My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 7:01 pm

As Destiny Seeker produced the old photograph from his bag, Bright Eyes used a hoof to adjust her glasses to see better.  There was a group of little colts and fillies, young and innocent.  She smiled, bittersweet - she had never had something similar in her youth.  He explained that they would look different in adulthood, and she gave a faint shrug.  "Some things never change.  I might wager you would recognize them, deep down."  He spoke with such conviction and hope.  For a minute or two, Bright Eyes was quiet.  It seemed like a near impossible dream - but at least he had a dream, unlike the little pale blue mare. "And who knows?  You could see them any time.  There's hope yet."
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 8:25 pm

And so, He was silent, too. the two sat there for a minute, before Destiny shook his head! "Thanks for listening, it was all very nice to let it off my chest... But i still have a show to host!" he suddenly beamed brightly again. The future would come, for now, there were more direct tasks to do! Destiny's horn shone brightly as he made a few snacks levitate over the tables, setting them down along with utensils and plates, all unnecessarily rich looking. "i wish i could lend cheaper stuff, wouldn't be so risky if i did break it, but you don't exactly get away with anything cheap in Canterlot." he huffed, continuing to set all the tables and make sure parasols were avaible for those sensitive to the sun, getting busy quite quickly. He smiled to her, waiting for her help.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 9:06 pm

Bright Eyes was beginning to wonder if Destiny was normally as unstable as he had seemed during their brief time of knowing each other, or if she was just special enough to feel trustworthy enough to share such a personal story - and all the accompanying emotions.  She noted that he hadn't inquired about her at all, but didn't volunteer any information that wasn't asked for.  The stallion began to busy himself getting ready with plates and silverware, and Bright Eyes had to smirk to herself.  She thought she had come to work, something having to do with books.  This wasn't really what she had expected, playing therapist pony and now server.  Still, she didn't argue, her horn glowing a warm gold as she helped.  "Yes, I've noticed that about this place," she commented with a less-than enthusiastic tone. "Everything is so extravagant in Canterlot, and expensive."
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 5:56 pm

"ugh, Tell me about it. Come here just to research some magic, but wait, turns out you're only ever allowed somewhere decent if you're some kinda blueblood hoity toity mr. Perfect." He chuckled and groaned. "how good are you at talking to strangers? you seemed to be interested in learning more about cutie marks yourself and i could definitely use an extra person to ask people about their backstories and take notes." he said, approaching the more research-focused side of the talent show, having noticed her affinity for books earlier. He wondered if she was much of a talker or conversationalist, though.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 7:26 pm

She was a naturally friendly pony, but the idea of meeting a bunch of strangers, asking them personal questions... Well, that was nearly as terrifying as getting up on a stage herself, especially in a place like Canterlot where she already felt she stood out like a sore hoof.  Her expression was uncertain, but she forced a smile.  "I'm good at it, I guess.  I suppose I can do that.  I mean, I can make friends with nearly anypony, but what am I supposed to be asking?"
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 7:59 pm

"oh, well, if you just get the overall consensus on what their cutie mark means and how they learned to get it, that would be lovely. If possible, i'd love to know what trials they've faced, especially concerning their talent. Was the stage performer plagued with stage fright or embarrassed once, did the Musician never learn to read musical notes until later, those kinda things." he nodded and looked to her, handing her her own fancy looking canterlot notebook. he smiled as the two finished setting the tables rather quickly, there being quite the little buffet here for when the little talent show and festivities would start soon.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 12:22 am

So it was like researching, but without books. That, Bright Eyes could do. "How many ponies do you expect to attend?" With the tables ready and the buffet as well, Bright glanced around quickly to make sure no one was watching before levitating a tasty looking strawberry from a plate directly into her mouth. She was beginning to suspect she wasn't going to get paid that night, and she had to fill her belly one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:39 am

Destiny blinked and started putting his hoof to his chin, counting out softly. "T-Twenty..? i-i guess? maybe less. Probably less, in all honesty. These things never were super popular, which is good, cause i can only take so much notes. To be honest, usually only one in 6 have stories worth noting down, so i think the two of us should definitly be able to do it. Feel free to take some time off and relax during it, it is still a party and you're just as invited as those who come to show off their talents." Destiny smiled and nodded. it must be a rather calm kind of party, since ponies were probably just going to sit around and chat together, nothing wild or big to celebrate was going to happen. Unless a party pony was going to come along. Destiny happily bounced along to double check the tables. He looked at the sun. "Guests could come any minute now~!"" he mentioned to Bright eyes turning a smile to her, hoping that a bit of relaxation at the party would do them both good since they had to deal with Destiny telling his backstory, which wasn't exactly the easiest for either side.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 12:37 am

It was difficult for a pony like Bright Eyes to stop thinking about something when her mind became fixated on it.  And as she finished making sure that everything was arranged properly and in order, her mind was inevitably drawn to the disturbing vision she had experienced.  Destiny's mood seemed to have improved, at least.  She put on a smile of her own as he 'invited' her to the party. "I cannot recall the last party I attended," she admitted aloud, uncertain if he heard her.  Her blue eyes scanned the beach.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 10:08 am

"well, tomorrow you will be able to recall the last party you've attended~!" Destiny smiled to her, although something in him could tell that not everything was perfect. "are you.. alright? you're not gleaming as brightly as you did before." he said with concern. Guilt was strong within Destiny's heart, so anypony could be certain that he would feel bad for anything that overcame bright eyes now. "what say you we finish up this shebang and then i give a moment to listen to you or help you with what i can? I can only do so much research in a season, after all." he offered with kind and expressionate eyes.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 6:15 pm

She gave a faint smile, along with the hint of a shrug to suggest that she was fine, really.  She was more of a listener than a talker when it came to personal matters - or at least, she usually was because she figured the other pony didn't care much.  With Destiny's offer, Bright Eyes paused to consider.  She wasn't sure if it was right to tell a pony how much their signature spell had disturbed her.  Still, it was a gracious offer, and given her current state, one that Bright could not refuse. "That sounds fine.  I will do my best to take accurate notes about every pony I meet so that you can decide which are worth further study."

((Are they going to talk to anyone IC, or fast forward until the end of the party?))
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 7:49 pm

There were mares and stallions in no short supply as the evening passed on. Some showed their talent on small scales, with quick spells, levitating plates, a short telling or recalling of one of their researches. Some would go on stage and attempt to wow everyone. there was a sort of friendly charm to it all, for really, it was just conversation and friendly competition, no rewards attached and free food for everyone who visited. it was a very calm and casual party, and some also just stayed for a short while, while others lasted until the stars had filled the sky. it was late by the time everyone had left, and Destiny had a pile of notes. He smiled as he and Bright were soon the only two standing.

He approached her, asking "And? have a good night? i noticed you found your way to some writers and researchers you seemed all too happy to talk to, yourself." He smiled to her, glad she had found some joyous conversation outside of just research and research. He hoped she had enjoyed the snacks too. He hadn't forgotten his offer, and was definitely ready to listen. However, he didn't plan to bring it up, as he thought that the joyous spirit of the talent show had lifted her mood a bit, and surely she managed to talk to some ponies about books and other things she loved. He was already far in cleaning up, as some of the Stallions and Mares had offered a helping hoof, or horn before they left, and Destiny had made a timely start to cleaning things up.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 3:37 pm

The evening was not quite a competition, for which Bright Eyes was quietly grateful.  Rather, the event was more about socializing, and though the azure unicorn mare had a job to perform as the hours flew by, she found it was easy to converse with ponies, the majority of whom were happy to discuss their lives, their talents and passion.  She had even taken information for future jobs from a couple of ponies from the Canterlot area.  By the time the last of the guests had departed, Bright Eyes had a slightly altered view of the city - it wasn't all snobs and wealth there, as she had previously believed.  There were some reasonable ponies to be found, as well.

She was biting back a yawn when Destiny addressed her, and she looked over to the stallion with a nod.  "I think I have some good notes for your research."  She smiled, despite how tired she felt after a full day.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 3:44 pm

"Oh, Delightful!" he said with a smile. he gathered her notes and quickly went over the titles as to organise them a bit himself, adding them to a large pile. "So uh... You seem tired. Do you have a place to sleep?" he mentioned to her, asking it rather awkwardly. Being social and nice wasn't always his best suit, although he tried his best. He was ready to offer her a place to sleep or pay a hotel for her if need be. He wondered if after today the two would meet again. perhaps she'd take him up on his offer for tomorrow, in a more relaxed environment.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 6:34 pm

For a long, lingering minute, Bright Eyes was utterly silent. Her mind was hurrying to decide whether it was safe to tell the truth - that no, she didn't have a place to stay, and didn't have money to afford a room - or if she should merely lie and be done with a long, strange day and a rather odd stallion. Ultimately, deception was not Bright's strong suit, and she stared off into the vastness of the dark ocean. "No. I don't have a home here," she finally admitted. "Or anywhere else."
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 7:00 pm

He nodded as she said so. "I could probably buy you a room at a hotel." he offered, Knowing it was far too early to invite her to sleep over at his place. He stared off into the ocean aswell, before looking around. there were a few hotels directly at the beach but those were ludicrously expensive, easily comparable to the absurd prices of Manehatten. He turned his head back to the dark ocean (or is it like a lake/artificial beach? i have no idea what kinda beach there is in Canterlot) , watching it sparkle somewhat with the light of the stars above.

Last edited by Ave on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 7:50 pm

Bright Eyes was torn, and her expression betrayed her ambivalence. On one hoof, getting a place to stay in a fancy Canterlot establishment was arguably better than a few hours' wages - wages she hadn't even been certain she was earning, despite her hard work.. On the other hoof... "The hotels here are so expensive, though. I couldn't do that. Celestia only knows how much you spent on the day's festivities."
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Destiny put a hoof to his chin, tapping it softly. She's right, and destiny wasn't -that- rich, although he was starting to get a surplus from the post-graduate job he had. He'd been saving up quite a while for the talent show overall, though, so the surplus wasn't huge. "I might know a cheaper place. it's no top Canterlot hotel but it's better than nothing. It's quite a walk away though, but i could take you there." He smiled, looking around at any last things he had to clean up. Everything looked good, and he had lent it all from a local establishment, for a good price, because of his status as magical academy post-graduate and researcher.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 8:17 pm

"Quite a walk, you say?" Again, she hesitated. That vague distance could mean anything. Still, she was still awake enough to keep a conversation. Maybe it would help to talk, after all. Finally, she returned his smile with one of her own. "You must know this area far better than I. I suppose it beats sleeping on the beach," she commented, laughing softly.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 10:11 pm

He laughed softly himself at the comment. "could you even imagine getting sand in your eyes after you woke up? it'd be horrid!" he shuddered somewhat at the lighthearted thought as he navigated bright eyes through the dark streets of canterlot. it was luckily far from midnight or anything, just being early in the night, so Bright had more than enough time to sleep, even if she intended to be awake by sunrise.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 12:04 am

It felt odd to have admitted to anyone that she didn't have a place to call her own.  But Destiny didn't ask questions about it, for which Bright Eyes was glad.  "Destiny, I wanted to ask - I mean, if it's alright..."  She paused for another lingering second before coming straight out with it.  "Your spell earlier.  It really scared me.  So I guess my question is... Why?  Why that kind of magic?  It didn't feel good," she admitted, hiding a shudder at the recollection of awful feelings and thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 12:32 am

Destiny's eyes shrunk. He had no idea it hit her so bad. He felt.. guilty. No. Horrible. how could he give someone such bad feelings... surely he could've explained everything without it. He started brooding for a bit, before almost hitting a lamppost infront of him. The realization of an object standing there called him awake. She's ASKING something, you idiot. he thought to himself. and he turned to her. "That... Spell. As much as i hate it.. i made it while i was young.. and it's what made my cutie mark appear. That spell is somehow tied to my destiny. i-i..." he bit his tongue. He didn't feel right anymore, but not explaining it to her would make it all the more wrong. "I regret making it." He said. "And now.. i must learn what good it can do... For such is my destiny... So although it might've made you feel bad..." He sighed.

he had to make something positive out of this. it was his destiny. "Hopefully.. And that's my theory... It'll help you focus on what you must do, no matter how unpleasant it is... B-but i understand it's still a horrid spell.. A-And... i should have warned you." He started off strong, giving her a convincing plus side to the dark magic, but fell apart halfway, nervous and wracked with guilt. "I... I'm indebted to you for listening to my story... S-so... Uhm.. Could you... Share your problems with me? i-it's only fair.. and i promise to help you -however- i can." he smiled to her, worried but wanting to make the most out of the situation nontheless. "I swear. On my Doctorate's Degree." he said to her, Truthfully and with as much determination he could muster.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 2:30 am

It’ll help you focus on what you must do, no matter how unpleasant it is.  His words ruminated within her skull as Bright Eyes considered this alternate point of view.  What could it mean?  It would make sense that her anxieties about her aging parents had surfaced, but the rest…  “You did warn me,” she conceded. “It was just so - so surprising to come across something like that.  I’ve studied a lot of magic, but that’s unlike anything I’ve read about or heard about.”

“Really, it is an impressive spell.  Just…” She uttered a soft sigh, unable to bring herself to label the frightening spell as dark.  “Just different.  But you have a good point.” Destiny asked to hear about her troubles, but something else he had said caught her attention.  “You have a doctorate?”  She hoped her question didn’t sound as shocked as she was - though his interest in research suddenly made complete sense.

Finally, as her anxieties tumbled inside of her mind, she blurted out, “I think what troubles me the most is that your spell made me feel confused.  Lost, in a way.  But maybe that's closer to the truth than I had realized.”
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 10:34 am

Destiny nodded to her asking about him having a doctorate. "College of Magical researches." he quickly stated before letting her continue, listening to how she feel unsure more than directly worried about something. "I'd.. Gladly try to help you find your direction. Maybe i'll learn a bit too, because i'm not sure i know my path so exactly myself. But u-uhm." He felt bad about turning the subject back to him, he wanted to focus on her for now, and that was evident.

"I-Is there anything in.. specific you're confused or lost about? because i can't imagine the spell would be so unpleasant for just someone with some wanderlust... After all, it uh.. Doesn't create bad feelings, it only amplifies bad feelings you already have. It's not like powerful dark magic..." He said, somewhat unsurely. He was hoping that she was willing to tell him more, so that he could really help. And that it wasn't too long of a story, cause by now they were closing in on the location. Mostly because they had many difficult minutes of silence during the walk, not unexpected for two ponies conversing such a subject.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 7:15 pm

“I don’t feel badly about some of the things that entered into my mind,” she began, but quickly she stopped herself as her head shook.  “Or maybe I do, but hadn’t stopped to think that there could be a problem.  Those feelings aren’t who I am.”

They were worse than a bad dream.

But what was it that was really nagging at her?  She frowned.  “I guess, at the end of the day, this isn’t where I expected to be.  Not that this is bad, but —“ Hesitating, she wasn’t certain what possessed her to say any of it.  She spent so much time lost to her own thoughts, but she had always kept her feelings far removed, which wasn't hard with her her logical sensibilities.

“Most ponies have expectations for how a life should turn out.  What I have couldn’t be further from that.  It’s the life that I’ve chosen, but is it more of a life that I had no choice but to accept?  All of this walking and searching.  And I still haven’t found what I’m looking for.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)   An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Excessive Talent Show (Destiny Seeker & Bright Eyes)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next