My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fallout Equetria AU

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Fallout Equetria AU Empty
PostSubject: Fallout Equetria AU   Fallout Equetria AU I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:33 am

Fallout Equestria on Equestria Daily (Suggested you read at least a few chapters before responding. And even if you don't respond, please still read it for it's pure awesomeness)

When I first joined these forums, I was actually a bit surprised that they didn't have a Fallout Equestria AU, and I was wondering if it might have a chance to be implemented into the forums. It's quite popular among the MLP:FiM community and I would believe it'd be a great addition to these forums. Of course, some things would have to be worked out, such as the creation of Fallout Equestria based characters, the ratio of ponies and equipement allowed, etc., but I think if the details were polished up, then it'd still become a great inclusion.

User's and admin's comments would be greatly appreciated, tell me what you think of this!
Back to top Go down
http://mlp-foe-oc-rp.forumotion.com/
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Equetria AU   Fallout Equetria AU I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:03 am

AUs in general are hard to implement, and the ones that do get started tend to burn out. See; basically all our AUs. The problem is a lack of long term interest beyond the initial 'wouldn't it be cool if...' stage, and general aimless wandering that leads ultimately nowhere.

We've yet to overcome these problems.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Equetria AU   Fallout Equetria AU I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Hmm...

I have to say I can't argue with you on that. AU's in the past have shown to die pretty quickly. But if we were to know that a number of roleplayers would be willing to keep it going...
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Equetria AU   Fallout Equetria AU I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:19 am

Can I make a suggestion?

From what little previous roleplay experience I've had, AU's or similar themed roleplay's work best in a more traditional sense of roleplaying. In other words, they have a 'dungeon master,' or an admin for the roleplay.

Usually the host, the admin makes all the world decisions around the players to create the story for them. This means he controls the environment and non-player characters, although players can control non-player characters to some extent too. Of course, they can also have a character in the roleplay which can help progress the story.

Also, the admin must plan the roleplay in advance, so that the players have a targets to achieve, rather than aimless wandering.

Using myself as a player and Vinyl Dash as a host, here's a rough example of what I mean:

Vinyl Dash

< In front of you is a poorly lit room in ruins. A grubby window allows some light in for you to see around. What little furniture is scattered around you is broken into pieces and useless now. On the far wall is a door, slightly open but revealing only darkness into another room. >

Fireseeker

Fireseeker scanned the area, judging by the state of the room that nopony probably lived here. But he couldn't be sure...
Lacking any weapon, he approached a broken chair and took hold of a heavy wooden chair leg.
Standing close to the open door, he called out.
"Hello?"

The only major problem with this is that the admin has to be present quite a lot in order to reply as the environment. Players can interact freely with each other without the admins intervention although he can interrupt anytime with an event.
Also, whilst the admin is in control of the roleplay, they must make modest use of their powers and not god-mod, etc.

An issue I see with this is that it goes against all other roleplay formats on this site, so it needs approval from site admins, mods, or whoever approves this stuff.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Equetria AU   Fallout Equetria AU I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:23 pm

I see what your saying, Fireseeker. "Dungeon masters" or "Directors" can often be used in roleplays, although as you said it does not seem to be common on this roleplay site. I hadn't thought of that, but if there were an admin or even just normal players that would be able to play such a part in the roleplay, it would most likely help in reducing god-modding, meta-gaming, and increase fairness overall. Of course, they would have to not let their powers favor their own roleplaying characters if they chose to have any, they would have to be able to intervene the right amount as to not mess up the storyline(s), etc. Though I do think that could be a good idea if someone/some people were willing and able to do so.

However, as Intelligent said, the biggest problem would most likely be keeping the Fallout Equestria AU up and running. We could easily just post an announcement thread to find such a "Director" or just ask around admins, and even without him/her the roleplay would most likely still go on without too many problems. Rules can be easily established and the threads themselves could easily be made, but we would have to be able to know that a good many people would be willing to add and be a part of this.

Actually, I was wondering if creating a poll might be a good way to settle that, to see what people would think about this...?
Back to top Go down
Rookie Star

Rookie Star

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Equetria AU   Fallout Equetria AU I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Heh.

I'm in, actually. I have four characters that were made in the Fallout Equestria universe. I'd be glad to act as a sort of 'admin' for this, or, hell, even make the whole plot. I know how to keep these roleplays running, but we need people.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Equetria AU   Fallout Equetria AU I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:11 am

True that. I think it'd be a great idea, we just need people. Hm, I'm thinking if maybe a poll might be in place, in order to see how many people would be willing to join.
Back to top Go down
Rookie Star

Rookie Star

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Equetria AU   Fallout Equetria AU I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Well, i dont really know how to start up a poll, thats all you.

Though i'd gladly join it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Equetria AU   Fallout Equetria AU I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equetria AU
Page 1 of 1