My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Tomes, Darker Tides

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shinigami3

shinigami3

Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Heartspan watched as Onyx carefully pulled out her writing instruments. She laid them out carefully next to the book she had acquired. A simple conjuring of magic from her dark horn brought it all to life.
He mirrored her smile as she spoke.

"In a matter of minutes, I'll be set here, and we can head to the vaults. Perhaps down there I might find something useful as well." 

he nodded absently as he took a few steps closer to her and the table. He peered at the contents of the book and at her magic at work. He noticed her biting her lip in thought but he chose to ignore it.

"Oh? An attack? You've made me quite curious as to what you have in mind."

he continued conversation brought his attention back to her. He took a step back so that he could face her more directly. He smiled at her quirked eyebrow before shrugging his shoulders.

“ Well, I plan to use Transmutation to erase their memories.” he replied a little self consciously. “ I recently learned how to transmute such things, things that don't really have a physical presence in the world. .”

he looked back at the book.

“ That is what such dedicated study leads to. It is very dangerous but I think I know what is wrong in my approach so it should be much easier.” he looked back at onyx “ You see memories have a physical presence in the form of bio electric patterns stored in the brain. I didn't realize it in my first attempts.....”

he trailed off thinking of that night when he had made his crystal. All that study and he had forgotten something so fundamental. It was just one failure that night and a sad look crossed his face when he thought of this topic. All this and it wasn't even the main source of his failure that night. He looked down at the ground.

“ At any rate , it is just one thing. I have learned to use my skill very offensively and in very unique ways.” he looked back up to her with a wan smile. “ I am sure they will be surprised.”

looking at her made him want to be closer to her. He was not sure if it were physical or emotional closeness he craved but looking at her and sharing these things was very nice. He stepped closer still.

“ You know, you mentioned that fusing a Pegasus and a unicorn would only yield an alicorn in appearance. I came to this conclusion also but I have studied and wandered for a few months and I think I know one pony in our history who may be of some help. “ he mentioned, his eyes glowing with enthusiasm. “ You see in reading all these old books I have heard mention of a unicorn that was gifted like me in transmutation. It was back in the infancy of my art. She was a researcher and during her time there was an incident....long story short, her twin sister was consumed in a transmutation spell and she went off the deep end. From what I read , it was a slow descent into madness. She first began studying ,like me, in the dark arts. When she became proficient in their use she began to “experiment'. Her goal was to bring her sister back from the dead. She melded her power with the dark into something even more terrible, using the power of souls and such. She failed of course and was subsequently execute but …. it is said she kept meticulous notes and that they are still housed here where none can get to them. That is what I am here for. Though it would not surprise me if they have been moved into the castle vaults. I am hoping by now they have been forgotten. “

he took in a deep breath

“ I am hoping with the aid of this mare's notes that I can discover a means for instilling life into things and maybe even magic as well. “ he concluded excitedly “ Do you know why it wasn't burned after her trial. She had made an entirely new magic and they were loath to lose it, it was like a hidden weapon against the other races, simple Unicorn pride.”

He laughed a little at this. Then his laugh died and he looked very seriously at Onyx.

" Don't worry though, i won't go mad." he said firmly then he smiled sweetly

" I don't think i have had more in common with anypony. you are like my twin." he said sweetly before pulling her into another embrace.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Quote :
“ Well, I plan to use Transmutation to erase their memories.” he replied a little self consciously. “ I recently learned how to transmute such things, things that don't really have a physical presence in the world. .”

This was surprising. Not only did he know of a powerful technique, but he was willing to use it. Perhaps I judge myself too quickly. She thought with a mental sigh. It doesn't seem fair for me to hide all of my abilities. But I must be cautious, always. Even the best of friends could wind up as the worst of enemies. The unicorn paused her thoughts to instead focus on him. "That is a valuable ability." She stated with a smile. To tell him I can rival the spell could be  a poor decision. He might feel threatened. Also, it was wiser not to state that she'd be able to recognize such a thing being used on her- his treachery, should it ever come, would be recognized and dealt with more easily.

Quote :
“ That is what such dedicated study leads to. It is very dangerous but I think I know what is wrong in my approach so it should be much easier.” he looked back at onyx “ You see memories have a physical presence in the form of bio electric patterns stored in the brain. I didn't realize it in my first attempts.....”

Onyx nodded in understanding. Her eyes remained steady on him for the most part- they only drifted to check the progress of her scripture. "That would explain why the brain tricks one to believe they are smelling a scent they remembered, or a particular flavor." She thumped on her chin with a hoof, thinking deeply of the subject. "Phantom sounds and aches could also be replicated." The unicorn supposed. When Heartspan frowned, she mimicked the gesture subconsciously, then cautiously approached him when his head lowered. Something was amiss.

The mare placed a comforting hoof on his shoulder as he further explained his ability. He seemed to cheer up on his own, which she was thankful for, but she couldn't find the strength to remove it. She felt a true, honest connection with the colt- her first one ever. Parting, which was eventually accomplished, was difficult but necessary.

Quote :
“ You know, you mentioned that fusing a Pegasus and a unicorn would only yield an alicorn in appearance. I came to this conclusion also but I have studied and wandered for a few months and I think I know one pony in our history who may be of some help. “ he mentioned, his eyes glowing with enthusiasm. “ You see in reading all these old books I have heard mention of a unicorn that was gifted like me in transmutation. It was back in the infancy of my art. She was a researcher and during her time there was an incident....long story short, her twin sister was consumed in a transmutation spell and she went off the deep end. From what I read , it was a slow descent into madness. She first began studying ,like me, in the dark arts. When she became proficient in their use she began to “experiment'. Her goal was to bring her sister back from the dead. She melded her power with the dark into something even more terrible, using the power of souls and such. She failed of course and was subsequently execute but …. it is said she kept meticulous notes and that they are still housed here where none can get to them. That is what I am here for. Though it would not surprise me if they have been moved into the castle vaults. I am hoping by now they have been forgotten. “

Once his story was finished, she stood there quietly, lost in thought. She had heard mention of such a mare in her tomes of study, mainly due to her affiliation with the darkness. The pony had been used as an example as to what to avoid. She sought the deepest depths of the evil ways, those which have the most dire of consequences. Due to her obsession, her mind was not clear and capable of controlling the essence. Thus, like many before and after her, she was consumed and driven mad. Heartspan mentioning his likeliness to the unicorn made Onyx a bit uneasy, though she failed to show it. He is susceptible. That's already been shown. I'll have to keep a close watch on him.

Quote :

“ I am hoping with the aid of this mare's notes that I can discover a means for instilling life into things and maybe even magic as well. “ he concluded excitedly “ Do you know why it wasn't burned after her trial. She had made an entirely new magic and they were loath to lose it, it was like a hidden weapon against the other races, simple Unicorn pride.”

To install life into objects would be a great gift, though grand the bearer a greater burden of responsibility. Better yet, if life was so easily wielded, why not use it for other purposes? Restoring life to those deceased, perhaps, or heal those on the brink of death. Why.. one might use such magic to end time in one's self, essentially becoming an immortal. Alicorns are no slave to time or illness. I wonder if they use this source of magic.. Onyx hummed, growing more curious by the minute. "All new sources of magic should be treasured- I am glad our species was vain enough to keep her research."

Quote :
" Don't worry though, i won't go mad." he said firmly then he smiled sweetly

" I don't think i have had more in common with anypony. you are like my twin." he said sweetly before pulling her into another embrace.

The unicorn found herself laughing a few chortles herself. "Don't worry, I'll make sure that doesn't happen." As she had once before. Though startled at first from the sudden embrace, she soon relaxed and responded with one of her own. "I feel the same. We are of kindred spirits, souls destined to meet." Once their hug ended, the mare returned to her instruments, which lowered to the table and lost their energetic coating. With the spell done, she returned the pieces to her saddle, then fixed her cloak back into place.

"Come, let us head to the vaults. The guards will soon be upon us."

"Stories like hers often become warnings, most lost in time. The art of transmutation is ancient, but unpopular in today's world." Or, at least she thought so. Back in her day, it was quite prosperous. But seeing how she could neither sense nor see any remains of the art in Canterlot, she presumed it was forgotten. "It may very well be that even the alicorn sisters have pushed such a tale aside in favor of the new." Onyx nodded. "I would like to read more into her work myself- after you, of course. It's always a good idea to study the mistakes of others, so they will not be repeated."[/i]
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 1:02 pm

“ Well, you are always welcome to study with me. Since we are embarking on this idea of alicorn creation together it would probably be best for you to be familiar in the same areas as myself.” he replied as she gathered her things. “ Transmutation does seem to be a rare skill, or more that it must now be mingled in with other schools of magic and there by has lost its real face. Of course since celestia trains most ponies it might be a concentrated effort to teach only certain small spells but not the whole art. I see often elements of it but never something like what I am able to do. I am just lucky my parents chose to send me to public school and not to celestia's academy. “

he thought back to his youth.

“ it was so much more difficult and I had to have so many tutors. I spent a lot of time here learning from texts that have never really seen the light of day. I am glad for it though.” he commented “ of course I sacrificed a lot of different magics. So, sometimes it is embarrassing to hear somepony talk about how teleporting is just basic skills. For me they are skills I would have to sacrifice to gain and the price just is not worth it. “

Once her things had been gathered up he began making his way toward the door.

“ You know I seem to recall it being a family thing; change through magic. All the members of my family since the banishment of Celestia's sister have been gifted with the ability to make some sort of change in the inherent properties of an object. My father can replicate objects as long as the materials are the same. My mother can add to the inherent beauty of an object, and I can do this and many times more. But it goes back even farther you know.” he offered as he paused to look first one way and then the other down the hall beyond their alcove. He turned to Onyx a little sadness creeping into his eyes and voice “ I am told I have a sister who disappeared, I would think even she would have had this gift..... Anyway, my family runs a jewelry shop as you can imagine. they do well, but it is not to my taste, though i did once offer to take over the family business when the time came. I still don't know why I did that.....”

he paused thoughtfully.

“ Say...Onyx..are you able to read minds or use telepathy?” he asked hesitantly “ cause I have been to the entrance of the archival vaults, maybe if you can see it in my mind then you can teleport us to it. We might have to deal with a couple guards but they will be very surprised so I think it wont be too much trouble so long as we are quick. “
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:37 pm

Quote :
Well, you are always welcome to study with me. Since we are embarking on this idea of alicorn creation together it would probably be best for you to be familiar in the same areas as myself.” he replied as she gathered her things. “ Transmutation does seem to be a rare skill, or more that it must now be mingled in with other schools of magic and there by has lost its real face. Of course since celestia trains most ponies it might be a concentrated effort to teach only certain small spells but not the whole art. I see often elements of it but never something like what I am able to do. I am just lucky my parents chose to send me to public school and not to celestia's academy. “

Onyx smiled, truly appreciative of his kindness. She had to wonder what sort of things he could teach her- transmuting was an interesting technique, though she was unsure how to use it herself. To transform one object into another, or combine multiple into a singularity..It seemed too complicated, in all honesty. All she needed was her darkness- it was the one thing she was excellent at using. The mare's research might open my eyes to new dark techniques. So far, I can use it for deception, stealth, offense and reconnaissance. There is little I can't do. But she was far from being a master. To obtain such a title, one must become darkness itself. Like her Master.

"It may be a good thing that Celestia is so blind to her Light. She has the tendency to boast of its power, and teach those of its capabilities while shunning other essences of magic. While I am uncertain what other forms she might dabble on, due to her peers refusing my attendance, I know for a fact that she would never set hoof in my territory. Or, at the very least, teach others of it." Her red eyes seemed to shimmer with delight. "That is where I have an advantage over the other unicorns of this age." Onyx paused for a moment, considering revealing a bit of herself to him. He had already helped open up much of her emotions without dire consequences, and seemed like a truly trustworthy colt.

"Should she ever stand against us, I am confident that I can counter her, despite not being an alicorn myself." Not yet, anyways. She licked her lips and grinned. "Princess Luna, on the other hand, might be a problem. I do not believe that the essence that birthed Nigthmare Moon has completely vanished from her. She might still have the darkness lurking deep within. I would like to discover just where that darkness came from- rumor has it, that her transformation did not take place in Equestria, but rather the moon upon which she was imprisoned."

Quote :
“ it was so much more difficult and I had to have so many tutors. I spent a lot of time here learning from texts that have never really seen the light of day. I am glad for it though.” he commented “ of course I sacrificed a lot of different magics. So, sometimes it is embarrassing to hear somepony talk about how teleporting is just basic skills. For me they are skills I would have to sacrifice to gain and the price just is not worth it. “

She listened to him, rather fond of learning of his past and difficulties. The unicorn had to wonder what would have happened had her father not abandoned her, and instead taught her himself. No doubt I would be a much weaker mare, in body and soul. Onyx could relate to him having barely seen the sun- her entire days were spent within the vaults, including her times for food, relieving herself, and social interaction. All was done within the alcoves, with the acolytes. "To focus on one art is not weakness, as I discussed before. But I can understand the frustration. Every spell I cast, despite how similar it may seem to others, are all born of the darkness. I merely use the essence in multiple ways- but the true source never changes."

Quote :
“ You know I seem to recall it being a family thing; change through magic. All the members of my family since the banishment of Celestia's sister have been gifted with the ability to make some sort of change in the inherent properties of an object. My father can replicate objects as long as the materials are the same. My mother can add to the inherent beauty of an object, and I can do this and many times more. But it goes back even farther you know.” he offered as he paused to look first one way and then the other down the hall beyond their alcove. He turned to Onyx a little sadness creeping into his eyes and voice “ I am told I have a sister who disappeared, I would think even she would have had this gift..... Anyway, my family runs a jewelry shop as you can imagine. they do well, but it is not to my taste, though i did once offer to take over the family business when the time came. I still don't know why I did that.....”

Slowly, she followed after him, her ears twisted to him the entire time. His tales of his family made her heart ache, and small flickering purple flames to spark at the corners of her eyes. She shut them tight, took a deep breath, and cleared her mind to settle the chaotic magic. Reopening them, the mare put on a placid face, fearful of losing her control again.

Quote :
“ Say...Onyx..are you able to read minds or use telepathy?” he asked hesitantly “ cause I have been to the entrance of the archival vaults, maybe if you can see it in my mind then you can teleport us to it. We might have to deal with a couple guards but they will be very surprised so I think it wont be too much trouble so long as we are quick. “

"I can, yes.. " Onyx found herself hesitating as well. "But it's not a pleasant experience." The unicorn had been taught how to force her will into others, to rip at their thoughts and claw deep into their memories, in order to rip out their darkest fears. The ability had never been put to any other use beside utterly destroying the psyche of another. "I.. don't know how to do it without causing extreme pain.." It was horrible to admit, but the truth must be told. "But there is another way."

Slipping out an armored hoof, Onyx focused upon its shimmering metal, and conjured magic into her horn. The red essence was transferred to her hoof, which she began to draw across the marble floor. The color was left behind in her fluent motions, forming symbols- ones she had used not long before. Once the circle was complete around them, she touched her hoof to Heartspan's, transferring the remains of the magic spell to him. "Just think of the place- visualize it. The spell will do the rest."
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:42 am

Onyx moved with fluid grace, the patterns drawn on the floor radiating with her magic. He watched her trace them out one by one. His heart beat slow and the world seemed to slow down with it. Each movement of her cape, each flicker of torchlight along her exposed armor. Each subtle shifting of her eyes as she worked, all seeped in with dream like liquidity. He watched as her every word replayed itself in his mind. Her laugh, her wisdom, all of it replaying slowly as she moved through the pattern of her spell. Then at last she faced him, taking his hoof in her own.

“ Just think of the place- visualize it. The spell will do the rest. “

He looked deep into her eyes, loosing himself in them as she spoke. He could feel her magic flowing into him. He could feel the beating of her heart as the magic pulsed through him. It begged to be released and yet he held it back not wanting to be apart from this mare. In this moment the missing pieces of his life, the goals half created for his future, all had vanished. They were alone together cradled within a world of magic, a world of their own devising. Nothing else mattered except that moment. He wanted to freeze it, to keep it forever. Yet, he knew that was not possible. He took a deep breath, his mind refusing to focus on anything but Onyx.
Try as he might he could not conjure the image he wanted, because all he really wanted in that moment was to be alone with her here in the world they had created. If he cast the spell now he knew it would do something terrible and so he was trapped between necessity and desire. Then as if a great fog had lifted a single image burned into his minds eye. He stepped closer to Onyx. He knew in his heart that what he saw now was where they needed to go. This was the great diary of LilyVale that held the secrets of life and death. He could take them to it, they were being called to it as if the diary itself was speaking to him through her magic.  

“ lets go, Onyx.” he said warmly

he leaned forward and kissed her once and at the same time he released the spell, guiding the power as if it were his own. The world vanished for a moment before spiraling back into existence leaving them in a simple stone room. At it's center a single black crystal sitting atop a simple iron pedestal. Light of every color flowed out from the crystal in ever shifting waves as a voice filled with sorrow and confusion permeated the air seeping into every fiber of them. Feminine and filled with power, the words carried the weight of absolute loss.

-Where do we come from? What are we? Where are we going?-

These words repeating over and over in forlorn dejection.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Onyx's pupils dilated, widening with a bit of concern. Heartspan was hesitating again, though she sensed no fear. Instead, the mare could feel a strange warmth flowing from him, one that was gentle, warm, and comforting. She could tell her own form was radiating with heat as well, though it was caused from her flushing cheeks and slight arousal. Having never felt the latter before, she was surprised she could even call the sensation as such- it was as if the description had been instinctual. Coming with the emotions, however, were more purple flames, and she could feel her eyes burning green, hinting at the darkness within stirring.

The unicorn shut her eyes, breaking the visual link that connected them. She could still sense the fire licking at her black coat, but at least her corneas weren't burning as much. It took a lot of focus, and the clearing of her mind to subdue the darkness within, and lock it back into the recesses of her soul. But even defeated, the darkness hungered for freedom. It was ever-present in her essence of being, and clawed at her subconscious. All these emotions he's making me feel are too dangerous. I..I have to let them wash over me like a cold stream- let them numb my sensations, not embolden them.

Her eyes snapped open the moment their lips locked. Darkness ensnared them physically, her spell being unleashed. At the same time, the barrier she had created within shattered and the essence of evil flowed. By the time their atoms reassembled in a different room, the purple flames burned hotter than ever, and the green crept into the red of her irises. Even the unicorn's mane began to dance and flicker as embers, their red and black locks shifting between a physical and shadow form.

Onyx's cloak billowed without a breeze, and eventually was thrust off by the hidden force. Bared was her silver armor beneath, which consisted of a neck region in thin pleated segments, along with a chest guard that stretched from her collar bones back to her flank. Upon each leg were metal shin guards, her hooves bore shoes of silver as well. Her rump was exposed, however, revealing her Cutie Mark: a single red crystal, thin but long, surrounded by three smaller ones, which orbited the main.

As the mysterious voice floated through the cell and into her ears, the mare turned to the crystal, which acted as the source of the disruption. With one fluent movement, she reared back onto her hind legs, conjured a mass of black energy around her horn, and thrust herself forward. Her front hooves impacted the ground so hard it quaked, nose nearly brushed the stone as she threw the essence at the crystal. The darkness aimed to strike the gem and set the contents free from their beautiful prison.
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Heartspan watched in awe as Onyx reared up on to her hind legs. Her mane half shadow half substance flickering like fire. Purple flames burned from her eyes. Her magic radiated out from her in throbbing waves creating a great gust of air. The gem at his chest burned hot blue flame dancing in response to the out pouring of dark magic. Yet his own power was still and silent as he watched blackness gathering along her elegant horn.

He seemed forgotten as she released the mass of gathered energy. Her hooves colliding with the ground with such fury that it shook. His instincts brought his magic boiling to the surface as his mind emptied. He had no idea what would happen when that force met it's target but he would not allow either of them to come to harm. He wanted to shout a warning but he was stunned by such a display of power. He knew it would go unheeded even if he could muster the voice to do such a thing.
Then the mass of darkness struck the crystal enveloping it for a moment in a globe of shadow. In that moment darkness descended on them deeper than any moonless night. The only light was that which was coming from his gem and the violet flames dancing along Onyx's eyes. Then in the next instant the darkness imploded on itself absorbed into the crystal's faceted surface. Blood red light suffused the room seeming to come from every direction at once.  Ye this time the ever present sorrowful moan did not return.

Deep in the crystal's darkness a single point of bright green flickered into life as if an eye were opening from a deep sleep. It gazed at them each in turn without seeming to move at all and then a sound like a thousand pillars crumbling tore apart the silence. The air grew heavy and heartspan had to adjust into a wider stance just to remain standing. The very air itself seemed alive as it hummed with power and there on the surface of the crystal was a single deep crack. Living shadow poured forth from the crack. It reached and probed like tentacles as the crack widened. Whispered words of madness, corruption , and death filled the room.

Then at last the crystal shattered. Living shadow seemed to explode in all directions filling the room impossibly fast. It caressed every fiber of heartspan, it's touch both inviting and and affectionate, as well as forceful and obscene. His magic wanted to react to burn away this foul touch and yet the shadow was able to calm it, to override his natural instinct as it reached deep into his soul.
The shadow filled him with a feeling of despair so deep that it overwhelmed that which the darkness inside himself had provided. He felt himself empty and alone. Bitter sorrow filled his mind, as feeling of cruelty and bitterness entered his heart. He gasped at the intensity of it.

Then just as suddenly the shadow reversed itself, dragging those horrid feelings with it. Slowly coalescing into the form of a tall and shapely unicorn mare. Her hair like spun gold would have at one time been something to envy and yet it was bedraggled and filthy. Her pale pastel green coat was unwashed and sickly. Dried blood lingering in the very same places it had splashed long ago. The once white lab jacket was torn and stained with old blood. Her face though beautiful was a mask of mindless cruelty, stained as it was with dried gore. Her wide crazed grin showed sharp fangs. Her eyes were red like Onyx's but they held a wildness to them that Onyx had never shown. Worst of all was the missing cutie mark. There on her flank where it should have been was a twisted and ugly burn scar.

The mare took deep and soundless breaths. her chest rising and falling rhythmically as she watched them. Then slowly she began to laugh, a wild, cruel, and cold laugh which died abruptly. She cocked her head quizzically.

“ Well, what do we have here?” She asked “ A pair of would be heroes? Rescuing a damsel in distress? “
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:20 pm

The mare stood tall, strong, powerful. Her chest barely moved to her breaths, though the life in her mane continued to thrive as whipping embers of follicles. The whites of her optics had been completely absorbed by green, whose eerie neon glow cast shadows across her black muzzle, and situated her head in its own bubble of light as the room became swallowed by darkness. Their irises were gone along with their pupils, leaving nothing but purple flames to keep the green company. Yet despite the change, she saw through them crystal clear- no, she saw through them even better. For now, not only could she see the physical, but the unicorn could see the magical as well.

Her tail gave an impatient flick as she waited to see the result of her magic strike. She had aimed to completely abolish the crystal, thus releasing whatever was stored within, but it proved a tough gem to crack. When an eye bloomed at its center, her head tilted curiously to one side, but her eyes remained locked on its form. Onyx could feel the evil essence at the core, her own magical flow responded by emboldening the shadows of her mane, which continued to grow more plentiful and powerful, and her horn sparked madly with black electricity. Such power.. I must wield it. We must become one..

The noise that erupted did little to stir the unicorn, whom remained as calm and collected as ever. She was starting to salivate with the thought of fresh magic to devour, though she frequently licked her lips to prevent the moisture from spilling over. She could feel pressure on her back, and even her armor seemed to dent from an unseen gravitational force, but Onyx's body refused to yield to it. She was to be the master of darkness, after all. To bow to it would show her inferiority- and that wasn't going to happen.

As the crystal reached out with dark tentacles, the transformation of her mane completed- it was now completely composed of shadows, but seemed solid at the same time. It, too, broke apart into its own limb-like structures, stretching out to brush against the nearest stone wall, while some gently stroked the ceiling. The mare needed to show she not only didn't fear the evil substance, but she could match it spell-for-spell. All of the words the gem hissed were absorbed, but put aside for the time being. Instead, her focus was on the ever-widening crack. Perhaps I should strike it again..

But the crystal intended on doing the work for her. It shattered, unleashing a torrent of shadows. She watched with mild interest as they moved about with a will of their own, though when they scattered to Heartspan, her brow furrowed with anger- and a bit of envy. No. He is not yours to claim, and your power is mine. She took a step closer, but was forced to retreat back the same amount as the darkness removed itself from the colt, to instead materialize as flesh and blood. This actually surprised Onyx, whom cocked a brow to show as much. I see. So, she was banished into that gem, and lingered there for what must have felt like an eternity. What a..curious spell..

Quote :
“ Well, what do we have here?” She asked “ A pair of would be heroes? Rescuing a damsel in distress? “

She sneered, unimpressed. Boldly, Onyx approached the other, her green and purple-flaming eyes inspecting every inch. The sight of blood failed to move her, nor did the sinister laugh, or sarcastic inquiry. After making a full circle, she stopped face-to-face with the mare, and grinned her own fanged grin. "Not quite." The unicorn stated, giving a little snort. "Well, at least, I am no hero." Her head turned to Heartspan. For a while, she watched him, her subconscious pinging with guilt. As the sensation grew, the light of her eyes receded, as did the shadows of her mane. Slowly, she backed up to the colt, her features gradually returning to normal. By the time she stood at his side, the darkness had been contained.

"So, this is her, hm?" Onyx huffed. "A most interesting mare. I can sense the darkness within her- it is great and strong."
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Lilyvale watched in detachment as the black one sneered at her. She did not move even one hair as the black one circled her. No, she had done this many times before. Allowing these black ones to view her, to size up her power. This was the way of the black ones, they were crude and unrefined. Not like her. They were simply beasts.  When the black one grinned in her face her own smile grew all the wider. Her eyes dancing with energy. It had been along time since she was last in the company of the beasts.

"Not quite."

"Well, at least, I am no hero."

The black one spoke but the words were lost in the droning spell words that seemed to follow lily wherever she went. Words that only she was powerful enough to hear, to comprehend. Then the black one turned away and Lily followed her gaze. There was another, a male, she had nearly forgotten him. She watched with growing delight as her mind slowly focused. She could feel the black ones magic failing at the very sight of this stallion.

Heartspan stayed in his defensive posture even as the weight of this creatures power vanished. His muscles were sore from the strain and his magic flickered and sparked inside him, warped at the caress of the darkness. He was mesmerized by the scene before him. Onyx wrapped in her power, eyes ablaze, her mane a living shadow of it's own. Facing down this beast of a mare coated in gore, disheveled, and dirty. He stood tall as they both took him into their gaze. He had failed Onyx so many times before but this time he would not, not when he had been the cause of all this.
He stood his ground and pulled his magic free from it's cowering self-imprisonment. It boiled as if alive with need, swirling through his blood aching to be released. He watched as Onyx lowered her power slowly becoming the mare he recognized.

"So, this is her, hm?"

"A most interesting mare. I can sense the darkness within her- it is great and strong."

Onyx had retreated to stand at his side and he felt a great deal more courage.

“ I imagine it could be no other.” he replied his voice strained

he felt so tired, and it was so hard to restrain his power.  

Lily lowered her head as if in apology. Then as she rose her mane twisted and writhed, falling into it's proper place clean and combed. He jacket rippled as it grew whole covering the hideous mark on her flank. The blood boiled away and her smile was rich and delicate. She looked every bit the socialite canterlot resident.

“ Oh dear, it seems I have let my temper get the best of me.” she cooed in due remorse. “ I am sure you can understand my position being newly freed from such a long imprisonment.”

She took a few steps closer to them hardly able to contain her glee behind her mask of penitence. The spell voices speaking in urgent and impassioned tones. He mind grasped one of them, releasing it almost instantaneously with little more than a small sparking of her horn. It was a simple spell, allowing her to communicate only with the black one, suppressing the sound from the male, masking it in her conversation.

Do you really think a beast like you can hold onto one such as this..... One of my people.

Does he even know you.....the real you.....

would he stand so close if he did.........would he even look at you.......black one

I can smell the stink of your master....of your corruption.....but can he.....

I called him....i helped to create him......his desires are my desires........can you say the same

watch as I take him from you....black one.......

she looked at heartspan both hopefully, and sorrowfully. Her eyes lowering in embarrassment.

“ If you have come here, then you know my story.” she offered in a  voice filled with sadness and sweetness. “ I can not offer a defense for myself....i simply..tried to save something that was lost to me.”

She looked up to him once more her face filled with penitence and passion.

“ Please...i ask your forgiveness. I will do whatever you ask.....just don't leave me in here alone anymore. “ her voice cracked as tears rimmed the edges of her eyes “ please.....”

The mares transformation was frightening. One moment she was a cruel monster and the next she looked just like everypony else. Every trace of madness replaced in the instant by penitent sweetness.

“ Oh dear, it seems I have let my temper get the best of me.”

“ I am sure you can understand my position being newly freed from such a long imprisonment.”

The mare spoke with such deep remorse that he felt his heart ache for the suffering she had endured. Yet as the mare sidled forward he felt himself move closer to onyx. He knew he was out of his league. This mare had been both the mother of his art and a pony lost to the darkness. He felt both calmed by her change and disturbed at the same time. Something was amiss, he knew it in his heart, and yet he could not pin point any flaw to how she acted beyond the swiftness of the change.

“ If you have come here, then you know my story.”

“ I can not offer a defense for myself....i simply..tried to save something that was lost to me.”

Almost as if in answer to his fears and confusions she spoke. Her voice filled with a gentle sadness. He felt his heart give way a little. How could he feel anything but pity for this creature. She was like Onyx, one who studied the darkness, but was not evil herself. She had simply become a little lost, just like him.

“ Please...i ask your forgiveness. I will do whatever you ask.....just don't leave me in here alone anymore. “

“ please.....”

her face, her voice, they were so sad and so penitent. Heartspan felt his magic ebb and taper off. He didn't think this poor thing would harm them and if anything maybe they could help each other out. He sighed as exhaustion began to hit him a little more forcefully. It had taken so much effort to restrain his power and to be so close to so much foreign magic.

“I ...understand how you must feel Miss Lilyvale.” he replied tiredly “ Maybe after a little rest in a safe place we can talk more. I am sure this has not gone unnoticed.”

He turned to onyx with a tired smile.

“ Would that be ok by you Onyx.” he asked warmly and with that he slumped slowly to the ground in a deep sleep.

Lily smiled a small smile as she stood erect and turned to face Onyx. Inwardly she laughed hysterically as her unseen magic took root in the stallion. It was a simple alteration, one she learned long ago, masking her spell in the spoken word so that it bore no visual signs of execution.

“ Without me he will die.” she stated cruelly “ it will be a slow, torturous, and maddening death for him. You have but one choice black one...serve me or watch him suffer and die.”

Her face contorted with cruel joy unable to control her delight at their suffering. She laughed a twisted and cruel laugh.

“ I own his soul! His very spirit! “ she chortled “ What can you possibly do but serve as my slave you worm!”

(sorry it is a little long, i hope you like it)
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Quote :
“ Oh dear, it seems I have let my temper get the best of me.” she cooed in due remorse. “ I am sure you can understand my position being newly freed from such a long imprisonment.”

Onyx's eyes wandered to Heartspan, drawn to the power he was keeping at bay. While she could sense no darkness within, any unicorn attuned to tracing magical essences could clearly feel its pulsating life, and his was strong. He wields a great amount of force, but seems afraid to use it. Or maybe, he lacks the control. Earlier, within the streets of Canterlot, such had been revealed. However, the control he lacked was with her element- though she did sense his pure essence as well combating with it. He might have to focus on this one- the true one. While I promised to teach him how to use mine, it's not his honest nature.

The unicorn rolled back her shoulders, barely phased by the other's transformation into an elitist. Sure, the restoration was an interesting technique, but had it cured more than the fabric and stray follicles, she would have been more impressed. Namely, the hideous marking on her hide- had that scar been healed.. I wonder if that was a part of her transmutation ability. And if so, could she heal wounds, or restore life, as I had hoped? Her eyes narrowed a bit with suspicion. The other was acting like a completely different pony, but she wouldn't buy into the act. Deep down, she was menacing to the core.

Quote :
Do you really think a beast like you can hold onto one such as this..... One of my people.

Does he even know you.....the real you.....

would he stand so close if he did.........would he even look at you.......black one

I can smell the stink of your master....of your corruption.....but can he.....

I called him....i helped to create him......his desires are my desires........can you say the same

watch as I take him from you....black one.......

She took note of the spark from the unicorn's horn and instinctively called upon her own magic, hoping to prepare a counterspell. However, her vision dulled momentarily, the world around her growing fuzzy as a voice infiltrated her mind. While the mare had encountered such hallucinations before, this one was far too real. It echoed in the other female's voice, thus allowing her to draw to the conclusion that she was using telekinesis.

Your people? There was no sense in vocalizing- it would only draw Heartspan's attention. Instead, she replied by the same method. The inquiry about his knowledge of her true self made anger bubble in her stomach and a flush come to her cheeks. No, he knew very little of her, and her past. But what did that matter? That was a long, long time ago. Still, she did have a bit of doubt installed into her from the interrogation- would he really have befriended her had he known of the terrible deed she did? Her threats made her inner rage all the stronger, and the darkness stir again. But all this slander of her being a 'black one' made her force it back, less she be proven the monster she was being accused of being.

Onyx wanted dearly to scream at the mare, to tell her that she had no right so much as speaking to Heartspan, let alone take him away from her. But she, herself, didn't feel worthy of him, in truth. He was far too good for her. Still, a part of the unicorn clawed at her heart, knowing it would tare and fall apart if she let this harpy have her way.

Her eyes set on Heartspan again, whom she could feel weakening. Whether the two of them were meant to be or not, there was no way she was letting anypony take advantage of him in any way. Therefore, Onyx defensively stepped between him and the mare, her head tilted down so her horn pointed threateningly at the other. Her four hooves spread out, armor sparked from the sudden thrusting movement, and she snorted a  puff of air from her nostrils.

Quote :
“I ...understand how you must feel Miss Lilyvale.” he replied tiredly “ Maybe after a little rest in a safe place we can talk more. I am sure this has not gone unnoticed.”

He turned to onyx with a tired smile.

“ Would that be ok by you Onyx.” he asked warmly and with that he slumped slowly to the ground in a deep sleep.

Her eyes softened, but only for an instance- just to show her concern for her friend. She needed to stand her ground, to be strong, and show this..this Lilyvale that she wasn't a mare to underestimate. "You hang in there, Heartspan. I'll see that we're-" He had fallen into a slumber, much to her dismay. While she had sensed his magical decline, this was far too rapid to have been natural. Even she, exhausted to the bone from all her spells, had been able to withstand the temptation to rest for so long. There was no way he was so weak- the occurrence reeked of ill-doing.

Quote :
“ Without me he will die.” she stated cruelly “ it will be a slow, torturous, and maddening death for him. You have but one choice black one...serve me or watch him suffer and die.”

Her pupils dilated to such thin slits that they were barely visible. "What did you do to him?" She hissed through clenched teeth. "How dare you!" Onyx reared onto her hid legs and slammed her front down forcefully, sending cracks spiderwebbing in the ground. But she failed to conjure any magic, nor physically assault the other- to do so would mean Heartspan's end. Unless I can figure out a counterspell..

Tears swelled in her eyes, her brow wrinkled with frustration. What else can I do..? Utterly defeated, her knees buckled beneath her, then failed all together, forcing her into an unkind sit.

Quote :
“ I own his soul! His very spirit! “ she chortled “ What can you possibly do but serve as my slave you worm!”

This isn't going to be forever. I will find a way to undo the spell, then I'll undo her. But in a much more permanent manner. Still glaring, Onxys met Lilyvale's eyes with her own burning red ones. "I'll do as you command. Just see that no harm comes to him..."

((This. Is. AWESOME. :D))
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:16 am

Winterdream stood next to her brother as he slept. She watched the two mare as they argued about him. They could not see her, she knew this, she was only a spirit now. She looked back down at her brother, she was so angry with him, so hurt by him. Betrayed in the worst way.

“ You really are just like her Heart.” she said to him, though she knew he would not hear her. “ You have both killed one that you loved.”

She shook her head sadly. She was angry but she loved him anyways. She ignited in blue flame reaching out with magic, both hers and heartspan's. She tried to speak to the black unicorn.

Stand up miss onyx...fight this meanie!

Don't let her kill my brother!

She grew angrier as she spoke.

Beat her up good!

I can help you...you only hav'ta break the gem Heart wears!

She prayed that the unicorn would hear her from so very very far.

Lilyvale smirked at Onyx. Her face twisting with hatred and cruelty.

“ I will do as I please with him.” She spoke  furiously her mouth slavering with her cruel enjoyment. “ And with you too...slave.”

She reached out with her power intent on sending a burst of pain through the stallion but as she did she felt another presence . It over lapped the first in the way a rooted plant overhangs the ground. She squeezed and she could not get past it. She felt a sense of panic but kept it well hidden.

“ remember who holds the real power here ...black one.” she hissed evilly.

( sorry it is so short )
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Quote :
“ I will do as I please with him.” She spoke  furiously her mouth slavering with her cruel enjoyment. “ And with you too...slave.”

As she sat there, Onyx's body was trembling, but not just from exhaustion. It was taking every fiber of her will to control the darkness within, which raged and bellowed in defiance, calling to be unleashed. And she wanted to. But the unicorn would not risk Heartspan's safety, not when his very soul was on the line. It was beyond infuriating being so helpless, and unable to find a single method of negating the harpy's spell despite her vast knowledge of magic. Even if she did know of a way, the procedure would no doubt be a precarious one. Could she, would she, dare risk it?

Her eyes narrowed to their thinnest, their irises burning a ferocious red, pupils thinned to their most slender forms. The mare calmly (as possible, despite her trembling) planted her front hooves on the cracked stone ground and pushed herself into a standing position. She could feel her soul growing numb, the darkness within invading it, incapable of escaping to the physical realm. As it curled within the white that had been her purity, it was slowly devoured, the light becoming a mere dull glow. And yet, the light still existed, weakened, but there. It courageously fought off the evil, unwilling to become nothing more than a memory.

"As you wi-"

Quote :
Stand up miss onyx...fight this meanie!

Don't let her kill my brother!

She grew angrier as she spoke.

Beat her up good!

I can help you...you only hav'ta break the gem Heart wears!

A new voice cut her off short, one she never heard before. It was of a female pony, one young of age and pure innocence. Who..? Her ears twisted and turned in one direction while her head did the same in the opposite, desperately seeking the source. It was willing her to fight on- to not let Lilyvale have her way. But if I don't submit, Heartspan.. She wouldn't let anything happen to him. Not so long as she had breath. I want to fight, but my magic has been abused this evening- used too much. I..I don't know if I'm strong enough to win.

Her eyes widened, pupils dilated, darting to the crystal that the colt wore.

Quote :
“ remember who holds the real power here ...black one.” she hissed evilly.

Emboldened, Onyx steadied herself, allowing the remains of her light to be consumed. Upon the substance conceding, a circle of black flames erupted around her, small at first, but quickly grew in stature as they hissed and burned. "It isn't you!" Her eyes turned green, purple fire licked at her cheeks from their edges. She thrust her head towards Heartspan, her horn unleashing a single precise and powerful bolt of black electricity at his crystal. With the current still crackling around the tip, the mare turned back to Lilyvale and unleashed a second at her- a means of distraction, nothing more.

The flames spread outward, failing to harm Heartspan as the circle as a whole shifted across the ground and moved to settle around him protectively. Once they reached their mark, the embers would stretch upward and touch, forming a dome around him. Returning her focus to Lilyvale, the intensity that glowed within her eyes amplified, as did her magic. Slamming her front hooves down caused several red crystals to explode from the earth beneath, which jutted this way and that, forming a barrier around her. Their forms glistened and danced, their centers carrying a light of their own. Within their protective embrace, Onyx was changing..
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:54 am

Lily, for the first time in a long time, was stunned. She scampered hastily out of the way of a bolt of deadly black lightening. She skittered and slid, nearly falling. Her heart beat fast as her carefully constructed plan started to unravel at the seams. Had she misjudged the black one?

When she finally focused on the pair they had both been in-cased in magic. The stallion hidden away in a globe of black while the little wretch hid behind her red crystal fortress. Lilyvale snarled in rage igniting the spell that would tear the stallions soul to shreds. Her golden magic burning white in her rage. Her eyes green with dark energy she no longer suppressed. The very air quacked in revulsion of her as she stood erect focusing on the crystal fortress.

Powerful and warped transmutation runes burned into life raging across every exposed surface. Once in place the very room began to vanish and the crystals around Onyx began to transfigure themselves into something new, a crystal prison.

“ You like crystal so much Black one! Then you will live in them for all eternity!” she shriek as the magic rushed from her as if a great flood had poured forth from her.

A keening wail as if a thousand souls were weeping was caught up in the flow of Lily's magic. She would make this prison a world of despair and suffering for this Black one. Here and there crystals began to pervert losing their light and becoming a deep green. Somewhere deep inside lily a sudden fear awoke, would the transformation be fast enough to forestall whatever attack the black unicorn was contriving. The fear nearly caused her to falter but she was quick to recover. A failure in this moment would be catastrophic.

The crystal was consumed in the flames of the mare's protective spell. It seared through winter dream as if she were stung by a multitude of bees. Yet she suffered through it until at last her spirit was free. She wrapped her arms, her being protectively around her brothers spirit. Then in a burst she was consumed, lily's magic tearing her apart piece by piece. She wanted to wail, to cry out in torment, but she stayed brave. She stayed brave until the very last of her being vanished from existence.

Heartspan woke with a start. Every fiber of his being screamed out in horror. Something had gone wrong, horribly wrong in the universe. His heart raced as he pieced together that last few moments before he had fallen into slumber. His eyes took in the dome of black that surrounded him, but as memory flew together he understood Onyx was in mortal peril. A deep anger filled his spirit thinking of her suffering, or fighting for her life. His magic boiled to life consuming him in it's need for just punishment. The darkness hidden within him forgotten in the rush of power. He stood up slowly, white light filling his eyes. His mane kindled into blue fire. He looked at the dome imprisoning him and with a rush of magic transmuted and consumed it.

Before him he saw Lilyvale wrapped in her magic assaulting A cocoon of red crystal encompassing Onyx. He could feel her transformation underway. Azure runes burned to life along Lily's spell, transforming the portion touching the crystals into sand. They burned as a shield, designed to consume lily's magic should contact be made between them.

“ We will kill you! Lilyvale!” He growled his voice heightened with simple transmutation.

His racing heart slowed to his normal calm as he took in Onyx's safety. He could feel her living and this made a rush of relief and focus flow into him.

Lilyvale felt a ripple of shock as the black orb vanished, consumed by the stallion's magic. As her spell broke down she was forced to redirect it. Magic blew apart the wall into the hall, consuming the guards setting up defensive positions as she transformed her imprisonment spell into a battery.

“ We will kill you! Lilyvale!”

The stallions words were filled with conviction and it made her laugh hard hearing it. She cackled as she summoned blackness into her horn sending a burst of black fire hurtling at the stallion.

“ Come at me !” she chortled “ You and this dog both!”

her hair ignited in black and gold flames as she absorbed the life of the guards. Their knowledge, their power, was hers now.

Heartspan moved with lightning speed but he was not fast enough. Pain lanced through his flank as fire seared and boiled along his skin taking with it, one of his cutie marks. He felt a wave of nausea but fought it back. He had to stall the mare long enough for onyx to finish her transformation. He remained standing despite the pain and began to transmute the very particles of air into a bolt of brilliant blue lightning that arced and twisted toward Lily.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Good. Gooood. You're doing well, my pupil. The darkness, you must become one with it. The voice was a mere whisper- a cold frost of wind that passed through her subconscious, but it was heeded well. You are not yet ready to transcend, but you are very close, my dear. So very, very close.. In her mind's eye, the image of her old tutor fizzled into sight, though he was cloaked from red horn to black tail. Beneath the descended hood burned a pair of green almond-shaped eyes, which peered into her very blackening soul, admiring the work. I knew you were destined for greatness. Celestia will be damned for neglecting you. Even Nightmare Moon will pale in comparison to what you shall become one day..

While Onyx was lost to the world around her for the most part, a portion of her was aware- a third eye, if one wills. She could feel the magic of her crystals palpitating, their pristine forms shifting, creaking and cracking, even shattering as they bent to the other mare's magic. But when one fell, two more replaced its bearer, much denser in form and brighter in glow. That day won't be much longer.. Her own image appeared to face her Master's. In it, however, her form differed. For one, no armor adorned her body, her coat had a crystal-like trait to it. The mare's mane was also pure white and sparkled even within the shadows, her red eyes were a soft black. I will no longer fear my magic. I will not worry about it getting out of control. From this moment on, I am the master of my essence, and destiny. No one will hinder me. Not even myself.

Her master grinned at the proposal, baring fangs of white. I am happy to hear that. The way he looked at her hinted at a deeper meaning- he had his own plans brewing, as always. Then go, my apprentice. Show these foals what you really are. His form dissolved away, receding into her subconscious. Her own image soon followed, slowly transforming into its modern form in the process. When at last naught was left but darkness, Onyx, in her true state, opened her eyes. No longer green, they beamed a blood red, their dark, menacing hue turned the crystals around her the same shade with a mere glance. And upon shifting colors, they completely shattered, though their shards remained hovering within the air.

Piece by piece, the crystal shards moved aside, steadily revealing the unicorn within. Onyx stood upon black hooves, formerly a crystal white, which hissed with purple flames at the fetlock. Her horn had grown longer, thinner, sharper. What was once follicles of red and black had become purple fire as both her mane and tail, their forms ever-moving, ever hissing and crackling with power. As she took a few steps forward, the shadow she cast twisted and ripped up from the floor to become a separate entity behind her. This pony matched Onyx's every shape, though with the inclusion of a pair of wings, and its eyes were the only thing to produce any color; they were as red as hers.

Her head turned from Lilyvale, no longer seeing her as a threat, to Heartspan instead. The alicorn shadow behind her reigned up and neighed before falling as a puddle of darkness, which shrank in on itself and vanished, though was far from gone. Instead, the creature was traveling to another realm- one where lost souls wandered for eternity in sorrow and loneliness. There, it was to find the remnants of his sister, to not only restore them to one piece, but bring them forth to the realm of the living once more. While it would not give her life, her soul would be free to either transcend to a more attractive plane, or to find a new host.

Reaching the colt, Onyx stopped before him, her red eyes slowly closing and reopening. "Rest, my friend. I will handle this." Her voice echoed within itself, as if derived from several ponies at once. She gave him a warm smile, one that contradicted her current form, making it a bit unsettling. The unicorn then turned back to Lilyvale and spread out her hooves. The purple flames upon her grew larger, brighter, and made the very air waver from their heat. "You escaped death once before. But this time, you will be lost forever. You don't deserve the sweet relief that death brings- instead, your soul shall be tortured until the end of time."

Her eyes narrowed. "Do you have anything else to say before I end you, and take your magic for my own?" Onyx planned on making good with her threats. And while she despised the mare to her very darkened core, the temptation to devour her darkness was far too great to ignore. Onyx planned on becoming the embodiment of darkness, to control it in order to benefit all of Equestria, and more importantly, her friends..
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:35 am

"Do you have anything else to say before I end you, and take your magic for my own?" 

Lilyvale listened to the whispers that always followed her and from them a shrewdness came over her. Logic filtered in as those words reverberated through her. They were of little concern but they gave her all the time in the world. That single moment, for her, stretched into an eternity. This was but one power she had gained through her trials in the world of the living. In this endless moment of time she chose to link her soul directly with heartspan. There was no visual cue, no release of magic, this bond had been formed years before.

I know you hate me....i threatened your friend with harm......

But I only did it to protect you …..my chosen successor......

Look at her.....at her true self......listen to her words........

She only wants to use you........to take what is yours and yours alone.....

You know what I want....my only want........to bring life to one I have lost.......

with your help....i can achieve this and for you I will do anything you ask in return......just as I told you before...

I have always been here ….and I have always watched over you......

How else did you learn the ancient art.......the one celestia denies to everypony else......

It was me....all those years....teaching you...shaping you......denying you nothing....not even time to grow......

You do not know this creature.....she is not like us......you have only to open your eyes......

subtlety......trickery....those are the weapons of the black one......

I offer you my friendship.....heartspan......and this proof of my loyalty....

I could take your soul into the collective that dwells inside me....possess your body......

yet ...i will not....i instead offer you my trust........do as your heart tells you......my friend.....

Time accelerated and her magic lowered to nothing. She dipped her head as if in acceptance of her fate. Inside she felt no fear, the voices dimmed, and she simply waited in mute patience.

Heartspan watched as his lightning sizzled through the air , deftly side stepped by the cruel mare opposing him. Yet, this did not really register with him. In that same moment the cocoon hiding Onyx burst apart and he was forced to leap away from it. The shards of crystal seemed frozen in mid flight, parting only as Onyx emerged from her shelter. She was dark magic incarnate. He mane and tail composed of violet flame.  Her horn, thin and sharp, an instrument of death. Her eyes completely filled with the color of blood. She stepped forward and her shadow became a living thing, in the form of an alicorn of utter darkness, it's eyes a mirror to Onyx's own. It reared up once before falling as a puddle of darkness.
In all his life he had never before known a dark caster. She was singular in her existence to him. Yet now in her true power he realized he knew almost nothing about her. She looked at him with a warm smile.

"Rest, my friend. I will handle this."

her words he knew were meant out of kindness but he felt a sting. In his heart he knew she did not trust his magic, he had failed her already. He stood tall, his brows drawing together. He was about to speak but already she had turned away from him.

"Do you have anything else to say before I end you, and take your magic for my own?"

In that moment he found his words caught in his throat. He wanted to say that she was underestimating their opponent and that It was best they stood together, but as he looked at her he thought that perhaps in truth he was unnecessary. He was powerful, but his magic was an old fashioned thing, not like hers. He had to work hard to mimic effects from other schools while she had them at her command. More than this, she could take magic away from ponies. He wasn't sure what to do, he wanted them to be a team but he was only a weak link. He went to take a tentative step forward, despite his feelings, he would help her even if he died to do it. He would prove his worth. Yet he never took that step.

In that moment a voice whispered to him with in. It rose from the depths of his spirit, warm but hesitant., and filled with concern. His soul nearly leaped from his body as recognition dawned on him. Lily was speaking to him , and more than that, he had heard this voice often, he had felt this presence many times.  

I know you hate me....i threatened your friend with harm......

But I only did it to protect you …..my chosen successor......

Look at her.....at her true self......listen to her words........

She only wants to use you........to take what is yours and yours alone.....

You know what I want....my only want........to bring life to one I have lost.......

with your help....i can achieve this and for you I will do anything you ask in return......just as I told you before...

I have always been here ….and I have always watched over you......

How else did you learn the ancient art.......the one celestia denies to everypony else......

It was me....all those years....teaching you...shaping you......denying you nothing....not even time to grow......

You do not know this creature.....she is not like us......you have only to open your eyes......

subtlety......trickery....those are the weapons of the black one......

I offer you my friendship.....heartspan......and this proof of my loyalty....

I could take your soul into the collective that dwells inside me....possess your body......

yet ...i will not....i instead offer you my trust........do as your heart tells you......my friend.....

He was stunned. Yet as he watched her Lilyvale let her magic fade, even bowing her head in acceptance of her fate. He didn't know either one any better than the other. Yet he knew somewhat now what Lilyvale was capable of. What this new magic had been that allowed her to remain alive albeit in prison. Yet he was not like the ponies of old and this power over the soul, over life and death, was wrong. He had been wrong to even desire such a thing. This mare was no longer a pony, she was a monster, and Onyx wanted a part of it. He looked at her as she faced lilyvale. Onyx would devour the magic, the knowledge that lily held with in her. He knew she would never see it that way, she would feel she could control it, but looking at lily he knew that once long ago, that mare too, had thought such a thing. He knew what he would do, he would use the ultimate form of his transmutation. He would take lily's dark knowledge and a portion of her power and atomize it, recycling it into nothing. To this end he would pay a price he knew he would regret later, he would sacrifice his own knowledge of transmutation. He would pay the equivalent exchange by sacrificing the part of his spirit that housed lily, the part of his magic derived from her, and all the memories that contained this dark power.  He fixed the image in his mind ,and with the same timeless speed his magic always had, he released it.
Ancient seals burst to life along their bodies, crafted of brilliant blue flames. Pain filled every nerve. It blinded him and twisted his body. He screamed but no sound emerged, his mind was blank, his ears could not hear. Yet even so, he maintained focus on his magic. Without this his magic would rebound and such power would surely destroy them and a good portion of canterlot. His very skin boiled and rippled with magic as it burned out of existence.

“ Do as you wish dark one...” lily said in acceptance of her judgment.

She knew heartspan would fall for this, he was naive, and would fear this dark one just as all the other unicorn always had. This was why she had chosen him. The wayward drifter with no ambition, no drive to do anything useful. This dreamer who thought he could change the world while doing nothing at all. She had carefully cultured it, nursed it that she would have a willing lapdog. She had other things too, other means of appealing to a male of her species, in due time he would be only a shell used to do her bidding as a true apprentice should be. A shield should the government of this age catch wise to her. She had only to get rid of this other mare he seemed to follow about. A touch of betrayal she knew would be enough, even if the black one managed to survive. She reached out with her magic to provoke the black one once more, to push her over the edge. She masked the spell with a simple swish of her hair. Allowing the light of her magic to drift through her locks as if it were only a reflection of the dark ones magical light.

Do you really think that this is wise.......

To let him see you in your true form.......

he will despise you just........

he words were cut off as a sudden burst of magic erupted along Heartspan's horn. Runes burst to life on her and she flew to her feat in shock. She screamed in panic as she reached for her power pulling it forth only to feel it caught up in the stallions spell burning and vanishing. Pain tore through her like she had never felt before in her life. She tore at the runes frantically. Pieces of skin flaked off but even the ash burned, it all burned away to nothing. Blue flames burst from her mouth and from her eyes as her magic caught fire. Even her very soul felt as if it burned. She screamed at the top of her lungs as she fell to her knees clawing at her throat. Yet her voice carried the voice of every soul she had bound to herself. Hundreds of tormented voices cried out for help, or in despair. Soon flame burst randomly from her body in great gouts. She tried and tried to bring her magic to save herself but with each attempt the fire burned hotter and faster.  She watched as her entire body was consumed by flame so hot even the ashes burned to nothing. Then in a final moment of clarity a new horror descended on her. In her final moments she knew without doubt that this was how her sister had felt the day she had died, consumed by the magic Lily had been too weak to control.

As he felt the last of his bond to lily vanish, as the last of lily burned into nothingness, heartspan collapsed. His exchange had been made. His body and mind weakened from the loss, he lapsed into unconsciousness as the last of the runes covering his body vanished.

(sorry if it is not good )
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:33 pm

She stood there in silence, with all the patience of a saint. There wasn't so much as an ounce of fear or doubt dwelling within her person- she knew that with her unleashed power, Lilyvale had no chance. The darkness that brewed within her soul would be consumed, whether she conceded or not. And at first, it seemed as if the mare intended on doing the former, her head having bowed in submission. This act would have normally humbled her, but instead, nothing changed- not her facial features, feelings or thoughts. Her end was absolute. Her magic would be dominated.

Onyx didn't even seem phased by the unicorn's petty attempt to have her second-guess herself. The game the other played was already well known and played, thus, she would not fall to such childish ploys. I am who I am. Whether he accepts me or not is no concern of yours. Her voice was thrust back in reply, even telepathically it carried an echo to it.

Her eyes were fixed on Lilyvale as she approached her, step by step, foot by foot. The flames around her fetlock burned bright, reaching up to her elbow, caressing the onyx flesh with warmth. Those that bristled as her mane fanned outward then curved in, intending to first surround the mare before closing in to being the transfer of power. However, just as the purple embers were to touch, blue symbols materialized from thin air, warding them off. The magic was so strong that the fire was forced back to her crest, where it nearly died out. But with a flick of her head and neck, they reignited to their former glory.

"What is this..?"

Before her glowing orbs, Lilyvale began to dissolve into nothing. She could feel the mare struggling to conjure her mystical essence, but to no avail. No! No! No! I must have her darkness! Onyx lunged forward, but was immediately repelled back. Fortunately, she landed on all fours and skidded back a few yards, maintaining her balance the whole time. Furious, she snorted loud and stamped a hoof, then glared at Heartspan, whom was twisting and writhing in pain himself. Connecting the two together, she realized that he was the source of this absolute might- much to her dismay. Curse you, you foal. That darkness could have solidified my transcendence..

But there was nothing she could do but watch, wait, and savor the agony that Lilyvale was experiencing. While the unicorn was disappointed that she hadn't inflicted such horrors onto her, she was pleased and honored to bare witness to Heartspan's true strength. Without an expression of remorse or sympathy, Onyx continued to enjoy the show, though her flaming tail did flick back and forth out of annoyance. Before too horribly long (she would have had the torture last eternal, personally), the spell's transaction had been completed- whatever that actually was.

She turned to Heartspan just as he collapsed, then sighed. "What am I to do with you?"

Stepping over to the stallion, she stopped close to him and waited. The mare could hear the clattering of hoofsteps growing deeper, more fervent, and loud. Guards were growing close to their cell. Just in the nick of time, the shadow she had birthed emerged from the other realm in all its glory. Held between its jaws was a white ball of condensed light- the soul she desired made whole. Just then the guards arrived, brandishing lances, swords, and some even bows and arrows. They all gaped at the trio (her, Heartspan and the shadow), and she quickly took that one brief moment of hesitation to act.

The shadow alicorn's wings spread out, then folded around them, blanketing the two in its dark embrace. When the guards set forth their arrows, they were absorbed by the shadow, and shot back out- though not directly at the guards themselves. The shadow then quickly imploded, transferring the ponies and itself out from the library. It reemerged in the ruins of Old Canterlot, where the two had first started their evening hunt. Gently, it released them, its cold 'feathers' tickling its mistress affectionately while doing so. It then struck her back, where it melded with her dark magic, energizing and replenishing it.

Frowning, Onyx looked at the soul that was left behind. It was bright, small, but so incredibly warm as well. Her eyes moved to Heartspan, then back to it, her mind working hard to come up with a solution. While she could transfer the soul into him, allowing it to nurture him and be nurtured in return, it wasn't her place to make such a decision. Instead, the mare lowered herself to rest beside him, her form gradually dimming and morphing back to normal as the sun's first rays started to shine. Noticing the change of hues in the heavens, she smiled softly and laughed once, then lowered her head onto the stallion's back. When the sun had risen enough to touch their forms, hers had been fully returned, color, crystal shine, and all..

((You kidding? That was epic!))
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:40 am

Heartspan awoke after a time, his eyes fluttering open and closed rapidly against the brightness of the midday sun. Along his back he felt a weight resting there. Warmth and pressure pressed up against him rising and falling in steady cadence. His body ached and every nerve felt sorely abused but he didn't mind it so much. The thing that bothered him most was the throbbing aching along his right flank. He gritted his teeth against the pain as he looked at his surrounding. The decayed and aged building did not look at all familiar and he wondered how he had come to be in such a place.

He took a peek at the resting form at his side and seeing the glistening black form of Onyx he smiled. He lay his head back down as he thought back. He frowned to himself as he found gap after gap in his memory. He wanted to panic a little as he found huge gaps in his life were simply missing, thing he felt he should know just were not there. He calmed himself and his mind was quick to establish a balance. He knew magic was to blame and he knew he could trust Onyx to fill in any recent gaps. He breathed a sigh of relief as his mind found equilibrium.

“ Onyx....are you awake?” he asked hesitently
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Sleep had never come so easily to her before. In fact, this had been the first rest she had for such a duration of time ever since she was a filly. Not only was the mare exhausted on a physical level from all the tension and moving about, but the evening before had taken a toll on her magically and spiritually as well. On the former note, she had used a multitude of spells all night long, most of them on the 'advanced' side of the scale. And for the latter, her soul had fully converted over into the dark spectrum, allowing her to once more be fully whole. Such a change of state was weary on her being all together, but no doubt, in time, it would prove to be beneficial.

Quote :
“ Onyx....are you awake?” he asked hesitently

After hours of blissful slumber, the unicorn stirred to the familiar voice. Her ears flicked, the one closer to his muzzle twisted in its direction. "Hrrnn..?" Her long lashes fluttered as their lids took their time to open, allowing her pupils to gradually constrict as the sunlight entered them. Even with the precaution, it took her time to grow accustomed to the light, and a minute more for the world to come into focus. Sleepily, she lifted her head and scooched to the side, giving herself the room to stretch without clocking Heartspan in the process.

Her eyes found his and glistened with delight, though their shine was pale in comparison to the light reflecting from her crystal-like hoofs and mane. Noticing such, Onyx quirked a brow- she couldn't remember the last time that side of her genetics had prospered. She then chuckled, a bit madly, finding it rather odd how along with finding her true nature (that of darkness), another portion of herself was recovered as well. After having her laugh, she calmed, and sighed. It was a great relief to see the stallion conscious again.

"I am." The unicorn replied, finally rising to her hooves. That was when she noticed the scar along his flank, while her own was smooth and plump. Her features distorted to a scowl, her chest quaked with anger. That injury was no doubt caused by the now deceased Lilyvale. Curse you, Heartspan. Now I can never avenge your sacrifice. She's gone for good, even her soul- else I would have sensed its shift into the other realm when I was still transformed. The fact that she had such knowledge made her wince- just how did she know?

"But before you ask anything else, I think a nice warm meal and a good hard drink are in order. After what we just went through, I believe I owe you some information.."
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:09 am

....after what we just went through.

The words repeated themselves slowly in his mind as he looked up at the scowling mare. She was much different than the image he found in his memory, more crystalline and much happier. She even seemed surprised by it judging by her previous laughing fit.
he followed her gaze to his flank where he bore a deep burn scar, his cutie mark no longer present. It still felt a little as if it were on fire and his eye twinged as he surveyed the damage, surprised it could heal in such short order.

...owe you some information

She had said that and he worried what that info would contain. he remembered meeting and going to the library for dark magic, but not why. he remembered most of their conversation but his mind felt foggy non the less.

he stood slowly pulling his cloak into place with his magic and then something strange struck him and he paused in mid motion. he reached deep into the well of his recovering magical energy. There in the seat of his power a whole portion was missing, like a glass or a bottle emptied out part way. It was not just recovering and weakened but was missing altogether. He took a few steps back and turned a slow circle as if looking for it as his mind reeled in surprise.

Subconsciously he reached for the precious gemstone he kept as a clasp to his cloak and found that it too was missing. he tried to recall what could have become of them and found only blackness in his mind. He sought still farther back as panic began to build in him. He knew he had made it but not how or why, he knew he should have many times more spells and energy but it just was not there. He backed up until his flank banged painfully into the wall showering him in debris and dust.

His breathing was coming in rapid gasps as he tried in vain to find answers. he knew something like this had happened to him before. was he going mad? was he ill? He fought down the rising panic, Onyx would give him answers, she had even said as much. When at last he had mastered himself he looked at his new friend.

" i-i think you are right......" he spoke in a husky fear clogged voice " I do need...some information...and a hard drink...."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:11 pm

She watched him through troubled eyes as he circled about, seeking something that clearly wasn't there. From the corner of her eye, she spied the hovering white sphere- the soul she had completely forgotten about. Turning her gaze to it, the unicorn watched as it simply hovered in place, as though awaiting a command, its light almost painful to bare. I suppose I should do something with you, first.With a nod in self-agreement, she buried her snout into the satchel bag upon her flank and rummaged about a bit, hoping to find a suitable temporary host. While she did not possess anything living within, a basic object would do, so long as it possessed magical properties.

Onyx pulled out a red crystal, one which had been a shard to her former crystal barrier. It still shone with a light, one that wielded a heartbeat of its own, and radiated with a mysterious power. Her eyes matched its brilliant hue, though reflected sorrow. The technique had come from her genetics, not the darkness she so desired. It made her sigh heavily. Even more of my past comes to haunt me. But I suppose, to truly be myself and whole, I must even embrace this side. Her frown converted to a small smile as she transferred the stone from between her teeth to the air via a simple telekenetic spell.

I hope I can do this..The light..it actually irks me.. The mare squinted as she directed the crystal closer to the soul, whose own light made her gem's pale in comparison. The latter's pulse seemed to hasten the closer it grew, while the outer shell shimmered and produced a low, but audible, hum. She hesitated, uncertain as to why such a reaction would occur, but she was still determined to keep the soul close, less it wander off and become lost again. No more hesitating. You have to get this done.

A deep breath was taken and held as she pushed her magic onward, and the crystal as well. When the two objects touched, it created a powerful gale of wind that stirred up a cloud of dust and debirs, which she shielded her face from via an arm, while her armor did the rest. Accompanying the gale was a dome of white light, which expanded outward with an explosive force, knocking her back through the air. While Onyx was not expecting such a violent reaction, she managed to right herself at just enough of an angle so her hind hooves impacted with the earth first, so that she skidded back several yards before gravity kicked in to bring her lower half level as well.

Temporarily blinded, the unicorn blinked rapidly, hoping that each time her vision would return. Eventually it did, allowing her to see the now larger gem fixed where it had been before, which contained the soul within its core. This host would allow the soul to communicate by sharing its magic- thus, it would give voice to Heartspan's sister's soul at long last.

Speaking of the stallion, she had nearly forgotten about him. Turning to him, she sustained a frown, easily sensing his fright. Not wanting to concern him much further, or for any longer, Onyx brought the crystal with her as she approached him carefully. "Before we go, I believe this will answer some of the questions stirring in your skull.." She had the gem move before his muzzle and closed her eyes, her head bowing in a bit of sorrow.[/i]
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 1:30 am

He never really got an answer as he looked toward his friend a blinding light forced him to shield his vision. A gust of wind and wave of debris forced him to turn aside in order to shield himself bodily. Before he could quite grasp what was happening an explosive force pressed him up along the wall with shocking and painful force. This was followed by an ominous silence broken only by a pair of hooves coming toward him. He turned to the sound in dazed awe, watching a frowning Onyx walking toward him with great care.

"Before we go, I believe this will answer some of the questions stirring in your skull.."

A gem suspended by her magic drifted in front of his face as she looked away from him.

She was not the filly she had once been, she had gone to Elysium and had been pulled back into the living world. She gazed from her crystal prison on the face of her brother. She felt no feeling. It was not the place of the dead to feel such things. Even-so, she knew what her knowledge would bring, suffering.

“ You do not know me as I am. You do not even know me as I once was. My name is Winterdream, I am your sister.” she began “ Everything in this world has a price that must be paid in order to obtain it. The price you paid to have your wishes granted was not small. You gave up a portion of your power, a portion of your very spirit to rid the world of one who brought only corruption. You gave up all that you loved and everything you had enjoyed, I myself was among those things. I can not give them back. I whose special talent is to fix things that are broken am not able to do anything.”

She paused as she began to lose her attachment to the after world. Feelings were not for the dead but try as she might her heart still ached to be close to him. She was here, and she had been brought back, yet she knew she had only a small time left here. If she allowed it her bond would break and the joy of Elysium would overwhelm her. She could push it aside at the cost of feeling this horrible heartbreak.

“ I will have to go back ...” she stared but stopped

She was not certain at first but seeing the look of sorrow on his face made the choice for her.

“I...I want to become a part of you heart.” she suddenly burst out “ Take me in and I will replace your magic with my own. It won't fix everything but...... I don't want to be alone, to forget you, to forget....how to feel.”

She grew yet brighter as the land of the dead began to encroach on her crystal prison.

“ Please, I don't know many spells but I do know some.!” she pleaded as she felt an icy cold grip on her essence. “ Please...I..I don't have much longer.....i am not...strong...”

heartspan stared in mute, horrid, and sorrowful surprise. His mind reeled at what he heard and saw. It was as if some nightmare had sprung to life. To make the choice to sacrifice so much, it would require a terrible opponent. His heart broke as he thought of the sister he had only been told about losing her life to such a thing. Yet this voice was not as young as he had been told his sister had been, it was older and wiser, and yet familiar. He had cost this mare her life and it tore apart his insides but he shed no tears, he was too stunned for it all to really register. The pain in his flank, the gaps in memory, all fit so well with the words he heard. He wanted to flee, he wanted this spirit to find it's rest, he wanted most of all to wake up. However, he knew this was no fell dream, this was real life. The long planning for such a battle made sense and yet it did not fit how he felt. Then as the spirit pleaded, the ache in it's voice, the fear and loneliness, they made the decision for him. The emotion melted from his face and he nodded once in agreement.

“ I...I do not want you to leave either Winterdream.” he replied in soft monotone.

Winter's glow grew brighter and more frantic as she pumped raw magic into the gem prison holding her. Before long it melted away into droplets of pure shadow. They fell forming rivulets of darkness that pooled near Onyx's feet. She rushed forward struggling against a great unseen force. Behind her a pin hole of torn reality began to blossom and grow. The song could be heard to emerge from it and soon a wind began to be pulled into the ever larger gap in the world of life. Debris flung past them. In desperation Winter directed a beam of raw energy into the breach. It burst in a pattern of blue and violet runes sealing the breach with a magic seal. Slowly the seal grew smaller until at last it vanished, the wind and music dying with it.

When at last she could no longer feel the pull of that 'other place' her glow softened and brightened until she was standing before the two of them. She was tall and thin like her brother though more shapely like the one called Onyx. She looked at her flank seeing for the first time the cutie mark she had been too young to attain in life. It stood as a blue heart torn nearly in half being stitched together with rune covered thread. Her mane and eyes a match to her brothers though hers was ever so carefully combed.

She looked at them both, her warm grin wide and inviting. Slowly a blush crept onto her cheeks. She looked at onyx.

“ Thank you so much......for everything Onyx Pariah.” she said before looking at heartspan again “ I just wanted to see you both with my own eyes before I begin this......”

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Her body fell apart into a stream of light that slowly enclosed over hearstspan. Within moments the glow faded as the two souls merged into a single new one.

Heartspan smiled at both of the mares standing before him. He felt somehow calm in their presence. Before long though the image of his sister faded and the air grew warmer and brighter around him. He kept his eyes locked on onyx as he felt both magic and life rush into him. He felt his spirit grow lighter than it had been and many things that had been worries for him before vanished in the instant as he felt his soul connect and merge with that of his “sister”. When at last their merging was complete he felt himself refreshed and shook himself once.

The pain on side no longer ached and with a quick flickering of magic he surveyed the damaged area. Where before he had a grotesque scar his sisters cutie mark now sat snuggly among new grown hair and atop freshly healed skin. He flicked his cloak down feeling new rush of magic he noted the violet tint to his spell and thinking of his sisters words he searched his memory and there found a few of the basic spells. He laughed a little glad to have some new skills to use. With what he had gained and what already he had, he would be able to advance at a decent pace. He looked at Onyx with a warm smile.

“ You look beautiful miss Onyx.” he said “ I feel rejuvenated, so maybe instead of just a meal we make a small date. We can discuss things ...too.”
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Quote :
“ You do not know me as I am. You do not even know me as I once was. My name is Winterdream, I am your sister.” she began “ Everything in this world has a price that must be paid in order to obtain it. The price you paid to have your wishes granted was not small. You gave up a portion of your power, a portion of your very spirit to rid the world of one who brought only corruption. You gave up all that you loved and everything you had enjoyed, I myself was among those things. I can not give them back. I whose special talent is to fix things that are broken am not able to do anything.”

Onyx was amazed when the voice first boomed- her technique had worked. The shock of the realization dropped her into a sit upon her flank, while her face contorted into a mixture of both shock and confusion. Where did the knowledge of these mysterious spells spawn from? I can't believe it worked. I can't believe I was able to even send a shadow creature into the world of the dead to begin with. Her ears folded back, head sagged as she sank deeper into thought. Have I advanced in my training? Is the knowledge of death and its realm the next stage to my progression? The thought made her shudder. Just how far into the depths of darkness would she dive?

Her ears twisted forward, filling with the voice of Heartspan's sister once again. She listened, wide-eyed and jaw agape to the knowledge she shed. Upon her mentioning of the stallion's sacrifice, her head snapped to him as a pain ran through her heart. He had removed a portion of himself in order to remove Lilyvale and her corruption forever. A great sacrifice, one made selflessly. Guilt pounded on her soul. He did it to protect me, no doubt, though I didn't need such. I could have easily drained her magic, melded it with my own, and left her a husk. Then not only would I be stronger, but he would be whole. Her brow furrowed with anger and frustration. Why did he have to interfere? What a foal..

The unicorn bit her lower lip. If she can't fix him, I can. I will. While she had no knowledge of Transmutation or restoration, for the former was ancient and the latter concealed within the light aspect of magic, there were other methods. Time. I'll have to return to the library and get a spell to go back in time and stop him from making that mistake.

Quote :
“ I will have to go back ...” she stared but stopped

She was not certain at first but seeing the look of sorrow on his face made the choice for her.

“I...I want to become a part of you heart.” she suddenly burst out “ Take me in and I will replace your magic with my own. It won't fix everything but...... I don't want to be alone, to forget you, to forget....how to feel.”

She grew yet brighter as the land of the dead began to encroach on her crystal prison.

“ Please, I don't know many spells but I do know some.!” she pleaded as she felt an icy cold grip on her essence. “ Please...I..I don't have much longer.....i am not...strong...”

Her focus snapped back to the hovering crystal. Onyx found her on her hooves without remembering having ever moved, and inched closer to it. No..No! That is not what I intended.. She was on the brink of breaking. Her magic swelled within, forcing against the barrier that kept it under control. The darkness seethed, lashing out violently, intending to fulfill her inner desire- to stop the soul from extinguishing her plan. But when she looked from the gem to Heartspan, the look of sorrow on his face made the ache in her chest all the more overwhelming. This was someone of his own flesh and blood, one whom he never knew, yet loved all the same.

A sacrifice.. Her eyes began to glow green as desperation smothered her. I can solve this. I only need a body.. Purple embers danced in their corners as her optics searched the ruins, hoping to find something, anything with a pulse. Curses! Her pupils dilated, in their reflection was the great wall that separated the two cities of Canterlot- the ruins from the new. Do I have enough time? Glancing back at the crystal, she could feel the soul's fear. As she exhaled, a cloud of cold condensation rolled out- the same sort of chill the soul felt. No.. I don't.. She shut her eyes tight, the tears that were there evaporated as the dark flames grew.

Quote :
“ I...I do not want you to leave either Winterdream.” he replied in soft monotone.

The anger of disappointment and failure was overwhelming. She stamped her front hooves, casting craters beneath their armor and a cascade of cracks as well. Energy gathered at the base of her horn, which crackled as black electricity. As the current built, the magical essence slowly spread up to the tip, from which a sphere of darkness molded. Once the electricity reached it, the core burned a bright red, which pulsed and beat to match her heart's pumping. Her eyes opened wide, their fire raged, the world they glared at was but a blur, except for the wall a good mile or so away. That wall was preventing her from claiming a body for the soul. That wall blinded the citizens of Canterlot to the truth of the world. That wall hid what had once been her home from 'sensitive' eyes, it made it seem as if her family and everyone she once knew never existed.

Even as the  fragments of the crystal shattered and pooled at her feet as shadows, Onyx continued to drill daggers at the wall with her eyes. The shadows themselves slipped up her legs and sank into the exposed flesh between pieces of armor, to provide more power to the ever-growing orb on her horn.

Quote :
“ Thank you so much......for everything Onyx Pariah.” she said before looking at heartspan again “ I just wanted to see you both with my own eyes before I begin this......”

The voice called her back. The mare stared at Heartspan and his sister, her body trembling from the raw force of the sphere's power. Her hooves were sinking into the earth, the air itself became humidified from the flowing electrical current. When the other disappeared, releasing herself to naught but essence, she screamed out. All of her anger, disappointment, sorrow, fear- all the negative emotions that darkness embodied were poured out into the magic ball. It took a great deal of effort and strain, but she cut her horn through the air like a sword, essentially tossing the sphere off from its tip. As the orb cascaded down the road, the surrounding buildings imploded, becoming nothing but piles of ash, while the ground caved in, becoming a crescent-shaped crater that marked the magic's path.

Upon the horizon, the orb impacted with the wall. Upon doing so, all the sound in the surrounding area went silent. A sudden black dome exploded out, one that expanded outward at such a rate that it reached Onyx and Heartspan in the blink of an eye. All color beneath it was drained. But at the wall, sudden black beams exploded from its foundation, eviscerating the cement, metal and other materials it had been composed of instantly. The sky itself darkened, the sun's light temporarily shunned in favor of the beams merging into one large one. Where the beam touched the atmosphere, it emitted pulsating waves. The unicorn watched the spectacle through her still-inflamed optics, while her body twitched to her deep, rapid breaths.

Just as quick as it built, the dome collapsed. Color was returned with sound, and upon imploding back onto the beam, it too became nothing. The sun shined, the sky's blue returned, and peace settled. There was no trace of the wall, save for the large indent of where the darkness energy had exploded out from.

Quote :
“ You look beautiful miss Onyx.” he said “ I feel rejuvenated, so maybe instead of just a meal we make a small date. We can discuss things ...too.”

She turned to him, wearing a mask of utter calm despite her obvious outrage. Something within had clearly snapped, but she was far too drained to even begin repairing the pieces. Instead, Onyx fed on his smile and happiness, though she lacked either of her own. "We'll begin here." The mare stated, her tone soft and weary. Without waiting for a response, she started to move through the ruins, carefully stepping over loose stones, and jumping across the crevice her orb had created. Before long she stopped at a house, whose roof was almost completely gone, save for a few patches. Those patches were made of gems, whose bodies danced and sparkled despite the severe amounts of dust they had created. "At what was once my home.."
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Heartspan followed her quietly out into the old city. He took stock of the damage her magic had caused to the surrounding land. Her rage and frustration were clearly evident, though he had done well to ignore them thinking it better to keep his eyes on his dear companion rather than taking stock of her expenditure of magic. She need to relieve her trouble and for her this was just her way of venting. He smiled at her though from where he trotted along behind her he knew she could not really see it.

She stopped by a rundown home and he trotted up next to her. He looked first at her and then at the home. He tried to picture the two together but he knew no one was supposed to be living in this rundown part of town.

“ This was your home? “ he asked hesitantly “ I ...thought no one lived in this part of town....”

he took a deep breath of the days air.

“ This place of ours is so old. “ he said absently“ and we keep our eyes so tightly shut.”

How could I have ever known you were down here in the old city. I might have even come to look for you here. His mind finished his comment, the words unable to find their place. he moved a little closer to her. She was still such a stranger to him, but he didn't care. She made him feel justified in his way of being. She was mysterious but also comforting. She must have wanted to share this part of herself and he wanted desperately to hear …... to be a part of what she kept to herself only.

“ why don't you tell me more about this 'home' “ he said cautiously “ I would like to hear the story.”

he did not want to break the spell of the moment. It was somber but some things in life were sweeter because they were not so happy. Most of all he did not want to push her away or to give her cause to keep herself closed off. he could not remember well what had brought them together, and the parts he did know were very sad, yet he was grateful for this turn of events.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Quote :
“ This was your home? “ he asked hesitantly “ I ...thought no one lived in this part of town....”

he took a deep breath of the days air.

“ This place of ours is so old. “ he said absently“ and we keep our eyes so tightly shut.”

She reached out with a hoof and poked about the debris absentmindedly. When he inquired about the place, her ears lowered, having grown heavy with sorrow. Instead of to answer right away, the mare climbed over a few larger slabs of slate, where a feint glimmer had caught her eye. Nestled in one corner was another segment of the house's former roof, whose gems shined with colors ranging from red to blue, purple and green, some as pristine as diamonds, others as soothing as sapphires. One of the rubies was hefted up carefully on a hoof and brought to her eye level. She could still feel the dark flames burning despite her lack of rage, and their green glow was reflected off the gem.

"I don't know how old it is." Onyx admitted while carrying the precious stone to an open area, whose wooden floors were dusty, but still intact. She allowed herself a moment to look around. As she did so, the tattered walls rebuilt themselves in her mind's eye, their empty windows filling with glass, the sun shining brightly through them. Pictures were hung on the papered wall, furniture stood firm, arranged immaculately. But once her path crossed Heartspan again, she was reminded of the present, and thus the past dissolved all around her. "Years, decades, centuries? It's impossible for me to say without some help."

Quote :
“ why don't you tell me more about this 'home' “ he said cautiously “ I would like to hear the story.”

The purple flames danced endlessly, failing to smother out even with his approach. Onyx looked down to the ruby on her hoof, then back to him again. "I was a troublesome filly. Even at a young age, I showed an aptitude for magic, but it was always so chaotic, and linked with my emotions." As she closed her eyes, the sheen of her coat brightened. Her horn hummed with a soft red light, which caused the room around them to waver about and be replaced by an illusion. Her home was now whole, brought to life from a memory. Every little detail was there, from the pictures on dressers, the softness of the carpet, even the smell of her mother's cleaning solution. None of the senses were ignored, yet she still couldn't bring herself to smile.

Onyx focused on her spell. She conjured the image of herself as a filly, and two ponies that acted as her parents. While her portrait was perfect, theirs were fuzzy at best. I see. I really can't remember what they looked like all too well.. The mare walked closer to her miniature self, watching as the filly smiled up at her parents, her teeth pearly white. "The worst came when something upset me." The images dispersed, then reformed, showing a different scene. Her young self was shown crying while her parents tried to comfort her. The room shook violently as magic welled up inside the filly, while a thundercloud materialized above their heads and opened up with a downpour, accompanied by lightning.

"They sent me to a normal school, hoping that the fits of magic were just a phase." Again the illusions changed. This time, Onyx was alone in a darkened room, cowering into herself. "But I was nothing but trouble, even there. The other foals didn't receive me well, because I had a black coat. They called me names, deemed me a curse. They upset me to the point that I accidentally caused fires, my magic blew things up. It was always a disaster."

With the wave of a hoof, the entire room became a different one. They were in a large audience chamber, with a stage down below. There was a long table before it with three ponies seated in its chairs. Her younger self was on stage, performing whatever the judges asked. "I told you before that I was rejected entry into Celestia's school. I almost destroyed the entire wing of the castle from being so nervous." As an eruption of energy exploded from the filly, the illusion dispersed, leaving them in ruins again. "What you don't know is what happened later on."

Onyx looked into the gem on her hoof. "My father was from a different land. I lived in Canterlot because that's where my mother was from." She sighed. "He believed he could find a way to control my magic by taking me to his homeland. My mother refused, but he snuck me there anyways." Her eyes met Heartspan's own. "It was there, in the Crystal Empire, that my life completely changed. All because of those ponies fearing my magical potential, and Celestia turning a blind eye to it. Because of them, I wasn't here to grow up with my family, and to protect my home." The flames in her eyes brightened. "All of this.. I could have done something about this." She gestured to the ruins around them. "If only..If only someone would have been bold enough to teach me control.."
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 1:28 am

Heartspan watched her illusions and listened to her words. His heart ached for her, and without thinking he placed a comforting hoof along her back. She had lived here more than a thousand years ago. She had been trained during the time of King Sombra. She used an ancient darkness. These truths filtered in a little at a time. He wondered what she would have been if she had stayed in this home. He wondered if it was simply time that had ruined the old city or something else. He placed a fore leg around her shoulders without thinking.

“ I am not sure what to say.” he said finally “ I think of what you might have missed but I like who you became, so I am not sure what is the right thing to say. Without all of the things we went through in our lives we would not be here now. We wouldn't be the ponies we are now..”

he looked down at the ground.

“ I am glad for this knowledge. I think it has been more than a few centuries since you last were free to do as you wanted. The crystal empire was sent away for nearly a thousand years and only now has reemerged. “ he commented “ but we could go back to this time just to see it. There is time travel magic, though I am not trained in it.....nor …......was my sister.”

he did not really want to try it. Time travel was dangerous magic and easily they could make a catastrophe but he kept this to himself. She was so sad that he would even risk this to see her smile again. He rubbed her shoulder as he absently looked at the house.

“ If you want to do it, let's do it Onyx.” he said more boldly “ I want to see you smile again...and I want to make something nice in your heart. You have done so much for me, fixed so many things just by being around. I am not skilled that way but I am willing to make a journey into the past to make you happy.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tomes, Darker Tides    Dark Tomes, Darker Tides  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Tomes, Darker Tides
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next