My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Braving the Night

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:14 am

Midnight blended well with the surrounding darkness. The trees casts perfect shadows in the night, the air was cold and a thin sheet of fog was obscuring the pegasus' view. "Hurry it up Steam! It's already dark and it's getting colder the longer we stay here. Couldn't this wait till morning?"

"Oh don't be such a whiner, it's not that cold out" A white unicorn mare spoke up from behind, wearing a scarf around her neck. Did she forget to tell him that it was going to be a cold night? "And no, it can't wait. The herb I need to make the right finish only pops out at night. Keep looking, there should be a shrub here somewhere."

The pagasus sighed and strained his eyes to look for the plant Steam needed to finish her sculpture. "I can't believe you called me out from Manehattan just to make me chill my tail off in this forest."
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:17 am

Trotting around happily, Starcatcher couldn't be more happy. On a chilly night like this, the stars would be as clear as they ever could be. Glancing around, she searched for a clearing, hoping she could get a good view point. Spotting a gap in the thick foliage, she sat down under a nearby tree and leaned back, getting a perfect view of the sky above her. Sighing contentedly, she drank in the sight of the glorious night.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 am

"Let's check that clearing. Maybe it's there." Steam said happily. Though her happy smile was met with a grumpy sigh. "I thought you knew where they were. For all we know, the thing might not be growing here at all."

"Don't be like that. Searching for it is the fun part." She trotted forward to a clearing with the stallion begrudgingly following behind. The two of them were too engrossed in the search for the herb that they didn't notice the other pony looking at the sky. Not until Steam bumped into her that is. "Oh, sorry dear. I should have been looking at where I was going. Are you alright?"

"Shouldn't you be asking why she's here?"

"Don't be rude, Midnight."

Midnight just shrugged and waited for the other pony to respond.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:10 am

Startled, Starcatcher flinched a bit before regaining her composure. "Oh, hello! Yes I'm alright and because I'm here to see the stars." she said, answering both their question in one go as she gestured to the starry vastness above them. "Why're you two here?" she asked, head tilted.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:26 am

Steam was about to tell her that they were here looking for a herb, but Midnight took the liberty of doing so. "We're here to freeze out tails off looking for a herb that may or may not be growing here to finish my friend's little sculpture for her shop's display. Did I mention we were freezing our tails off?"

Steam gave him a sharp but playful look before turning back. "Yes, we are looking for herb that comes out only at night. It gives a nice, glossy finish to wood, you see." She outstretched her hoof to the mare. "My name is Steam Heart, and he's Midnight Spirit. We're from Manehattan but currently staying in Ponyville. Well, actually I've settled down in Ponyville while Midnight is just visiting."

"Visiting? More like dragged into staying." He giggled before resuming his search for the herb. The sooner he found it, the sooner they'll be able to get out of here before the nasty creatures come out, or before they froze to death. Even though the latter was clearly exaggerated, he still thought it was possible.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:39 am

Starcatcher giggled, the sound ringing the the air like a windchime. She nodded, understanding the other pony's predicament - he was obviously not dressed for this kind of weather. "Well, my name's Starcatcher, pleased to meet you!" she said happily, shaking hoofs with the other pony. "Manehatten, huh? I've heard of that place..." she mumbled thoughtfully, sifting through her memories. "Anyway, what's this herb you're looking for like?" she asked, wondering if she could help.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:16 am

Steam shook hooves with the mare named Starcatcher. She thought that it was a lovely name. "Well, the herb is called 'Lunar Bloom' and only pops out at night. When it's exposed to moonlight, it gives a brilliant but faint glow. But because this forest's trees are too thick, it's hard to find the blooms, and they rarely grow in clearings like these, but it couldn't hurt to look, right? It would sure be a jackpot if you could find a clearing full of Lunar Blooms."
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:49 am

Starcatcher nodded, locking this information away somewhere in the depths of her mind. "Lunar Blooms, huh..." she mumbled to herself, mulling it over. "Well, I could help you look if you like!" she said hopefully, blue eyes glinting in the moonlight.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:32 am

"That would be grand!" Steam got up and shook Starcatcher's hooves vigorously. "Thank you for the offer, darling. Now, the flower's petals are white and has a golden center. If you see something like it, put it out on the moonlight, if it glows, then you found one." Steam trotted to the edge of the clearing to resume her search. Steam noticed that Midnight wasn't in the clearing anymore and just presumed that he'd gone into the forest to look. 'He should be fine if he doesn't wander off too far.'
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:38 am

Starcatcher nodded, before trotting off in the other direction, scanning the ground as she did so. Shouldn't be too hard... she thought, weaving through trees as she kept her eyes firmly glues on the ground. Checking through a couple of roots and bushes, she spotted a small glowing patch out of the corner of her eye. Puzzled, she turned and tracked down the source to a small gap between two trees. Squeezing through, her eyes widened and she gasped, in awe at the sight before her. The small clearing that she had stumbled upon was filled with a small plant that was giving off a blue glow, probably from the shafts of moonlight filtering through the leaves. But upon closer inspection, Star was shocked to find that the glow was coming from the flowers themselves.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:05 am

(Your signature is kinda stretching the forum)

While the girls were out searching in the clearing, Midnight went deeper into the woods. Armed with a fallen branch, he spread the canopy apart to let some moonlight through to touch the ground. It was a more efficient way of searching for the herb, he thought, but so far he didn't have much luck. Nevertheless he kept on going with his strategy.

It took a while, but finally he found something on the ground that glowed. Midnight hovered down to investigate and pulled something out, but it wasn't a herb, it was something metallic. "Knowing Steam, she's gonna love this." Midnight placed the object in his sling bag and picked the branch up again, resuming to poke the leaves.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Starcatcher examined the herbs, making sure that they fit Steam's requirements. White petals, check. Golden center... I think. And it glows. She checked everything off mentally, finally deciding that this was indeed the elusive herb that Steam was hunting for. Turning around, she carefully stepped out of the clearing, making sure not to accidentally squish any of the beautiful plants. Now... where are they? She scanned the area for any sign of them, but alas, didn't see even the flick of a tail.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Steam had strayed into the forest without realizing. She was too engrossed in the search that she failed to notice that it was getting darker. It was when she heard a rustle that she found herself some distance away from the clearing. The rustling was getting closer and Steam double timed it back to the clearing. She heard that Everfree was the home of some dangerous creatures and best not push her luck by going solo.

Meanwhile, Midnight was still out searching without any luck. He decided to return before any of them got lost or hurt. After all, he was the only stallion there. And there was talk of strange creatures here, especially the- "Timberwolves..." That was the first thing that popped into his mind when he heard a low growl amongst the rustling bushes. He flew back to the clearing, sighing in relief as the two mares were there. "I think it's time we go. Something's coming this way."
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Starcatcher smiled as Steam trotted into view, glad she didn't have to venture into the now dark forest on her own. It wasn't really something she wanted to do, even with her acute eyesight. She waited for Midnight to appear, before, eyes glowing with excitement, motioned for them to follow her. She turned tail and trotted a little distance off before waiting for them.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:28 pm

"Just a sec Midnight." Steam said as she followed Starcatcher. She looked as if she found something. If it was the Lunar Bloom, they'd be in luck. "What'cha find Star?" She was eager to take a look and it showed.

Midnight followed but stayed behind the two, casually glancing behind. He didn't want to stay here any longer with the possibility of a timberwolf attack, but he acted nonchalantly so the other two won't panic.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:33 pm

Starcatcher smiled, quickening her pace slightly as they neared the clearing she had discovered. Glancing behind to make sure they had had kept up, she saw Midnight looking slightly shifty but ignored it. Eventually, they were bathed in a slight blue glow, and Starcatcher galloped over to the gap in the trees, her excitement overwhelming her as she squeezed through the gap breathlessly, eager to show them her discovery.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:57 pm

Steam was smiling ear to ear when she saw something glow in the distance. She squeezed through the trees and when she looked, she could have jumped through the canopy. They hit the jackpot! The small clearing was full of Lunar Blooms, all ripe for the picking. Steam had never seen so many in one place. "Midnight, hand me the bag, would you dear?" Midnight handed the bag to her through the trees, he didn't seem to want to get in. Thinking nothing of it, Steam gently took a few hoof fulls and placed them in the bag, but not before taking off the stamen of the flowers and dropping them where she picked it. "It would be a waste if the blooms die out here. Okay, this will do. Shall we go?" She asked the other mare.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Star catcher nodded, a wide smile gracing her features as she saw Steam's happiness. "You lead the way." she said, gesturing with a hoof to the small gap in between the trees.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:09 am

"No! Stay there!" Midnight said through the trees, pushing Steam back as she tried to get out. "Do you hear that?" He was hunched low behind a bush. There was some rustling somewhere ahead. "Don't do anything stupid Midnight."

"I think it's a timberwolf. I'll lure it out, and you two make a break for it."

"That's the definition of stupid. Don't go looking for the fangs, just hide! Hey, get back here!"

Midnight cautiously sneaked towards the noise, hoping it wasn't what he was thinking.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 7:31 am

Starcatcher looked on with wide eyes, trying to peer around Steam. She spotted Midnight sneaking towards something else, but she was still confused as to what it was. A timberwolf? What was that?
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:03 pm

"Alright, whoever you are, come out or I'll drag you out." Midnight changed his voice to a much darker tone to sound more intimidating. He was crouched up in a stance that made it easy for him to strafe to either side. He hoped it wasn't a timberwolf, but the foul smell of their breaths just sank his hopes.

There was a slight rustle in front of him. He froze and concentrated. He could feel eyes piercing through his body, and knew he wouldn't get out of this unscathed. It felt like an eternity before the first pair of claws finally darted towards his face. Midnight made a quick roll to the left and the gigantic claws managed to break his glasses in half, but luckily didn't scratch his skin. He made a quick buck to the timber wolf's side before running off into the forest, away from the mares.

Steam waited for a moment before getting out. "We have to hurry out of here. Midnight will be fine, let's go!"
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Starcatcher hesitated before nodding and dashing after the mare. She was worried for the stallion, but there was nothing she could really do.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:05 am

Steam followed a dirt path that she was sure to lead out of Everfree forest, not slowing down for any reason. Every single moment they waste would make the situation even more dangerous. It wouldn't take long for a pack of timber wolves to find the two, so the sooner they were out of there, the better. But Steam couldn't help but worry about Midnight. She knew he could handle a few claws, but there was just something wrong. Shaking off her worries, she continued to run, occasionally looking back to see if Starcatcher was still behind her.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:25 am

Starcatcher galloped after her friend, sweeping the forest ahead and behind them. She kept a close lookout lest they be attacked, and occasionally glanced behind to make sure they weren't being followed.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:59 am

The two reached the exit, but howls from the timberwolves sent shivers down Steam's spine. She stopped at the edge, hesitant to run back to town just yet. "I know he can take care of himself... but..." Steam just couldn't make herself take another step from the forest. "Star... You go on ahead if you want, I'll stay here and wait for Midnight."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Braving the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braving the Night   Braving the Night I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Braving the Night
Page 1 of 1