My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starbridge, Magical Researcher

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Starbridge

Starbridge, Magical Researcher Empty
PostSubject: Starbridge, Magical Researcher   Starbridge, Magical Researcher I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Starbridge
Starbridge, Magical Researcher 33e4s9d
Species: Unicorn
Mane: Dark purple
Tail: Fashionably long
Eyes: Striking blue
Body: Well exercised, but not buff.
Cutie Mark: 2 large stars, 2 small stars, all connected by a yellow line.
Age (Baby,adult): Adult (26 years)
Personality: Curious, focused, logical, caring, a bit of a romantic.
Likes: Looking at stars, staying up late, reading novels, sitting in the park watching everypony, cooking.
Dislikes: Loud noises, iggnorance, bravado.
History: Starbridge is born into a good family within Canterlot's middleclass citizenry, and recieves good schooling. Both mother and father are Unicorns, and as such there has been a lot of pressure from home for him to excel at magicial studies. At age 9 he gains his cutiemark through a night of stargazing. His youthfull mind envisioned the idea that you could travel to other stars, other dimensions, new places to explore and experience, and with that he set his mind on studying all that the subject had to offer.
After his general schooling had finished he began his own research on teleportation, theoretical extradimensional travel, pocket dimensions, and everything in between. He recieves funding from his studies, by publishing papers and theories to the magically inclined community at Canterlot, though he has yet to have a major breakthrough, his biggest and most ardently worked on theory is that you travel through a pocket plane when you teleport, and that there might be magical secrets kept within that plane. He has a small apartment, usually cluttered with papers and diagrams from his research.

Example RP segment: 1. A foal has lost its mother and is sobbing inconsolably in the street . Given your OC’s personality, compose a brief narrative in which your OC identifies and addresses the situation.

As the moon rose above the spires of Canterlot, Starbridge made his way from the library towards his residence. In his bags were the fruit of todays labour, stacks of scrolls and a few books. He was humming to himself, matching the tune with his hooves, when something broke his step. He heard the quiet weeping of a filly. Raising his head, his ears perked, trying to pinpoint the troubled youth. Quickly making his way through the streets he found her, sitting near the entrane to an alley crying her little eyes out. He approached her slowly, adressing her quietly, "Hey little one. What's the matter?" The filly looked up at him, drying her eyes. "I can't find my way home... I got lost on the way." He smiled at her and walked closer, kneeling down letting her see him eye to eye. "Can you remember where your parents live? Or anyone you know?" She shook her head, and began crying again. He smiled overbearingly, and took a hankerchief from a pocket in his bag. "Here, dry your eyes little one. We'll find the guards and they will know where to find your parents." She smiled at him weakly and nodded. He helped her up, and walked with her through the empty streets to a guardpost. Starbridge adressed the guard, explaining the situation. The girl told her name, and the guard nodded and said that he could follow her home. Starbridge denied, saying that he would like to walk her home himself, making sure she got home safe, and letting the guard continue his patrol. They walked for a short while, and when they came to the house, the filly lit up, jumping up the stairs. Her parents were waiting, huggin their child. "Sir, who are you?" He made a slight bow, "I am Starbridge."

Acceptance
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

PostSubject: Re: Starbridge, Magical Researcher   Starbridge, Magical Researcher I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 12:00 am

:D :D WELCOME TO THE FORUM STAR BRIDGER!!! I'M YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD MODERATOR, DOODLE BUG! ^_^ IT'S SO NICE TO MEET YOU AND LEARN ABOUT YOUR OC! [INSERT THE MOD WHO EATS TOO MUCH SUGAR 8D]! Your app looks great but unfortunately, I can't approve this just yet. The ability to bridge to other galaxies/dimensions is a superbly over powerful and it goes along with these rules, here:
The rules wrote:
ii) In-character Protocol
1. *** Members may not employ supernatural abilities, assume control of other members’ characters, or otherwise forcibly create an environment in which other OCs are compromised without consent. 3. OCs will not be approved if their characterization does not follow a rational scheme. Ponies do not have special abilities extending beyond racial attributes. Ponies are only as stylistically modern as the Equestrian setting permits. Ordinary ponies do not live in or originate from the Everfree forest. For a list of regions and their corresponding themes, refer to |this topic|.
4. OCs will not be approved if their role in Equestrian society is exaggerated beyond reason. Ponies may not have royal statuses, special elements, or other attributes that center society around the single character.

I humbly apologize >~<

(Multi-language just in case English isn't your first language ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Starbridge

PostSubject: Re: Starbridge, Magical Researcher   Starbridge, Magical Researcher I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 8:52 am

Aaaaah, I think i've not made myself clear then. :P I'll try to rephrase.
He isnt able to do any such superpowered things, only the established teleport skill. The rest is just his research subjects, and most of it is theoretical at best. He has no actual proof of his theories, not yet anyhow.
It shouldnt be taken as more as a nerds love for a subject that not many else take too seriously. No superpowers here. :)
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

PostSubject: Re: Starbridge, Magical Researcher   Starbridge, Magical Researcher I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 11:26 pm

Oooh, I see! ^_^ Well, depending on how far this (his normal established and findings) teleportation spell will take him based on the normal pony/alicorn ratio it could easily get out of hand. So, if I approve this, he can never succeed in his findings. :/ But, otherwise:

APPROVED!
Back to top Go down
Starbridge

PostSubject: Re: Starbridge, Magical Researcher   Starbridge, Magical Researcher I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 10:21 am

Of course of course. :) I'll keep it within rational standards, thank you very much. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starbridge, Magical Researcher   Starbridge, Magical Researcher I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starbridge, Magical Researcher
Page 1 of 1