My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inty "Ave" Average

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

Inty "Ave" Average Empty
PostSubject: Inty "Ave" Average   Inty "Ave" Average I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Inty "Ave" Average Ave_Version_zps9osz1r0h
Species: Earth Pony
Mane: Dark brown, long in length. Is rather curly, but more towards the edge of wavy.
Tail: Almost long, but cut off near the bottom.
Eyes: Very Brown, nearly black, Surprisingly expressive. Curiously enough, his eyes have no gleam, unlike that of an average pony.
Body: A good bit shorter than the mane 6, approx. 3/4ths their height.
Cutie Mark: A set of theatre masks, the happy one grey-green and the sad one grey-blue. He usually hides his cutie mark under mane dye, so your pony by default, does NOT know his cutie mark
Age (Baby, adult): Young adult

Personality:
Ave does not have all too much self-esteem, and his behavior stems from that.
While he is overall a caring and kind pony, he comes off as silent, rude and very uncaring. He acts as such on purpose.
He does judge quickly, especially other ponies’ intelligences.
While he doesn’t talk much, he is very capable of holding speeches and performing.

Unique to Ave is that he’ll ‘change’ his ‘mood’ to whatever he needs most. If he needs to intimidate somepony he’ll bring on a perfect grim mood and straight face. If he’s scared and all hope seems lost, but he and his friends doing their best at something is their best chance of success, he’ll suddenly be a perfect leader brimming with confidence and motivating everyone.
His Cutie Mark is what lets him do this, however, he is so good at faking and hiding emotions and so used to doing it, that it’s become a habit to hide his true feelings. He is no longer capable of showing how he truly feels. He does not enjoy using this talent, although he will if he believes it is for the best, which is more often then not.

Lastly, Ave is actually a Supertalent, and was raised among other supertalents, so he can pick up everything far better than an average pony. However, he could never learn things to the same professional level as those who are meant to do it. Furthermore, being able to do everything via lies and natural talent has left Ave with a weak spot in creative problem solving. Ave can make great plans, but it takes a long time and they're very -step- by -step-. They can exist out of great individual steps, but are never a proper whole plan. In emergency situations, he can create ingenious simple plans, but is unable of creating complicated plans, stressing out of he doesn't see a simple solution in his direct environment.

Likes: Beautiful Sights, Large open areas, rhyming, singing.
Dislikes: His Cutie Mark, Gem Ponies, Small inconveniences (dropping food/tripping).

History:

Ave was born in Manehatten, under the name “Intellectual Awesome”. True to his name, he excelled at any elementary school study. In Manehatten elementary, he would make 4 important friends. Trueshine Brilliance, Weaving Perfection, Iridescent Force and Smiling Coruscation were his friends. Most of them were Unicorns. They to excelled at every subject, which raised the question amongst all of them “what cutie mark will we get..?”. Eventually, they rose up to some bullies. It was a long and arduous plan. Weaving Perfection would charm them, break their heart. Smiling Coruscation would console them and make them feel angry instead of sad. Trueshine brilliance would use a spell he found to make them even angrier, so they would attack Weaving Perfection. Iridescent force was there to fight them off, and Ave would rat them out against the teacher. Halfway through, they realized framing these bullies was really rude, and in the end, Ave didn’t rat anyone out but kept both parties outside of the teacher’s reach, making it seem like nothing happened. The night after the problem was ‘resolved’, all 5 of them had a horrible nightmare, and received their cutiemarks during the nightmare. When they met together, they thought their cutiemarks stood for how they executed the plan, what they had each did… so they decided their cutiemarks were bad things. They started calling them ‘cruelty’ marks, and avoided using those talents. They each went to their own secondary education, not to meet one another since.

In his secondary education, Ave was determined to prove that lying wasn’t the only thing he could do, and thus with deep thinking and great talent, he excelled at every subject. He didn’t beat those with their cutie marks in that subject, but he was always just one step behind each of them, having the highest Average Grade. Eventually, when he felt like he wasn’t getting anywhere, he stopped bothering too much and used his talent to skip school and lie his way outside of classes, still getting good grades due to his talent.
Other students had their suspicions, and a mix of jealousy and overall dislike arose. They shunned him for not being dedicated, and whispered about how he lied to everyone and abused everyone behind the scenes.

He started truly condemning his cutie mark. Even though his friends Regal Skyline and Hearth still believe there was hope for him and that he just hadn’t found his place, he had lost his hope and no longer believed in destiny. He stopped acting to avoid school, and started going again. However everyone bothered him and he subconsciously just acted however he needed to, to get rid of attention. Be pitiful when they wanted something relatable and smile when they couldn’t care for drama. He fell in the background because no one could see past his face, and lying to people to get them to do what he wanted had become a habit. After finishing school, despite having helped Regal Skyline and Hearth fulfill their dreams, he couldn’t find his own dream or even a stable job himself.

Deciding to move out, he started a new chapter of his life, moving to Ponyville, where there’s less competition and cheaper accommodations.
In the train, he decided to leave his cutie mark and his past behind, using some brown mane dye he had on him to carefully hide it, and thinking of a new alias. Intellectual Awesome became “Inty Average”. And he’d tell people “call me Ave”, with his smile as fake as ever.
He tried making friends and enjoying his life there, but quickly fell back into old habits. He made his bits off of his parents and friends, who were happy to help him live. He now lives, slowly trying to find his place, in Ponyville.

3. It is pouring rain outside. Your OC spots the light of a tavern up ahead. The tavern is filled with ponies that your OC doesn't know. Given your OC’s personality, compose a brief narrative in which your OC identifies and addresses the situation.

Amongst the soft ambience of rain, a single set of walking hooves could be heard upon the stone ground. Ave trodded through the rain, thinking idly to himself, staring in front of him. His large mane had gotten soaked and rested over his face. It hid most of his face.
Ave would eventually notice an interruption in the ambience. Chatter amongst many a pony, Ave’s head turned ever so softly towards the source of the light. A Tavern. He noticed ponies chattering inside, through the windows. He shrugged and walked on. However, as he came closer, somepony would slowly open the tavern door, offering him inside. While he had no intention of going inside at first, he knew refusing this offer and continuing at a slow pace would confuse many a pony, as he was not in a hurry, obviously.
He smiled to the pony opening the door to him and went inside, tipping his hat. " Thank you very much, Sir. It’s raining quite a lot, all I see is a blur. He told the pony that let him in as he went inside, twisting his mane to work some water out. He would move to the bar and strike up a chat, starting with "such a joy to finally be inside, somewhere where the water won’t make me slip and slide! he said jokingly while ordering a glass of water to drink.
He would continue his conversation with anypony who would talk with him. However when the commotion died down he gladly once more went outside. It was still raining, and literally two steps away from the tavern his smile instantaneously vanished, his face losing all emotion. He was done with their pity, and could go outside again without raising any eyebrows. As far as he was considered, as it should be. He calmly moved away, His mane once more flattening over his face.

A picture of Ave and his Friends:
https://i.imgur.com/uXVJj3x.png

Last edited by Ave on Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:47 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Refurbishing the Character and redoing his background, much more backstory now, slightly changed personality. Now also added extra character flaws and explanation by personality.)
Back to top Go down
StormyHugeheart

StormyHugeheart

Inty "Ave" Average Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inty "Ave" Average   Inty "Ave" Average I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:18 pm

I assume you getting your cutie mark is part of the development of your character?

If so you are approved.
Back to top Go down
Delix

Delix

Inty "Ave" Average Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inty "Ave" Average   Inty "Ave" Average I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 5:53 pm

Looks fine to me. Fire, if you see something I didnt, feel free to yell at me xD

Re-Approved
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

Inty "Ave" Average Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inty "Ave" Average   Inty "Ave" Average I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 11:04 am

All good here. Re-approved
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

Inty "Ave" Average Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inty "Ave" Average   Inty "Ave" Average I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Hmmm, I agree. Re-re-approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Inty "Ave" Average Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inty "Ave" Average   Inty "Ave" Average I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inty "Ave" Average
Page 1 of 1