My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Silent Ponyville setting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucky Spirit

Lucky Spirit

Silent Ponyville setting Empty
PostSubject: Silent Ponyville setting   Silent Ponyville setting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 7:51 pm

If anyone is interested, I'd like to do a Silent Hill themed RP with two other people along with someone to kind of control the environment. Basically you would need a character with some kind of dark detail in their history. Like if they killed someone or did something horrible that they deny. Anything along those lines really.

The fourth person would basically be in control of the town, monsters, puzzles, where items appear, and whether or not the characters can escape or fight back at times. If you want to do this then you would need to remember a few things:
1. Your job is not to kill everyone. But you need to be harsh at the same time. Make things challenging, but also know when to give everyone a break once in a while. If they are having trouble with a puzzle, give them hints. If they are dying, find a way to get them out of a bad situation.
2. You need to decide if you want to make the monsters or not. I could do it myself, but if you're good with symbolism then I wouldn't mind you giving us a few surprises with the monster appearances. If you don't want to make the monsters, I'll send you three separate sheets of the monsters each character will encounter.
3. Like the monsters, you can choose to make the puzzles yourself. If you don't want to then I can either do it myself or, by popular vote, we just don't do puzzles at all.
4. You need to find a way to keep a good balance between how much time the characters spend together and how long they are separated for.

This is how it would work:
The entire RP would be a turn based thing. It will start off with me, go to the next guy, then the next and then the fourth will look at all three and make separate scenarios for each one depending on where they are currently headed or where they are at that point in time. The first three RPers will be able to handle situations in any realistic way they want. For example: if the fourth person decides to put a weapon in the room they can take it and run, take it and fight any monster(s) in the room, or leave it and run.

The characters, like I just said, need to have something dark happen to them in their past. This can be a number of things including, but not limited to, being abused as a foal, killing someone, being "attacked" in some form, an event they feel guilty for (like sacrificing a sibling to selfishly save themselves), or making someone else's life completely miserable and hopeless.

If you have any questions then just ask me and I'll see if I can explain them.

BE WARNED: This RP will most likely take a very long time to complete. it might take a week, maybe several months, there is no way to be certain. You will probably need to be able to post at least once or twice a day or four times a week when it is your turn. If you have a hard time sticking to long RPs, then you might not want to join in.
Back to top Go down
Cobalt

Cobalt

PostSubject: Re: Silent Ponyville setting   Silent Ponyville setting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:20 pm

I have no problem joining in! My current and only character at this point is however, devoid of any devastating or scarring situations. I could take the role of the person who takes control of the town, monsters, items, etc. That's entirely up to you though. Sounds like something that would put my brain to the test; coming up with puzzles and other things to scare the living daylights out of everyone. : D
Back to top Go down
Lucky Spirit

Lucky Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Silent Ponyville setting   Silent Ponyville setting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Well I'm gonna have to wait until more people reply before making a decision, just so you know.
Back to top Go down
Cobalt

Cobalt

PostSubject: Re: Silent Ponyville setting   Silent Ponyville setting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:02 pm

It's alright, I understand. It is your topic and idea after all. Get back to me when you can I suppose if it turns out I get that part. :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Ponyville setting   Silent Ponyville setting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent Ponyville setting
Page 1 of 1