My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lucid Dreams

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Discorderly

Discorderly

Lucid Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Lucid Dreams   Lucid Dreams I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 9:48 am

Lucid Dreamer
Lucid Dreams VFU8RTw
Preferred Names: Luci or Lucid
Species: Unicorn
Mane: Luci's mane is often kept in a barely contained bun, or tied back in some fashion, he was both blessed and cursed with an incredibly long mane, but his busy schedule often leaves him without time to fully tame it, so it often looks disheveled and barely controlled. It is a very soft, pale lavender, and hangs down in gentle curls.
Tail: His tail, much like his mane, is a barely achieved sense of control, kept tied at the end to keep it from going wild, it appears more straight, but the curl at the end betrays the same style as the mane.
Eyes: A deep violet, with a slightly lighter ring around the iris, he often has dark circles under his eyes, from many nights spent without sleep.
Body: Luci is a delicate but tall young stallion, with a thin and graceful physique, his coat is a blue violet hue, with soft golden accents along his hooves and face.
Cutie Mark: A soft mist of night sky, twinkling with gold and white stars, and three Z's, it symbolizes his specialized sleep centered magic, the ability to gently lull any pony into slumber.

Personality:
Lucid is sometimes described as 'far closer to the moon than any of us', and it is a statement that is fairly true. He has a very lofty and out there personality, his eyes never seem fully focused, and his words sometimes come out in strange ways, cryptic or confusing, often broken sentences. But as his name implies, he is most often very lucid, where he speaks perfectly clear and understandable, many simply attribute his strange behavior to his nearly constant sleep deprivation.

Likes: Watching the stars, astrology, lullabies, helping others, telling riddles, coffee and other sweets.

Dislikes: Sunlight, hot days, bitter or sour foods, forgetting things,  falling asleep at the wrong time.

History:
From the time he was old enough to take his first steps, if was clear he wasn't quite the same as other colts, he was a quiet foal, hardly making a peep beyond the occasional 'yes ma'am' or 'no sir'. He was often cast out for being so quiet, so withdrawn, but unlike other young ponies who feel hurt by the rejection of their peers, the young Lucid embraced it, spending his alone time lost in his thoughts or speaking seemingly to himself. He was an imaginative young colt, and though his parents found his behavior odd, they did not find in concerning, choosing instead to embrace him as he was rather than attempting to force a change on him.

As he grew he found that more and more ponies seemed to accept his strange presence, and though he barely spoke, he found himself gaining the friendship of a few of his peers, it was through these friends that he discovered his special talent. Calming magic. It happened when he was eleven, spending a particularly stormy night at the home of his best friend's house, he found himself staring through the window at the clouded sky as it flashed and illuminated in dazzling streaks. His friend had gone to sleep hours ago, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

He perked when he realize that the mare was stirring, as he turned he saw her dart up with a scream, promptly galloping over to her. Despite his best attempts, she would not wake from the rather violent night terror, and he found himself growing more panicked as it went on. Suddenly he felt a surge of magic as his horn began to glow, a gentle and dark violet that swirled around the mare's head in a soothing wave, almost immediately the magic did it's work as she was soothed into a soft slumber.

When he realized the implications of his powers, it was clear what his purpose was. As he grew he studied endlessly to perfect his magic the best he could, it was clear that he displayed a higher power than average unicorns, but he knew if he wanted to master his abilities, there was only one place he could go.

Getting accepted into the School for Gifted Unicorns was the proudest moment for the pony who was now a young stallion, and he spends his days and often nights pouring himself into his studies, working to fully grasp the range of his powers, so that he can help those who suffered the same way his friend did when he was younger.

Explanation on Lucid's Powers: Lucid's powers are knows to cause a very soothing effect, inducing a warm and comforting feeling in the recipients. This ability can help those who are experiencing bad anxiety or nervousness, or calm those who are in the midst of a night terror, helping to sooth them back into a warm sleep.

His magic does have an unintended side effect, a reaction that nopony has been able to place a reason to. Every time he uses his soothing spells, it seems to suck away his own ability to sleep. Because of this he is often quite sleep deprived, and has to take periods of rest so that he can catch even a little but of much needed sleep.

Example RP segment:
A foal has lost its mother and is sobbing inconsolably in the street

The night hung around him like a gentle fog, caressing his senses and pervading his thoughts with a sense of wonder that he only found at night, the daylight was so invasive, and painful to his eyes, and he usually found himself shut away when Celestia's sun greeted the horizon. He was a pony who took much more pleasure in Luna's night, the subtle shades and muted colors, a stark contrast to the sky that glittered with millions of stars, and as he stared at the stars he seemed to become lost in them.

Until he heard the cry, it was odd to hear this late at night, as it sounded incredibly young. His senses became alert and his dreamy haze broke into full lucidity as he followed the sound, finding the owner of the cry when he approached a hysterical little filly. She was sobbing and all but gasping for breath between her cries, it was clear that she was scared to death.

His voice was gentle and his head was low as he approached, looking the filly over for any signs of injury, "Excuse me, miss. Are you okay?" The filly clearly couldn't even answer him through her tears, and he chewed his lip as his anxiety rose, he'd hoped that tonight could be a rest night, but this was more important than that. He took a breath and then a gentle glow surrounded his horn, swirling in a gentle mist that seemed to be pulled from the night sky itself, it coiled gently around the little filly, and soon her sobs became less ragged, quieting to mere sniffles, until she seemed to calm completely. He looked tired as he smiled at her, "Apologies, but what are you doing out here?"

The filly's voice still cracked as she spoke, "I-I was angry at my mommy...s-s-so I...I...I ran away..." She squeaked as she was lifted in a gentle aura of magic, onto his back, and he gave her a gentle smile, his voice quiet as he spoke, "Do you know where you life from here, little miss?" The filly squeaked and shook her head, but chirped a reply, "N-no! B-b-but I remember my address, mommy had me memorize it!" He continued to smile as she proudly recited it to him, nodding and speaking softly, "Smart girl, lets get you home, okay?" The filly gently took hold of his mane and held on as he headed in the direction of the address given, he realized that this meant he would lose a rest day, but the warmth he felt at helping her was worth the sleepless nights.

[Acceptance]

Last edited by Discorderly on Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:05 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Coding fix!)
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Lucid Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid Dreams   Lucid Dreams I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 1:16 am

It looks good but I'm not sure if allowing him to give others dreams or nightmares would mean god-modding. Also, so far only Luna has been seen with that ability, which means it could have to use some powerful dream or influencing spell to be able to use.... But the rest looks ok! I'll ask the others!
Back to top Go down
Discorderly

Discorderly

Lucid Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid Dreams   Lucid Dreams I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 1:25 am

I could just change it so that his magic can only sooth others? Induce calm which, when one is having a night terror or something, could give the effect of calming them back to sleep? Maybe not directly sleep related but still able to aid in it?

I'd still like if the magic had some effect on his own ability to sleep, since that was basically meant to be a setback for using the abilities, since he can't actually use them too much for too long, but I don't mind changing it from being directly sleep related if you guys decide it's too much, and I can take out the bit about giving dreams/nightmares entirely! ^^

Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Lucid Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid Dreams   Lucid Dreams I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 4:35 am

Yeah, that sounds much better! I'm so sorry for replying so late ^^' I spoke with Blind (who is a former admin but still XD) and she said it should be toned down from the original so this new idea you have would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Discorderly

Discorderly

Lucid Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid Dreams   Lucid Dreams I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 5:17 am

Alright I tweaked everything a bit! :D
His powers now only induce a calming sensation, able to soothe anxiety or fear, and help ponies having night terrors to calm down so they can sleep easier! :D
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Lucid Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid Dreams   Lucid Dreams I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 9:36 pm

Awesome, Approved!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Lucid Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid Dreams   Lucid Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Aaa, I was just looking over this and I love the art style!
Back to top Go down
http://mewsdistantrealm.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Lucid Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid Dreams   Lucid Dreams I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucid Dreams
Page 1 of 1