forum header to now based on collected information among ourselves and the members.

Roughly a week ago, 1nc hosted a stream drawing ponies based on a game that he and I play together (World of Tanks). Eventually, the art piece under work during the stream became populated with other ponies (admin OCs) and the idea was that it would be a good header. After a few sessions it was done.

The header was then posted up along with a change in color scheme. Members freely offered their criticism in number. Discussion grew and it migrated to the chat room. The chat room got heated and went south.

Brawny Hooves and Weedo the Great voiced the more noticeable of reactions. While I will not get into the meat of the conversation that happen in chat as it can be interpreted in multiple ways, things simply got emotional.

Durring this at one point the chat box was shut down for several hours to prevent any more emotionally driven responses and let everyone have a chance to cool off. It was at this time we suffered a very strange bug. Members were randomly banned for a few minutes at random. We checked our security logs to make sure that none of our staff were responsible and did intentional ban tests to make sure it was working. It was. The bug that banned members randomly happen to ban Weedo The Great for a short time and interpretations were not in our favor. Here is the proof of the random ban bug that several other forums have suffered from. http://help.forumotion.com/t107707-random-users-banned

Brawny hooves eventually came to apologize for what happened. Records of this can be found in the announcements.

Weedo the Great, by contrast, continued to assert on and off the forum that 1nc had sent emails to him threatening him and to 'reveal his girlfriends home address'. After much questioning, he said this information was provided by someone else.

After more questioning, he said that this information was actually false and proved 1nc's innocence. More questioning and he changed to say it was actually all fake. As more time went by he stated that it was the member Comical that falsified the email that was sent to him. A talk with Comical revealed that he was unaware of such emails at all.

Talking to other members in contact with him, one provided a conversation where Weedo claimed that 1nc was threatening to reveal the address of the member in question if Weedo did not leave the forum.

In no case did Weedo provide any proof of any of these being true.

It was at this point the admins could not wait for the situation to calm down and took action to bring things to a close. A vote was made and it was unanimously voted to have him permanently banned immediately from the forum.

These are all events which have transpired so far. Explanations in detail may be met with questions as it is a lot to cover at once. Chat logs of some of these conversations are also available.

Last edited by Korenav on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Timeline or recent events and action. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline or recent events and action.   Timeline or recent events and action. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:26 pm

To help clarify some of the convos that happened, I will share them here.

http://pastebin.com/y2iCFgHu

http://pastebin.com/MfPMGEFW

This next one was between another member and Weedo who is not being named for their sake at this time.

http://pastebin.com/siqf4Hze

I also have a partial convo copy shifting the email blame onto yet another member of the forum but it is incomplete and not very usable in its current state. If i get a copy of it that is workable then i will share it but otherwise not good enough to submit.
Back to top Go down

Timeline or recent events and action.
Page 1 of 1