My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Library Quest (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
An

Library Quest (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:35 pm

What did she knows about Red Pandas anyway? …Other than the fact those look more like a mix between a raccoon and a cat than like a panda or any kind of bear, of course.
“It climbs in trees, it’s a cute pet, but most of all it is very hard to find when it runs away…” grumpily thought Nova Sharp as she entered the eerily noiseless atmosphere of the Library.

Recently, her neighbour’s daughter, a quiet filly with a passion for exotic animals, lost the little red furry cutie that was her pet. As expected, the father immediately came to see Nova –and not even at the shack she worked so hard to turn into an agency- to ask her for her help finding the runaway pet.
Since she knew nothing about the little critter’s habits, Nova decided to go to the local Library and find some books that could inform her about her recent “prey”, just so the hunt would be easier.

Not knowing where to look, she started to slowly wander between the bookshelves.
Back to top Go down
NightWhisper

NightWhisper

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:19 am

Nightwhisper silently walked along large bookshelves looking constantly up at the books. He fluttered quickly to the air to reach a high shelf, but landed to the ground without a book. How was he going to find one book he did not seem to know where it was? Besides, the library was massive for him.
After what seemed like countless minuets for him, he then sat down near a bookshelf and sighed silently. He was sent to the library to go grab a book for a young filly, but it seemed impossible for him. He got up after catching his breath quickly and wandered through multiple bookshelves. He kept his head up to the books trying to find that one book he needed. He bumped into Nova sharp by accident and stumbled in the process of jumping away quickly, and he fell over, knocking a small pile of books onto himself. Buried under the books, he managed a slight apology, " Im sorry...!"
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:23 am

(For months? I'm at the Tavern, not often here but still not dead... silent )
Back to top Go down
NightWhisper

NightWhisper

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:08 pm

( o.o whoops. I realized the date but i sort of thought you were still here. xD )
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:52 am

(It's ok, I'm still up for this if you want to)

Her gaze was set on high shelves and the books on it as she was trying to find out in which section she was. Was it Botanic? It was hard to read on the old worn out books and most of the exotic names and titles written on them didn’t tell her much. She sadly smirked at herself, thinking about her witchdoctor grandma and how disappointed she’d be in her if she was to hear about Nova’s inability to tell what kind of book she was looking at.
Unexpectedly, something collided into her, not hard enough to send her tumbling away, but sudden enough to startle her and force her to step back. She saw a blurred shape moving quickly to the side and straight for a book pile, and in a second those books were all toppled over whatever hit her. Only when it moved and sent to the floor a volume or two did Nova realised it was another pony. He was dark and looked quite shy and he chose this moment to apologize.
A little taken aback at first, Nova quickly got over the initial surprise and managed:

Uh… oh, er, I am sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going…”

The colt struggled to get out from under the pile and Nova automatically stepped closer to help out push a few off him.

“Is everything alright, sir?” She asked while doing so.
Back to top Go down
NightWhisper

NightWhisper

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:15 pm

The dazed pony looked up at her and got up slowly, knocking off books on top of him.

" Uh, no, im fine, and i was sure i bumped into you so i'm sorry..." he replied with a clumsy tone.

He then gave a small grin and started to pile the toppled books to where they were, his right wing slightly folded incorrectly. He started to think. Where would that book be? Maybe he ought to ask this pony he bumped into by accident. He shook his head. No, this pony would probably not be in the mood. He reconsidered and stayed quiet piling up the books carefully.
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:50 pm

"No need to be sorry, it's all right, and I’m glad you didn’t break anything”

She replied, humouring the other Pegasus a little in hope it will make him more confortable. He did seem pretty introvert and Nova didn’t want to traumatise him or anything with this encounter.

He then started to pick up the books and Nova watched him doing so for a short time, wondering if she did right, before her good manners kicked in. She went to help him pile up the remaining volumes.
While doing so, she noticed his wing was slightly off and she was immediately suspecting he might have kept from her the fact he got injured during the collision. A bit annoyed at the perspective someone would hide such thing from her, stranger or not, she nevertheless politely hid it and addressed the Pegasus:

“Are you sure everything is fine? Do you need help with anything?” She pressed on with such hints.

Back to top Go down
NightWhisper

NightWhisper

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:24 am

He looked up at her.

"No, I am quite fine, thank you.."

He said quite sheepishly.Was it worth it hiding secrets from a kind stranger?If she keeps pressing on, he would have to tell her. It did not really matter much if he told her.

" Have you come across a book on Weather formations by any chance?"

He asked her.
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Alright, so he was fine after all… or simply stubborn or too ashamed to say anything, thought Nova.
But when the Pegasus asked her about a specific book, she realised she was mistaken:

“Oh … A book…” she started to say, both staggered and confused. Though, she quickly processed what was asked and got over the initial shock: “A book, why am-I even surprise: we are in a Library after all…” she smiled: “Sorry, I can’t say I’ve come across this, but then again I’m not even sure which section I just passed… But I can help if you want, you know?”
Back to top Go down
NightWhisper

NightWhisper

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 pm

He struggled to stifle a smile. She did not ask after all.... She was nicer than I expected.He thought to himself.

"Sure, I'd be glad to help you as well, as a thanks. I have been wandering here for what seems like an eternity... "

He looked up at the bookshelves and sighed.

" Well, lets be going on I guess?"

He said shyly giving a somewhat warm smile to her. He started to walk among the bookshelves more carefully. He folded his right wing correctly after a slight stretch.
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:09 pm

It was a pleasant surprise the other Pegasus offered to help back after they were done with the quest for a book on weather. Maybe he wasn’t more of an expert about the Library layout, but help was always welcome in such situations.

“That would be great! After all the more the merrier… and in pair, I doubt we can get more lost than I was myself not too long ago!” She laughed, nodding in agreement to the idea.

She smiled at his own friendly smile and let him lead the way, walking beside him while scanning the shelves with attention. Since he seemed shy and to make sure the silence wouldn’t become awkward, Nova decided to introduce herself:

“I’m Nova Sharp, by the way. I haven’t been around Ponyville for too long, it might explain why I don’t know this place too much…” She said, casting a quick look toward the other.
Back to top Go down
NightWhisper

NightWhisper

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:15 pm

He nodded towards Nova Sharp, and looked at another direction of the bookshelves.

"Nice to meet you. I- Im Nightshade. I haven't been here long either"

He murmured loudly enough. He looked and stopped suddenly nearly tripping himself over. He looked up at the bookshelves and noticed a green book high on the shelves.He quickly fluttered up towards the book and pulled it out reading the label.

"Well, looks like i found my book."

He said to Nova Sharp and quickly dropped to the ground, leveling only near the ground and landed softly.He smiled shyly to her.
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:52 pm

“Nightshade, nice to meet you too.” She repeated so the name would be more easily retained in her memory.

Seeing Nightshade didn’t push on about his origin if he was truly not from Ponyville, Nova didn’t insist so she wouldn’t look suspiciously inquisitive. It was a relief she didn’t have to find another subject to discuss when the other Pegasus suddenly stopped and flew to grab a book on the shelf.

“Wow, that was fast, you’re quite lucky actually.” she exclaimed after letting out an impressed whistle. “So I have to find mine now. I was looking for a book about exotic animals, or one specifically on Red Pandas if there is any…”

She looked at Nightshade, wondering if he really wanted to help her once he was done with finding his book or if he only was too shy to refuse.

“You know, if you have better things to do, you don’t have to go on and find my boring book…” Nova offered just in case.
Back to top Go down
NightWhisper

NightWhisper

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:25 pm

"No, I'd be glad to help you in any way. And i think i did see a book on Red Pandas earlier... Just got to find it."

He said trailing off thinking where he saw it.He stretched a little and followed behind Nova Sharp.
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:37 pm

"Oh well okay, great! It's very nice of you"
Nova said, wandering if she was doing great at socializing after all.

She started walking toward the end of the alley, lost in her thoughts about the possible location of the book when a thought occured to her:

"You think you did? Do you remember where you were at the time? If we know exactly where to look, we could get there flying; it would be faster, obviously..."

She noted just as she saw a little old Pegasus flying slowly above the shelves toward the higher floor of the library.
Back to top Go down
NightWhisper

NightWhisper

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Hmmm.... He thought for a while then turned to Nova sharp barely with an expression.

"No, I dont really remember but i think it is in the back left corner of the library when i saw it."

He said and looked up at the shelves silently. He quickly spread his wings, and in a quick flash he flew ontop of a shelf and landed a bit messily but he regained his balance and folded his wings, waiting for Nova sharp to come as he watched her below
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:14 pm

“Right, let’s check it out then, just in case we find mine as easily as yours. Wouldn’t be your special talent?” she kidded as she watched him spread his wings.
She was a little surprised to see where the Pegasus ended up: did the Earth ponies allowed them to land on their furniture like this? She glanced around: nope, nobody seemed to care or notice so she stretched her own wings and flapped them until she was at Nightshade’s level.

“Lead the way!” She said, grinning.
Back to top Go down
NightWhisper

NightWhisper

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Nightshade enjoyed the company of this friendly Pegasus after staying for so long away from busy cities. It almost seemed like a far memory in the back of his head. He spread his wings again as Nova Sharp hovered near him, asking him to lead the way. He made quick flaps of his night-black wings and flew across the shelves, at each 5 shelves or so, he made long strides on top of the wooden surfaces with a light tap. As he neared his destination he couldn't help but to think in his head....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Library Quest (OPEN)   Library Quest (OPEN) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Library Quest (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1