My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)

Go down 
+3
Callilian
Korenav
Rosey Bubbles
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) Empty
PostSubject: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:18 am

Hey Guest, I thought it would be really cool if we did that Short Story competition thing that was going to happen last November, but never did. It would've been fun to read all of your Short Stories and vote for one afterward :33

And besides, the forum just hit 1,000 members, I think it would be a fun way of celebrating that :)

And July is almost ending, so it would be perfect to start it at the beginning of August!

Please?
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:35 pm

We would need to add judging and reading to the current staff load we have right now. While I don't think its a bad idea at all, we might need a little more time before we opened that up. Just my opinion. Would you guys be interested in this?
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:18 pm

*Me raises a hoof*

I'm all up for it. I have the perfect little one-shot I wrote for FIMFiction!
Back to top Go down
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:40 pm

I see Kore, well, I'll, of course, participate!
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:44 pm

I would like it, though, if we could use canon characters. If not, back to the drawing board for moi...
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:26 pm

I dont know what the rules for it were formerly, but in my opinion, i think all that should be required is that it has something pony in it. Canon characters and all else allowed.
Back to top Go down
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Yeah, of course! And that it stays Pg 13 >.<
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:26 am

I'd join! Good thing I haven't posted my short fic yet :D
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:47 pm

These are the old rules I placed up for the original idea.

Quote :

1. Word limit is the forum's natural limit of stuff you can fit in a single post. Your story should be able to fit in one posty-wosty.
  2. In the spirit of the MLP OC forum in general, the story has to be about Equestria (and all that implies), but HAVE NO CANON PONIES ACTUALLY IN IT. They can be referenced, discussed, conversed, talked about, all the way to the moon and back, but they cannot actually physically be in the story.
  3. Creative writers will be able to have them influence the plot indirectly.
  4. Only one story for one member. That means one. Two is right out. I'm looking at you, Stormy.
  5. Likewise, one member, one vote. (Even if you think two stories are really grand, YOU. MUST. CHOOOOOOOSE.)
  6. OCs will have to be used, yeah, but if you use another member's, you have to get permission. If you see someone use one of your chars without your permission, feel free to post in their thread and call them out.
  7. The story can be canon to your OC, but it doesn't have to be.
  8. The story has to be your own. Though I'd like to check each and every one of the possible entries for plagiarism, I cannot. This is a matter of trust, ladies and gents.

Shout if you want to change any of them.
Back to top Go down
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:17 pm

Objection!

I was talking about this short story idea in the chat box, and it seemed like many people wanted the use of canon characters in their story, and I therefore think we should just take out the bit in Rule Number Two where it says no canon ponies :)

Anypony else like this idea?
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:05 am

I second the objection!
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:47 am

Perhaps we should consider different rules for different competitions?
One competition could involve only OC characters, while another may incorporate canon character.
That way, everyone wins! Hooray for winning!
Back to top Go down
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:12 am

Yay! I like Fireseekers idea!
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:09 am

I can do both! :D
Back to top Go down
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:42 pm

If we have multiple competitions, should we be able to enter both of them once, one of them once, or both of them multiple times?

And, should the staff that volunteer to read and moderate and all that be able to enter at all?

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:27 am

Both of them once only. That way, I will not flood the competition with too many stuff >.>

Not that I was planning to... <.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)   Concerning the Short Story Subforum :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concerning the Short Story Subforum :)
Page 1 of 1