My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn Empty
PostSubject: Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn   Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 5:28 pm

The streets of Canterlot were cluttered and clattered with the utmost hoity-toity of Equestria's society. Unicorns of all ages, but none of a lower social class, leisurely strolled about, making idle conversation amongst themselves while exploring the exquisite shops of Main Street. Here and there, one might spy a pony of a separate species, though those were few and rare. Whatever the race, all seemed to be enjoying themselves, their expressions as bright as the afternoon sun.

Onyx couldn't stand it. There were far too many ponies for her taste; too many eyes to pry and examine her. Normally, she wouldn't bother venturing at such a popular hour, but her needs of a certain shop were dire.

The unicorn, garbed in a black cloak, was making haste through the streets, keeping to those less occupied whenever possible. Before her hovered a hoof-drawn map of the region, the phenomenon possible via her long horn's magic, which pulsed a calming light blue from the tip, and also surrounded the parchment. There was a large X marked upon one of the buildings, surrounded by a circle in black ink, which acted as her destination. Now and then, she would sneak a peak from beneath her erect hood to check her location, but only when she spotted no eyes upon her.

While traveling with such attire probably called more attention to her than normal, it didn't seem that the others even bothered to spare her a second glance- it was as if she was beneath them. Perhaps the residents of Canterlot were accustomed to 'beggars' scurrying about their clean streets, though her cloak was pristine, failing to bare any tatters or dirt. Whatever the case, it made her travels much easier, and her more confident in the end.

At long last, she came across her destination: a quaint jeweler's shop. From the window, she admired a many fashionable necklaces and bracelets, and even some hair pins adorned with gems. While any mare would adore such treasures on their hides, Onyx wasn't looking to doll herself up. No, instead, she stared past all the distracting pieces and to the counters well beyond, some of which were filled with perfectly cut gems and pearls.

Taking a deep breath, the unicorn steadied herself, and exhaled. The map was levitated into a satchel beneath her cloak, the magic then dismissed. Her red eyes rolled to the door, followed by her head. It's now or never, I suppose. Standing here for too long will only draw about more unwanted attention to me. With an affirmative nod, Onyx approached the entrance, whose heavy-set door she parted with a common spell.

Once instead, her walk slowed, and the silence of the room swallowed her whole. Unlike outside, each of her steps could be heard loud and clear, including the jingling of bracelets, and the clanking of armor. Almost deafened by her own noise, she paused mid-way to a counter and shrugged her hood off, baring her rather elegant face, covered with a black coat, long horn, a red and black mane, and brilliant red eyes. She pondered for a moment whether or not to mask her unusual features with magic, less someone felt intimidated by her presence.

In the end, she decided such was for the best, and conjured a quick spell. In a quick flash, her pupils dilated into circles rather than slits, while their irises turned from red to a more gentle blue. Afterwards, the mare cleared her throat, and called out, "Excuse me, is there anyone here?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn   Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Ruby Shine was in her workshop. She had been working on another order of very fancy, yet unique, jewelry for the Saddle Arabian elite. She glanced up when she head the tinkling of metal, and hooves on the marble floors. And then when the voice called, she smiled. "Be there shortly!" She said, going to the sink and washing off her hooves and legs. She dried herself, and grabbed an apron off a hook to cover her slightly-sullied dress. After tying the knot, she trotted out into the main room of her shop.

Glancing at the pony, she was already matching her with jewelry. This would go good here, that necklace would match beautifully with her fur, those earring could make her ears look two sizes smaller... She gave the pony a huge smile, standing behind her tiny counter, and smoothing the apron into place. "Hello there. What couldI interest you in today, madam?"
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn   Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Her ears perked up, hearing the response of a mare. A female? Hm. This could go a lot smoother if I dealt with a stallion. While her magic was strong in a tight situation, she also wielded feminine charms and wit. Hopefully, though, things wouldn't dissolve into the danger zone with this transaction. For all I know, the gem I seek might not even be here. It is ancient, and powerful, and might be guarded by the elite in the castle. But then again, no one would go through the trouble if they didn't recognize what it truly was in the first place. She sighed to herself, thumping a hoof lightly on the floor. I can only hope for the best.

Onxy's re- er, now blue eyes, moved to the pony as she entered the room. Quickly, she inspected her form, stature, body language. There was nothing intimidating with this mare, which made her inwardly smile. Her ears twisted and twitched, listening for any possible noise in the back room to indicate that others were about, but naught was heard. The less eyes and ears, the better. All it takes is one wrong pony to open their mouth and raise the alarm.

It was strenuous, but the unicorn managed to smile at the clerk, and made it as genuine as possible. She hadn't yielded to such petty displays honestly in many, many years. Politely, Onyx bowed her head shallowly in greeting. "Good afternoon. I'm looking for a particular gem, actually." The unicorn craned her neck back and buried her snout under her cloak, rummaging beneath for her satchel. Before too long, she managed to find a bundled scroll, one wrapped with a fine silk bow. Placing it carefully on the counter, she conjured a slight burst of magic to undo the material, and had it moved to the side.

The scroll unraveled on its own accord, revealing a black gem. To the trained eye, one might find several streaks of red embedded within it, though the shade was dark and nearly drowned by the black. For the cut, it was of the trillion variety- one of the rarer cuts. "I know it's farfetched to find such a specific jewel, but it's very important to me. Even if it's not in your possession, should you have any knowledge of it or its whereabouts, the information would be welcome. I'll even make a fine purchase for such."

Onyx winced, realizing how desperate she sounded. It was pitiful, in truth. But the mare was determined, and would suffer any consequences to get her hoofs on her prize..
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn   Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Ruby Shine's eyes glistened, as they always did when she saw fabulously rare jewels. She lightly swept her orange curls aside with a graceful nod of her head, her tick, and got out her magnifying glasses. She had to be sure, of course, that this was the jewel she entirely believed it was.

She bent over the jewel, staring deep into it. Oh yes. Yes it is. She thought to herself. The colors. It's just as beautiful as I remember... She knew the gem, alright. And she knew where to get one. One. They were extremely rare, and she'd only seen it once before, out of curiosity. But the price had been far too high.

She put the stone back down, and took off the glasses. Then she straightened, one hoof on either side of the gem. "I do know this gem, yes. I do not happen to have one in my possession, but I do know where you can obtain one, and would be honored to show you, for no cost.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn   Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Onyx studied the other, paying careful attention to every movement, be it subtle or otherwise. The earth pony most certainly seemed excitable- clearly, her passion for jewels was no farce. Closing her eyes, she concentrated and conjured a purple glow around her horn, summoning a special spell. Without needing to look, she released the essence onto the scroll, precisely where the gem's image rested, causing it to pop up into a three-dimensional display. In order for the pony to see its true glory, she dismissed the distracting purple substance, leaving the hologram gem hovering on its own.

Her eyes reopened, their blue hue flickering from red and back in a flash. The magic she had just used was a bit taxing, hence her spell failing for that instant. Fortunately, the clerk was pretty much preoccupied to notice- at least she assumed so.

The unicorn tensed, her muscles flexing enough to jingle the armor beneath her cloak. While she didn't expect an answer right away, the waiting was painful. When the mare removed her spectacles, Onyx had the hologram dismiss itself, and instead recycled its magic to re-roll the scroll and have it return to her bag. She relaxed, listening intently, making sure every word was heard well and precise. She knows it? My goodness, could luck be with me this day? Hope was a feeling that scarcely crossed her flesh, but now, she was filled with it.

"I would be eternally grateful if you would. Please." She nearly begged. "I do not wish to trouble you, or be a burden, but the sooner the better."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn   Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:59 am

Ruby Shine watch the paper float away, and looked back at the pony. She was so desperate to get her hands on this gem. Not jeweler desperate, oh no. But far, far more desperate, for another reason than just the gem's beauty. Maybe she needs it for a spell or some such. Ruby mused, hanging up her apron.

She took a jeweled hairpin, her own making, of course, out of the main pocket, and pinning back some of her curls. Beauty was a pain sometimes, to keep up with. She then turned to the Unicorn, with another smile. "Of course I will take you. Just let me close the store." Ruby blew out all the candles and lanterns she had around the place, and grabbed her keys, hanging them around her neck.

She opened the door, gesturing out into the street. After you, madam."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn   Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 6:37 pm

The day continues to brighten. It was almost enough to make her grin- almost. She had enough experience not to set her hopes high, less she fall from the bliss into a pit of despair and disappointment. In the back of her mind, suspicion always lingered, even within the presence of this fairly kind earth pony. For all the mare knew, this so-called-clerk could have other intentions in mind other than aiding her. However, she humbly declined any monetary reward, and if she sought the gem for herself, it would be in her hoof by now..

Could she truly be genuine?

Onyx nodded and waited patiently for the jeweler to go about her routine for closing up the shop. As she did so, the unicorn grew anxious, knowing well that magic would get things done much quicker, but she respected the mare's ways and remained in place. Her closing the place early would mean a possible loss in the day's earnings. I shall give her a gift once this whole ordeal is over. After the gem was found, bits would mean little to nothing to her. She would gladly give them all away for it.

After what felt like an eternity, the pony gestured her outside, and she gladly obliged. But before moving through the threshold, Onyx made sure to flip her hood back in place, so naught but her horn poked up from beneath. "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn   Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:23 am

Ruby Shine trotted along the street, smiling and greeting the many ponies that greeted her. She knew most of the people that lived and worked around her shop, also living there herself. Glancing back at the pony, she tossed her hair. She must be truly desperate, seeking out this gem. She shook her head. Often, she'd asked to look at the jewel. It would have made a fine piece of jewelry to send to Saddle Arabia. But... The price was far too high...

"You must have a reason for seeking out such a rare jewel, correct? Or is it too private for me to know?"
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn   Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Beneath her hood, Onyx's blue eyes were drained of their magical spell, causing them to return to normal. She stared out from the shadows to the afternoon sun, arched high in the azure sky, thwarting any darkness from breeding. The sun is bright and warm, but I am a creature of shadow. The mare mused, shifting her gaze to her white hooves as they rhythmically pounded the cobblestone street. But that was not always so. Long, long ago, I remember frolicking and basking in the light, like all creatures of innocence. She turned her head to her walking companion. I hate bringing her into this, but it must be so. I can only hope that the darkness doesn't grip her as well.

The unicorn sighed, her chest swelling with ache at the question. Before she even considered answering, Onyx looked about at all the strange faces of Canterlot, all of whom seemed to be happy and hold themselves with pride. Her guide was familiar with most of the townsfolk, it seemed, much to her dismay- her presence only brought about more attention to the duo. While it was wiser to remain hidden, it could also very well be better not to. After all, what were the odds that she would be recognized? Why, everything happened so many years ago..

"That gem is very precious to me. It was once belonged to someone I was close to." Onyx's attention was fully on the mare. Just how much did she know about the stone? Did she know of its origins, or its age? "This pony was going to give it to me, as a present of sorts." More like out of initiation rites. "But something..happened..before the exchange could be made. I really don't remember what-" Her memory was blank for a long period of time, after all. "- but before I knew it, my friend was gone, and the gem as well."

Onyx bit her lower lip, wondering if she spoke of too much. Well, whether she had or not, a lot of details had been neglected, so no true harm could be had from the information..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn   Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Gems Aren't Meant to be Worn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Equestria :: Canterlot :: The Main Street-
Jump to: