My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Here, There and Everywhere

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Here, There and Everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 9:17 pm

Bright Eyes had spent the better part of the day inside the library, beneath the glaring lights with her muzzle in a book.  There were countless books and novels on the shelves on the new library, more than she could ever hope to read, but she had found a couple that were particularly helpful.  One even mentioned enchanted arrows, though it did little to help solve the puzzle, beyond knowing that such a thing indeed existed.

The azure mare had also uncovered an interesting one, quite different from ones she had read before: stories of romance, the sort of things she had never bothered to look at.  But she had a newfound curiosity about such mysterious topics.  It was this book, bound in burgundy, that she was currently flipping through with the use of her magic, her horn glowing it's typical glittering gold shade as her blue eyes scanned over the words printed before her.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 9:32 pm

The library door opened ajar as Aero poked his head in. His eyes scanned the shelves and tables, confirming this was indeed the library and that Bright was here. He spotted her in a far corner before he fully entered the building.

The day had gone by quickly for him. His flights around Ponyville had sadly revealed very little to him, except for some wild, unpredictable weather occurring over the Everfree and that the cider season this year was going to be particularly good considering the vast amount of barrels he'd seen stocked around the local farms.

In contrast to these observations, his questions to the locals had been rather unfruitful. Few seemed to be able to give him any leads to go on, nor did many understand what he was looking for. In truth, neither did Aero, other than unusual or suspicious occurrences. Thankfully, he had managed to find Ave, one of the few ponies who were probably more observant than he was. He'd invited the earth pony to join him on visiting the library to find Bright. Perhaps together, they could unravel this mystery.

"There she is," he said to Ave, before trotting over to Bright who was predictably buried in a lofty tome, "Hey, how's it going? Find anything useful?"

Last edited by Fireseeker on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 9:39 pm

Ave slowly trodded in. Earlier, when Aero swooped in, his fake smile had rescinded to his flat face, which showed no emotion. Now it was the same. He felt no need to lie and deceive anyone while Aero was around, nor any need to deceive Aero or his friends. Ave trotted next to the two, Waiting for Bright Eyes to have answer Aero's question, before following up with his own speech.

An emotionless almost droning voice escaped ave's mouth, it was strange to listen to."Nice to meet you. My name is Inty Average. But just call me Ave." he said. It was a surprise to himself, and likely aero aswell that Ave had so little issue instantly speaking in his emotionless drab of a tone. His 'true' voice if you will. He had thought indeed at what he had been seeing the last few days around the alleyways of ponyville.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 9:48 pm

So engrossed in her latest read, Bright Eyes failed to notice when her friend and his acquaintance entered the building.  It wasn't until she heard his familiar tones questioning her that she realized she was no longer alone.  Horrified, her face flushed a deep red hue, and she quickly shoved her current book away from her, shutting it quickly so that Aero wouldn't be able to see the nature of what she had been reading - which would clearly reveal itself to be about something quite different than magical mysteries.

Her attention was first drawn to the stranger that accompanied her pegasus friend, and she looked to him with a polite smile as he introduced himself in a voice with no inflection, no feeling at all.  His flat affect was puzzling, but she smiled nonetheless with a polite nod.  "I'm Bright Eyes.  It's a pleasure to meet you." She looked back to Aero, eyebrow arched curiously.  "Are you two friends?" She realized she hadn't responded to Aero's inquiries, replying hurriedly. "No, no, not really.  I know that enchanted arrows have been used throughout history, but that was essentially all."
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Aero took a half stepped back in shock at Bright's very panicked reaction to his arrival. He could practically feel the gush of air hitting him from the speed of her slamming her book shut. The noise seemed to echo in the library, receiving a 'sssh' from across the room by the librarian. The pegasus gave a double take to Ave, his expression assuring the earth pony that this wasn't a normal occurrence.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," he said in a hushed tone, taking a seat beside her at the table. It was disappointing to hear she hadn't found much but at least she had made some findings on the enchanted arrow. "That's a shame. I couldn't find anything myself either."

He gestured to Ave. "Ave's a friend from here in Ponyville. I thought he might be able to help us, but I figured it was best if you explain what's going on."

In truth, Aero hadn't wanted to tell Ave everything without Bright Eye's permission. It was a personal matter for her and while he wouldn't normally shy away from doing what needed to be done, he didn't feel right with openly talking about issues so close to her.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 10:04 pm

Ave replied to Aero's expression with a good dose of nothing. Gotta love the amount of subtle communication you can do with an expression issue. As she mentioned enchanted arrows, he took an interest, but didn't directly follow upon it, because he wasn't given enough clues. he was a more cautious type. He took a seat himself and took a look at the books Bright Eyes was reading. Good chances are he already have skimmed these books and anything on magic because of his previous.. Ventures.

Ave moved his deadpan expression towards Bright, but noticed she wasn't in full comfort. He used his skill to change it to a soft smile and a warm, round expression. It felt welcoming to the core, he hoped he'd manage to coax her a little bit into letting him help this way. Aero could easily see it and know it for what it truly was, a lie, but it was a danmed good lie, as to be expected from Ave, and easily made Aero feel a little more welcomed than Ave's usual stony face.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 10:11 pm

She was so flustered, she didn't even care that the librarian, a mint green earth pony, was glaring in their direction as they conversed.  The library wasn't full, and the few other ponies frequenting the building didn't seem to notice the trio's conversation.  The notion that the new pony Ave might be helping them was met by a confused blink as her focus turned from one stallion to the other. She wasn't sure if it was wise to allow a third party to come along. But if Aero thought it was a good idea...  "Well, you see, I was visiting the village of Trottingham several days ago.  My parents live there, but they are missing.  The only clue to be found thus far is an arrow, which is apparently magical, but it doesn't help much."
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Aero caught Bright's hesitant glance towards Ave. Perhaps she was doubting the earth pony's ability to handle the situation, or maybe just unsure if they should involve him or not. Or more likely, she was just unsettled by him despite Ave's comforting smile, fake as he knew it was. Aero had to admit that his friend could be very standoffish, but having gone through an ordeal with him already, he trusted him with this as well.

The pegasus sat quietly as Bright recounted their situation, glancing over to pile of books she had by her side. He was once more in awe at her ability to simply skim through pages of knowledge and take it all in for use in their quest. Celestia only knows what useful information she was tucking away in the recesses of her mind for later use when they had interrupted...
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 10:26 pm

"An enchanted arrow? Strange colourful tip, A tad too long for an average archer, per chance? Back end with small red strings?" he said, curiously describing the arrow perfectly, as if he had known more. Although, he looked down himself. he seemed to be thinking about something. "If so.." he said, barely giving Bright the time to say a long reply. "You're on the right track. I usually don't pay attention around me, but i do liek to stay unnoticed... However i've noticed someone else, trying the same. Using the same passages as me. He once fled me, leaving a Fletcher's kit behind. He was apparently making arrows in that alleyway. Since then, i've tried to ghost him a bit, but i haven't been able to find much." His emotionless tone was hushed perfectly. Others could not hear him. he wanted to keep this information to Bright Eyes and Aero, and e knew how to keep his volume down.

He continued his thought by rubbing his thoughtful hooves to his chin. "Aero, Tell me, what do Trotter lane south, Wagon Way east and Neightton lane east have in common?" he was evidently deep in thought, because he didn't know himself. All three roads had some alleyways between them, and they were all located close to Ponyville's edge. Close to the Everfree, to be exact.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 10:32 pm

As Ave began to describe the arrow she and Dawn Shard had found - down to every last detail, including the red strings attached to it - Bright Eyes watched him speaking, amazed. How could he have known? But before the mare had an opportunity to ask, Ave had continued in a quiet voice, telling them about a pony he had seen recently. His description did little to ease Bright's troubled thoughts, and a frown tugged at the corners of her lips as she considered this. "It sounds quite probable that the pony you speak of has something to do with my parents' vanishing. Enchanted arrows are not exactly common in this day and age. But why?" She questioned aloud, in a whisper, mostly to herself than to the stallions. This new information made her feel a new wave of worry.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 10:42 pm

Aero's eyes widened a touch at Ave's quick assessment of the arrow. A mysterious archer wandering around Ponyvillle? His serious, stoic expression betrayed a hint of admiration for Ave's drive to hunt for this mystery pony. Not many would be so dedicated as to try and track him down. He was glad he had been proven right about bringing Ave into this to help Bright Eyes. Her theory of him being linked to her parents seemed highly likely, given the nature of the arrow.

As for why...that was still anyone's guess to make. Aero tried to address Ave's question. His wings shift at his side as he looked to the ceiling as he drew a mental map of Ponyville in his mind.

"Well, they're all connected together, but not much else. They don't run in the same direction, they aren't all similar lengths, and they don't start from the same area in town," he mused aloud, before something clicked in his mind. His tone hinted at the slight revelation, "But they do all end at the town's edge, next to the Everfree forest. And that would be a perfect place to hide out if you're a pony skulking in the shadows."

It was still just a theory, but the coincidences seemed to be tallying up higher than could be coincidental. This idea was moving into the realm of possibility. Aero's mind was alive, trying to link any possible further connections when another one came to him.

"Come to think of it, the weather over the Everfree seemed rather unruly today. Granted, it's always unmonitored but today it seemed particularly more...Aero's hoof circled as he contemplated the correct word for a moment, "chaotic, than usual."

Last edited by Fireseeker on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 10:47 pm

Ave nodded. "That all seems about right. if anything, he's likely hiding around there. However the Everfree forest isn't somewhere you enter unprepared, as me and Aero know all too well now." Ave said, giving Aero a soul-piercing gaze with his emotionless eyes. He however then looked back to the books around. "Luckily... I have most of the preparation done, from the last attempt. And i'm all healed up, too. i take it your wings are good too, Aero?" He asked. he was genuinely concerned for Aero, although it could be hard to tell since he didn't really put much emotion to his voice.

Ave waited for the response, letting the two say anything short if they needed too, before continuing. "I'll make my way towards my home, to pick up my stuff and organize them. You two scout out the entrance of the everfree a bit, see if anything inside has changed. I'll come bring you two my map and anything else i can find to help when i got it all. Sound like a plan?" Ave did not like having more ponies trying not to be noticed in his town. It made a town seem more suspicious and the alleyways become more watched. That's the last thing he needed, because he wanted to be able to hide, if necessary for some... 'strange' reason.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 10:59 pm

The news that Aero and Ave had ventured into the Everfree Forest together caused the mare's gaze to fix upon Aero, lips pursed. She didn't like to hear that he had put himself in danger in such a way. But now was no time for a lecture in safety. She listened to both of the stallions, expression lacking any semblance of her usual joy and enthusiasm. Bright Eyes had no desire to go into the dark, disturbing forest, but logically, it made sense that whoever was the cause of the problems would be hiding in such an awful place.

Quietly, she pushed the books she had been looking through off to the side of the table where the librarian would be able to find them. She didn't have any room in her rucksack to take any of these books with her - and she certainly wouldn't dare to touch the romance book again with Aero so close. She jumped from her chair and hurried toward the door, glancing back to make sure that Aero was close behind. The news of a possible villainous brute lurking about Ponyville helped to erase the awkwardness of sorting through her feelings for the stallion... But it wasn't any better. Now she was certain danger awaited them.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 11:10 pm

Aero acknowledged Ave's plan with a nod. It seemed as thorough as any plan he'd conceive himself. He was seemingly unaware of how most ponies avoided the Everfree like the pony pox. To him, the inherent danger was often another part of work, and something he didn't feel concerned about.

"Sounds good to me. We have our things packed already," he agreed, before remembering that Bright was part of the party too and should have a say in this, "You up for it Bright?"

Now looking her way, Aero noticed Bright sliding her pile of books away for collection by the library. Considering the research she had been doing, he was surprised that she seemed reluctant to hold onto any of them in case they proved useful. "You want to sign out any of those books? I can carry them if you need."
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Ave sensed there was something more to the words the two held for one another. They cared. they knew one another. Maybe even something more than just friendship? It was not his place. His envy needed not do anything here. Keep a straight face, and get out. That is what he cared for. And as such, the moment the two were distracted with one another, Ave was already walking away. he had learned to trot as silent as a feline in all his years of hiding. Ifnot from others, from himself.

The two obviously didn't need Ave's feelings or words right now. The Mare seemed worried, panicked, even. He left, walking right alongside Bright Eyes, although a mix of his size, expression, and silence made it easy to ignore him, to not save any of that information to memory. Except perhaps the notice of a blank flank. something very unusual for someone his age. Had Bright not different things on her mind, she'd have many questions to ask Aero. But for now, Ave was gone.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 12:47 am

“Yes, I am ready-“  Her head snapped in Aero’s direction and her eyes grew wide, willing him silently to leave the stack of books alone.  Most were relevant, but that one particular book… “No, I’ve gained everything I can from those books.”  She scolded herself mentally for allowing the distraction from what was most important: finding her mum and dad.  Ave slipped by her, and Bright Eyes watched him as he left, her mind jumbled.

She waited for Aero, since she really didn’t know her way around Ponyville as he did.  “I must admit, I have never strayed far into the Everfree Forest.”  She had always been cautious, always played it safe, but the trail to solving the mystery seemed to point to the unfriendly woods.  She had seen pictures of its strange beasts in books, and the thought only added to the anxiety she was striving to suppress.  “But it sounds as if you and Ave do have some experience,” she hinted with a wry, halfhearted smile.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 6:51 pm

Aero watched Ave slip out, barely catching his friends exit before his attention returned to Bright. He saw a moment of shock in her expression as she insisted she didn't need the books. If he didn't know any better, he thought he recognised a flicker of angry in her eyes as well. He must be seeing things if that was the case. He couldn't recall Bright ever being angry. Regardless, he didn't push the point any further.

Aero lead the way towards the exit, intent on heading to the Everfree and being ready for the journey. It seemed like he had been right in his views on other ponies fearing the forest, as no sooner had he begun to trot did Bright voice her inexperience. The tone in her voice hinted at concern. He looked back to her, giving a little shrug.

"We have experience," he repeated, "I've been in a few times, and last time we went together. It's not so bad if you know what to look out for and keep your guard up."

Aero went to turn away again when he suddenly considered Bright's emotional state. He looked back again, this time with a little reassuring smile.

"Don't worry. Stick by us and you'll be alright. Besides, you're capable Bright. You can handle yourself."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Ponies across Equestria grew up hearing scary tales of the Everfree, cautionary stories meant to instill both wariness and suspicion of the place.  Somehow, it seemed less surprising that the journey would soon lead into the foreboding forest.  Naturally, Bright Eyes felt a sense of trepidation at the prospect of going in.  But there were no other options than to press forward - and better in a trio than venturing into the dangerous unknown alone.

The mare tried to allow her friend’s gentle expression and words to reassure her, and perhaps in a different mindset, she would have blushed, or felt shy.  But silently, she scolded herself for wasting even a few precious minutes in the library on something other than the rescue of her parents.  There was no time for daydreams or frivolous thoughts, not now.

With a deep breath, she cast a final look inside the library… If only she could take all of it with her into the woods. A minute had passed in silence before she finally offered a quiet response as she stepped out into the afternoon sunshine outside the library.  “I know.  I trust you, and if you trust that stallion, I will trust him, as well.”
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 11:56 am

Although muted, Bright's reply seemed to portray some level of comfort from his words. Aero was glad that he'd managed to struggle with the correct words, seeing as it wasn't his strongest area. Give him a physical challenge anyway over trying to keep somepony emotionally stable. Thinking about it, perhaps that was why he was so quick to volunteer to help Bright on this journey. The only way he knew he could properly help was to leap to the call of action. Despite this moment of clarity, Aero didn't stop to consider just why he was so keen to help Bright...

With nothing else needed to be said or done, it was time to head of to the Everfree. Following her lead, Aero followed Bright outside where they he was met by Celestia's sun. The rays of light shone down on them, offering warmth and comfort from above. However, the day had a surprising coolness to it, that was only going to grow colder as they entered the Everfree...

((Finished in the library, methinks?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here, There and Everywhere   Here, There and Everywhere I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here, There and Everywhere
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Equestria :: Ponyville :: The Library-
Jump to: