My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Intel stared at his shot, sneaking a hoof into his pocket. Taking out a flask, he poured a splash of Focus Elixir into the shot, stowing the flask away as quickly as possible. Drinking it, it tasted...strange. Like water from another town. The effects of the drink clashed in his mind, breaking into a surreal stalemate.

"Oh! I remember now! You remind me of Night. A smaller, more feminine unicorn Night." He smiled and held out his hoof. "Name's Intelligent Design, but call me Intel, cause I'm far from intelligent. Welcome to the asylum."

Intel's smile grew.

"If Shala thinks you're a good pony, then that's good enough for me. Especially if she's sober when she says it. Then you must be a saint to appease her."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:38 am

Iccy blinked at the shot. with a simple shrug, Iccy used magic to slam back the shot, downing it in one gulp. Which, of course, brought Iccy into a coughing fit. "W-Woah -cough, cough- T-That's a bit S-Strong..." he stated, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:53 am

Shala smiled to Iccy as he downed a shot, but had to stare curiously at Intel as he mixed something in his drink. She looked at it for a moment, thinking, before she realized what it was and smiled.

"Ah, Intel, i guess you do have a sweet tooth. You should have told me you like mixing your drinks. I wouldn't have given you such a hard time." She smiled and took another shot to herself.

"That's Iccy by the way, the gear head of the town. Making himself some wings, right Iccy?" She said, making up for the lack in introduction on Iccy's part.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:11 am

Blackberry's eye twitched as Intel refered to him as a smaller and more feminine appearing version of another pony. He was struggling to bite his tongue through all this and was just waiting for the opportunity to get away from all this.

"Oh, Shala and I have become GOOD friends over the past couple days..." Blackberry said dryly, swirling the shot glass in mid air with use of his magic, "so glad I can have a friend like her..." he said as he drank the shot and raised an eyebrow at her.

Blackberry nodded his head a little at Iccy in recognition of his introduction.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:30 am

Intel frowned. Something about Blackberry's voice was a bit off, to him. Something that didn't quite fit...

"That was sarcasm, wasn't it," Intel said, half chuckling, "Either that or you're being forced to say it."

He smiled to himself as his mind settled in it's neutral state. Not too fuzzy, not too sharp. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:32 am

Iccy blushed when Shala mentioned the wings and nodded. "E-Eeyup! Wings... S-Soon enough, I-I hope."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:56 am

Shala rolled her eyes at both Intel and Blackberry. "Intel, don't get so technical. Berry is just funny like that sometimes." She gave Blackberry a pat on the back.

"Can I try some of that stuff you got by the way Intel?" Shala said smiling to him. She was actually feeling a bit proud. Seeing Intel drinking and getting creative made her feel like she had accomplished something amazing. "The fact you are even mixing makes me want to hug you." She chuckled, staring into his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 5:00 am

Blackberry smirked at Shala, "Oh yeah, a barrel of laughs," he said sarcastically, "ha. ha." he said dryly, nudging her a little with his elbow.

"Now don't get me wrong--"
Blackberry began to say to the others, "but did you two also move here from other places?" he asked

"I grew up in Ponyville and lived here up till a couple years ago when I moved to Manehatten,
" he explained, "just moved back to get my hooves back on the ground and try and enjoy life again..."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:41 am

"Canterlot born and bred," Intel said, exaggerating his accent, "On spontaneous extended holiday."

He reached into his pocket and hesitated. Would it really be a good idea for her to drink the mind focusing elixir? In all likelihood, it would only emphasise the ticking in her head; the very thing she was trying to escape.

"Um, are you sure? I don't think you'll like it that much. It has an...acquired taste after many years of study."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:18 pm

"B-Born in Canterlot, M-Moved to m-manehattan after getting my c-cutie mark, a-and then moved here a-about a y-year ago." Iccy explained, ordering a Root Beer. The shot was a bit strong.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 6:03 pm

"Manehattan, as you already know." Shala threw in. She perked up her ears at Intel's accent. "You can speak funny too? I thought only Iccy could do that." She gave Iccy a wink.

She smirked and pushed her glass over toward Intel. "And I highly doubt that anything YOU can have will bother me Intel. I have been doing this for well over a decade now you know. Go on and pour me a helping." Shala had no idea what kind of brew Intel could have, but assumed it was complimentary to alcohol. Its results would be unpredictable if she drank it.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Blackberry tuned out a little as he began to consider the influx of ponies into Ponyville recently. When he lived here, it was a rather small community. In just the last year, it seems, ponies have been migrating in from all over Equestria, A LOT of them are coming in from Canterlot it seems. Perhaps ponies were growing tired of the high end life and saw the pleasures of the simple life. No doubt the fact that the Elements of Harmony make their home in Ponyville was another perk to coming here.

Blackberry returned his attention to the conversation as Shala pushed her glass towards Intel. He smiled a little just enjoying the attention being away from him for a moment.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:10 pm

"It is technically banned by the Royal Court," Intel said softly, pulling out his flask and looking at it.

The Mind focusing elixir had many names to disguise its true identity. Concentrated liquid. Anti-alch. Scholar's whip. Drunkard's hook. Dragon Ale. Phoenix liquor. The last was particularly descriptive of the ones who did give it to an unsuspecting pony who would drink it like a normal drink of alcohol, only to find...

It was used heavily by students as well who, if drunk, would take a swig of the stuff to get back into a kind of sober state. It was used VERY CAREFULLY by high achievers to try and focus their mind when studying. The first restrictions of the stuff were with exams, where those who did take it had a significant advantage over those who hadn't.

Then the real dangers of the stuff emerged. Students who weren't careful enough, drunkards who drank too much of the elixir, unsuspecting victims of a cruel prank, all experienced that frightful state.

Knurd.

It was the opposite of drunk the sober only wished it could be. When the comforting blanket of belief was stripped away, leaving one cold and protected against the coldness of reality. A few permanently traumatised ponies later, the elixir was banned outright without a prescription from a doctor. But it was lax enough for a noble to bypass easily.

In short, not a good thing to give Shala.

He shook his head. "Nope, don't really think it would be a good idea..."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:00 am

"U-Uhm... I-I'd listen to Intel." Iccy said, looking at the flask. Something didn't... idunno, Feel right.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:24 am

Hearing Intel turn her down on such a challenge only made her even more determined. "Oh come on. You guys have been scared of the things i drink, and now Intel decides to get creative and I 'can't handle' it?"

She looked between Iccy and Intel. Iccy usually did not her any resistance to anything ever, so hearing it from him made her pause and think. "...Probably ruin my pallet anyway..." She grunted and retreated to the back of her seat. It was uncommon of her to give up something like that, but her friends words swayed her well enough for the time being.

"Hey Blackberry, want to make some more bets? I could use some fancy paintings in my house."
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 5:13 am

"What kind of bets...?" Blackberry asked Shala suspiciously, "and how do I know you won't end up using one of my paints as a table or something for you to set a beer on?" he asked, smirking just a little-- possibly making a joke.

"Maybe you should try to get one of these two in on one of your bets..."
Blackberry said motioning a hoof to Intel and then Iccy, "I'm sure they'd love to get in on your fun" he said sarcastically, his voice sounding that of just an irritated mare with a boyish way of speech.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:04 am

"Oh, are you a painter?" Intel asked, curious, "How is that like? Trying to get patronage and all of that sort of thing?"

Truth be told, he was relieved that Shala backed down, and was wanting to move onto the next topic as quickly as possible. He smiled at the sarcastic comments flying about.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:46 am

"B-Bets? What?"

Poor Iccy had no idea what was going on anymore.

"I-I'd put s-stuff on the l-line, but I d-don't r-really have a-anything y-yet..."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:56 am

Shala rolled her eyes. "These two? Gambling with them would be too easy. But ill play if they want. And we don't play for bits either. More like dares." She smiled to Iccy and Intel.

"What do you two say? Add some spice to the evening?"
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:01 am

"Yes, I paint," Blackberry told Intel casually, "its hard to make a living painting-- made life in Manehatten kind of hard..." he said as his horn glowed a little and his brush came out from behind his ear where he usually kept it. He painted a kind of simple portrait of Intel and Shala sitting next to each other on the table top-- it wasn't as good as his usual work, as he had began feeling some of the effects of the alcohol.

"Oh not this again..." Blackberry sighed shaking his head against his hoof as his paint brush returned itself to its proper place.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:08 am

"Aw, it's not that bad," Intel said, examining the painting, "But I suppose it wouldn't be a very steady life, being an artist. Hmm..."

Intel turned to Shala. "No forcing down drinks, and I'm game," he said simply, "What did you have in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:13 am

"I-I'm in t-too." Iccy chimed in weakly, Already feeling bad for not co-operating as much into this conversation. "A B-Bet on d-dares."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Shala smiled as her idea was coming to fruition. She leaned back and stuck her head up, as if showing some pride on the matter.

"Alright. We can play a game. How about...." She tapped her hoof on the table, thinking hard. "....How about some Uno?" Shala grinned.
Back to top Go down
Raynie!

Raynie!

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Blackberry sighed and rested his head on his hoof, with his elbow resting on the table, "I'm going to regret this..." he mumbled, "we could do a card game or just a game of challenges or something," he suggested, thinking he might have a better shot at a bunch of miscellaneous challenges.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:08 pm

"...uno. Really," Intel said in a flat tone, "What are the house rules, then?"

For such a simple game, he had experienced many different rulesets, even had one of his own. The obvious problem was that the one setting the rules knew how to manipulate them to their very limit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'   'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?' - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Why'd I let her talk me into this...?'
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next