My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

who cares what i name it!(open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

who cares what i name it!(open) Empty
PostSubject: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:36 pm

gemini starts to walk through the market place, looking for nothing in particular. he got paid the other day, so of course his immediate thought is to spend most of it. stopping to think for a second, he wonders if he should save some bits for something besides a house, but shrugs the thought off and continues to look at the stalls.
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlight

ShadowFlight

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Close to the end of the market, a blanket had been laid neatly on the ground, and careful rows of small creatures, carved from stone and in various poses were lined up. Cats and dogs, ponies and cows, deer and rabbits, foxes and birds, even griffons and dragons. They were in poses varying from curled up in repose, to rampant, rearing stallions and rampant dragons and griffons. None of the little pieces were bigger than a hoof, so would make perfect little gifts, and there were even a couple ballerina ponies for little fillies. Behind the blanket, but before a small, modest sized cart, was a white unicorn mare, a blanket tossed over her back and hindquarters.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:24 pm

gemini spots the blanket of carvings, and walks over to get a better look at them. admiring the shape of them, he starts to look at the ones of dragons and griffons." how long does it take to make one of these?" he asks, curious as to how much hard work goes into each one. looking up at the mare, he smiled politely to her." they look wonderful. i wish my special talent was something as useful."
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlight

ShadowFlight

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:39 pm

She smiled, and said softly "I don't really keep close track of time when I carve them, but the bigger they are, the longer they take. I also make some jewelry, although it is more for pretty than to be beautiful. Agates and pretty pebbles set into copper or brass or other settings. It also depends on how much detail I put into each one." She lifted one small one, a dragon's egg, that was just hatching. Then it set down, and another one rose, this one done in goldstone, with intricate details, every scale and claw defined and detailed closely enough it looked real. "I have been carving since I was a foal. They are for sale, all of them here. All I ask, is that you give me what you think they are worth, and that you can afford."
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:55 pm

gemini sits and thinks for a moment." hmm...i think this is worth say..." he picks up one of a dragon." thirty bits." he answers, saying triple of what he thought it was worth." i really like the look of it. i plan on travelling sometime, so i tend to take an interest in other creatures, and maps, and information about other towns. i think i'll take three of these. these three to be precise." he points to a dragon, a griffon, and a wolf." so, i take it from the cart you travel to other places?"
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlight

ShadowFlight

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:00 am

She blushed, and said "I do travel, yes. I am always looking for more stones to carve, and for more subjects to carve into stones. I have others in the cart, if you wish to look. And the jewelry. Some of the larger pieces as well, if you wish? As long as they are pleasing to you, then I am happy to sell them to you." She shifted a small can with a lid on it out, closer, and said softly "Place the bits you wish to pay for them in the can, and if you wish, I can get some of the bigger pieces out for you to look at." She rose, and he could see, she was pure white, with black, cloven hooves. Otherwise, nary a speck of another color than her dark sapphire blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:20 am

gemini looked at the can." uh....do...do you not have something bigger than that for days you sell a lot?" he asked, putting thirty bits in the can." and sure, i would love to see what other things you have to sell. im love these carvings, and i can't say i have ever had a big fascination for stuff like them before." he goes to do a small, polite bow." im gemini, by the way. it is a pleasure to meet you."
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlight

ShadowFlight

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:33 am

She took hold of the blanket covering her wagon, pulling it to the side, then said "I never expect to sell a lot. I just hope to sell enough to perhaps inspire someone's art, and to get me to the next town. I am Ghost. It is my pleasure to bring joy in the artwork of our world to others." She lifted, carefully, a piece, wrapped in fabric, into the air. The fabric unwound, and revealed a dancing, elegant unicorn. It settled down along the edge of the blanket, revealing it was as big as a large cat. The next one was larger, perhaps the size of a german shepherd, and was a dragon, coiled on it's hoard, done in soft, dark bluish marble. The last of the larger pieces was a pegasus stallion, his hooves touching clouds behind him, leaping in flight. It was perhaps half as tall as she was, and Ghost was relatively tall, and very slender, for a pony. She said quietly "I've been carving and sculpting since I was a filly. The images leap into my mind, and I can't help but try and make them into reality, shaping them out of stones to give those wonderful images a chance to be seen by others. They are all for sale, I have sold some of them to little foals before in trade for a flower necklace. Art is meant to be shared, and I would be remiss in refusing to share it with anypony who wanted to see it."
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:56 am

"hmm....well, i have more bits than that. and im not a jerk who will try to buy them for anything less than what they are worth." gemini starts to look at the statues, clearly struggling to choose between the pegasus and the dragon."i..only have the bits for one, but i don't know which i like more...which one do you think you can get more bits selling to another pony? i'll probably buy the other one, as i don't necessarily want to buy one you can sell to another for a higher price. "
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlight

ShadowFlight

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:13 am

Ghost said softly "I don't set the prices. You can pay me what you can afford that you think it is worth. I sculpt because it is what I am meant to do. If you want them both, take them. I would rather see them go to a home where they will be treasured, than have someone who wanted to give those images a home and could not be left sad because they could not. So take them both. I will sculpt more. All I need are some good stones, and I can carve more. It is what I do." She pushed both statues over to him, clearly willing to give him both for the price of one.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:59 am

Cloud twister landed in the market of ponyville. He had been here several, several tines before, usually to deliver something to somepony. Whenever they ran out of something and needed more fast, he would fly to the rescue. Literally. Someponies really did need to plan ahead more, he wasn't complaining though. As long as these ponies stayed care free he kept his second job.

He pumped his wings, taking off and hovering for a moment before slowly gliding around the area before stoping at a certain cart with a blanket covered in amazingly realistic sculptures. He landed to take a closer look, they were really pretty. He would buy one but he doubted he would he able to afford it, besides his cloud house didn't really have a place for it. "You got anything more cloudy?" he asked. "or maybe something that floats?" he added. That would just be really cool. Of course he had noticed the other conversation going on, he guessed he would just give the pony all that he had on him at the moment if he found something he liked.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:07 am

"hmm. i want to, but i can't. it would feel like taking advantage of your skills. plus, what if another pony comes along who wants one? then i'll have taken both for the price of one, and you will have lost some bits on the deal."gemini says, smiling at the mare and her generosity. then looking back at the stallion who showed up."well, there's this one of a pegasus leaping in flight from some clouds. it looks very impressive, wouldn't you say so?"
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlight

ShadowFlight

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:11 am

Ghost bowed her head, and said "If you are certain, Gemini. If I do not find another pony who wants it, then I will come back and give it to you. So that it has a home where it is treasured. I have a couple eagles in flight, although they are smaller. About cat-sized, if that would suit you, good pony?" She offered this last to the new stallion who had landed there.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:01 am

"Oh, uh. I dunno." he said circling the suggested statues. He liked them, but he couldn't really decide on one. Not to mention he had to get it back home. That was one heck of a flight, so he should probably choose one of the smaller ones. He had to keep his wings fresh for weather duty. Though...when was his next weather duty? He took to the air and hovered above the statues, getting a look from all angles. After all, he would probably see them from this angle a lot.

He looked at them skeptically and circled a few times. "They're all great. Which one would you get?" he said nudging the other pegasus. "and of course-" he said, flying over and landing next to the unicorn. "-what would you suggest for a weather pony from Cloudsdale?"
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:06 am

" i think...i'll take the one of the dragon. it is a bit smaller, and looks very neat. i wonder where i would put it though..." gemini starts to tap a hoof to his chin, thinking of the best place to put it." hmm...anyway, if you live in cloudsdale, wouldn't you have trouble carrying one all the way back there?"
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlight

ShadowFlight

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:25 am

Ghost tilted her head, and asked Cloud Twister "Do you want that one, or would you like one of you? I can sculpt one of you, if you wish, dancing between clouds and lightning. Or I could head to Cloudsdale for my next spot. It will take me a bit to travel in-between, since I forage as I go, but I don't mind that. It would also give me the time to carve the image of you into the stone."
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:49 am

Twister smiled at the other pegasus' question. He clearly didn't know how much Twister flew "Don't worry about it!" he said, his wings flaring out to full reach. Quite large compared to the average pegasus. He then Jumped into the air and proclaimed (while hovering there) "These wings have carried heavier, longer, faster, all at the same time too." his pride at this point was clearly showing

He lowered himself back to the ground and half folded his wings as usually, letting the wingtips drag on the ground. He looked at the unicorn and added "As cool as it is that you would want to do that, I doubt you'd get to Cloudsdale, regular ponies can't stand on clouds." he said with a laugh "Not to mention the whole wings dilemma. I couldn't ask you to do that anyways, I couldn't even pay for something like that." he said, completely ignoring the whole 'as much as you can pay' conversation. He took a bag of bits out from under one of his wings and dropped it in front of the unicorn mare. "Don't suppose you've got anything other than eagles, had a bad experience with a big one once." he added, though he was pretty sure he could see past it he just didn't want to risk being reminded of his run in with that Roc everyday. It was the only time he had ever really been scared for his life, still gave him shivers.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:21 pm

"you know, boosting isn't something to do often." gemini jokes." but i think it's all right to do it every once in a while." he turns to ghost." and he's right, getting to cloudsdale would be near impossible for you. unless your wagon could grow wings and fly there, then you could sell stuff from out the side of it. so...i think i'll take the one of the dragon." gemini puts his remaining bits in the jar." so...bad experience with eagles? i'm kinda curious, but you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlight

ShadowFlight

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Ghost nudged the pegasus sculpture over to him, and said "I don't mind traveling to a point below Cloudsdale. I have other pieces, but not many large ones. I can only pull so much by myself. I would like the chance to do some full sized pieces, but I am afraid those will have to wait until I find their homes before I carve them." She nudged, using her TK, each stallion's purchases over to sit by his forehooves, and asked "Have you seen any spectacularly colored rocks that nobody else has a use for? If you see them, please let me know. I find unusually colored stones to be the best to carve with." Clearly, she was pleased to see her work go to homes where they would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Cloud Twister didn't boast often, but to be fair they had not only brought it up, but also doubted him. Him! Weather pony extraordinaire. He had to make sure they knew that he could handle himself. "Really miss...cart unicorn person, I'll be fine and besides I just gave you all I have on me." he said with a smile. He grabbed the statue with his fore arms and pumped his wings, pushing him into the air a bit, testing how heavy the stone was. He would definitely be able to carry it home. Barring any unexpected incidents of course.

"Well, Um, the eagle incident was how I got this baby." he said, nodding to the tornado on his flank "I was just a small colt and fell from Cloudsdale into Everfree forest, there was some big eagle thing called a Roc and things get messy, its a long story." he said, feigning confidence, though merely remembering the event made him a bit shaky. "Anyways, I'm sure there's some rocks over in some of the ravines by Froggy bottom bog. But the rockiest place around ghastly gorge." he then added quickly "But it's dangerous for a unicorn so you might not want to go there."

Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:23 am

"hmm....i might be able to get some rocks from that place...what do you say, want me to fetch you some rocks?" gemini asks, looking at ghost, then back to cloud." thats...interesting. i ... well, i'd rather not go into my past. lets just say i don't like most of my family alot and leave it at that." gemini lets his curiosity get the better of him and goes to look at ghost mark, but can't see it." uh...w-what is your mark, ghost? do you have one? s-sorry for looking without asking, by the way..." he starts to shuffle nervously at his being rude for not asking.
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlight

ShadowFlight

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:46 am

Ghost chuckled, and said softly "Silver shavings." She moved the blanket she had on her back to the railing of the cart, revealing the small cutie mark there, faint enough it blended into the pale white of her coat without much effort. She said simply "I usually have a blanket over my hindquarters, or my harness, so not many ponies notice it. I was born to sculpt and make jewelry. I've known that for years. Good Pony (she looked to Cloud Twister as she spoke), I do very much appreciate your purchasing the artwork. Thank you. I am Ghost. I travel most of the time, so you will see me around, I would imagine. And yes, I will do a piece with you in it. Because you just need it done. The image cries out to be brought to life in warm marble."
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:41 am

Cloud never seen such a stealthy cutie mark, he doubted he would ever see it if she hadn't pointed it out. Though he didn't think there were many, if any, ponies with no cutie-marks at her age. Though it would be quite amazing to meet one who hadn't. They would probably have some really wild talent. Like a master adventurer, dragon fighter, creature taming!! Now that would be wild, he pictured himself chasing and trapping rouge pheonix's(they of course had done something bad, like set the forest on fire multiple times) and teaching them the error of their ways. He suddenly wished he had such an actiony special talent. Weatherpony-ing got so boring.

"Don't worry 'bout it" he said to his fellow pegasus "And if you end up getting those rocks and want some help you should come find me, like I said, Cloud twister the weather pony. I don't think I'll be to hard to find me." he then raised an eyebrow at the unicorn. Did she not get it? "Er...Thanks but you really shouldn't waste your time on making something just for me, I'm not all that special and don't have much to give ya back." he said with a bashful smile. What the heck was warm marble? Wasn't that stuff cold as stone, since it was stone.

Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:10 pm

"sure. i might need you're help anyway since i don't know exactly where that is." gemini turns back to ghost." so, sliver shavings? and also, how can marble be warm?" he started asking the questions that came to his head as soon as they did." and also, what's it like to travel around so much? i plan to travel too, after i get stuff settled into town. gotta have some place to return to, right?" he then turns to cloud." i don't think i introduced myself properly, i'm gemini." he does a small, polite bow to cloud and holds out his hoof to shake.
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlight

ShadowFlight

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Ghost nodded, and said "Marble comes in many colors, and you can find lovely warm golden shades, as well as soft cool grays, blues, and even purples. There is also pink marble, but that isn't what I see him in. No, the image begging to be brought to light is in a warm golden marble, or even a rich chocolate shade of marble. Granite might work too, but I like working with marble better. My cutie mark is because the first piece I made in stone was from silverstone, and the silver shavings of stone just felt so very right as I made them, taking away the bits of stone until the Pegasus I knew was inside the stone was there for everyone to see. I travel for inspiration and to find fresh stones to work with, as we'll as to share my artwork with other ponies. It does nopony any good if the only pony who sees them is myself. And I like sharing the gifts of art with other ponies. It was my dream, to become a sculptor, and I think anypony who dreams of art should know that it is not beyond them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who cares what i name it!(open)   who cares what i name it!(open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

who cares what i name it!(open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Equestria :: Ponyville :: The Marketplace-
Jump to: