My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Different Kind of Art

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Firework

Firework

A Different Kind of Art Empty
PostSubject: A Different Kind of Art   A Different Kind of Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Rhapsody scoffed, considering the broad painting in front of her. The strokes of the brush were as bold as the bright neon mane the pony in the painting sported. 

The crystal mare would never understand the appeal of such art. Rhapsody had always been drawn to the musical side, that which could make her heart soar as well as dip in dispair. However, lately her heart was not in her music. But the mare could not find the cause, no matter what she tried, nor could she fix it. 

Rhapsody reached behind her back, adjusting her violin, sighing as she did so. This visit was not helping.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Different Kind of Art   A Different Kind of Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:22 pm

It wasn't the first time Rosette had graced the Canterlot Art Gallery with her presence. She slowly moved from one piece of artwork to the next, designating each one with a dedicated amount of time, allowing more to admire any piece that she was particularly intrigued by. 

She stopped in front of one painting. However, it was at this piece that she noticed the presence of a mare. A crystal mare to be precise. Her sparkling coat was rather astonishing, matched by her dazzling mane and tail.

"My oh my, I dare say that should simply place you on display," she complimented, giving the mare a wide smile.
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

PostSubject: Re: A Different Kind of Art   A Different Kind of Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Always the oblivious pony, Rhapsody had not noticed the pink Unicorn come up near her. At the sound of her voice, she started. 

"Oh! I didn't see you there," Rhapsody jumped, and upon landing began tapping a foot in embarrassment. "That's very kind of you. I must say, you yourself are very dazzling as well."

The crystal mare turned back towards the painting she was considering. "Paintings and sculptures are not really my cup of crystal berry punch," she confessed. "I don't understand how ponies can be so fascinated by simple color on canvas."

Rhapsody turned towards the pink unicorn, remembering society's customs upon meeting a new pony.

"Where are my manners? My name is Rhapsody. Might I ask yours?"
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Different Kind of Art   A Different Kind of Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:43 pm

"Rosette, Rosette Allure. But you may just call me Rose," came the reply.

"I must admit that I thought the same of art not too long ago," Gesturing to the painting with a hoof, Rose gazed over it. "But then I learnt, it's not so much what the picture shows you, but what it doesn't show you."
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

PostSubject: Re: A Different Kind of Art   A Different Kind of Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:56 pm

"What do you mean?" Rhapsody asked, confused. "Perhaps like a song in minor? It sounds sad to the untrained ear, but true musicians can tell the happy undertones and chord progressions." 

She turned back to the afore-gestured painting and thought about what Rose meant. Perhaps this pony could help her put the heart back into her music? Rhapsody would have to glean more about art from this pony to be able to tell.

"What do you see in this painting? It just looks like a crazy pony with his hooves going in every direction. And that neon mane of his is atrocious, along with those orange polka dot eyes. All this painting isn't showing me is a nice color palate," Rhapsody asked, wrinkling her nose.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Different Kind of Art   A Different Kind of Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:12 pm

Rosette was sightly baffled at Rhapsody's music prowess. Her own knowledge in that area was quite limited. However, she laughed at her comment about the painting.

"Actually, you don't know how right you are," Rose remarked, "You see, the vibrant colours are supposed to be assaulting. It's not meant to be a pretty picture. The 'crazy' stallion with multiple hooves is being driven mad by the mare, probably his lover. Everything that he once loved about her is now gone and he does so much for her love that he is driven to insanity. What was once beautiful has long gone under the torment of trying to please her..."

Rosette abruptly trailed off, surprising herself at her analysis. She coughed into her hoof before adding, "W-well, at least that's my interpretation of it."
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

PostSubject: Re: A Different Kind of Art   A Different Kind of Art I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:39 pm

Rhapsody looked oddly at the mare next to her. She knew quite a bit about art. But she could see what Rose meant. While it seemed a little farfetched to believe it wasn't... completely impossible. Perhaps this is what Rhapsody needed.

"Miss Rose, you know much of the arts it seems. I'm wondering if you could help me with my music. Lately, it has been lifeless and not at all entertaining. Would you be willing to help?"

Rhapsody looked at Rose with filly eyes, pleading for assistance.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Different Kind of Art   A Different Kind of Art I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Rose could only blink in response, staring blankly back at Rhapsody. She was hardly an art expert, and most certainly no musician. Such an offer was incredibly strange for her to receive.

"W-well, I really don't know anything about music," she gave as a flustered reply, yet looking at Rhapsody, Rose felt almost compelled to help. "But maybe I can give you some sort of help."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Different Kind of Art   A Different Kind of Art I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Different Kind of Art
Page 1 of 1