My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Thread: OC Items

Go down 
+4
Fireseeker
Wild Card
dontpressenter
Vastile
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vastile

Vastile

New Thread: OC Items Empty
PostSubject: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Having a new thread for OC items is only a good thing.

Like the OC Home Thread, but for smaller things.

I have an OC named Gilded Lance, who fights with a unique weapon, called Solar Flare.

That weapon would have it's own topic, within this newly created thread.

I suggest a little form, like the homes, be something along the lines of:

Name:
Type of Item:
Size:
Origins:
Meaning to OC:

I hope you find this a good idea.

~Vastile
Back to top Go down
http://Vastile.Deviantart.com
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

PostSubject: Re: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:42 pm

An OC inventory?

An interesting idea, but we'll have to have more ponies that are going to use such a subtopic in order for it to go ahead.

So, does anypony else have use for this suggestion?
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:06 am

I could work something out with this. I've been wanting to specialize Brawny's guitar a bit. And I could use it for Recurve's bow. So yeah, that's 2 people who could get use out of it so far
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:03 am

I could see me having a use for such a thread.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:51 am

I can't see any ponies of mine needing such, but you guys knock yourselves out. :D
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

PostSubject: Re: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Vastile's glasses, hat, and trumpet. I would maybe move The High Spirits of here, being an Airship/Living Space. Any other MLP vehicle would be put here. I think it would be nice.
Back to top Go down
http://Vastile.Deviantart.com
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:20 pm

If enough members support the idea, then it would be senseless to ignore it and not give it a try. But I have conflicting feelings about it.

Firstly, what is the ultimate purpose of it and how will it contribute to everyday RP? Is the current way we manage personal items sufficient enough? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Also, would it be necessary to make these into topics of their own? I can't see someone going into an items sub forum to learn about what some other OC has on them. It would be better if it were on the character sheet or linked to it from the character sheet. Also there might be a need to devote moderators to read over these items as i can see magic items being desirable and require balancing.

Items are neat and a nice bonus feature, but could also distract from the main purpose of the forum and go bonkers on 'accessorizing' their pony. Material wealth so to say. But that would vary on how we apply the concept to the forum. With enough support, it can be done, but will require organizing.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:13 am

*nods at Kore's detailed and really formal but logical answer* Gotta agree with Kore. Honestly, it would be fun and interesting, but if I encountered an object in an roleplay I probably wouldn't check it. Unless it was a REAL out there one. Like a hooked dagger or something.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:35 am

I just think there would be little reason for the item subforum. Why not just describe items in roleplay or on the character sheet? In my mind the only reason a sub forum would exist would be for bigger or stranger items, maybe even items requiring the permission of a mod to have. I think if an item is such an important part of a character that it warrants its own information, then it should just be placed on the character's profile.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:10 am

In that case, would it not be beneficial to have an optional item/object subject on the character sheet?

That way people can include an important item with their character without the need for a separate thread.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:11 pm

While I certainly agree with the thinking behind the idea for a new thread, Kore makes a great point.

So I would definitely have to say that there should be an optional item section on the character sheet. that would be a lot more efficient in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Thread: OC Items   New Thread: OC Items I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Thread: OC Items
Page 1 of 1