My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Perusing Paperbacks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Perusing Paperbacks Empty
PostSubject: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:08 am

Starcatcher landed softly in front of the tall building, dominating the space in front of her. Peering into one of the many windows, she discovered all of the walls to be lined with books. "Perfect... Just what I was looking for." Pushing open the door with a hoof, she walked up to a couple of shelves, scanning the myriad of novels they had there. "Now let's see... Black Beauty... The Three Musketeers... Oh, they even have The Davinci Code! What a comprehensive collection..." she mumbled to herself as she took a step back to see if she could find the one book she was searching for.
Climbing up one of the nearby ladders, she pulled herself along the shelf, sifting through the titles until she finally found what she was looking for. "Aha! Here it is! Les Maresirables!" Pulling out the book with a triumphant flourish, she slid down the ladder as she opened the heavy novel. Trotting over to a corner, the sky blue mare settled down comfortable, and, opening the book, immersed herself in it's pages.
Back to top Go down
Cloudburst7

Cloudburst7

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Azure looked up from his novel, Don Quixote, which he had been so enticed by up until now. The sound of anypony coming in here was surprising to him; he was usually one of the only individuals to inhabit the library.

Lo and behold, he was met with a familiar sight: Starcatcher. Oddly enough, she'd situated herself not two tables away from him before beginning to read a novel of her own.

"Well, isn't this a pleasant surprise?"

The stallion let a low chuckle from under his breath, eyes flitting back down to the hardcover currently in his possession. He finished the page he was on, moving on to the next with a deft flick of the hoof.

"I didn't think I'd see anypony here, let alone somepony I know."

Last edited by Cloudburst7 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 am

Starcatcher nodded absentmindedly, already lost in the world of one of the smaller Prench Revolutions. Her heart went out to poor Eponyne, with her unrequited love for Mareius who never even noticed her. Teal eyes skipping over the pages, she scanned the words, absorbing the meaning and understanding it in seconds.
Back to top Go down
Cloudburst7

Cloudburst7

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:00 am

Seems like conversation wasn't exactly viable in this situation; she hardly even knew he was there. Then again, books had a peculiar finesse about them; one that could draw you into a whole new world. He might be better off just leaving the mare to her business, he might get a word of actual conversation later... after they finished their novels.

And with that, he let himself get whisked away, back into the world of literature before him. His eyes skipped over the pages, following the chivalrous tales of Don Quixote, and his squire, Sancho Panza.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 am

With a sigh of frustration, Starcatcher closed her book with a snap and placed it on the table. Massaging her eyes, she sighed, trying to rid her eyes of the soreness. She just couldn't do it. It was just to hard to read. Picking it up, she turned to place it on the shelf in it's original spot, and started when she saw the familiar face of Azure.
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 pm

[[OOC: I'm going to assume that I may still join this thread since it is marked as 'Open to Anypony]]

The library was easily the least objectionable place in a new town for a pony like Sherlock Holmes. He was performing research and, thus, access to books was a must. The library in Trottingham lacked the books he required- and he was no longer allowed into it due to an incident involving an experiment he conducted with parasprites- so he decided to travel.

Travel wasn't one of his favorite past times as it often involved socializing, albeit on a minimal scale, when on a train or trolley of sorts. Ponyville seemed a rather reprehensible place to him in general; almost every local he came within earshot of seemed to go out of their way to greet him and introduce themselves. One particularly annoying blue pegasus hounded him for several blocks for him giving her the cold shoulder when she tried to introduce herself. Fortunately, she seemed to find something else to do rather than annoy him.

The only interaction Sherlock was willing to engage in was to inquire the information booth at the train station as to the location of the town's library. When it was described to him and an address provided, the stallion left and carried what few things he brought with him in his saddlebags.

He found the library easy enough- it was the only massive tree in the town- and entered. It was virtually empty, with just the smallest handful of other ponies; enough to ensure to him that the library was, in fact, open. He found the coat rack by the door and hung his deerstalker cap up as well as his saddlebags before helping himself to search through the library.
Back to top Go down
Cloudburst7

Cloudburst7

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:37 pm

He chuckled again, seeing it fit to now close the book he had worked his way through, roughly halfway by this point. "Welcome back to reality," he said with the subtlest of grins lying comfortably on his face. "Did you enjoy your novel?" inquired the stallion as he neatly balanced the novel that was the subject of his perusal not moments ago, upon his beck.

Goodness, she jumped easy. Being the calm, perceptive fellow Azure was, he gave her a moment to calm herself. In the meantime, he lazily searched for anymore hardcovers which might come to captivate his interests. His ears flicked immediately towards a new source of noise; the opening of a door not very far off.

Tempted as he may have been to look, it was likely just another pony hoping to get their hooves on a book to read for the next several hours. Better to leave'em to it. "So what brought you here to the library? The prospect of reading, or were you just that eager to see me again?" He looked back, warm smile mixing well with his harmless teasing.

"Speaking of, it's wonderful to come across a familiar face. How are you?" Feeling she'd have settled down by now, Azure saw no issue with situating himself at the same table as her. A gentle thud of the book once making itself home on his back could be heard as it was set down. His demeanor was as bright as ever, and he was eager to make some conversation--despite how reserved he may have come off to her as.

Last edited by Cloudburst7 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:01 am

Pulling herself together, Starcatcher smiled. "Nice to see you again Azure! And... Not really. Too much confusion." she replied, grinning sheepishly as she glanced at the now opening door, intrigued by the brown stallion entering. She was contemplating saying Hi, but was snapped out of it by Azure's next words.

She snorted, now checking through the shelves before pulling out Wives and Daughters. "Don't get to full of yourself Mister." she retorted, settling down as she opened her book. Hearing the thud of a book on her table she didn't even glance up, flicking through the title and a couple of chapters in. "Oh, you know, I'm good. Not much happening lately, had a lot of free time on my hooves. How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Sherlock was not interrupted, intercepted, nor interrogated as he passed through the front most racks of books, magazines, and various other detailed forms of literature. He did not intend to find exactly what he was looking for this trip; time was a precious commodity and he needed to understand the layout of the Library first before he could ascertain where to find the most vital bits of information in the least amount of time in the future.

He did, however, settle down at a table near enough to the section of books that concerned Ponyville's history and began to read, skimming through pages quickly before finding mentions of the Everfree Forest and slowing down his reading to absorb the details more precicely.
Back to top Go down
Cloudburst7

Cloudburst7

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:52 pm

"Aw, you're gonna hurt my feelings." He stuck out his lower lip in a mock sadness. "Am I gonna have to shed crocodile tears too?" He couldn't keep himself from laughing. He sighed soon afterwards, settling down some similarly to Starcatcher. A deep inhale, slow exhale. The book which had been closed was reopened by a mildly eager hoof; though, he refrained from reading just quite yet.

His eyes broke away from the situation at the table, and scanned the library once more. He was looking for any potential candidates to read afterwards. A grin. The Merchant of Venice seemed like a good followup. It was his most favorite of novels after all. "It's been largely the same with me. I just stop by here every now and then to quench my thirst for a good book. "Do you stop by the library often in your travels?" He spoke in a smooth, level tone, some attention being diverted to gaze below at an open Don Quixote. A few short moments of sifting through the words lying on the page, and Azure was back to where he was before having stopped.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Star catcher smiled at his antics, laughing at his mention of crocodile tears. She rolled her eyes dramatically, placing her hooves together in a pleading gesture. "Of course, of course, I'm sincerely sorry oh wise and great Azure Cloudburst, please accept my sincerest of apologies!" she exclaimed, grinning goofily.

Seeing the other stallion settle near the history section, Star's curiosity was piqued by his interesting choice of book. Most ponies would shy away from that section, definitely not interested in delving into the complicated world of Equestria and it's history, most thinking it to be a dull and fruitless endeavor. She shrugged it off though. "Eh, yea, sometimes when I just want to get away from it all." she said, rocking back on her chair as the book lay in front of her forgotten. "When I have the time. You know, aside from stargazing and exploring Everfree. After all, It's one of the best places to watch the stars."
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Sherlock re-read the same page about the Everfree Forest three times before closing the book. Everfree Forest he thought as he put the book back where it belonged. Leaving the history section, he looked through the geography books, grabbing two of them that were based on and around Ponyville, then went to the Nature section and grabbed a book entitled 'Equestrian Forests'

With his two new tomes in hoof, he returned to his previous seat and spread them out, opening them one at a time and skimming through until he came to something that interested him. Reading a few words to verify it, he went to the next book to do the same. In short order, all three books were opened and his eyes were darting from one to the other. The background sounds of conversation by other ponies had long since become naught but light buzzing in his ears as his focus narrowed all of his senses to the task at hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perusing Paperbacks   Perusing Paperbacks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perusing Paperbacks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Equestria :: Ponyville :: The Library-
Jump to: