My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quest for a Crown

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:52 am

Stretching her sore and over worked back muscles, Masq adjusted the measuring tape around her neck as she pushed a stray lock of mane out of her eyes with a sigh. Today had been pretty uneventful like usual, and she had gotten an order recently for "the best mermaid gown in the universe!". Since she had some spare time on her hooves, she decided to get to work on it. After all, it was never good to keep customers waiting.

Returning to her work, she pressed down on the hoof pedal and relaxed as the needle of the sewing machine tapped out a consistent, predictable clacking rhythm, sewing the sides of the dress together as it moved. Stopping it, she flicked the machine into reverse and backtracked a little to close the stitch before removing it from the machine, beginning to hoof-stitch the various embroidered details.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:25 am

Silent Star was walking down the main street of Canterlot. She normally would not do this alone but her Shadow was busy and she was eager to visit the store called "Fancy That!" that her sister told her about. She entered the store trying to avoid eye contact with any strangers that might pop up, as she carefully analyzing the various costumes, the looking for a crown for her princess costume that she had been working on. "Where is it?, it must be here somewhere..." She said to herself in a normally barely audible voice (it could probably be heard in a place this quite) as she looked through the costumes. 
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:37 am

Ears pricking at the suddenly loud sound of the familiar tinkle of the bell, Masq cursed as she pricked her hoof with the needle, slightly startled by the unexpected ringing. Setting her costume to the side, she rubbed the injured hoof on a nearby napkin, standing and dusting any stray strands of string off of herself before moving towards the door that was marked "Employees Only", pushing it open and entering her shop.

Glancing around for the pony whom had created the sound that split the silence, she surveyed her store and saw nothing out of place for a couple of seconds before she found, in the very corner, a couple of hangers to be shaking and the murmuring of a small voice reached her soon after. Trotting over, Masquerade found herself met with a small bat-filly whom was intent on searching for something. "Can I help you?" she asked blatantly, straightening a couple of now ruffled costumes.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:48 am

Silent was startled by the sudden voice and let out a small. "Eeep!" She turned around, and looked at the mare with a apologetic expression. "I-I'm sorry I was j-just looking for a crown for a princess costume that I have been working on" She said hoping she did not offend the mare in front of her.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:09 am

Masquerade let out a snort when Silent squealed, tempted to roll her eyes. Every time... What do they expect, for me to ignore them? "Of course. Follow me." she said simply, gesturing with a hoof as she trotted over to the display rack that was near the back of the store. On it was a tasteful arrange of colour-coded objects to suit your every need - pirate swords, eye patches, fake guns, toy whips, hats, the list went on. Reaching for an object that was hanging at the top, Masquerade paused. "Any colour?"
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:15 am

"Silver with dark blue gems" She looked at the costumes with aw "Wow, where did you get all of these cool costumes?" She asked while admiring the great selection of objects.

Last edited by Weedo The Great on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:20 am

With a sigh, Masquerade shook her head. "You people always ask for what I don't have." she frowned, pulling off a silver crown with white gems inset in the sides. She examined it for a minute, turning it in her hooves to make sure it hadn't earned any chips from rough-handling by her customers or just age. She nodded with approval, beginning to walk away. "I make all of them myself. Just like I'll have to edit this crown for you." she stated in a resigned tone, walking off to the door she had previously come out of. "You coming?"

Last edited by MiniKirby123 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:26 am

"Sorry" She then followed the mare curiously looking at the costumes. "You make them all by yourself?, the things I make never turn out this good" she said in an admiring tone.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:31 am

Masquerade rolled her eyes. "Well, for starters it is my special talent." she said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, holding the door open for the filly and letting it swing shut behind her. "Secondly, I have experience." she continued, moving to the table where she worked and taking a seat on the chair, wheeling it closer to the table. Pulling out a magnifying eyepiece, she put it on and got her tweezers, prying out the residing gems and placing them in the tin where she kept all the others of the same colour. Swiveling on her seat, she took down the jar of navy rhinestones from the looming wall of supplies behind her, placing a dab of glue on each and inserting them into the gaps left behind. Removing the eyepiece, she picked up the crown after a couple of seconds and handed it to the filly, brushing off her hooves.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:41 am

Strangely Silent did not feel as shy near this mare. She did not know if it was because of her honesty or the fact that she did not stare at her or a mix of both. "I hope I can learn how to be as good as you at some point" She said as she picked up the crown. "This is just what I was looking for" She said as she put it on just to try it out. "How many bits is this?" Silent asked as she pulled out a small wallet.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:50 am

Masquerade sighed, rubbing her hooves a little. "It's not really that hard, just takes some perseverance." she explained, glancing back at her table absentmindedly to make sure everything was in order. "Oh, you can take it for free. It's only such a small item." she said, waving her hoof to dismiss the topic before shooing the filly out the door and back into the main area of the store. "Employees only remember?" she asked, her eyes as expressionless as usual.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:02 am

"It's free?, thanks" She said before nodding in responds to the mare's request and going back into the main area. "I will defiantly come back here" She said to herself before she got wide eyes and a small smile. She walked over to the mare and barely mustered up the courage to ask "Um excuse me, but can you teach me how to make costumes like you do?, I will bring my own materials" She said with a begging tone.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:58 am

Masquerade froze in place, the shock that was filling her inside not even changing her facial expression in the slightest. Turning, she studied the filly before her with a penetrating stare, her blue eyes taking in the frightened, nervous posture and the pleading, sincere eyes. After a couple of seconds, she nodded, and her eyes gave the tiniest flicker of happiness before it vanished just as quickly as it came. "If you really want it that badly... But shouldn't you ask your guardian first?" she asked, adjusting a coat-hanger.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:55 am

Silent Star's was glad that she would help teach her how to make her costumes better."Yes that would probably good idea, and thanks I will be back in a bit" She said with a small smile as she left the store still wearing her crown and went home to her sister to ask for permission.

(I will ask Shadow what she would do ^.^)
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:00 am

When Silent got home she asked her sister Shadowfax if she could spend more time at the store and she responded. "Sure Star, have fun and be safe and try to make some friends while you're out" Silent hugged her sister in responds and brought her items to the store, she even brought the dress she was working on. She entered the store making sure not to make too much noise. (which she was pretty darn good at) "Hello?, I'm back and I got permission from my sister"  She said as she was looking for the shopkeeper.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:35 am

While the bat-filly was gone, Masquerade had headed back to her workroom and finished embroidering the detail on the chest area, now just pulling out some glittered, metallic string and beginning to sew the scales. It was pretty easy going, and when the bell tinkled again, she headed out at the sound of her previous customer, the dress still draped on her hoof with the needle tucked neatly into the fabric.

"Ah. You're back. Well, I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Masquerade. How about you?" she asked, eyes still focused on examining the previous stitches she had sewed to make sure it looked alright. Glancing up at the little filly, she felt something bubble a little inside her. This little filly... She had really seemed to enjoy the things she made. Most ponies would just come and buy what they needed and be on their way, but... She was different, a fresh change.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:01 am

"My name is Silent Star" She put down her saddle bag and pulled out the dress she had been making. "I made this one all by myself, what do you think?" The dress was actually rather decent. it was a dark blue dress made from pretty good quality fabric. It showed signs of being remade at least a couple of times but that was to be expected and it matched with the silver crown fairly well. Silent was  trying not to make eye contact and prepared herself to hear how bad the dress looked (even if it was not as bad as she thinks).
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:11 am

Masquerade nodded, unpicking a little stitching and sewing it back properly before holding the mermaid dress about a hoofs-length away to see if it looked decent. Her blue eyes widened just a tad as Silent held up the dress. "Huh. You were serious after all." she said, taking the dress in her hooves and feeling the fabric before examining the seams and various designs and such, turning it and pulling gently at the occasional spot. After a couple of minutes, she walked over to Silent and pointed out a little spot on the dress. "The stitching could be strengthened here. But other then that... It's pretty good. First dress?" she asked, eyebrow raised.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:42 am

Silent's eyes grew wide. "Y-you like this?" She said with a small smile surprised that Masquerade liked her dress. "And yes it's the first dress I have made, but I have made a cowfilly hat before and I also made a lot of clothes for my dolls " Silent said before she looked at her dress again. "I do hope I can make the dress pretty, even though I probably won't use it..." She said with a sigh as she looked at what Masquerade was making. "What are you making?"
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:01 am

"Yea." she said, but no smile was present on her face to match her words. She handed the dress back and placed a hoof to her chin. "It should be easy with the right accent stitches in the right colours and the occasional rhinestone." she said thoughtfully, mentally picturing how it would look with everything she imagined to be in place. "It's just something a customer requested - a mermaid gown." she explained, holding it out and allowing the now shimmering, half-completed scales to drape to the ground gently.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:16 am

"It's pretty, looks just like the ones in the stories" Silent said fairly impressed with the costume. "Do you have a spare table that I can work on?" She asked in her usual shy tone.

(Sorry for  the short post :P)
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:18 am

"Of course." the mare said, glancing around and trotting into the storage room, returning with a table in tow. Setting it down, she went back and got two chairs before taking a seat on one and gesturing to the other, proceeding to return to her work with the metallic string and scale work. "If you need anything just ask."
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 am

"I think I have everything thanks" She said as she put her stuff on the table and got to work. She started off by fixing the weak stitching, and then she reached into her rhinestone bag and carefully attached most of them until..."Av!" Silent pricked her hoof with the needle and reached into her back for a small bandage. "I hate when that happens" She said as she covered her hoof with the bandage failing to hold back a few tears as she is still just a filly.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:44 am

Masquerade glanced up from her work every now and again, checking on the progress of Silent and also making sure she wasn't accidentally sewing something off. She was just about to finish the last stitch when she heard a cry of pain and looked up to see Silent wrapping her small hoof in a bandage, tears in her eyes. Biting her bottom lip a bit, Masq stood up and trotted over to the filly. "Here. You're doing it all wrong." she murmured, her eyes softening as she removed the bandage and fixed it up, making it neater and prettier.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:03 am

"Thanks" Silent said as she got back on her chair and finished putting on the rhinestones. "So, do you have any friends?" She asked as she worked on the dress making sure that everything looked as it should. She then pulled out a silver chain and attached some small gem to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quest for a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest for a Crown   Quest for a Crown I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quest for a Crown
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next