My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A lazy day for cloud drop

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

A lazy day for cloud drop Empty
PostSubject: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Cloud drop floated around on his cloud, half asleep. He was definitely the most physically lazy pegasus in all of cloudsdale. And he -reveled- in it. Although their were quite a few cloudsdale citizens who would spend today lazying around on a random cloud, since the sun was shining in full. the warm weather made the clouds perfect cozy and soft, and while some floated higher, becoming colder and requiring a grumpy pegasus to glide down onto a new cloud, Cloud Drop's personal cloud carrier did not have much issue with this, as Cloud Drop made it himself.

His eyes shut fully as he remained in lazy position and his cloud drifted, as he slowly came to a soft snoring sound, which would undoubtedly bother some pony nearby...
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Today was a typical gorgeous day in Cloudsdale. Aero Dynamic, have been born in the city had grown up to see many days like it. He was visiting once more, as he shuffled along the cloud streets and occasionally flying between sections of the city.

Aero had been around long enough to know unusual weather patterns when he saw them, and a single misshapen cloud floating across the city was certainly not normal. As it drew closer, he could suddenly make out that there was actually a pony sleeping. A loud snore reached his ears which only confirmed his findings. Aero was mighty tempted to let the sleeping pegasus fly on his cloud across the city to see what would happen - his habit of pony watching had only grown over time - but he figured he'd save the pony from any trouble.

"You know the forecast for today was clear skies and sunshine. Not drifting clouds and snoring pegasi," he called up to the sleeping pegasus, his voice raspy but not without a sense of sarcastic humour. Hopefully it was enough to wake him up, and avoid the hassle of flying up to him.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 9:02 pm

"Gnnaa-hm..?" Cloud drop stopped snoring as someone said something when his cloud was closeby. He yawned and stretched. Only to flop down on his cloud in another position, smiling down to Aero. Aero knew this young fellow, so it's no surprise Aero would call out to him. "Oh, Hey old man." Cloud drop simply said with a smile. "Well, weather forecast ain't always perfectly correct." he said with a smarmy grin before he fessed about in his saddlebag for a potion, pouring a bit onto his cloud to make it drop down to Aero's level.

Even though 'Ave' (he now goes by Intellectual 'Intel' Awesome again ,sometimes going by 'Ave' or 'Awe') had moved away, he stayed in touch with Aero, and as pen pals, he had let Aero know that his grandson was going to move into Cloudsdale. Cloudsdale was much safer after all, even for a pony with a limp wing.

Cloud drop was luckily a lot more expressive than Ave was. "Enjoying the weather too?" he asked, although it was likely true since Aero was taking a walk. Cloud drop was used to seeing him fly though, even in his old age.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 9:20 pm

"Old m..." Aero's muttering trailed off in mock disbelief, a wry smile on his lips as he only now recognised Cloud Drop.

The young pegasus had always been overly relaxed, but despite Aero's own ambition and drive in his youth, he could oddly respect the way Cloud took everything in his stride. His thoughts turned to Ave, or Awe as he more often called him nowadays, and to how long it had been since they'd spoken. Perhaps he should visit his old friend...

Unfurling his wings, Aero took off from his spot. Despite his age, his flying form was still rather solid for an old timer as he quickly climbed altitude up to meet Cloud Drop who had already worked his potion magic to lower the cloud down to him. As much as he knew it was easy for Cloud Drop to do, Aero wasn't going to just stand around like a senile old pony and wait for the youth to cater for him.

He landed on the edge of the cloud, looking at the stallion with a small grin.

"Well I was before the unexpected cloud cover, he remarked, before giving a more serious answer, "But yes. Nothing better than a sunny day in Cloudsdale. It never gets old.

Last edited by Fireseeker on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 9:59 pm

Cloud drop smiled as Aero flew up with little to no issue, but he lazily remained on his cloud."Well, if you say things like that, your positively asking me to respond with 'unlike you'." he said in his mocking but friendly tone. "Truly, you still have great wings." he smiled to Aero. Despite Aero's age, he flew without much issue. Cloud drop's voice did hide his envy. he quickly got over it though.

"Sunny days are the best though. I mean, i always am on my cloud, but on sunny days it's faaaaarrr comfier." he told Aero as he didn't even make an effort to stand up on his cloud to speak eye to eye with Aero. Not that he'd manage, because he was as tall as Ave was.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 11:38 pm

Aero predicted the 'old' joke was coming but chuckled all the same. He felt like shrugging at Cloud's comment on his wings but he caught onto something. While it would have slipped by his younger self without a second of consideration, his gaze put two and two together when his gaze momentarily fell on Cloud's limp wing. He decided not to comment on the matter.

Aero huddled down slowly to sit on the cloud beside the younger pegasus, ignoring the slightly pain in his joints. "Comfy isn't the word for it. Earth ponies and unicorns don't know what they're missing out on with clouds."
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 4:11 pm

Cloud drop inches to the side. his personal cloud wasn't very big, so the two of them hardly fit on. "jeeze man, there's not that much space. I know it's comfy, but i am not so super comfy with this!" he chuckled, he didn't really mind. It was too good weather to get angry at someone. He ruffled around in his bag and grabbed a new potion, pouring more of it into his cloud. He really stocked up on those potions. The cloud grew a good bit bigger, leaving both of them enough space to lay down and sprawl out.

"And yeah, They really don't know what they're missing. Floating about in the sunshine is the most heavenly feeling. Why -do- anything today?" he said with a happy smile, now on the larger cloud, laying back and staring up at the clear sky as his cloud drifted about randomly.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 5:07 pm

Aero shuffled a little away from Cloud as he worked his magic on the cloud, so it speak. He'd known him for a while and yet it was still oddly fascinating to see Cloud's potions in action. There was always someone inventing new and wonderful ways to change the world around them.

Aero nodded in agreement. "Exactly. It's almost a pity really, that they can't experience it." His own words stirred thoughts in his mind, a memory coming to the forefront. "You know I brought a unicorn up here once. First time she'd stuck her head in the clouds. Speechless would be putting it mildly."
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 5:17 pm

"aw man, that must have been awesome. Why'd you take her up here? Did you have the hots for her?" he asked, looking at Aero as he got himself comfy, wondering how it must be for them to come up here after having to spend their whole lives on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 5:43 pm

The blunt choice of Cloud's language startled Aero into a laugh.

"The hots for her? I suppose so. After all, she's my wife," he replied in good humour. He took a moment to reflect on that day, looking back past everything they'd done afterwards up to the present day, "I don't know why I did it at the time really. Bright asked me to take her one day, so I said yes. I didn't really think twice about it."

Another pause. Another moment to reflect.

"I think I just wanted to see her smile."
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 6:12 pm

"Wooooooow that was cheesy." Cloud drop simply added onto him as he said that, the likely somewhat rebellious teenager simply not seeing love that way, yet. "It's cool you managed to get with her though. She's totally nice." he said, thinking about the caring and kind Bright eyes. He had seen her before, and he'd never forget the niceness she treated him with. Reminded him of a mother, which was good, since he only saw his mother once or twice a month.

"You're sappy." he felt the need to say at the end, possibly to break out of his happy mood so he could be sassy again.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 6:40 pm

It was difficult not too agree with Cloud Drop once he'd spoken those words out loud. Aero had gotten better at accepting himself over time, but it was still difficult to openly admit the deeper meaning behind those words. He'd always been one for stoicism; to endure what the world threw at him, good or bad, and not let reveal too much about it's affect, lest they come back to haunt him. But seeing Bright's unhindered joy at the world had allowed him to open himself up.

"Maybe I am sappy, at least now," Aero allowed himself to say, "I didn't know it back then but I'd fallen for her way before I even realised it. Honestly, I was hopeless with love. Still am I suppose. Not an easy thing."

Aero turned to the younger pegasus, a grin on his muzzle. "You'll understand when you're older...unless there's a mare or stallion out there right now that you have your eye on," he teased back.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 6:56 pm

"he says, as if he expects someone to love this flank. I'm sorry, you must have missed the part where i don't do much." He said, sassing himself off a little bit. he might have someone in sights, but hell if he'd let aero know of it. Not many people really liked Cloud Drop's attitude anyway. He was a bit of an odd one out in the sunny and happy places of cloudsdale. No doubt that being raised by Intel, Trueshine, Weaving, Irisdescent and Coru made him quite a bit more somber and pessimistic.

"Ugh, At least i'm not asking love tips from Trueshine. 'oh, She will come to you, and you will be destined for one another. Why don't you ask Weaving Perfection, she is experienced in the dealings of love, and can tell you of the many challenges that come with it...'" he said, in imitating and mocking tone. It wasn't too far off from Trueshine's actual voice and what he would say. It was hard to imagine Trueshine ever raising a foal.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Aero's eyebrows knitted closer in a frown. Cloud's doubt and self-deprecating attitude was uncomfortably similar to his own attitude when he was that age. He didn't think it would be good for him to grow with such a mindset.

"If I found someone, then I'd say there's hope for anyone. I seem to recall just falling into one day. I wouldn't worry about finding someone. They'll likely find you," reasoned Aero, looking away as he contemplated for a second. Cloud didn't seem to want to discuss it, so he'd change topics, "But I get it. You didn't ask me for advice."

Aero's thoughts turned to Cloud's family and friends, beyond Intel. He didn't know them all too well, due them most of them acting so distant. Even for a less-sociable pony like himself, they raised the bar for least social skills. Those five destined friends, curiously linked in their talents. His light blue eyes wandered to the flask image emblazoned on the pegasus' flank.

Aero moved his hoof through the wispy edges of their cloud perch as he spoke. "Have any plans of what you might do with your talent? Weather factory perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 10:46 am

"Probably. There's mad bank to be earned in the weather factory, and earning good bits never hurt anypony, did it?" He said, looking over to the weather factory as much as he could from the cloud they were on. He put a hoof on his chin though. "i'm not sure if i -exactly- have what the weather factory wants, though. Production costs of my potions might be too high, but perhaps i could supply them with an emergency stockpile since they're very easy to store, and last until opened." he stated, thinking about the working of the weather factory.

"Someponies are even suggesting i try an internship at a unicorn. Not sure how fun that'd be... but i guess it's a last resort." He added, not showing much desire to move outside of cloudsdale. "Tell me, does everyone in Canterlot act like Trueshine does? or is it perhaps.. even worse?" he said, having little to no world knowledge due to being raised somewhere very different at youngest ages.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 11:24 am

It took Aero a second to decipher Cloud's modern slang as he listened to his thoughts on his future work. Aero certainly wasn't going to be a nag and pester the pegasus about his 'career prospects.' Besides, that was a job for his parents. He was just curious as to what Cloud was currently up to. It seemed questions and catching up with ponies was a much more frequent occurrence during old age.

"Trueshine is...an interesting pony. Truth be told, he and I never exactly saw eye to eye," Aero admitted, almost bashful in the way his forehoof rubbed the back of his neck, before scoffing, "But he's better than most of Canterlot's 'elite.' Honestly, some of them have their noses stuck up so high they poke up into Cloudsdale."
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 11:36 am

"Oooh... I don't suppose you have some kinda Shameful story i can use to corner him next time i visit by my granddad~?" he said, instantly showing some irritation for Trueshine, which he wanted to get some negative information on him, although it was unlikely an aged man as Aero would harbor a proper grudge and would share such information with Cloud Drop.. it was worth a try.

He gave a soft hrmmm as Aero spoke over the canterlot elite. "I... Honestly can't image it. No one back at the mountains ever acted stuck up. I guess living in a sanctuary where even stepping outside is dangerous for your health does humble a pony a tad..." he continued, reminisching on his life at the harsh summits where Destiny/Trueshine set up shop.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 2:37 pm

His gaze looking out to Cloudsdale, appearing to cloud over as Aero cast his thoughts to the past. He briefly considered mentioning one of a few stories of his and Trueshine's disagreements. However, he didn't fancy telling Cloud. Not today at least.

Instead, he focused on Cloud's understanding of the Canterlot elite. "If you don't believe me, I'd say take a trip there." He gave a shrug as he reconsidered his point.

"To be fair, most ponies are nice and the city itself is pretty. If you can ignore the highfalutin types, Canterlot is alright. Heck, it's where I met Bright so I can't say it's all bad.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 4:36 pm

"Cool. Maybe i'll go next week. It's not like i visit school anymore, or that exams have started." he said, undoubtedly already having finished his schoolwork in advance because he was 'oh so smart' and school was 'so horribly easy'. It's not much of a surprise that few ponies showed empathy towards him. Cloud Drop sort of had it easy. "Maybe i should ask Bright for instructions on where to go!" he said, although it was unlikely he'd ever do anything with instruction if he got them.

knowing cloud drop, he'd professionally just float around on his cloud and do nothing, until he needed to eat, in which he'd grab a quick bite and just float off again. Lazy was an... understatement.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 6:32 pm

"My Bright would probably just tell you to study. She loves her books, always has," replied Aero, chuckling at the thought of Bright Eyes providing Cloud Drop with a big book of 'Cloud Potions and Where to Use Them for a Job.'

The old pegasus sat quietly, allowing a moment to pass between before a question came to mind.

"Speaking of Trueshine, how is he and the rest of the reclusive five anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Cloud drop took a moment to think about it. He didn't mind books, really. Who gets to be a good alchemist without having to scan a few books for proper theory before starting on the actual alchemy, after all? The moment of passing is one Cloud Drop took to take in some sun rays. Truely, if he could photosynthesize, he would become the oldest, OR FATTEST pegasus that has ever lived.

"They're... Good. I mean, they're not perfect, and they bother me, but you can't deny that they're happy because they're -doing- something. Last i heard... they might've found the next Alicorn, and is helping him/her on his/her way. You know, it's just a maybe. and i don't know if they're making promises or something. But it still sounds great. Although i'm sad for my.. extended family. It turns out that there's no 'intended successor'. Those are supposed to come naturally, or destiny summit is to slowly fade and wait until once more in the future it is meant to be built. Weird stuff, in my opinion."
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 1:14 pm

The time they were spending together was nice. Aero appreciated that the younger pegasus was relaxed and welcoming to him. He knew the oldest and youngest generations didn't always mix the best, but Cloud Drop was easy to talk to. Besides, he could share the latest gossip with him.

Aero's eyebrow perked up on hearing of the next alicorn and the possible dissolving of Destiny Summit. He supposed the time had passed for many of them, so there may be little reason to maintain the solitary home of the main five for much longer.

"Certainly unique stuff," Aero commented, flicking greying brown hair of his tail as he simply sat in the warmth of the sun. They shared another moment of silence to bask in the glorious weather.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 3:47 pm

"I'm glad to be here doing my own thing." Cloud drop said after their pause of basking in the glorious weather. It was really pleasant, no matter how you laid down, stomach, back, it all got you nice and warm, all the way down to a ponies' very core.

"Maybe... we should invest some time in eating... I kind of don't want to move though." Cloud drop said with a slight groan. Even if you never moved, you'd have to eat eventually! Practically the only reason cloud drop wasn't overweight was cause he rarely ever ate, since he never does much. Convenient, supposedly, although some show concern for his other wing losing strength too since he relies on his clouds so much, he really did not care.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 10:12 pm

The mention of food made Aero consider getting something to eat. He wasn't massively hungry, but a snack couldn't hurt. Plus it meant more time spent with Cloud.

"I'm sorry, I was under the impression you didn't have to move in order to move," Aero pointed out, with a hoof gesturing to one of Cloud's potions. "Can't you use those to just float to a market?"
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Cloud drop let out an exasperated sigh "Well, that still includes sitting up. Also, i've been disallowed from using my potions in busy public spaces like markets, due to the space they take up." he said with a huff. he, naturally, found it an unreasonable ban, since cloudsdale is three dimensional and there's more than enough space to spare. He was somewhat biased for himself, though.

"Therefore, the clouds will only get us to the edge of the market." he said, stretching a bit and sitting up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A lazy day for cloud drop   A lazy day for cloud drop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A lazy day for cloud drop
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next