My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Aero glared defiantly at the timberwolf as if daring it to get back up. The animal seemed content to growl on the ground for the moment, but it would be at them again soon enough. At Ave's announcement of a plan and started running, the pegasus followed suit. He flew above Ave as the plan was explained. Using his aerial abilities to their advantage was the smartest tactic. It meant he was relatively safe from harm and could help navigate and if necessary, protect Ave from above.

"Got it," Aero confirmed, before angling his wing tips and rising into the sky. The air currents were rough and wild over the Everfree, making it more difficult to fly than usual, but Aero held firm. He'd flown in rougher skies than this.

He watched as Ave managed to evade one timberwolf, darting between trees faster that Aero thought possible of the short earth pony. However, seeing the path lying ahead of him revealed a pack of three more timberwolves.

"Bear left," Aero shouted, dropping lower overhead of Ave and cutting a path above him in the air, acting as a guide whose path he should follow.

Last edited by Fireseeker on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Ave followed his instructions and looked between the trees to observe aero, following the route and moving his eyes back down to the ground. Ave was glad for his abilities as they allowed him to circumvent the wolves and keep in terrain that was very hard for the wolves to navigate.

He ran forward, merely hoping he could keep up with Aero's instructions, and those seemed to go fine for now. Even as Aero saw a Timberwolf jumping into the thicket from the side, he'd see Ave running on in a matter of seconds. Needless to say Aero couldn't really check on Ave's condition, so the two would have to see how everything was when they had arrived, and preferrably crossed, the river. Ave rushed onwards, working his way through the thicket of roots and branches, unaware of Aero having to deal with the strange air currents.

The two would be rushing through this section of the forest for quite a while, and Ave likely had multiple run-ins with timberwolves down there, but he was very silent the full trip through. Eventually the two did indeed reach the river, and Aero could see the spot where the river split in two for a short bit to make way for an island... or atleast, where it did when the water was low!

Arriving at the rocky side of the river, well aware that Timberwolves were still on his tail, Ave directly looked upwards. He noticed the direction Aero flew in and instantly followed in that direction, eventually noticing the spot... However, the water was rushing and high, and there was a thin layer of water rushing over the island Ave intended to jump on! he worriedly screeched to a stop and looked at the surroundings. Possible trees, loose branches, other rocks... anything. He didn't see anything in direct sight, seemingly freezing up on the spot. What could he do? risk the jump onto the slippery surface and hope he made it to the other side? but that would be a huge risk. In his frozen stature, it was like he didn't even notice the Timberwolves hot on his tail.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:24 am

Aero soared overhead, constantly checking to ensure Ave was on his tail. He saw the earth pony in a few close encounters with their attackers but managed to evade them. The pegasus himself was having trouble keeping low enough to keep in sight. Stray branches and crooked trunks protruded from the treelike of the Everfree, making flying low a game of dodging and weaving. Thankfully, Aero was an able flyer and particularly adapt at these types of manoeuvres. If anything, he was getting strong flashbacks to when he earned his cutie mark, being chased by a dragon while evading through the woods.

The forest below began to open up as the forking river divided the foliage like a spear. Aero's eyes scanned for the island Ave had mentioned and spotted it about the same time the earth pony seemed to. He too spotted the river's water washing over the island in dismay. This effectively ruined Ave's plan. silently cursing to himself, Aero looked back to see their pursuers were quickly closing the gap. His eyes moved between Ave and the timberwolves a few times as a plan formulated in his mind.

Ordinarily, Aero would move to lift the pony over the river; he could take the weight of a normal pony for a short while without much trouble. But the imminent attack of the timberwolves on Ave left no time for careful lifting and manoeuvring. Gritting his teeth, Aero set off towards Ave in a dive. He narrowly avoided crashing into the side of an approaching timberwolf as he skimmed barely above the ground, so close that his wing tips actually brushed an area of tall grass.

He approached Ave from behind with intense speed and at the last minute, angled his wings upwards. With hooves outreached, Aero effectively scooped Ave off the ground, narrowly avoiding the jaws of an attacking timberwolf. All the air was knocked out of Aero as he prayed the momentum was enough carry them over the river. Time seemed to slow as the two ponies hung in the air, before they came crashing down on the opposing river bank. Aero controlled his landing, rolling over on his a few times before coming to a stop on his belly.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:34 am

Ave just laid there, on the opposite side of the river, panting in astonishment. He stood up, although one leg was a bit weak. He noticed Aero was close to the water, Aero's hindlegs softly dragging him in. As little energy and strength Ave had, he went up to Aero and pulled him out of the water, onto the rocky side by the river. Ave sat down after placing Aero somewhere safe.

"Well.. that sure did transpire, but it seems the situation is less dire." Ave said in his most flat voice. the roughing now fully revealed Ave's cutie mark. two theater masks. Ave looked at Aero's Cutie mark. "If that Cutie mark means the strength and speed of a dragon, i must say it fits like an earth pony with a wagon." He nodded to Aero, his eyes shining but the rest of his face as lacking of emotion as they come. "thanks. Without you, i wouldn't have made it this far, which considering the everfree, isn't so bizarre." Ave said. There was something.. odd about Ave not pretending to use emotions, but speaking so flatly instead. At the same time, it sounded... genuine, in a strange way.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 12:20 pm

After the rough landing, Aero was quite winded. He was vaguely away of his hindlegs dipping into the rushing torrent of the river and panicked at the thought of slipping in. His attempts to stand were thwarted by his momentary loss of strength. A sudden grip and dragging sensation made him aware of Ave, as the earth pony thankfully pulled him to safety.

Aero was content to lay down for a second to catch his breath. His eyes scanned the other side of the river where he spotted a pack of timberwolves wailing mournfully that their prey had escaped. It took a moment for his muddled brain to make sense of Ave's words. His rhyming didn't help.

"It certainly means something like that," Aero commented, shakily standing to his hooves as he looked back at the familiar dark green silhouette on his flank. He bought his attention back to Ave, looking the earth pony up and down while shrugging off the thanks. "No problem. What I'm here for. You okay?"
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 12:39 pm

Ave looked down to his legs, he held one of his hindlegs in a resting position instead of a normal position. "I could be better. Heading through a narrow and thick route with timberwolves everywhere didn't really go perfectly." He sighed.
He looked back to his flank. The theater masks.

Ave waited a while so Aero definitely would have his breath again. "So... are you looking for an explanation or anything?" Ave asked. He was honestly wondering, since earlier on Aero seemed interested enough in the money to let some things slip. Ave was thinking on.. if he'd even tell Aero the tale.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 12:53 pm

It was clear to see Ave was a little beaten from the rough escape, which his own admission only confirmed. Aero himself felt rough having basically crashed at high speed. At least he'd planned it and been able to prepare himself for the blow. He experimentally flapped his wings and felt relieved that no pain hit him. Apart from a general aching of muscles, he was rather unscathed. Not a bad price to pay considering how foolhardy the move had been. Just as Ave stated, hindsight might have proven that their route hadn't been the best choice but what was done was done.

"Best get a move on. Might not be long until they figure out a way to reach us," Aero said, gesturing to the timberwolves prowling from a distance, stuck behind the barrier of the river rapids.

The pegasus checked his saddlebags - amazingly everything seemed intact - and started to continue trotting. Ave's question halted him in place. Aero looked back at Ave, his expression

"Your business is your business. You haven't done anything to make me distrust you yet. So no, I won't ask, but if you want to tell me, go ahead,"he offered, giving a nonchalant shrug. His lips perked into a tiny smirk before commenting, "Although I do reckon you owe me now."
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Ave nodded as Aero suggest to get a move on. they weren't too far anymore, and to Ave's calculations, the rest would be careful planning and moving. Not too much action. At the note of owing him, Ave thought. "I'll tell you the basic. and rectify any lie i've told you." he sighed and looked at the sky, walking with only 3 hooves. it was rather loud at the start, but ave took an occasional step with his 4th hoof, and was picking up a non-painful way to trot, quite quickly.

"First things first. Every time you hear me be happy, sad, annoyed, relieved or etcetera by my voice or expression. I'm lying. The way i'm talking to you now is my honest voice, regardless of how i feel." He said. that would mean it'd be nigh impossible to read Ave, all you could do is look into what he's saying and the context, with no way of knowing if it's sarcasm or not. "i don't -like- it having to be that way. So i'm looking if i can find a spell some unicorn can cast on me to undo it." he said. He decided to leave out the detail that he wants to get rid of his cutie mark and his supposed destiny. most ponies wouldn't like the sound of that.

Further on in the woods, Ave looked at Aero infront of him. "Avoid those blue roots to the right and the little reddish purple bulbs straight infront of you. they don't harm you instantly, but weird things might happen if you touch them." he mentioned to Aero, as the two veered away from those and walked on. "Will you.. not tell anyone, or do you need to hear the full story to be convinced?" Ave said, continuing his flat tone, making it impossible for Aero to know if Ave was perhaps irritated, worried or maybe even just being sarcastic about that last sentence? logically, it's probably not sarcasm. He's been doing a lot of effort to hide this so far.
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 7:18 pm

(Single post, 'cuz I was bored and gave Serpent a running gag)

Behind them a pony in a skin tight sneaking suit crawled across the path, brifely glancing at them before continuing to crawl into the thicket on the other side, like a snake.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 7:49 pm

The pair were off again. Aero trotted alongside Ave, feeling the aching in his body beginning to subside. He noted the earth pony's limp and hoped that his leg wouldn't be withholding him for long. A handicap like that in the Everfree could cause big problems if it was serious.

It was a little surprising when Ave conceded to giving Aero an explanation. From what he had seen, Ave wasn't one to so easily reveal information to others if he didn't want to. Aero listened carefully to the explanation, bearing the two drama masks a look during this time. Having an emotionless voice? Emotions expressed only through lies? It certainly wasn't what he had been expecting.

Aero had to admit, while he was often quite calm and stoic himself, this sounded like something he wouldn't be in favour of having either. 'Is a unicorn spell the only way to remove this?' he wondered. 'If so, who could do it? How?' A unicorn would have to either know a spell for it already or learn it...

"You hope to find something in the castle that can help you. A book," Aero spoke his thoughts aloud. To give credit where credit was due, it was certainly a clever idea. Aero could only assume that if Ave was turning to older sources for help, he'd exhausted any existing libraries already. The library of the Castle of the Two Sisters was an untapped well of knowledge in comparison.

Hearing Ave's warning, Aero took a wide berth to avoid the colourful plants pointed out to him. He knew the flora in the Everfree could be just as troubling as the fauna.

"That's enough for me. I won't tell anyone. That's between you and me," Aero asserted, giving the earth pony a small but reassuring smile. He was glad Ave had opened up and been honest, but he wasn't going to push him into telling him everything. He knew all too well that some personal subjects were best left untouched...
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 1:37 pm

With Aero's consideration, a newfound resolve had made it's way into Ave. His limping leg felt better already. He started walking on all fours, and while his face was the same as ever, his heart was filled with new life.

"Thank you." is all he had to say, his voice flat and unrefined, yet solemn in it's own way. Ave's emotions were a subtle sort though, and little of his determination would reach the outside world. Ave looked up against the darkening sky, the tower of the the castle of the two sisters looming overhead. They were close.

"I've never gotten this close to the castle, i must say that it's been quite a hassle. Now, there's nothing but common sense to rise for our defense." Ave nodded to Aero and continued onward, the forest thick around them and intimidating, any danger could be in the final stretch. Every plant and every movement could be one of the last they see, but this didn't seem to stop Ave as his hooves pressed onto the ground as if trying to show it who's boss.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 2:14 pm

The hike continued. Aero reached into his saddlebag with a wing to bring out a bottle of water. The refreshing liquid was cool and inviting after their impromptu exercise running from the timberwolves. He wordlessly offered the bottle to Ave as he listened to his companion.

He had to agree that the journey here had not been easy. At least now that he was more familiar with the route, he could more easily return here on his own via flight if he needed to. Still, he was impressed that Ave had made it here as easily as he had. He was smart with his planning and ideas and tough when action called. The pegasus could easily respect that.

In the approaching distance ahead he could see the Castle of the Two Sisters emerge as they emerged from the forest's confines. The aged stonework seemed to rise out from the trees and foliage around it. Despite the lack of maintenance, the structure was still impressive in size and design. It was easy to imagine the grand castle in its glory days. Between the ruins and themselves dipped a large canyon. A layer of ever present mist crept over the expansive gorge and was only broken by the presence of an old rope bridge.

"Would you like to go first, or should I?" joked Aero, knowing the idea would not be appealing to the earth pony as he noted the aged appearance of the wooden planks running along the bridge's ropes.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Ave nodded and took but a sip of the water. The travels had indeed been dangerous, but Ave was as refreshed as could be. Aero was quick to pick up on cues and determined to get things done, even sacrificing his own health when he recognized that Ave had lost eye of his surroundings. That was commendable and respectable!

The mist and canyon did not seem to catch Ave off guard. he looked the bridge over carefully. "Your wings might be hurt. It might be better if i go first so you don't have to fly to there AND possibly fly back to catch me. Feel free to start flying when i'm halfway, to make sure you keep things as easy as possible on you." He said, thinking it out as he went onto the Creaky wooden boards...

The first step was a bit wonky, but the second two went nice and easy. Ave commented. "take your first step left, then take two on the sides." he mused as he made the fourth step, his left hoof far on the side. As he expected, the plank almost gave in.
"ignore that one if possible, keep it to the side. The next one is simple and sturdy, good wood this is for sure." and another step after that went quite well, too. The step after that gave some creaks, but nothing Ave seemed to worried about. "Left then right on these two, careful with the right hoof, it's rather wonky." Ave then remained still for a while. He was well past half, but the next step seemed to worry him. "risky step this. better if you use your wings by the end." He made a step by the side and erfed as the board fell down, his hoof remained secure on a rope. "all as planned. Now just two last steps." The next one was very creaky. Despite his great care, Ave's hoof fell through!, His other hooves springed into action and held on to what they could, but alas, even with his darnedest efforts, he ended up hanging on the rope by merely a single hoof. He quickly checked his hoof. "Rope is NOT stable! hurry!" He said in a somewhat louder voice, although still as flat as ever. Despite his tone, he was quite afraid. He had done well so far, too, and was practically two steps from the end.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 12:09 pm

As was becoming the norm, Ave's idea seemed to like the best course of action. Aero stood by, ready to move in case he needed to help at a moment's notice.

His wings had so far remained unscathed so he wasn't at all worried about his ability to fly. To carry Ave across the canyon was another thing entirely. Despite his shorter size, Aero doubted he'd be able to support the extra weight of a stallion for very long. It seemed the best option to let him attempt to cross the bridge. If it had held this long, it surely had to be stronger than it looked.

Aero watched, admittedly a little nervously, as Ave began his crossing. He was slow and methodical, which he agreed was a good approach. Soon, the earth pony made it almost the entire length of the bridge. Aero thought for a second that they had avoided mishap but to his dismay, one of the final planks gave way under hoof.

As Ave tumbled down, Aero shot into the air like a rocket. His wings propelled him forward as he approached the earth pony who was clinging onto a rope for dear life. His call for help seemed almost humourlessly pointless. By the time he reached Ave, a plan had formulated it his mind. He touched down lightly close by on the bridge's end. Leaning forward, the pegasus clasped the rope Ave was holding in his mouth. He found purchase on the solid ground and pulled back with all his might in order to lift Ave back up onto the bridge.

"Climph Uff!" he shouted through the rope in his teeth.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 12:21 pm

"The side is too steep! i've got an idea, prepare to pull!" Ave swung a bit towards the edge of the canyon and then gave a royal kick with his hind hooves to the rock, propelling him back a bit. With a might heave, perhaps with the aid of his wings, Aero could manage a pull which was enough for Ave to make a circular motion from his current position. it seemed however he'd just fall down again from where Aero was looking, But Ave let go of the rope with such timing that he was launched into the air a little and towards the edge, landing 'safely' on the side like an acrobat.

Such a move required strong back hooves, proper calculation and timing. Mostly, understanding of balance and center of gravity, but Ave seemed to have no issue with all of that. he stood up on his forelegs with ease. His hindlegs wobbled quite a lot as he stood, the left one giving in and him falling back on his behind. "Darnit. Looks like that kick was harder than i thought it'd be." He sighed. he took a moment to breathe now, just now realizing that Aero might need the same. "Saved my hind-quarters again." he said with a whoof. he had not expected the trip to be -so- perilous. Obviously, the situation with the river was also something he was not prepared for, and this bridge all the same. He was glad he had the foresight to not go alone.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Aero bit down on the rope as hard as he could. His teeth grit together as he fought to maintain a grip with his hooves digging into the ground. Ave was heavier than he had expected and he was starting to slide closer to the cliff edge. As Ave shouted a warning, Aero responded by tensing his muscles in preparation.

He looked down in shock and awe as Ave took on the persona of an gymnast. He fluently flung himself upwards towards the ledge. On cue, Aero pulled back sharply, legs kicked out, wings pumping. The pull up seemed to give Ave the extra strength needed to clear the canyon. The earth pony landing almost gracefully before his back left leg gave way and he collapsed on his flank.

Only when Ave was safely at a stop on solid earth ground did he spit the rope out with a slight gag. Countless years of exposure to the elements proved only to worsen the taste of rope. He shook himself off, surprisingly uninjured by the sudden surge of action.

His eyes set on Ave as they both took a moment to recover. "Don't worry about it. Hope you'll return the favour if I need it," he replied, then commented, "That was quite impressive on your part as well."

Aero stretched out his limbs before his attention turned to the castle, looming in front of them. "Ready to head inside?"
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Ave nodded. "Naturally." he said in reply to returning the favour. ofcourse Ave would do his best to help Aero aswell. that was the safest way to get through the Everfree. Keeping each other's back safe. Ave was glad he managed the feat he just did, and happy that Aero seemed impressed. The two likely had a good idea of one another's abilities by now. Now the next challenge would be finding the library without being harmed.

"yeah, let's go." Ave confirmed. this time he was forced to walk with three legs, no courage could compensate for that. Soon enough he hoped to sit down and read some books though, so that'd be something else to do, which wouldn't require physical strength. The two would think later on how to get back...
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Content that his companion was able to move on - and that he also seemed willing to watch his back - Aero felt ready to take on the Castle. He once again checked his saddlebags to ensure he had everything he might need with him still. Satisfied, he gave a nod in response to Ave and walked with him towards the ruins.

There was no telling what they might find in there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)   A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Foolish quest which will know no Rest(Ave & Aero Dynamic)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2