My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Slipstream

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Slipstream

Slipstream

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 9:39 pm

Slipstream
Slipstream 1591-33
Species:pegasus
Mane:blue
Tail:blue
Eyes:deep blue
Body:cyan
Cutie Mark:shooting star
Age (Baby,adult):adult
Personality:very confident. Often reckless. Slipstream is very empathetic and won't stand for any-pony being mistreated. anything bad that happens to any-pony else he will feel it in some way.
Likes:fast flying, speed, large storms, being mischievous. His job is a weather manager, and he has to manage large storms. his favorite storms are tornadoes, because they're fast, and he likes the wild ride they give him. however, the storms he usually deals with are super-cell thunderstorms. "I don't know the science behind them," he said. "All I know is they're fun to handle."
Dislikes:walking, he likes to fly everywhere.
History:never met his parents. He was left at an orphanage in Manehatten as a foal. Dispute this, he was always very cheery, often cracking jokes. Nopony ever adopted him, so he has no parents. His guardians at the orphanage were very sweet, but they weren't used to dealing with a pegasus. Whenever he could, he'd fly back and forth between Cloudsdale and Manehatten, going faster and faster each time. one day, Slipstream was flying really fast, and the air felt like a barrier, slowing him down. After 3 moons of trying, he was finally able to break his seemingly unbeatable speed record. As he flew, a white funnel formed around his body, making a long white tail of air behind him. It felt as if the air was just slipping past him, meeting no resistance. It was as if the universe just parted around him, with a pocket of air just big enough to breath through trapped in front of him. That was when he felt a tingling on his flank. He looked over and saw a brand new cutie mark! It appeared to be a shooting star, though he wasn't quite sure what it was exactly. He flew back to the orphanage and showed everypony his new cutiemark. Eventually, Slipstream was old enough to leave the orphanage and live on his own. Three moons after he'd left the orphanage, Slipstream met a unicorn named Straight Arrow. Straight Arrow (or Prince, as he called himself) was older than Slipstream. He had a very peculiar style of magic, where he made things and did stuff using special "runes" he'd descovered. The runes included, (but were not limited to,) Fire, life, death, mortalis (the essence of being a mortal), water, wind, earth, rock, etc. Prince and Slipstream became good friends, and Prince would constatntly study Slipstream's wings, trying to find a rune for flight. 12 moons later, Slipstream moved to a simple little house in ponyville, right at the edge of town next to the everfree forest. He loved that forest. He loved to explore it, and see what strange new creatures and plants he could find.

Example RP segment: Slipstream's trip back to Manehatten wasn't what he's hoped. Suddenly he heard crying in an alleyway. He looked to find a small filly being bullied by older mares. "Hey!" He said, stepping forward, "leave her alone!" He started walking towards the bullies with a glare in his eyes. "Bullying is a mean thing to do," he said. "How would yo like it if I did that to you?" The bullies backed away, tripping over each other and mumbling apologies. "Scram." Slipstream said.

Acceptance

Last edited by Slipstream on Tue May 12, 2015 8:15 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : changed cutiemark story)
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Hello and welcome!! This is a good start, Unfortunately I can't approve this just yet! It isn't quite long enough! Here's example of an approvable length application for reference: https://mlp-fim-oc-rp.rpg-board.net/t3096-upper-atmosphere

We accept a few paragraphs in personality and history needs to include how he got his cutiemark, what his family life was like, if he had influences, and if not family, what were the closest ponies he could call family like to him? How did they treat him to become the way he did?

You also need to watch out for grammar mistakes and the likes/dislikes need to have 5-10 to really flesh out the character! We'd love to get to know you more and we hope you have fun here! ^^
Back to top Go down
Slipstream

Slipstream

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 3:57 pm

I thought in the rules it said it didn't have to have a specific length. If this is going to be a repeat of a site I've been to already where the applications have to be 110% perfect, then I'll just have to find somewhere else to roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 2:55 am

On this site, grammar is key as well as a suitable length. It doesn't have to be 100% but it needs to follow the same basic streamline:

The rules wrote:
A concise, well-thought-out composition that meets all criteria serves its purpose just as effectively as prolix rhetoric.

Given something with sparse details is like barely trying. But the more details you have, the better and more 'stamped-in' the character will be in someone else's mind. Please understand that while length is not the main concern, an app with barely any info leaves plenty of room for error. I mean, it doesn't have to be 12 pages long, but it does need somewhat of a length to be able to know who they are. ^^
Back to top Go down
Slipstream

Slipstream

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 8:14 pm

I edited my application. but for some reason, my picture just won't show.
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 10:17 pm

You need capitals in some places after the period and some of what I read seems a bit op ^^ (Sorry >.<') We have never witnessed any pony going fast enough other than rainbow dash to do a sonic boom ^^'

Things that need looking at:

super-cell thunderstorms. "I don't know the science behind them," he said. "All I know is they're fun to handle." (I might allow this if other ponies help with the cloud and such a thunderstorm is contained slightly, (aka, they're well out of the way before it goes off.))

After 3 moons of trying, he was finally able to break his seemingly unbeatable speed record. However, when he finally did, as he shot forward, a loud BOOM split the air behind him, and the air slid by like nothing. That was when he felt a tingling on his flank. (Nobody but Rainbow Dash has been seen to be able to create a sonic boom in the show. It would not be fair to allow this as other ponies cannot do this.)

He had a very peculiar style of magic, where he made things and did stuff using special "runes" he'd descovered. The runes included, (but were not limited to,) Fire, life, death, mortalis (the essence of being a mortal), water, wind, earth, rock, etc. Prince and Slipstream became good friends, and Prince would constatntly study Slipstream's wings, trying to find a rune for flight. (This part, is where I'm iffy the most. In the show, there hasn't been mention of 'runes' other than the elements of harmony which were placed back in the tree. magical item possession is also not permitted as it would give the pony an incredible advantage over the others. >.<)

As for the picture, you need to submit a jpeg or png (Picture urls.) Click this button: Slipstream Screen32 and upload the pic there. It should then give you an image url!
Back to top Go down
Slipstream

Slipstream

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 2:26 pm

I would not consider Slipstream OP.
When he first got his cutie mark was the only time he was ever able to accomplish a sonic boom. Since then he has been trying and trying to replicate it, but to no avail.
As for the storm, he is only the manager, meaning he doesn't do it all himself. He and his group are in charge of forming the super-cell, and keeping the damage under control. One thing they have to do is keep it away from populated areas, and when it does end up there, make sure it doesn't damage anything. There is a ground team in charge of setting up lightning rods in specific areas so as to avoid lightning damage on buildings.

Prince's magic doesn't include any special magical items. What I mean by "runes" is simply individual elements and parts/ingredients that make up spells. In fact, due to his tenancy to focus on the parts of magic, his magic as a whole is much weaker than that of an average unicorn.

And the image. I have no clue what you mean by what you said, but I was able to get it to work. I right-clicked on the image and selected 'copy image URL' and pasted that, and it worked. the actual image is on deviantart.com. I made it using a pony generator and had it for a while, but I lost the file.
Back to top Go down
Slipstream

Slipstream

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 2:32 pm

"(Nobody but Rainbow Dash has been seen to be able to create a sonic boom in the show. It would not be fair to allow this as other ponies cannot do this.)"

Isn't that the point of a SPECIAL talent? It wouldn't be special if anypony else were able to do it. If other ponies could do it just as well, he wouldn't have a cutiemark. And besides, like I stated in my previous reply, he's been unable to replicate the results anyway. His cutiemark represents his ability to slip through the air easily, allowing him to obtain super high speeds. I'm sorry, but if you're going to go by that logic, then everypony should be blank-flanks.
Back to top Go down
Slipstream

Slipstream

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Slipstream wrote:
"(Nobody but Rainbow Dash has been seen to be able to create a sonic boom in the show. It would not be fair to allow this as other ponies cannot do this.)"

Isn't that the point of a SPECIAL talent? It wouldn't be special if anypony else were able to do it. If other ponies could do it just as well, he wouldn't have a cutiemark. And besides, like I stated in my previous reply, he's been unable to replicate the results anyway. His cutiemark represents his ability to slip through the air easily, allowing him to obtain super high speeds. I'm sorry, but if you're going to go by that logic, then everypony should be blank-flanks.

Examples: Twilight Sparkle. She was able to do magic like nopony else, even before she became an alicorn! That isn't fair, she should get a different talent, or, better yet, everyone should have an equal sign as a cutiemark! Yeah! That's fair! ._.

Applejack. She is great at applebucking, better than anypony else has ever been. That's not fair. She should have an equal sign cutiemark.
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 1:25 am

It has not been allowed before but you do make very good points. I need to contact the other admin to see about this. ^^'
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 9:57 am

Hello Slipstream. I'm afraid I'll have to agree with Doodle. We stay as close to canon as we can here, and the show has stated at multiple points that Rainbow Dash has been the only one to achieve it. you do make good points, but I would still consider it assuming canon by allowing it.

Slipstream wrote:
everyone should have an equal sign as a cutiemark! Yeah! That's fair!

That's a huge exaggeration. Nobody is saying that you can't be faster than most others, we're just saying the Sonic Boom goes against what the show states at multiple points.
Back to top Go down
Slipstream

Slipstream

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 3:14 pm

Well that is what happened with my oc, that's how he got his cutiemark. what else would you suggest I do? I assume since you're so sure about what you're saying, you must have a better idea. Prey tell, what is it?
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 7:33 pm

first off, being rude won't do you any favors. secondly, you can change it however you please, as long as it adheres to the rules. We've made our decision, and at this point it's up to you whether you make the appropriate change to be in compliance with the rules, post a different character, or go somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Slipstream

Slipstream

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 8:17 pm

Blind Side wrote:
first off, being rude won't do you any favors. secondly, you can change it however you please, as long as it adheres to the rules. We've made our decision, and at this point it's up to you whether you make the appropriate change to be in compliance with the rules, post a different character, or go somewhere else.

I'm sorry for being rude, it's just that I'm so frustrated because I've been searching for an eternety to find the right roleplaying site. I've changed the story, hopefully you'll be satisfied with it and I can move on. If not, thanks anyway, but I guess I'll have to roleplay elseware.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Thank you. I appreciate the apology. It looks much better to me, but Doodle is the one reviewing the app, so I'd wait until she gets on later for the final decision. But it does look much better that way, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Slipstream

Slipstream

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 8:20 pm

thank you
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 9:51 pm

This is much better! :D I dub this
APPROVED!

Last edited by Doodle Bug on Tue May 12, 2015 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slipstream

Slipstream

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 9:52 pm

Yay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slipstream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipstream   Slipstream I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slipstream
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Creations :: Submitted Creations :: Pegasi-
Jump to: