My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing) Empty
PostSubject: A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing)   A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 9:22 pm

The sun shone on the green grass that the brown pony sat in, although it was still cold due to the autumn winds kicking in and cooling everything off. the radiant shine of the sun didn't mean much in these times, A scarf was useful for some ponies, not that Ave needed one due to his mane giving him a natural scarf of sorts.

Ave silently blinked as he was sitting close to the ponyville dam, the sound of the water keeping him extra relaxed. Not that any pony could tell due to his expression problem, but nontheless. His nose was buried in a book, it was a horrible book, really. But Ave didn't care, he had some time to kill and it was fun to read a bad book and then rewrite some segments, which is why he had so many post-it notes all over this book, despite it being a novel.

The wind ran some leaves over his book, but he just casually swept them away before grabbing a pen and writing somewhat on another post-it.
man, this book is HORRIBLE. the young earthpony thought to himself. It truely was a horrid abomination of a book, a mix of romance and action, with vampony elements. It was trying to appeal to colts and fillies of teenage age, but it was probably doing a horrible job of both.

Last edited by Ave on Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GhostWing

GhostWing

PostSubject: Re: A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing)   A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:14 am

GhostWing landed on a patch of grass near the pathway that led up to the dam and stretched her wings a bit before pulling them flush to her sides to start walking. Maybe a little bit of fresh air will help with the writer's block, she even had a note pad and quill in her saddle bag in case inspiration happened to hit her during her outing.

Taking in a deep breath, the small pegasus started down the path, looking around at the tree with the season's painted leaves and... Nothing. "Oh sweet Celestia, this is hopeless," She muttered, walking to a grassy area near a good overlook of the dam's waterfall, spotting another pony nearby. "Hope you don't mind a bit of company," GhostWing called to the... kid?
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing)   A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:22 am

"uh? oh, no it's fine. Nice to meet you." Ave said, his voice starting off a bit monotone and flat, but slowly changing into something more cheerful. He didn't intend to scare someone away with his strangeness so quickly. He smiled to her and continued on his book, his voice being far too heavy for that of a Colt. he as just small, like her, although he had a very sturdy face for such a small frame. It was kinda.. Weird to look at, but not too horrid.

He mumbled something to himself as he grabbed another little not paper.. writing a bit down, and looking back in the book, before completely rewriting a few sentences, and then sticking it into the book. He continued reading, paying little mind to Ghostwing. Curiously enough, Ave had no cutie mark or anything to be seen, so he did indeed seem like a young blank flank at first.
Back to top Go down
GhostWing

GhostWing

PostSubject: Re: A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing)   A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 3:04 am

Well, he definitely wasn't young, at least going by his voice. He was just very short, which was a bit refreshing for GhostWing, she wouldn't strain her neck looking up at someone. She sat down in the grass and pulled out her notebook, opening it to a blank page and setting her pencil beside it before looking back over to the stallion.

"It's nice to meet you as well," Ghost said, brightening up when she saw the book. "Oh? And what are you reading, if I might ask?"
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing)   A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 11:47 am

Ave turned his head to her, pen in mouth, nabbing a quick look towards her flank, noticing her wing covered it. "Nothing spectacular. Just a bad book. I rewrite the worst parts of them. It's a form of amusement." He explained in short but pleasant sentences with a bit of a smile, he noticed the notebook though. "Are you a writer or a scientist of sorts?" he asked, since the notebook could mean many things, from scientific findings, to writing down inspiration, to noting down recipes or ideas for making clothing inspired by the autumn weather.

Thusly, Ave tried not too make any assumption, he closed the book for a second and Ghostwing could see it's front cover, seeing it for the true terror and shame of every writer is truely was.
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing)   A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 6:59 pm

(Single post, 'cuz I was bored and gave Serpent a running gag)

A cardboard box inconspicuously scooted across the back ground, before disappearing off screen.
Back to top Go down
GhostWing

GhostWing

PostSubject: Re: A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing)   A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 9:08 pm

GhostWing looked at the book's cover and felt a sudden rage well up in her chest, her face remaining neutral and perfectly hiding the turmoil bubbling just below the surface. The urge to simply rip the abomination from his hooves was overwhelming but Ghost reminded herself that this was a stranger, not a friend and that she couldn't just take things away from strangers.... Still she could do something about the text's offensive presence.

"I am a writer indeed," Ghost said, standing and walking over. "Do you mind if I have a look?"
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing)   A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 10:21 am

Ave nodded as she said she was a writer, but then she said she'd like a look, and he raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure..?" he asked. he wouldn't know why a true writer would want such a bad book in their hands. but nontheless he handed it over. "Please don't do anything to it, though, i've been..." Ave took a deep breath. " 'enjooooying it soooo muuuuuch' " he said with unmistakable sarcasm. He was well aware of -how- bad the book was, but that didn't stop the fact that he was going to send it to his friend, hearth, and have all the internal laughter later.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing)   A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Reading at the Dam. (Ave & GhostWing)
Page 1 of 1