My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The end of an era

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynie!

Raynie!

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:30 pm

(Cuz there was only one book shown in the episode, we're using this, for the most part, to have some knowledge of the other books so our chars can have conversation about the other books. If its not in there, feel free to come up with some stuff too! http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustForFun/DaringDo)

(I know this is posted in the Library, but I'm using this section as the representation of a bookstore)

Blackberry groggily trotted up to the bookstore, It was early-- still dark. The book store wouldnt be opening for another hour or so, but it was a special occasion. He rubbed his eyes and looked up at the poster of the cover. Daring Do and the End of Time! It was the end of an era, this was being reported to be the official final book in the Daring Do series. The cover gave no hints at how it was going to end-- Daring Do was again present on the cover, however she appeared hurt, laying and looking up in shock-- standing behind her, as if to protect her, was a pony he didn't recognize... He had a wild mane and deep dark eyes-- his coat was dark brown and he had an hour glass cutie mark. He also had a very obvious red bowtie on... very odd... Behind them... was something... It was a shadow... He wasnt quite sure how to explain it-- it looked like a big torso-- a head on top-- two arms off either side that looked like they were reaching out to scoop up the two-- but that was it-- no detailwork at all on the creature behind them. Clearly whatever it was was the upcoming end...

Blackberry yawned and glanced to his left. The line was already partially down the street. He was not the only pony excited for this book. He had read these books since he was just a foal, he grew up with Daring Do and was not going to miss her final adventure. He had saved up just enough bits to be able to get this book. It'd be the start of the rebuilding of his collection, as he no longer had any of his old Daring Do books.

Blackberry trotted down the line of ponies. The ones in front looked like they may have spent the night there. A pink tent at the very front of the line. He glanced at some of the ponies. He even saw one dressed as Daring Do herself. He rolled his eyes, sure it was cool that the last book was being released, but dressing up as the character? that just seems a bit... silly... finally Blackberry reached the end of the line, about twenty ponies back. He knew they'd have more than enough books-- at least for where he was in line.

And now... It was time to wait. For the End of Time.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Iccy Shuffled a bit right ahead of Blackberry. He was definitely proud of his Herpy jacket, Although it wasn't a well-known bit of clothing for him. He smiled Softly as he waited for the time to come around, reading a "Expanded-universe" Comic book.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Somewhere at the end of the queue, a new pony joined the line. Moon Whistle had been out all night taking notes of the moon phases. She was not a die-hard fan of Daring Do, but she did enjoy an interesting book - and the reviews of the last one in the series had been very promising.

She eyed the queue, noticing a couple of familiar faces here and there, but did not raise her voise to greet. The adoring fans were discussing about the new book with hushed, excited tones.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Blackberry looked up just in time to see a familiar blue pony walk past him and get in line right behind him. He turned to see Moon Whistle looking over the line. "Hello Moon Whistle," he greeted her with a smile, "long time no see, havn't seen you in years"

"I never knew you were into Daring Do too," Blackberry said, striking up a little bit of conversation, "You always seemed so focus on astronomy back in school," he said.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:55 pm

Iccy blinked and turned around. He waved at Moon Whistle, smiling pleasantly, putting the comic back in his bag. "H-Hey!"
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 1:03 pm

"Hi, Blackberry!" Moon Whistle greeted the familiar face in front of her. She gave a little smile and then explained: "I've been living mostly by night because of, er, astronomy, as you propably guessed."
She kicked the ground a little and said then, "I like Daring Do-books, but I never actually voiced my opinion, when I was a filly. Anyway, I like any good book and the Daring Do has a very thrilling plotlines ... and ..."

Her voice trailed off, as she noticed another familiar pony in the line. Moon Whistle got some butterflies in her stomach and she completely forgot what she was about to say.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Blackberry smiled and nodded as Moon Whistle explained her interest in the Daring Do books. He remembered Moon always being one of the quieter fillys back when they were in school. He never really got to know her that well though, although they were always on friendly terms.

Blackberry looked a hair surprise when Moon cut out mid sentence. He blinked and then turned to see where she was staring just in time for Iccy to great them.

"Oh, hello!" Blackberry greated Iccy. This particular pony he didn't recognize, but he was never one to turn down a friendly pony.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Iccy blinked a bit when Moon trailed off. "M-Moon? Y-You alright?" He asked, Genuinely confused about why She acted like that. He shook his head and smiled. "I-I a-actually got t-to watch t-the screening o-of The C-Cove of C-Candles, W-When t-they were t-trying to M-Move onto f-film. I-It w-was amazing..." he explained, Shifting his bag. "M-Miss Starlight's e-even more a-annoying w-with voice." He explained with a deadpan, sighing.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:44 am

"Yeh, I'm fine." Moon Whistle murmured with a tiny voice and blushed furiously. Trying to shake out the sudden shyness, she did her best to recall what she had been about to say before Iccy had appeared and made her sentence a complete mess.
"Er... I mean, I like the way the characters have been built in the stories. They at times they feel like friends I have not yet met face to face."
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:00 am

Blackberry blinked when Iccy began to speak, he'd never seen another pony with such a stutter before. He hated to admit it to himself that it was a little hard to understand the pony a couple times.

Blackberry turned back to Moon Whistle as she stammered through her sentence. Was he the only one able to form a complete sentence around here anymore!? "Yeah-- the characters are really well done," Blackberry interjected, "even characters in the background are developed enough to make them likeable."

"So--" Blackberry looked between Iccy and Moon with a grin, "whats going to happen to cause the end of time?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:20 am

Iccy hummed a bit, thinking. "W-We'll meet Darring's M-Mom." He predicted, nodding. "T-They wouldn't Allude to h-her w-without at least r-revealing what h-happened to her." he explained, smiling. "H-How about you guys? W-What do you t-think?"
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:33 am

Different feelings were tearing Moon Whistle apart. She wanted to escape and stay at the same time here, now that Blackberry had started a conversation with Iccy. The blue unicorn shuffled her feet a little, lost in her thoughts.
"I think that, er, there will be some new character, an important one, introduced. You saw the cover art, right?" she finally said, but about the cause of the end of the time she had no idea about. It had been a long time since she had read the part before this last one, so Moon Whistle had a lot to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:48 am

"There's definitely a new character," Blackberry said with a nod, "I don't recall a bowtie wearing pony anywhere before in the series. He's definitely relevant to the plot too with how he is protecting Daring on the cover." Blackberry speculated.

"Personally-- I think that the figure in the back is some sort of great evil," Blackberry explained, "and that time itself will end in the story-- and this new pony is some sort of time traveler and they've got to go back before the end to stop the end from happening!" Blackberry said, clearly getting excited by his idea.

"Thats absurd." Called Doctor Whooves from further up in line.

Blackberry sighed a little, "you guys don't think thats too crazy, do you?" He asked with a weak smile.
Back to top Go down
xFaith

xFaith

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:55 am

Flora plodded quietly to the end of the long line of ponies. She hadn't read any of the Daring Do books yet, but she liked doing things out of order. It made no sense, and that made her smile. Other ponies seemed pretty pumped about it's release, considering some of the adoring fans she could pick out among the crowd. She reached her place in line and promptly sat where she was, blinking at the ponies in front of her with one ear idly turned towards their conversation. The book sounded like it was going to be great, according to their speculations. She smiled and flapped her wings a little, excited.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:07 am

Iccy shrugged softly. "T-There's a whole w-wing dedicated to Time s-spells in the Academy Library... I-I've heard a r-rumor that There's a t-time travel s-spell there." he admitted, shrugging. "D-Doesn't seem so f-far-fetched when you t-think of t-that."
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:08 am

Moon Whistle listened Iccy's theory of a time spell and suddenly wished she could've been more talented with magic. She had a silly smile on her face, feeling like she should say something, but instead, she noticed a new pony in line.
Moon Whistle turned to look over her shoulder and noticed the new pony was a pegasus.
"Oh!" the blue unicorn exclaimed, "Another fan, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:47 pm

"Well, yeah, there's supposedly a time travel spell in that big library that not everyone has access to..." Blackberry began to pick apart Iccy's idea a little bit, "Which means that this bowtie pony has somehow found a spell that was more or less thought to be a rumor." he pointed out.

"And dont get me started on messing up the whole time space continuity deal"
Blackberry said, letting his nerdness show a little, "I mean, if they went back to change something, then they wouldnt need to go back in time later and change it... oh nevermind..." Blackberry sighed as he thought about it.

He glanced over his shoulder away from Iccy to see the new pony Moon was speaking to, "hello..." he said meakly.
Back to top Go down
xFaith

xFaith

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 3:52 am

Flora nodded at the smaller blue pony, waving. "Hi, how are you?" She chirped. The shorter mare seemed like a happy pony, but was a little... nervous looking. Or maybe uncomfortable?
Another pony greeted her quietly, and she smiled a crooked smile. This pony looked a tad bit feminine, but had a strong-looking expression in his bright eyes and a slightly different build. He was certainly pretty, and once she got over the initial thought that his mane made him look more like a mare, he instead seemed handsome and rather obviously a stallion.
"Hello." She shuffled her hooves a bit, gathering her thoughts.
"Why would a pony even invent a time spell? Time traveling seems so... risky. And anything can result in some kind of...like...paradox, right?" Flora tilted her head a bit and looked at the purple stallion quizzically.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:05 am

Iccy nodded, thinking. "T-Time travel doesn't s-seem to be that rigid... I-I mean, N-Not many have e-ever done it, s-so no one knows, B-But I don't think It'd end in a p-paradox. Maybe your m-memories of the past w-will change, m-maybe not. Maybe It e-ends in w-what ponies call a S-Stable-Time loop." He said, before blushing and looking at the ground. "H-heard it on the r-radio once."

Iccy opened a saddlebag on the jacket, pulling out a sandwich. Y-You guys w-want anything?"
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:26 am

Oh my gosh, he is so smart!, Moon Whistle squealed inside the privacy of her own thoughts and shook with a feeling of happiness.
In the general conversation, she nodded to the words the pegasus had said, "I think I agree about the paradox, though. It seems risky. Like, er, what if somepony meddled too much with things in the past and created an alternative timeline?"

When Iccy pulled out a sandwich and asked if the rest of the party wanted anything, Moon Whistle squealed in her thoughts again. But out loud, she just said, "No thanks, I'm good."
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:52 am

Blackberry shook his head and raised a hoof to Iccy's offer, he had learned to eat light since his time in Manehatten. Probably a reason why he was a bit on the skinny side.

Blackberry lowered his gaze to the ground before looking back at the other ponies, first at Iccy infront of him in line, then at the two fillys behind him in the line. "Well-- we've got the big monster on the cover-- whatever it is--" he began to muse, "So what if whatever it is has some kind of control over time-- trying do something to create a paradox or something along those lines to just make time stop?"

"You know what that silhouette reminds me of?" Blackberry asked to the others, as he thought about it, "the statue of Koloktos that Ahuizotl brought to life in Shrine of the Silver Money... and that was just a living statue of Koloktos... imagine if that was just a lead up for the introduction of Koloktos himself to rip time apart!" Blackberry said curiously.
Back to top Go down
xFaith

xFaith

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Flora nodded thoughtfully at the grey unicorn's insights. "It could I guess... I would never mess with it. I would be scared of changing something important, like with the butterfly effect, y'know?" She sighed, watching him pull out a sandwich. "I'll just have a bite, if that's alright?" She says, smiling.
She listened to the darker stallion quietly, nodding her head, then looked confused. "Honestly I don't know anything about any of that... I haven't even read any of the other Daring Do books." A sheepish grin flashed across her face.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Iccy nodded toward The Pegasus, Floating over another Sandwich from the pocket. "W-Well, Until we t-time travel, we'll n-never know." He said, shrugging. "I-In any case, The S-Shadowy Figure IS i-interesting... Maybe I-It could be K-Koloktos, Or, It c-could be something different a-altogether."

He hummed in thought for a moment... "I-If it DOES involve T-Time Travel, I-I think... I think w-we might have a t-team-up of Daring and h-her mother." He Mused, nodding.

And, Finally, Back to The Pegasus, he nodded and smiled. "T-The Library has t-the rest of t-the series, if y-you're I-Interested..."
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:21 am

Moon Whistle nodded at the pegasus. "Don't worry, it has been a long time I've read the rest of the series, so I need to catch up to it, too."
She then turned to Blackberry's and Iccy's direction and said, "It would be rather interesting, if the shady figure was something completely new - but I'm not sure if that would be just some lazy writing or not. It depends."
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:25 am

"I'd like to imagine that, whatever that is, has been something that the books have been leading up to for a while," Blackberry explained, "It'd feel silly if the final book in all this just had some random evil power that just came out of the blue..." he said.

He turned his head quickly in surprise to look at Flora in surprise, "You havn't read any of the books yet?" he asked, "and you're choosing to start out with the last one? arent you afraid of spoilers?" he asked honestly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The end of an era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of an era   The end of an era I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The end of an era
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Equestria :: Ponyville :: The Library-
Jump to: