My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 am

There was a hesitant moment where Aero was unsure if his hug was the right call to make. However, when he felt Bright's own hoof embrace him, he knew he could relax safe in the knowledge he'd done the right thing. She felt her tears soaking into his coat as she cried. Her hoof trailed across his wing as his own rubbed her back, tracing circles repetitively in a soothing motion. Despite the high emotions of the moment, it was oddly calming and serene to be holding each other. Aero could swear he was outright calm in that embrace...

Eventually, Bright Eyes broke away as she rubbed the tear marks away against his neck. He gave her a reassuring smile to let her know everything was okay as he brushed her forelock away from obscuring her face. A sudden movement in his peripheral made Aero's head spin to assess the new arrival but relief came when he recognised Ave. He stood up, still close to Bright Eyes, as he noted that Ave had likely witnessed most of that scene. He hoped that Bright would not less comforted at the notion.

"We ran into that elusive archer friend of yours. We got by okay," he replied, taking some bandaging for himself before thinking twice and passing it to Bright. "He'd set a trap for us, so I'm guessing he's got more waiting ahead. The way I see it, we can only carry on as we planned. We go further into the Everfree, and stop soon for the night. Get a fresh start for tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 3:16 am

A single ear flicked at the sound of movement nearby - and almost instantly, she was back on four hooves, readying herself to go again if the crystal pony had returned.  She was so relieved to see Ave instead of the archer appear from behind the tree, it didn't occur to her to be embarrassed to have been caught so close to Aero Dynamic.

Bright Eyes glanced back to her shoulder - there was only the faintest hint of blood from the attack, but it wasn’t a wound she could do anything about except give it a few days, as it would be tender for a while.  She shook her head when bandages were offered. “No, thank you.  Don’t worry about me,” she responded to Ave, trying her best to look as if she was just fine.

She had to appreciate the stallion’s preparedness.  Normally, she had no issues thinking ahead, planning for all circumstances - but her mind was pulled in all directions.  She scarcely felt like herself, all scatter-brained and committing acts of violence.

Despite her readiness to proceed, she was relieved when Aero suggested the trio wait for the morning light to continue further, as her own energy was depleted from the brief but tense fight. “Good idea, Aero.  I will follow you.”

Tired as her body was, her mind still raced with newfound possibilities.  “Whoever he was, that pony had the answers we need He must work for this so-called Inferno,” she mused aloud, voice hushed, staring off again toward the direction the pink stallion had vanished into dark and ominous woods. “Which means there's somepony even worse out there.  They are hiding something in this forest.”
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 12:36 pm

The both seemed on guard, but Ave did not mind. He had received more toxic replies in the past. Truly, if it hadn't been up to his talent, he'd likely have gotten sent away for giving them rude or doubtful looks. But he kept his nice face on, for now. "Don't be stubborn, we've enough bandages." He said to Bright Eyes. He hoped she wouldn't refuse, regardless if she did or not, he would give her his logic when he spoke once more, saying "Everfree is a dangerous place, and i will not tolerate you bleeding or having any weakspots while traveling through it. Some of these trees are already poisonous on their own, for celestia's sake.", his words emitting an air of concern for Bright eyes, looking at her with a worried expression. After bandaging her, he walked away, to his bags and got a map.

"Alright, so we're expecting more traps and you two would like somewhere to sleep, however, not back in ponyville since you want to continue on a little further. If there's someone else in the forest stalking us, i suggest we take the most peaceful route around." Ave said, his voice suddenly dropping an octave and sounding more cold and serious, scanning his map and already drawing imaginary lines. He only had 'peaceful' on his mind, forgetting some key details, although likely, the other two had no reason to doubt Ave. "Aero, firstly, could you take a 5 minute walk around just to check where the traps are? might be easier to plan a route if we know what has been blocked off with traps." Ave simply said, staring at Aero with cold eyes that Aero knew was his real expression.

Last edited by Fantasy Flicker on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited out improper text which might be seen as suggesting into themes not permitted on this website.)
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 4:45 pm

Although Aero knew Ave's emotions were faked to put across his point, his words made sense. Even if it was only a small injury, it was best if Bright dressed her wound. Any disadvantage in the Everfree was a disadvantage worth taking care of, no matter how small. Reconsidering himself, Aero inspected his own pain to see if there any harm done by the archer. Running his hoof along his side, he felt some bruising but nothing else, Sadly, nothing a bandage could do to help.

All the while, he contemplated Bright's musings. It was certain that Inferno was hiding out here with the archer and Celestia knows how many other ponies, with Bright's parents in tow. The question was how would they find them? The Everfree was no small place. He'd have to think on this...

Aero snapped to attention when Ave started setting out a plan. The short earth pony may not be quick under pressure but with a little time, his ideas were effective and infallible. Unlike many others, Aero was glad to see the stoic look on his face. He took a moment to be thankful that Ave had agreed to join them. They needed a level-headed intellectual like him. Aero was glad to have his company in the Everfree once more.

"On it," he replied simply, taking off into a hover barely inches from the ground to hopefully avoid further tripwires. With that, he moved away on a quick recce of their surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 am

Using her magic, she reluctantly accepted the bandages, wrapping her shoulder as best she could. Even the minimal energy needed made her head ache.  Ave’s concern was puzzling, but Bright Eyes smiled politely, nodding in gratitude.

Behind glass, the mare’s light blue eyes widened at the suggestion that Aero scout the nearby area for other potential traps - something that Aero and Ave were certain existed deeper within the woods.  It was impossible to feel safe in that moment, and she felt panic when Aero took to the air.  She watched the gray wings as they carried the stallion, though not far from the ground. The unicorn didn’t follow, as she would only slow down his search.

When the familiar pegasus’ form was gone from sight, her focus returned to the earth pony.  It occurred to Bright Eyes that if one pony followed Inferno, it was likely others shared a similar, sick vision for Equestria.  “There must be others,” she stated aloud, voicing her suspicions.  “This is bigger than we thought.”  A frown tugged at the corners of her lips, but she kept her head held high.  “What should I do to help?”

She was so far beyond her comfort zone, she could no longer glimpse that sense of safety she had enjoyed not so long ago.  Bright didn’t know Ave, but she suspected her survival relied on him.  If she was to make it through this, she would have to trust him.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 10:44 am

Ave was silent for a second as she asked the question. He mentally juggled some thoughts concerning Bright's mental state. What -Was- he going to tell her? The smartest was likely to simply tell her that which would keep everyone safe. "We're not heroes... at least, not that i know of. And even though you're undeniably brave and strong of heart, there's no shame in keeping a cool head. I say we focus on the most important part. Getting home safely, objective in sight. We run in, do what we can for you parents, and get home." He said. Ave no longer knew himself if he was being honest or manipulating. It did not matter to him, though. He wanted Bright calm and everyone here safe.

"Your magic will undoubtedly become essential to our safety, i'm just not sure how right this second. keep your mind clear, and there's nothing you won't be able to overcome." He said, doing his thing and giving her a reassuring smile. He would give more motivational speeches, but he was completely out of positive energy. He actually didn't have the highest hopes for this mission himself, and only came cause he wanted them to be safe. Maybe also to get his previous chapter in the forest behind him...
But not that he'd ever show that to either of them.

((Fire, you're free to have Aero return and have us continue with the route now, but you're also free to skip if you want Ave & Bright's conversation to continue with one round. i'm fine with either.))
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Aero flew quietly amongst the Everfree as he surveyed his surroundings carefully. His gaze set on the sight of another makeshift cage trap, as well as toppled trees and branch barriers that were clearly unnatural when closely inspected. It was evident that the archer didn't want them getting far. But to where?

His solitude allowed him to calm himself down, as he was still buzzing with energy from the fight and the experience afterwards. He hadn't considered the possibility that Bright might not be up for the task. He knew he was experienced enough in dealing with traumatic and stressful situations to handle what might be thrown at him. From what he knew about Ave, it seemed the earth pony did too. Bright, on the other hoof, could be a liability.

He mentally slapped himself at the thought. He hated to think about her that way. He had to trust her, to hope that she'd be able to pull through. He knew she could pull through. For her parents, and possibly for others in Equestria who were in danger.

Aero continued to scour the forest, trying to figure out a possible pattern or for any hints as to the direction they should head...
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 4:02 pm

We’re not heroes… Do what we can for your parents.  The stallion’s words ruminated within the mare’s brain as she listened to him.  Though she was normally an optimist, it struck her in that moment that they could be wasting their time entirely.  Her parents could already be dead.  They wouldn’t have fought back - they wouldn’t even know how.  But why would the pink pony or his master care to take two eggheads like her mother and father?  Quietly, she murmured, “I just hope it’s not too late.” She tried to return a reassuring smile of her own on her white muzzle.

As the only unicorn present in the would-be rescue mission, Bright Eyes knew that the earth pony’s words held some truth.  But a harsh truth was beginning to sink in - she had no idea how to fight, and nothing she had learned in her years of studies offered much help.  She glanced back to her rucksack and the books she had gathered.  Slowly, she let the bag fall to the ground, where she began to rummage through it with her hooves until she produced a book, bound in black.

It was a heavy collection - all about dark magic. “I believe we will need this,” she started, placing the book on the ground.  “If a crystal pony has his hooves on dangerous magic, then Celestia only knows what else we will encounter.”
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 4:15 pm

Ave watched her grab the book. His heart skipped a beat as a familiar feeling overcame him. "No. We won't be needing that." he said, his tone suddenly sounding completely dead inside. his face drained completely of emotion. It made it hard not to take him seriously when he was giving such a straight look. "We've more strength together than such a book could ever offer." he said, his voice still flat. She could not tell if he was angry, protective, afraid. Anything. His voice lacked each and every emotion.

"We'll save you parents, they'll be fine and we won't be using that book." he reassured her in his strange voice, head turning away from her. "Aero should be back any second now. He'll know how the traps have been set up and we'll plan a route. We'll scour the forest and do the job." he said, suddenly sounding different, like he was more dedicating to finishing the job and less so to keeping himself safe. He wanted to be past that chapter of his life. A deep hate for the everfree forest was welling inside of him. A shame, it was a place he used to somewhat enjoy, at least, the outskirts of it.

For Aero: The traps were set up in a long line, aprox. 50 yards away from the edge of the everfree forest. The traps did not continue deeper into the forest, and never appeared closer to the edge. They were made to trap everyone who came into the forest from ponyville, not really giving the group a proper clue of where to be.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 5:50 pm

After satisfying himself with an adequate reconnaissance of the area, Aero looped back around to reach Ave and Bright. He approached the pair, landing nearby as he trotted the rest of the distance.

"Good news and bad news," he stated, trying to at least sound optimistic, "The good news is the traps and barriers seem to be set up along the edge of the forest, so we should be clear for the rest of the journey further in. The bad news is that it doesn't give us any idea of where to search exactly."

Aero pulled to a stop next to the pair. He was sure the three of them could make it through the Everfree, at least for a while. However, the forest was a large place and three ponies wandering aimlessly through the danger that lurked amongst the trees was not a good idea. He looked between Bright and Ave, wondering if they had been discussing the matter as well. The black book went unnoticed.

"Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Bright Eyes watched, puzzled, as the book she produced seemed to impact Ave unexpectedly.  The expression slipped away from his features, and an eyebrow arched curiously as he spoke, the mare’s confusion apparent on her own facade.  “I only thought—“  she began, but she stopped herself, sensing that an argument would not be beneficial.  She only intended to read about past maniacal ponies and the magic they used, to gain some insight into what they would be facing.  Later, when she had a moment of privacy, she would peek inside the heavy novel.

For now, she was more than a little grateful when Aero soon returned.  She was relieved to hear no further traps waited in their path - but less so when she considered they didn’t have a destination in mind.  For a moment, she fell silent as she picked apart  the interaction with the unnamed crystal stallion.  Her eyes narrowed at the dirt as she thought carefully.  “Well, we know that the pink one serves another called Inferno.  The archer responded when I asked why.  Inferno intends to rule Equestria, and the pink one intends to see it through.  By force, it appears, clandestinely.”

An old book she had read years ago came to recollection - an old history book, detailing the history of Equestria and the lives and times of Princess Celestia and her sister, Luna.  “And what does every monarch need?  Subjects. And a castle.”  She looked to Aero, since she knew he had been to the Castle of the Two Sisters (much to her unease), uncertainty etched on her pale face.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 7:00 am

A Book, A Castle, A quest. Life loves it's irony, doesn't it. Ave thought to himself. He had went dead silent at the suggestion of the castle. He would be frowning right now... But he didn't want to fake a frown to scare the two off. After all, he was part of this now, and while he usually didn't see things through, he knew he wouldn't run off now. As the two laid out their suggestions, Ave looked at the map and his eyes zipped from right to left as they scanned the whole thing at speed, reading all the little notes and dangers he had drawn on the map to get a proper idea of where to go.

When he had finished up, The emotionless brown pony simply picked up the map, Placed it in his saddlebag and walked to a nearby tree. He wordlessly looked back to the other two, waiting for them to follow. If the two didn't know better, they'd say he was a mute or something, right now. But he simply waited for them to follow the course he had planned out.

In truth, he appreciated Bright's intelligence, as it made it so that it was much more likely for the three to be able to finish this adventure as lively as possible. He was merely irritated at having to revisit the danmed castle, with enemies there and a goal there aswell. It was enough of a tartarus-bent hole as it was, and with other ponies hunting them while they were in it? He'd shudder, but he was in control of that, too. His lack of emotion might come off as disregard for Bright Eyes and her smart thinking, but he did not see this as irritation clouded his vision. He just wanted to get this on with, and get to the location he had planned out for their night of rest.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:12 am

The moment the word 'castle' left Bright Eyes' lips, a feeling of lingering dread creeped into Aero's mind. The ancient ruins were unpredictably perilous, more so than the Everfree forest in some ways. He cast a doubtful look to Ave as he thought about their last trip to the castle. But he'd wager Bright was correct in her assumption. It was an existing settlement in the Everfree to establish a hideout and one that few would ever venture to.

Aero watched Ave as the brown pony packed away his map and made a start into the forest. He had a keen knowledge and understanding of the Everfree through use of his map and notes, so it was evident that his guiding the group through the woods was the best decision. Knowing the earth pony, he'd already plotted the best route to the castle.

"Right. Let's go then," he nodded, confirming the group was all in agreement. As he started walking to Ave, he looked over his shoulder and gave Bright a small, reassuring smile. "Good thinking Bright."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 4:46 pm

The absolute silence that followed her suggestion caused Bright Eyes to shift uncomfortably on her hooves. Was she wrong in her guess? Her focus turning to the towering trees and crooked branches above them. Sure enough, the day would be over soon. The Everfree was disturbing enough during the hours of sunlight - Bright could barely imagine what it was like at night.

Bright Eyes offered a small smile in return for Aero’s reassuring look. His gentle smile gave some sense of solace, which was more than she could muster on her own during that difficult day. "Thank you, Aero." For so many things - a thought she kept to herself.

She was not entirely sure what to make of Ave - in a clearer state of mind, she would already be analyzing everything he had said and done, the expressions or lack thereof. But for now, she trailed behind Aero as he followed the earthy brown pony further in, and closer to solving the mystery.

((On to the next thread? I’m going to start the next post, but if you guys have anything to add to this, that’s fine!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)   Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saving the girl's Parents, Comes with many difficult Errands (CLOSED)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2