My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Neighpon Shogunate civil war

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Neighpon Shogunate civil war Empty
PostSubject: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:25 am

---------------

This topic is partially canon. That means that some of it is actually based on events that happen in the same reality as the forum. This event is considered to have happen about 5-10 years ago.

This is effectively pony japan durring the era just before and up to when they industrialized, thus ending the era of the shogun. AKA, 'The Last Samurai', or for those who havent seen that movie, Samurai are replaced with rifles and stuff.

Silver Spur will be my canon character i will play. He formerly was an outlaw bandit in the west of Equestria. He had a gang of ponies with him and some decided to follow him when he went to 'return' to Neighpon where he was born. His motive is not entirely known yet, but his gang does know it has something to do with one of the member he was romantic with trying to kill him.

You can enter this topic any either a member of his gang, or as a Neighponese pony whom will be involved or anything else really. Feel free to ask. Ideas are welcome.

Since this topic will cover most of a whole war, we may do time skips once we have gotten over one significant segment of time. Day by day posting of their lives can only go on so long. This conflict will last years.

Let the Samurai Pony topic commence.

--------------

It rained. While it was welcome for some, Silver was not a fan of it. This harbor city brough back enough memories of old from so long ago, the weathers turn for the worse only seemed to compliment it.

Silver carried his wet bags over his back, having just got off the ship that had taken them here. Those that came with him followed in tow. Grumbling, he trotted to what looked like the town square to find what he was looking for, despite the need to get to a hotel.

Silver was fortunate enough to be brushed up on his Neighponese still. As for the others, well he taught them enough basics to get by....Hopefully.

Reading was an entirely different matter. He tried to decipher what he could but it was very slow going. The notice board was a wall of calligraphy and illustrations. The one that concerned him most was the one showing a rather finely armored pony wielding the trademark katana.

The streets about them were not very populated, the storm driving them into shelter and having strangers from other lands showing up even more. Silver did not blame them given what kind of ponies they were.

But even the ponies with him he suspected might not be so 'agreeable' with his plans. Those that came did not get much explanation as to what brought him here other than the civil war that was going on. To them, it was only a rumor that this place had some ties to him.

As for what they did now, they waited in the rain.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:01 pm

[The Samurai Japony, Steel will, As shown here! https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/17/08/33/85/iron_w10.png ]

Steel Will Saw the group of Ponies by the Notice Board, Most notable among them Steel assumed was the leader. "Oi, Gaijin, That's the best way to stand out here." He called out, Trotting over. He sized up the ponies, not entirely liking what he saw. "Gaijin, What are you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Silver darted his head toward the approaching pony. Upon seeing he was attired as a warrior, he quickly turned to face him fully. Silver still had a young spring to him and was dressed like he came right out of west Equestria. The rest of his gang followed suit, looking at their first Neighponese pony. A they gave off a small impression of arrogance, though Silver seemed to take some caution still.

"I'm here for this, Bushi." He replied in not so bad Neighponese. Silver pointed a wing at the poster.

"What's he saying?" Whispered a light blue pegasus with white mane. He looked to be younger than most the others and lingered closer to the gang members than the other ponies. innocence still showed in his face.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Steel's eyes widened. "<You speak Neighponese? That's odd for a gaijin.>" He replied, then then gave a glare at the poster. "<But, You are here for the war... It is a foolish war. Each Shogun is Abandoning their honor for these new Weapons, these... GUNS.>" He said the word with much hate, then shook his head. "<But this is not the place to discuss these matters... Have you lodging?>" He asked, Having not once Stopped speaking in Neighponese.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:39 am

"<And some are keeping to their old traditions. I care not.>" He grumbled and waved a wing at the younger pony with him to hush him. Silver locked his eyes on the warrior, letting them drift to his katana at his side for a moment.

"Im here for the war. Plain and simple. Housing would be nice, and a blacksmith." He spoke in Equestrian.

The young pony again spoke up. "Can't we just stick to the guns we st-" But he was cut off by Silver again as his wing struck him.

"Pipe down Sprinter. Your terrible enough with your close combat anyhow." Silver barked to the pegasus named Sprinter.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:54 am

Steel looked between the Ponies, Suspicion rising. "Why do you need a Blacksmith, Gaijin?" He asked, Then shaking his head again. "I know of an Inn. Let us Talk there." He said, turning around, and heading in an off direction. "The Rate is cheap, and they Cater To Gaijin like your crew." He called through the rain, still walking.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:32 am

Silver stayed quiet and traveled with the warrior pony. Once inside, Silver took off his hat and shook it free of what water was on it. The others did similare things and shook themselves free of water and generally made a bit of a mess.

"I assume your not just helping us out of chance. Your a Bushi and you know i seek the same." He waved to his crew whom immediately started to get themselves comfortable and attempt to speak to the inn keeper.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:25 am

Steel sighed and went over to a table. "The only reason I'm helping you, Gaijin, Is that it's my Master's Will. No More, No less." He said, bowing a bit when one of the mares in the Inn brought and poured some Tea. "This Harbor is safe, But Neighpon is no place for Outsiders. It'd be wise to turn back now."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:35 am

Silver frowned at the tea, looking up to the mare. "Sake? I don't do this tea nonsense."

He looked back to Steel, grunting with arrogance. "I have been in worse places. And i don't need you telling me what i should do. I'm here for killing and bits."

Silver knew that those were probably true enough reasons, but ultimately he knew that he came here for something greater than that. He could not put a hoof on it, but ever since that fateful day he had to find it.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:41 am

Steel sighed, shaking his head. "Those who only seek killing usually end up dead. But I see no words can disuade you."

"However."

Steel waited for the mare to pour Silver a cup of Sake before continuing. "You do not deserve a blade. A blade in the hooves of a fool is a blade wasted." He said sternly, sipping his tea calmly. "I will not lead you to any blacksmith."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:56 am

"Well we got gu-" Silver put a hoof to the face of the pegasus named Prancer to silence him.

Silver kept a sharp set of eyes on steel as he took his glass of sake and drank. "Then I'll just have to pick it off the dead ones. They wont be needing it anymore."

A few of his gang started to stare at Steel, giving a sense of hostility as a few inched a bit closer.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:01 am

Steel Glared right back, living up to his name. "Then you are a worse kind of fool. If you must, Gaijin, Get you and your group killed. But respect the dead." He said sternly, keeping eye Contact with Silver.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:38 pm

"Ponies die to the hooves of fools everyday. Or find fools in charge." The rest of them laughed as Silver stared him down. "I'm here for my own reasons. Are you finished with your concerns for 'honor'?"

Sprinter, the light blue pony with white mane, quickly cut in, not liking the nervous tension in the air so much. "I-I read about your culture in books. I think its great..."

Silver sighed and facehoofed. "....Sprinter...Whose side are you on? Drink some Sake."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:02 am

Steel Reached for his blade in a blink of an eye, drawing the blade out halfway before stopping. "... Those blades would be worthless in your hooves anyway. Have you even held one before?" He asked calmly, Using his will to calm himself down.
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:26 am

With the sound of the drawing blade, a whisp(?) of magic was heard and the native pony found himself staring down the barrel of a pistol wrapped in a blue aura belonging to a unicorn in a top hat. The young mutton chopped unicorn had been itching for a proper fight since before they even got onto the boat. Crack Shot's so longed to use his new rifle, but his volcanic pistol could suffice for taking out this feisty local.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:39 am

Silver frowned at the sword draw, quickly reaching for something under his wing, but he stopped when he saw Crack Shot put a pistol to him.

He chuckled to himself. "Well...It would be a shame if this 'fool' here put you down.....Now you were saying something about 'helping' us and that it was 'your masters will'."

Sprinter looked to turn a bit pale and backed away before fumbling out a pistol of his own. He did not look very good with handling it. "Y-yeah! Don't hurt anypony now...."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:18 am

Steel Growled, staring down the barrel of the pistol aimed at his face. "..." He then tried knocking the gun aside. "I cannot be intimidated. If you are all so eager to go and die out there, I will not stop you. But, I will not help you." He said, plain and simple. he kept the blade half-drawn, the inn Patrons staring in fear...

Except for a voice that was... Laughing?

"Ohohohoho! These Foreigners are such a delight!"

Steel's eyes widened a bit. "Dono!"

A Rather Overweight pony in ordinate robes walked toward the group, A unicorn, using magic to fan himself. "And their outfits! Such simplicity! It's inspiring!"
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:21 am

When the gun was knocked aside a loud bang rang out of the pistol, sending the bullet sailing over the inn counter and out of the weak inn walls.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:29 am

Silver was about to speak up when the shot went off. Silver still had the restraint to not draw his gun. He wouldn't draw until he intended to use it.

Sprinter on the other hand, jumped several feet in the air with a flap of his wings and dropped his gun. The pony quickly grabbed his gun and tried to cover his ringing ears, not really being so bright about his gun safety.

Silver waited to see what was going on with everypony. If things kept peaceful, he would wave his hooves to have them all calm down. This new pony had his attention.

"....And you are?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:38 am

The overweight pony laughed again as Steel bowed. "I'm Lord Golden String, Steel's Master, And Lord of this town." He said, bowing slightly. "And who are you brave Ponies?"

Steel shook his head a bit as the ringing slowly died down.
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:40 am

Crack Shot lowered his weapon and tucked it into his breast holster. He shook his head and kicked Sprinter with his back hoof. "What do we keep you around for anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:56 am

Sprinter fumbled on his hooves, nearly dropping his gun again. Another pony, a large brown earth pony, pulled on Sprinter's tail to drag him out of the way of the new conversation.

"Your lucky Boss let you in." He said. To the gang, he was known as 'Brutal Lance' Or just Lance. Sprinter had come into the gang differently than the others. No one had seen Sprinter do anything to impress, but were just told that he was in. So far, all he did was pulls some weight every now and then.

Silver looked to the large pony and casually took a sip from his sake. "...Names Silver Spur. This is my group. We are here because we heard there was some strife brewing, and perhaps coin to be made."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:01 am

Golden, for the first time, looked a little troubled. "So, you've seen the posters, have you...? It's not enough that they can't leave my town well enough alone, Now we're being dragged into it..." However, He instantly brightened again.

"Well, It's a good thing you're here, then! What would you charge to go into battle, to make sure we don't get pulled in?" He said, rubbing his hooves together.
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:05 am

(pass, playing side characters sucks.)
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:15 am

"Depends who pays more. And who can win." Silver said, looking down as he enjoyed more sake. "You speak of this town as if it were just on its own. Are you your own territory or do you bow to others? I can't imagine such a city having much an army to repel whole clans."

Sprinter busied himself looking over Steel's attire, noting the unique differences from their ponies back at home. He knew these ponies were very morally driven. Hearing that they took mercenaries so easily made him wonder. Then again, it was unlikely they would be their own unit and be required to adhere to some cohesion with the actual military.

Lance looked to Crack Shot, smirking at him. "Nice shot. Make the window bigger next time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neighpon Shogunate civil war   Neighpon Shogunate civil war I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neighpon Shogunate civil war
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next