My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Mystery of the Golden Idol!

Go down 
2 posters

Where Should Daffy head Next?
To Orange Dream!
The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_vote_lcap25%The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
To The Equestrian National Museum!
The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_vote_lcap75%The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

The Mystery of the Golden Idol! Empty
PostSubject: The Mystery of the Golden Idol!   The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:38 am

"It was just another day at the office. Calm, Quiet. Kinda boring, really. When, suddenly, This Dame I know, Cute mare, Bursts into the door.
"Daffy Doo, Doo anything Agency. How can I help?"

The Dame looked around a while, before placing an envelope on my desk. Obviously, being the Stout Detective I am, I opened the letter.

The Letter wrote:
"Dear Darling.

I cannot return any longer, For my time is short. Beware the Golden Idol!"

That was it. No Return Address, no signature... This was done as if Dictated, so no chance of even knowing if it was even a unicorn or Pegasus or Even Earth Pony.

The Dame sighed sadly and looked back toward me. 'That was on my Doorstep. Thing is, It's not even Addressed right. I blame that one Mailpony."

I Mused my own thoughts. 'Golden Idol... Does it have anything to do with The New Exhibit at the National Equestrian Library?'

Little did I know, This would bring me into the adventure of a lifetime...

Last edited by Iccy Gear on Sun May 27, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: The Mystery of the Golden Idol!   The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:44 am

I supposed the first thing to do was to try to find who the Letter was supposed to be to. However, I didn't want to spring on the unsuspecting pony, So, Instead, I went to the Local Jazz Club. Anypony who's Anypony came by that club. And, As such, A lot of information can be gathered there... for the right price.

Which brought me to the famous club itself. "Detective Doo, Here to see The Owner, if he's not too busy." I mention to the bouncer, who frowns at me, and goes to see the infamous Owner.

----------------------

"Ey Bass. Som'poni 'ere t'see yeh." the Bouncer said rather thickly. He apparently wasn't the Quickest Gun in the Frontier. "Nam' was... 'er... Somethin' like Does? Detective Does."
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: The Mystery of the Golden Idol!   The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:51 am

The Owner, a Pegasus stallion named Arpeggio, was currently going over finance reports in his office. Keeping tabs on everything that went on in the club, Club Crescendo, was sometimes tiring work atop the day-to-day operations.

Entertainment, drinks, food, security, it was all quite tiring at times. Fortunately, Arpeggio had always had a shrewd sense of business; quite fortunate considering he was quite young at the ripe old age of 21.

"Thanks, Tiny. I've been expecting him for a while now. Send him in." Some seedy types tended to congregate in Crescendo to do business; fortunately, Arpeggio could hear every word they said thanks to how the rooms were set up. His partnership with the law enforcement and local detectives were quite the boon to have. Not that Arpeggio couldn't defend himself if need be, oh no; he just hated dirtying his hooves unnecessarily. He dusted off his suit, looking at the pony.

"Well now, Detective Doo; it's been a while, hasn't it. Care for a glass of something while you're here? It's on the house." He gave the detective a warm smile; he always did enjoy working with this one.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: The Mystery of the Golden Idol!   The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:59 am

I always liked meeting with Arpeggio. Decent Colt.

"Not Tonight, I'm afraid. Buisness." I pulled out the Envelope and passed it across the Table. "Orange Dream. Seems Pretty High Class. Wanted to know a bit about her, since this letter made it's way to my office this morning."

Most importantly, If he knew anything about this 'golden Idol.'
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: The Mystery of the Golden Idol!   The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:05 am

"Hmm..." Quite a curious letter, this. The name seemed to ring a bell, too. "The name sounds familiar. I do believe she's a semi-regular here. She is pretty high-class; from a fairly wealthy family. I'm rather surprised she comes here, to be frank.

"Far as this 'Golden Idol' goes, though, I don't have anything solid for you. My guess is it's referring to that golden statuette on display, but just about anyone could've told you that. I'll keep my ears open, though. Arpeggio hoofed the letter back.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: The Mystery of the Golden Idol!   The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:37 am

I ended up placing the letter back in my pocket. A Fairly standard Dead end. Still, Something draws her to the Jazz clubs. She might end up being one of those "Trendy" Youths. "I don't suppose you'd know if She was meeting anyone here, would you? Maybe give a possible Identity to our Mystery Writer?" I really don't want to give up here. This could have been their "Meeting place," so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: The Mystery of the Golden Idol!   The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 1:06 pm

"Matter of fact, I do believe she was; Tumbler, our bartender, served her a drink before she went to talk to some other pony. They didn't go into a meeting room so I don't know what they said, but Tumbler says the other pony was wearing a trench coat that covered most of his body. Pretty sure he was an Earth Pony 'cause he didn't have a horn and there were no wing bulges in his coat. Didn't get a whole lot of physical details, but Tumbler was sure he had golden eyes... maybe a coat a darker shade of brown than mine. That help you any?"

Sometimes, it really did pay dividends, a partnership like this.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: The Mystery of the Golden Idol!   The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:32 pm

This was Perfect.

"Thank you, Apri. I'm starting to get an understanding of the Who... Now, I believe that I should Head out. Would you be so kind as to send me more information when you get it?" I asked, Already heading toward the door.

Before me lay two Choices. I could Talk to Orange Dream next, and see what, if anything, She knows, as well as any more information to our Mystery Writer, Although I'm not 100% Sure she'd want to comply.

Another choice would be to go the the Equestrian National Museum and learn more about the Idol. Maybe our Mysterious writer worked there: If he did, It'd make it a bit easier to understand where to go.

[Now, Here's a new Gimmick I thought of last night. YOU Decide! I'll put a poll on top of the topic, and YOU Get to vote on where Daffy goes next! Woo]
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: The Mystery of the Golden Idol!   The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:24 pm

"Not a problem, Detective. I'll be sure to keep in touch."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: The Mystery of the Golden Idol!   The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm

[Go to Orange Dream! - One Vote]
[Go To the ENM! - Three Votes!]

I wave again to Arpeggio, Heading off. I decided not to go see Orange Dream at the moment, preferring to learn more about the Golden Idol, and this Mysterious Pony Connected to it. It was a simplistic Deduction that he would have been involved with the Idol in some means, so it wouldn't be too outrageous to assume that somepony there knew about him.

I review the facts, as I knew them. Somepony had Disappeared, and sent a letter to his love, Orange Dream. Miss Dream is a higher Class, So she Meets with this Mysterious Disappeared Colt at the Jazz Club. He is most likely an earth Pony, but is important enough to have a Dragon Scribe in order to Write out his letters. He Warns about a Golden Idol, around the same time a new Exhibit opens up in the ENM, Centered around a Golden Idol.

I Still mused over my thoughts, opening the door to the Museum. A quick flash of my badge brings me close to someone I can question. but, for the moment, I wait in the nearby waiting room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mystery of the Golden Idol!   The Mystery of the Golden Idol! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of the Golden Idol!
Page 1 of 1