My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Astral Legend

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Astral Legend

Astral Legend Empty
PostSubject: Astral Legend   Astral Legend I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 4:56 am

Astral Legend

Astral Legend Astral10

Species: Unicorn

Mane: Rather unique color. Darker red mane mixed with black.

Tail: Unlike most tails, his comes out to points like spikes.

Eyes: Black pupils with red irises.

Body: Lighter red fur, he's a bit more built than most unicorns.

Cutie Mark: A spell book with a star shaped wand lying across it.

Age (Baby,adult): Adult

Personality: Astral is a rather quiet stallion, usually not saying more than a few words sometimes. He's very nice and generous, willing to help anypony out of a bind no matter how small or dangerous. He's very serious when it comes to studying magic and usually will dedicate most of his time to such. He's not very good with meeting new ponies and often try to keep himself out of the spotlight if possible. A bit anti-social due to not having an active childhood like most ponies. He's got a bit of a mean streak if you happen to make him angry, if that's even possible.

Likes: Stars and space, loves to study and test new magic spells, using existing spells in new and different ways, cooking, reading, staying active, and traveling around Equestria and beyond.

Dislikes: Those who deliberately tries to harm another pony, whether it be mentally or physically. He hates to fail at something or anything really and often won't forgive himself if makes a mistake. He doesn't like sweets much. He doesn't really like to be walking out in the daytime when most ponies are around.

History: Astral Legend was born in the small town of Ponyville along side his parents and his little sister, Sarune. Unlike his little sister who always seemed to be out and about the town, Astral always stayed inside to study his favorite subject, magic. Astral's magical power was strong both in what he could muster and what he could do with it. Although...his control of it was lacking, a lot. From day in and day out, Astral tried to control that magical power but it always ended in failure even when he tried to use the simplest of spells, mainly telekinesis. He was becoming increasingly depressed and frustrated from his lack of control, even his parents and little sister could see that. It became bad enough that he had a mental breakdown which nearly consumed him and had to see a doctor. In the hospital, after checking on Astral mental state had told the family that if they didn't do anything soon, he could end up being a recluse and Celestia knows what else.

After a couple of weeks of his family constantly visiting him in the hospital, he recovered quite fast and his family deduced that it was because of his change in surroundings and not having to worry about focusing on his studying for once. From there, they quickly came up with a plan, his sister, Sarune and her father decided that the best way to cheer him up was to have Astral learning the basics from his father and move on from there. They would have these lessons at the place that Astral loved to go during the night, the mountains. After a few things of getting everything ready, Sarune went to Astral telling him that she desperately needed his help with something. She knew he wouldn't refuse, it wasn't in him to do so. She was right. Astral came out of his room and followed her outside where he was rudely exposed to the sunlight unlike the darkness that is his room. Astral wondered what it was that she needed help with? It wasn't like she was a unicorn, she was a pegasus. Couldn't give her flying lessons or help her with magic and as far as he knew, she was very active in the social scene. A lot more than he could figure so he wondered what it was he could help her with?

He knew he could've asked but didn't for whatever reason, he knew that she was also the sort to be very independant much like himself. It was a bit suspicious though he wasn't one to talk considering he shut himself up in his room for days on end just practicing magic. Sarune had taken him through Whitetail Woods, making small talk as they went along. Astral did answer the best of his ability but at the back of his mind he wondered where she was leading him. From the path they were taking, it seemed as if they were heading up into the mountains. One of the places Astral loved to go to see the stars with his father, who speaking of which, wasn't at home neither was his mother.

Sarune indeed take him to the mountains, upon getting to the base, she told him that she'd meet him at the top. When she flew up there, Astral followed along the path. He wasn't a stranger to climbing nor physical activity as he did this nearly every night to look more closely at the stars that hanged radiantly upon the night sky with his father. As Sarune had expected, it didn't take Astral long at all to reach the top. From there, Astral found his sister, mother, and father at the top. Behind them, were simple books, glass plates, cups, and much heavier things. Astral finally asked what was this all about and the idea of leading him here. His mother told him it was because during the time he was practicing, she noticed some disturbing behavioral changes about him. Ranging from him being a lot more angry, irritated upon the smallest things, and becoming too absorbed in studying magic rather taking care of himself.

Astral thought back on that and realized she was right. He lashed out when he didn't mean to, all of them. He was always so cranky from not getting enough sleep and didn't eat enough usually to keep his strength up for too long. Not to mention he never really went outside to get some fresh air and it was finally catching up with him. Especially as he thought back to his breakdown which he never really truly got over yet. Astral was at his wits end at what to do, he was too young to be feeling these types of things and his parents knew this. This was why they were going to do everything in their power to make sure Astral the basics of magic and how to control it to the best of their ability. While the father was the unicorn, he would teach him how to control his magic and teach him the basics while his mother would give Astral the encouragement he needed to keep on trying. His sister, Sarune, would make sure that he wasn't alone during the time his parents had to go to work and keep his mind on other things so that he wouldn't overexert himself with studying.

For a month and a half, this was they did for him. Day in and day out just for Astral to learn the basics of control while making sure that he took care of himself and got him more active on other things other than magic. Upon the last day of his lessons, his father tested him on everything that he learned by having him lift up the various things that they brought with them without breaking them. He passed with flying colors and upon that day, he had finally gotten his cutie mark. Astral and his family couldn't be happier and celebrated when coming back to Ponyville just in time for Hearts Warming Eve. From that time on forward, Astral grew up into a fine stallion who not only conveyed the lessons that his parents had taught him but learned to stay patient and relax knowing that nothing would come if he decide to rush.

During today's time, Astral and his sister still live in Ponyville although his parents decided to travel around Equestria much like Astral do on his spare time and getting together every major holiday. His father gave Astral the black cape sometime after their last meet-up in Ponyville which belonged to his great-grandfather who was one of the ponies that helped founded Ponyville back in the day.

Example RP segment: Option 3

Astral had probably had known to not travel when the clouds were building up so. Unfortunately, he was not one to back down from doing what he loved and that much was certain. Still, he hadn't expected such a heavy downpour and he was in unfamiliar territory. He was sure he may have lost the path as the rain made it hard to see even though he had a simple shield spell over his head much like an umbrella since the hood on his black cape wouldn't keep out the rain at all. Luckily enough, he found a tavern and hoped it was warm inside as he was starting to freeze slightly given the drop in temperature and it was the middle of the night as well.

Astral made his way inside, hearing the soft music playing in the room. Most of the ponies went quiet as Astral made his way in and looked at him. Astral took off his hood, giving a polite bow to the ponies in the room. All of them raised their glasses at him, giving him a welcoming cheer. Astral went up to the bar and sat down while taking in his surroundings. The place was loud, filled with the sound of the talking ponies enjoying themselves. Quite lively, maybe a little too much as Astral wasn't one to hang around crowds but it wasn't like he was a stranger to such things.

The barpony came up to him asking what he'd have and Astral simply said cider. The barpony gives him a slight nod as puts down the glass that he just cleaned at one of the taps filling it with said beverage and slide it down Astral's way which he stopped with his magic and floated it up to his mouth to take a swig. He had to admit, it was a bit heavier than most but nevertheless refreshing. When he was done with the drink, he asked the barpony if there were rooms available for tonight and would gladly share a room if needed. Luckily for him, one room was available for him to use.

Astral gladly paid for the room and his drink then headed upstairs away from the bar to turn in for tonight. He knew that he could get directions in the morning and hopefully the rain would stop for him to get going on his way back on the right path to Ponyville. Upon opening the door to his room with the key given to him by the barpony, he went inside and levitated his cape over a chair in the room. It was slightly wet because of the rain but luckily he was still mostly dry and decided to write a bit in his journal before getting into bed and getting to sleep. Astral knew that he usually didn't sleep at night but made an exception just this once as he was tired and wanted to rest. After all, he still had a whole day's travel ahead of him tomorrow and maybe he'd take in the sights while he was on his way. With that in mind, he drifted off to sleep eager to see what tomorrow would hold for him.

[Acceptance]

Last edited by Astral Legend on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Small change to History.)
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Astral Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Legend   Astral Legend I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 4:48 am

Wow, this app looks great but I just have one problem with the whole unable to control his powers in the history section seeing as this could get out of hand fast, he does have normal/standard unicorn level powers, right? Also, having the grandfather being one of the ones who helped found Ponyville is a bit big and I'll have to ask the other staff about that. The history also needs a part of how he gained his cutiemark! :D

ALSO... WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!! WE'RE SO SO SO HAPPY YOU'RE HERE!! WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY HERE!! :3 :3 *HUGS*

Multi-language in case your primary language isn't English!!
Back to top Go down
Astral Legend

Astral Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Legend   Astral Legend I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Oh yeah, his unicorn magic is standard. Nothing too strong. Think of it as if it wouldn't bend to his will when he wanted to use it. Also, if that part about the grandfather is too much then I can take it out. The part about his cutie mark I can put in though I didn't want it to be way too long as the app itself is very long already.
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Astral Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Legend   Astral Legend I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Ah, but we love long apps! It lets the creativity flow!! But yeah, just take out the grandfather helping found Ponyville and add in the cutiemark story and we're all set! :)
Back to top Go down
Astral Legend

Astral Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Legend   Astral Legend I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Whoa, whoops. Completely forgot to change some things but got'cha. I'll change that and make it a little longer so I can tell about him getting his cutemark. Also, great to be here!
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Astral Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Legend   Astral Legend I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Awesome! Tell me when you finish and I'll be happy to approve it :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Astral Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Legend   Astral Legend I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astral Legend
Page 1 of 1