My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:44 am

"Clouds... What happens when a non pegasi goes through a cloud? Or a thundercloud, even?"

So many factors, so many factors for Intel to consider. This was very enjoyable.

"What happens when a machine passes through one?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:04 am

"A-About w-what you'd e-expect, u-unless i-it's e-enchanted." Icarus then whistled as he brought a hoof down, and made a SPLAT Noise.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:25 am

Intel looked at Icarus over the rim of his glasses.

"Enchanted clouds? Seriously?"

At least normal clouds behaved...normally. So the AME wouldn't react unexpectedly to them at least. Of course, it would react to just about everything else under the sun (including the sun); that was how it worked. But even he shuddered to think what might happen if somepony actually applied magic to the thing. It would be certain- no, it would be uncertain death.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:20 am

"N-No, n-not t-the clouds... T-The things o-on t-the clouds. T-The m-machine, o-or p-pony." He said, smiling.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:51 am

Intel sighed in relief. "Thank Celestia, enchanted clouds would have been almost too much to bear."

He looked over the other designs. Some were even more impractical, others were simple gliders. Well, really well designed gliders.

Intel smirked. "Who's the unlucky pony that actually tests these things?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Icarus Coughed, looking embarrassed. "W-Well... I-I do."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:03 am

"...oh."

Intel looked back at the designs, and wondered, "How many times have you injured yourself doing this?"

At least with Intel's devices like the dampener, testing can be done at a very safe distance, and antireactants are very helpful in suppressing an out of control enchantment. But to actually put oneself inside a device and launching yourself off a great height to test its flying capability...

It was at this moment that Intel realized that Icarus was much, much, braver than he looked.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:06 am

Icarus smiled weakly. "I-I've b-broken l-legs c-constantly... M-Most of t-the d-doctors a-at M-Manehattan G-General k-know m-my name b-by heart by n-now..." He said, Giving a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:23 am

Intel smiled a genuine smile. He liked this Icarus. Self-sacrifice for the betterment of ponykind. What's more he liked Ponyville. Yes, this is where he was going to live. And if he was going to live here...

"Do you mind...Can I work for you Mr Icarus? You see, much like your dreams of flight, the Ambient Magic Engine is my dream. You wish to give flight to everypony, I wish to give magic. You and I are very similar, and our ambitions moreso. However, both of us have our shortcomings in achieving our goals. But if we work together, I believe we can overcome our obstacles, and advance ponykind.

So, do you mind if I work for you?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:27 am

Icarus was plain shocked. Barely even a day in the 'Shop, and He already had someone ask to join him there.

"I-I... I-I'd b-be Honored! A-As P-Partners, T-Though, I-I'll h-have none o-of that 'W-Work for' b-business... W-What do you s-say? P-Partners?" He finally said after a pause, extending a hoof for a hoof-shake.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:38 am

Intel raised his eyebrows. Wow, okay. That was even better.

Reciprocating the handshake, his response was just as firm. "Partners, then. Thank you, Icarus."

Right. Enough pleasantries. Time to work.

"Okay, then!" Intel exclaimed, "What's first?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:42 am

Icarus nodded, going to a small stack of papers. "N-Not a w-whole lot, s-since w-we started... W-We've g-got a b-buggy t-to fix... C-Couple t-tune-ups..."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:51 am

Well, they can't all be amazing feats of science.

Intel looked at Icarus inquisitively. "What happened to the buggy?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:59 am

Icarus pulled up a piece of paper and read off it. "M-Main H-Harness snapped off, A-And t-the breaks g-gave out... W-Went o-out of c-control a-around t-that hill i-in t-town..." Icarus nodded, sighing softly. "W-Wouldn't t-take t-too much t-to put a f-fence o-or s-something..."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:10 am

"Yeah, you can't rely on some wonderpony rescuing everyone in the nick of time," Intel commented dryly.

Remember, it's a simple repair job. No "modifications" or "improvements".

Not even the brakes?

...No.

Intel looked around. "So, what do we need?"

Do you even know how to fix vehicles?

Well, no, but who are you, anyway?

Common sense.

Well, shut up, and let me do the thinking. Fixing a vehicle is going to be simple once I see it and figure out it works. It's just a matter of simple mechanics, after all.

"...and are we going to build that fence? Somepony's got to do it, why not us?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:19 am

Icarus nodded and levitated some parts onto the table. [color=grey]"T-The o-originals a-are Shot, s-so We're g-gonna have to r-replace them... G-Got t-the Materials h-here, t-two sets of b-breaks, a-and a n-new h-harness.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:05 am

"Right so where is this infamous buggy?" Intel asked. He looked at the parts. Yep, nothing too complex there. The buggy wasn't going to do anything special. Screwing about would only make the thing inefficient. Maybe after this small job, he could start looking for an actual house.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:27 am

Icarus nodded, looking back at the Piece of paper. "C-Currently, It's H-Held over n-near t-town h-hall..." He said, heading out the door. "S-So glad it's j-just a-across t-the way..."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:52 am

"Right," Intel replied following suit.

Something was bothering him though, and he didn't want to ask outright. It would be rude to the one who had just given you a job. He just wondered if his new 'partner' was always this jittery of speech. Maybe it had something to do with how he was this morning (he looked fine now), or maybe it was just a permanent stutter. Maybe he was just nervous, but nopony was that continually frightened, right?

Ah, that could wait. It was time for work.

But not without some conversation. "So, Icarus, have you been in Ponyville long?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:02 am

Icarus started pulling on the broken-buggy, leading it to the Shop. "J-Just g-got back l-last n-night..."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:16 am

Ugh. Physical exertion.

Despite the thought, Intel helped pull the buggy. "-got back? As in, you originally lived here, and went away? Where did you go?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:36 am

Iccy gave a grunt, smiling weakly. "S-Sorry, Meant I j-just moved here y-yesterday..." Beyond that, the buggy rolled easily into the Garage.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:43 am

"How many ponies moved here yesterday?" Intel exclaimed, more to himself.

No, seriously.

"Well, what a coincidence. I came here from Canterlot yesterday because of..." Intel paused. "Well, let's just say there was a conflict of interests. As of today, I've been looking for a job and a place of residence. Thanks to you, half of what I need to do is done."

There was a moment of silence as the buggy rolled into the garage. "So, where did you come from?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:54 am

Icarus smiled, grabbing a tool. "M-Manehattan, b-but I used t-to live in C-Canterlot... W-Worked u-under a m-mechanic t-there, t-too." He said, smiling.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:05 am

Intel picked up a tool of his own and started removing the broken harness. "Really? Who was he if I may ask?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next