My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after Empty
PostSubject: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Icarus groaned, rubbing his eyes, Nearly rolling off his futon, heading down to his first floor, holding a hoof to his head. "Uuuugh.... M-My head..." He groaned, opening the Garage.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:01 pm

Whatever Intel was expecting from Ponyville's mechanic, it probably wasn't this. He had heard of the place only yesterday...evening or sometime like that and thus made it his priority to rush over there as soon as he possibly could, i.e. after a good night's sleep. He had expected a frantic exchange of idea between two like minded ponies about designing things no pony was meant to. A discussion with a inventor, an artist of functionality and ingenuity.

Intel looked at the mechanic that had just opened his garage.

Said mechanic looked terrible.

"Um," Intel started uncertainly. "Is this a bad time?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Iccy winced a little, smiling weakly. "N-No, I-It's f-fine..." He smiled, grabbing a cup of coffee with magic. "S-So, u-um, W-What can I h-help with?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Intel sighed in relief.

"Well, if you say so!" He strolled into the garage and looked around. "So, Mr...uh. My name is Intelligent Design, Mr Mechanic. Please call me Intel instead. I was just curious on what a mechanic actually does around these parts." His eyes glanced over the sketches and blueprints everywhere. They seemed to have a very common theme...

Intel smirked. "Now, that's very curious." He motioned towards a random sketch of a theoretical flying machine. "Can you please explain what you were trying to do here?"

The answer was pretty obvious, but Intel wanted to her the expanation straight form the horse's mouth.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:32 pm

"W-Well, t-there's w-working on T-Trains... E-Eh?" He looks around the workshop, noticing his blueprints. "T-This m-my l-life's w-work..."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 pm

"Trains..." Intel snorted, "Don't get me started on them."

Strange horse powered thingies...

He adjusted his glasses to focus on the sketch. "That's a pretty intersting goal, Mr...can I have your real name? It seems awkward calling you Mr Mechanic. And it's a pretty strange life's work, to be honest."

Intel didn't seem to notice that he was talking rather quickly, as he usually did when he was either nervous or excited. Curiousity was burning. A little thing like politeness and civility were among the first casualties.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Icarus squinted a bit as he tried to make out Intel's speil. "M-My name's I-Icarus..."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 pm

"I mean, flying? Why flying of all things, Icarus?" Intel smiled.

He was asking the same question so many others asked about his work. 'Couldn't a spell do the same thing?' 'What would be the use of this?' 'How does this thing actually work? 'How much will this cost' 'Is this, strictly speaking, safe?'

Those were the questions Intel did not ask, for they suggested restriction and uselessness. Intel could see the possible implications of Icarus's work. He just wondered what the inventor saw.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:11 pm

"W-Why F-Flying...?" He smiled, and took a sip of his coffee. "The w-whole r-reason is t-that... I-I w-want f-flight f-for e-everyone... T-To not r-rely on a U-Unicorn o-or P-Pegasus..."

Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:32 pm

"Yes, but why flying?" Intel asked, emphasizing the verb. "Equalizing the three races is a noble goal, but there must be some reason you decided to focus on flying."

Ah, I see the problem. This machine would've required the strength of ten stallions turning this thing at one thousand turns per minute.

"And I think you would experience some difficulties, am I correct?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:39 pm

"W-Well... B-Believe it o-or not, I-it's p-part of m-my Cutie m-mark s-story... A-And you n-nailed m-my problem... N-No f-fuel s-source is v-viable t-to make it f-fly." Icarus said, smiling.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:47 pm

"Well, Icarus. Do you know why pegasi are able to fly? It's because-"

NO

"Argh!" Intel raised a hoof to his head in pain.

Bad idea. We do NOT want to bring up ambience.

He fell back on his haunches. "Well, that sounds like a story! How did you get your cutie mark?" Intel asked brightly, trying to act as if the little episode didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Icarus blinked a moment, Hangover gone in a flash. "... A-Are you o-okay?" Completely ignoring the other question.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:29 pm

"Yes! I'm fine! Yes! Yes. No, I don't think so." Intel's smile vanished. "Just happens sometimes when I'm rambling."

No, it doesn't.

"Yes, it does." Intel took a deep breath. "I don't think I want to talk about it. Please, talk about flying."

Great, now my own mind wants to hold me back. Why? Ambience- Intel winced. -could only help this pony achieve his dreams. Why am I unable to think about it?
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Icarus nodded, smiling. "W-Well... I-I, Um, J-Just s-studied F-Flying a-all my life... e-every b-book I c-could f-find o-on f-flying..."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:52 pm

Intel nodded along as Icarus talked about his passion for flying as he tried hard not to think about ambient magic. Which was difficult, for he kept drawing comparisons between Icarus' passion and his own. Honestly, his parents would be happier if they had Icarus for a son. Nothing wrong could be created by his machinations, unlike his... stop.

For his part, Intel remained silent as he listened to Icarus.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:58 pm

"... A-And t-that's a-about it. W-Whatcha t-think?" Icarus asked, smiling.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:07 am

"You have studied how pegasi fly, right? And how they make up for their lack of aerodynamics?"

Intel tilted his head to one side. He didn't have to directly reference...that, but the very least he could do would be to point Icarus in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:12 am

Icarus nods, smiling. "I-It's a-also h-how they s-stay on c-clouds..." He said. "I-It h-had a term... A-Ambiance Magic, I-I think? O-Or A-Atmosphere m-magic..."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:31 am

"Yes!" NO "Yes, that's it! Ambience! Have you tried applying that to your designs?"

You KNOW this can only end in tragedy.

It didn't hurt to think about ambience any more. Well, it did. A bit.

"That's actually why I came over here, because I have this little idea..."

Intel pulled a rough sketch out of his pack.

"Well, big idea really." He laid it out in front of the inventor. "Here it is; the Ambient Magic Engine."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:37 am

Icarus blinks. and blinks again. And blinked a third time. "T-That's... T-That's e-exactly w-what I w-was w-working on r-recently! H-How d-do you p-power it? H-How do you a-attach it? H-How A-About...?" Icarus paused a moment, Chuckling weakly. "I-I should p-probably s-slow d-down a bit..."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:57 am

"No, Icarus! Progress is like a bicycle! The faster you go, the more you stay on balance! I think, I've never ridden on one of the things."

Despite the dull throbbing in his head, Intel was positively beaming inside.

"Ambient magic is everywhere, and radiates from everything. There are even some strong theories stating that unicorn magic is simply pulling and pushing ambiance. Anyway this thing doesn't even require unicorns to power. It's like an artificial horn."

Which means that you could use it to cast any spell with the right modifications. Ooh! Never thought of that! Must put down a mental note.

"What's going to be the main problem is-" its ability to level an entire city "applying it to a flying machine. I'm going to need your help with that."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:13 am

Icarus nodded, smiling. "I-I s-see..." A blank piece of paper and a quill floated over, sketching the Ambient magic Engine. "I-I'll G-Get it d-down."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:18 am

"By the way, I've only heard of atmosphere magic, but I've never really looked into it. How does it differ from unicorn magic and ambiance? What causes it?"

It was true. Though atmosphere/pegasi magic was a major part of the whole field, Intel never looked into it. What he was studying was complex enough.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:31 am

Icarus nods, smiling. "W-Well... I-It's a t-theory a-about how, d-despite not visibly m-manipulating m-magic, T-They C-Can carry C-Clouds a-and such... B-Basically, C-Cloud Magic."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after   At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At Iccy's Garage: The Morning after
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next