My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Poker Night at the Household

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:56 am

Loyal smirked at Rose. "Very well, then. The flop."

Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 11 Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 50 Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 26

POT: 6,200b

ORDER:
OZYMANEDIAS: 18,200b
S. PACKAGE: 18,200b
R. ALLURE: 19,200b
S. SPUR: 18,200b
Back to top Go down
Thespi Bacchanalian

Thespi Bacchanalian

Location : half a block between Here and There, and about a mile from Anywhere

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:31 pm

"Hmmm..." OzyManedias contemplated the cards for a while. He peeked at his cards once, then looked at the cards on the table. "EEEEeeeeeeh..." OzyManedias tapped his hoof on the table twice.

"I check."

Vassago snickered. "Very decisive. I like it." He ate one of his cherries.

"Oh shut up and drink your damn soda." OzyManedias growled at his younger charge.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:56 pm

"I'm from Canterlot myself, though I spend much of my time between here and there. Manehatten has it's specialties too. In fact, I own a property not too far from here. Perhaps you would like to visit sometime..."

Package grinned back at the mare as she spoke to him. "Maybe, in the near future." Unless she's just causing a distraction, which I wouldn't doubt. Eh, nice to talk to and nice to look at. At least she makes the game a bit more interesting.

The first three cards were then dealt, and the stallion looked over them for a second, instantly thinking of how his hand could fit into them, and vice versa. Ozy was the first to go, and after a few moments of thought the stallion decided to check. Package was up next, and barely two seconds passed after the pony's answer when he spoke his own course of action.

"Check." The pony tapped the table with his hoof, and then turned to Silver. "And mind if we know where you're from?" Doesn't seem like he talks much... Well, a question never did anyone any harm.
Back to top Go down
http://mlp-foe-oc-rp.forumotion.com/
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Silver didn't acknowledge hearing Package. Rather he looked at his cards again and began to count chips. He observed each player as they made their rather borring decisions. Either they all honestly had nothing good or they all sucked at this game. Considering Silver's talent for this game, that was saying a lot.

"...Not from here." Silver replied finally to Package, pushing in a stack of chips. "Raise 2000."

He sipped his whisky again, having already gone through most of it. He hated seeing the bottom of a glass. Then again, too much could land him in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Thespi Bacchanalian

Thespi Bacchanalian

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:19 pm

"2000?" OzyManedias scratched his chin thoughtfully. Poker, as he understood it, was a game of chance and the illusion of chance. He could try to take the bet, but it could also horribly back fire. OzyManedias did not want to be the first pony to lose all his money, if not win.

"2000..." If he was lucky, then he would win. But to trust luck in a game of Poker was folly.

"Fold. I don't trust the Lady of Luck that much." OzyManedias threw his cards towards Loyal in disgust.

OzyManedias was subconsciously ignoring the Rose Pony and the Cowpony due to the Rose Pony hitting on Suspicous and the Cowpony's katana looked quite sharp.

Vassago, on the other hoof, kept one eye on Nameless, one eye on OzyManedias, and his third eye on 'Swordie' as the elder maid was keen on calling him.

Aside: Vassago does not have a third eye, he does, in fact, have clairvoyance, and would be able to watch all three ponies at once.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:11 am

"I know where he's from," Loyal said in a voice dripping with schadenfreude, before returning to a more formal speech, "But really, if you couldn't work that out, then no amount of my assistance would help you in that endeavour."
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:06 pm

"...Not from here... Raise 2000."

"Alright, good to hear." Surprisingly more of an answer than he had expected.

"I know where he's from. But really, if you couldn't work that out, then no amount of my assistance would help you in that endeavour."

Package simply shrugged. "Was lookin' for specifics. Not that hard to guess the generalities." The Pegasus took a sip of his now nearly finished drink as he waited for Ozy to take his turn.

"2000? 2000... Fold. I don't trust the Lady of Luck that much."

After the stallion pushed his cards towards the center of the table, it was his turn. Package didn't take nearly as much time to think about his action before he did it, barely more than a second passed before his mind completed and fully registered his intention. It was not as if he was giving the game little thought, it was just that he thought quickly and got his turn over with at a similar pace, more of a natural quirk than anything else.

Leaning forward to push his cards away from him, the Pegasus spoke. "Fold." 1800 bit lost on the first round. Not terribly bad. I'll just have to make up for it.

Last edited by Vinyl Dash on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:43 am

"Swordie steals the pot," Loyal said with obvious amusement.

S.PACKAGE: 18, 200
R. ALLURE: 19, 200
S. SPUR: 24, 400
OZYMANEDIAS: 18, 200

"Aww, that's it?" White mock-whined, wiping a glass.

(Apologies twice.

Apology one for the brevity, can't really think of descriptive posts with exams on the brain.

Apology two for the fact that I've misplaced the records for all of your achievement points. If you you could pm me your achievements, name description and all back to me, that'd be greatly appreciated.)
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:23 am

Silver didn't even smirk as he reached forward and pulled the chips to him. He didn't look too impressed by anypony at the table. Then again, it was hard to read his face at all.

He was satisfied in winning, but the real prize for him was getting a feel for the players. The other high stakes poker games he played usually had more....high stakes when it came to bidding.

Finishing up his drink, he tapped on the glass. "Fine by me."
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:40 pm

"I'm sure it is dear," Rosette said, "Although I wouldn't be too confident yet."

She turned her head to shoot Package a coy smile. "I'm sure there are ponies here more than capable of winning a few hands."

Like myself, she thought. The first hand was good for revealing what the other players were like. Rose always found it best to play safe at the start to see how the others played. There were certainly some interesting characters at this game tonight...
Back to top Go down
Thespi Bacchanalian

Thespi Bacchanalian

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:35 pm

"Qui petit alta nimis, retro lapsus ponitur imis." OzyManedias cautioned Rose before tapping his hoof onto the table expectantly.

"Ozy, stop it with that. Nopony understands you." Vassago groaned from the peanut gallery.

OzyManedias chuckled. "Whatever you say you incorrigible little twit." he leaned back. Poker was a fun enough game, but he felt like the other players were taking it a little too seriously. Although he didn't have much on the line: The money was somepony elses, and the 'family heirloom' was something OzyManedias would rather get rid of.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:35 am

White smiled to herself, scratched her nose, and started scribbling on a notepad.

"Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur," Loyal said plainly, dealing the next round of hole cards.

POT: 1,200

ORDER:
S. PACKAGE: 17, 800
R. ALLURE: 18, 400
SILVER SPUR: 24, 400
OZYMANEDIAS: 18, 200
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:41 am

Silver glanced at Rosette not expressing anything more than he usually did. He was sure there were plenty of opportunities for the others to win. There were plenty of games he lost. Usually he did lose. Those ponies had a lot to lose though. Ponies that really valued their money. Silver did too, but not in the same way.

He caught himself looking at Rosette too long and peeked at his cards. Counting his chips, he pushed in the minimum of 800.

"Call."
Back to top Go down
Thespi Bacchanalian

Thespi Bacchanalian

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:09 am

"Vade crucifigere te in cruce, vos pythonissam!" OzyManedias snapped snarkily at the dealer. He stared at Loyal blankly before registering what language she spoke in. "

"Er... I mean... You speak my language? Either way I am not amused by your comments!" He asked, less testily, but none the less haughtily. He didn't say it, but he was rather surprised that such an unassuming maid would know so much to construct a sentence of the dead language. He put his cards on the table.

"Fold."
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:28 pm

((Thank you all for your wonderfully fantastic patience))

"I'm sure there are ponies here more than capable of winning a few hands."

"Oh, I'm sure all of the ponies here are capable of winning a few hands. Probably more than a few, actually."

The cards were dealt, and Package quickly took a peek at his, committing them to memory and ignoring the strange exchange between Ozy and Loyal as he did so. He had no idea what either pony was saying when they weren't speaking Equestrian, and he really doubted he could figure it out on his own.

Silver called, Ozy folded, and, when it was his turn, Package also called, sliding 400 bits towards the middle of the table without much more than a second thought. He took another sip of his drink and frowned when liquid stopped flowing from his glass, but didn't ask for a refill. That'll have to do for now.

((Apologies for any typos that I may have missed, for this keyboard has proven to be quite stupid))
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:59 am

"Now, now. Some may consider it rude to speak another language in the presence of those who don't understand it," Rose commented, flicking her mane a little, as it always threatened to hang down in front of her eyes.

She lifted a hoof to inspect her cards and mulled over her decision. A slight feeling of disappointment couldn't be staved off as she lay her cards back down again.

"Fold," she announced regrettably, although she didn't show it. No matter if her cards weren't up to scratch, as there was other ways to pass the time and to enjoy the night. She looked towards Ozymandias.

"I must say, I am intrigued to know about this family heirloom of yours. Would you be so kind as to tell us?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:40 pm

"Oh, I just have an affinity for dead things," Loyal smirked, "Maybe that's why everypony's being cautious this evening."

POT: 2, 400

Flop: Ace of hearts, King of Diamonds, Jack of Hearts

The dealer of the evening turned to Spur and said in a dangerous tone, "I didn't really think you would accept the invitation. We parted on...less than amiable terms."
Back to top Go down
Thespi Bacchanalian

Thespi Bacchanalian

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:05 am

""Oh, I just have an affinity for dead things,"

"Then you're going to love me." OzyManedias muttered as he scratched his head.

"Now, now. Some may consider it rude to speak another language in the presence of those who don't understand it," The red mare said. OzyManedias let out a exhalation of breath.

"Yes... right..." Its very hard, having a native language that happens to be dead. OzyManedias never really coped to well with big life changes. He perked up as the Mare spoke up again.

"I must say, I am intrigued to know about this family heirloom of yours. Would you be so kind as to tell us?"

"No." He said flatly. "I would not."

Vassago frowned. "Ozy's just being difficult. Give him a few drinks and I'm sure he will open up."

OzyManedias' ears flattened as he glared at his younger friend. "I will not discuss this matter any further. That is enough out of you."
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:20 pm

"Oh, I just have an affinity for dead things. Maybe that's why everypony's being cautious this evening."

Pretty sure that qualifies as creepy... Once the first three cards were shown to the remaining two players, Package simply said "check" and then casually sat back in his chair, listening in to the conversation around him but not responding to what the other ponies had to say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poker Night at the Household   Poker Night at the Household - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poker Night at the Household
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2