My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Research

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quillon

Quillon

Research Empty
PostSubject: Research   Research I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 4:26 pm

"Guuuulgh".
Quillon closes the umpteenth book on Equestrian folklore. Nothing in here either.
He replaces the book haphazardly, yawning. How long had he been here? 3 days? And still nothing. Lady Luck was spitting on him from her golden cloud of buttery popcorn and chocolate milk and awesome. Curse you, you old crab!
"Floor, I need a hug," He says out loud, before collapsing onto the ground and passing out.
Back to top Go down
Random Encounter

Random Encounter

Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research   Research I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Hello?

A voice, so strange that one did not hear it through one's ears, but rather through one's heart echos in Quillon's mind.

Hello? Hello? Can you hear me? You seem to be in distress. Is that correct? Can I help you?
Back to top Go down
Quillon

Quillon

Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research   Research I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 2:41 pm

"Wh-whagh!" He... thinks? He seems to be floating through a misty aether. "H-hello? Who is this?" "Heyhey, trippy journey into my mind!" He thinks... except he's thinkinh right now since he's in his mind. Thinkception? "Uuurgh."
Back to top Go down
Random Encounter

Random Encounter

Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research   Research I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Actually, you've entered into my mind. the voice says, a little reproachfully, It's not very nice of you, you know. Now I have to create space to accommodate you.

A floor materialises beneath Quillion's feet. It is a nice floor, made of soft green carpet embroidered with strange shapes which tessellated, but never repeated in pattern.

Also, the word you're looking for is 'recursion'. Don't think about it too hard, I do not wish to have a mess on my carpet. As for who I am...I go by many names, but I prefer to be undefined. Now, who are you, and what are you doing here?
Back to top Go down
Quillon

Quillon

Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research   Research I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:25 pm

"I am Quillon, the Devourer of Sandwiches!" he declares proudly. "And I haven't got the foggiest what I'm doing here. I was doing some serious research in Canterlot's Library. Like, man, you wouldn't even believe how hard. I read until I passed out. All that stamina I guess all that built up from running away from nasties really paid off." He gazes around. "You know, I think you should get some wallpaper. I think that lime-green would really suit this place. Anyway, who may I have the pleasure of addressing?"

(The creature mentioned has appeared in one of my previous RP's. Here's a linky linky...)
Linky linky
Back to top Go down
Random Encounter

Random Encounter

Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research   Research I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Quillon, for wallpaper I would need walls, and walls would only imprison my mind. Be thankful that I am gracious enough to provide a floor. Speaking of minds, did you know a rogue spirit is now hiding in yours? Trying its very best to escape my notice? I find it cute, but it's leaving your memories in a dreadful state.

There was a sound of rustling papers.

An eternal tome? Oh deary me, Quillon, you simply get curiouser and curiouser. I think maybe I should introduce myself properly.

I am what happens when one decides to place countless magical texts in a relatively small area. You know the equation knowledge = power =energy = magic? When all of that combined knowledge interacts with each other you get something that can think, or at least act like it can think. My little pony, I am the Canterlot Library. I don't know all, but what I do know, I know well.

So, Quillon, devourer of sandwiches. You come to me seeking knowledge. What do you wish to know?
Back to top Go down
Quillon

Quillon

Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research   Research I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:28 pm

"Woah, you're reading my mind like an open book. Damn, I guess you're one of those "Ancient-ethereal-presence-of-groundbreaking-might-and-knowledge" Deals? Bang on. I know my literary tropes" He muses. "Anyway, I was searching for information on this.. well, you've probably seen it while you were mucking about in my head. Snarky inky dude, condescending wit. Any information on it? I want to find out what it is.... then whack it around a bit until it goes away and never harms anyone again!" He says brightly. "So, big cosmic wisdom dude, I, er, beseech you to help me in my quest for, er, righteousness!"
Back to top Go down
Random Encounter

Random Encounter

Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research   Research I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Well, no. I'm just a library. Just one that can think. I'm less than 300 years old. That's hardly ancient. But just because ideas are tenacious doesn't mean they are worthy.

There was a sigh.

My nature makes it difficult to want to help a book thief, but it appears that you are not quite sure of your sin that you hold in your hooves. You see, if someone steals a book from me...the thief will find that his memories are being drained from until he is a wandering, meaningless shell.

The eternal tome you have is not mine, but it is stolen from a library like me. The 'spirit' in your mind is a anti-theft precaution, and is the book is trying to get home by attacking the 'thief', that is, you.

So, instead of a quest of righteousness, maybe you should seek for a quest of redemption. Return the eternal tome to its rightful place, and the 'spirit' should not trouble you any longer.
Back to top Go down
Quillon

Quillon

Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research   Research I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:03 pm

"Oooooh. I... wait..... ah." He scratches his chin. "That sorceror did kind of give me a long borig lecture about it.... I recall something about a spirit sealed inside.... wanted me to take it off his hands..." He blinks. "Wait, he must have taken it, blast him! I have to set things right!" A sudden realisation hits him. "W-wait, hold on a minute! My life's goal is to record my adventures in here as an epic to be passed down through the ages! My life's dream can never come true without it, I can't afford that much paper, and dividing it up into volumes would be a money-making scam!" He sighs. "Uuurgh.... moral crisis. Seen it a million times." He raises his head. "Well, that's my problem, not yours. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it." He frowns. "This is tough. Achieve my dream, but risk putting myself and others in danger through this spirit's torment, or abandon my dream.... my promise.... to set things right." He seems pained. "I need to think. Thanks again for your help, can you please return me to the material plane?"

(OOC: Hey, this has really expanded my OC's backstory and at the same time set in place the events for an amazing RP. Judging by RE's style of writing, I'm guessing ID is using RE. Many thanks. cheers )
Back to top Go down
Random Encounter

Random Encounter

Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research   Research I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:17 pm

You strange ponies and your strange dreams. The voice commented.

---

In the physical world, a small book trembled on its shelf, before popping out of its place, where it fell...

...onto Quillon's head.
Back to top Go down
Quillon

Quillon

Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research   Research I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 8:08 am

"Gleugh!" He jolts awake, the book open on his head in a tent-like shape. As he shakes his head to clear his vision, the book falls onto the floor. He quickly grabs it and checks the cover. "Pre-classical Era Folklore? Sounds promising." He turns to the large hourglass in the centre of the library. "Thanks, bro!" He then trots off to find the librarian to rent the book,he feels the best way to probe his findings would be at a nice cafe somewhere in Canterlot...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research   Research I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Research
Page 1 of 1