My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DeSantaLives

DeSantaLives

Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix Empty
PostSubject: Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix   Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Solomon "Solemn" Pheonix
Species: Griffin (Callilian approved)
Mane: . the only things that stand out are her dark grey beak, talons, and eye highlights (acts like eyebrow) Her "hair" feathers are short but very carefully taken care of, swept back.

Eyes: Aqua blue eyes

Body: Sleek and light grey, her back is like that of a lion. Her front talons covered in soft white down feathers. Sometimes, when attending a formal function or similar situation, She dons a white frock coat with blue lining, with a blue cravat and white vest.

As far as flying goes, Solomon prefers to walk. As a Griffin, she is not nearly as fast or maneuverable as a Pegasus, and finds it difficult to gain altitude quickly (on a good day, she can make it as high as the lowest point of cloudsdale) although she can fly a greater distance and for a longer time.
Cutie Mark: N/A

Age (Baby,adult): 23 years (human equivalent)

Personality:Soft spoken and reserved, Solomon's melancholic nature reflects in the blunt way she treats those she dislikes. Although she won't kill anyone, that doesn't mean that she has to like them. Even to those she doesn't mind, she can seem constantly bored and emotionless. She has moments of remarkably eloquence and passionate outbursts of emotion.

Likes: The humanities, Poetry (British Romanticism), theatre. Solomon loves to sing, draw using charcoal and pencil, and recite and write poetry (although she is much better at theory than actually writing) Primarily, she is a artist.

Dislikes: All criminals, particularly Highwaymen, bandits, thieves, brigands, and pirates (She somehow stomachs Calico due to her supposed "honorable attempt at chivalry").  Even with her military backround, Solomon finds it very uncomfortable to handle weaponry of any fashion, particularly blades. She despises all forms of violence, and will put herself at risk to stop any living creature from getting hurt. Solomon has never learned to swim; the second her feathers get wet, she sinks like a rock. Although griffins are carnivores, Solomon has never eaten any mammal or other bird.

History: The Pheonix household is a powerful family of the Griffon kingdom. Of primarily of military backround, they can trace their lineage to before the fall of King Sombra. Solomon was born to Polonius Fredrick Phoenix, a highly regarded naval captain (and 1st son of the paterfamilias) and Morrigan Johanna Phoenix, one if the empire's top scholars. The second child, Solomon was quiet compared to her hot-headed and boisterous older brother, one Charlemagne Pheonix, even when she was young.

Regardless of the more competitive and uptight culture of the Empire, Solemn's parents and brother provided a fairly standard upbringing. While by no means the perfect family, they all looked after one another. Although Polonius wanted his children to take up military pursuits like himself, only Charlemagne was interested in becoming involved in the navy, like his father. Solemn however, was more interested in art and studying other cultures. Disappointed, but none the less determined, her parents took charge of her education.

Taught by her parents, Solemn's father read equestrian poetry, literature, and theatre as well as works from the few Griffin artists that existed in history. Morrigan showed her the intricacies and theory of visual art, and even took her to some academic conventions to better her learning.

Where she did excel was art. Using a pencil she would draw her family, guests, animals, plants, and other still lifes quickly and very accurately.

Due to her appearances, station, and demure attitude, she even attracted a great many suitors. All of which she have polite conversation with, then arranged that she would never see them ever again.

On her 15th birthday, her father announced that Her older brother and he would go on an exhibition to capture or kill the renown pirate known as Black Mane, a ruthless stallion who showed no mercy. Her brother gave her a silver talon-ring with a Ruby inset.

On her 16th birthday, her father returned missing an eye, an arm, and  her brother.

On her 17th birthday, She and her father had a terrible argument. Her father claimed that because Black Mane was went down with his ship, Charlemagne's sacrifice was worthwhile, and this made Solemn furious. After a night of heated yelling, screeching, thrown silver wear (Only by Polonius), Solomon left, gathered a duffle bag of things, and flew off without a word.

Wandering country to country, Solomon quickly fell in with rich aristocrats, who desired her skill at portraits and her generally amicable personality. While she was well provided for by her patrons as she found them, she was, as all artists are, considerably poor, but never in want. Eventually she was able to get passage on a vessel bound for Equestria, that was promptly robbed by a pirate known as Captain Blastsides. While seeing her just as vile as her kin, for some reason or another, When Blastsides offered passage to Equestria, Solemn accepted and traveled with her a ways, as a guest. She left the pirate's company just as Blastsides was about to meet the Black Mare.

Upon hearing a rumor that a particularly rambunctious pirate captain defeated the daughter of the Black Mane, Solomon started to seek out Blastsides. Whether to assist, or to get her arrested, is a mystery.

Example RP segment: (Refer to post below)
Variant of the Manehattan Bully prompt.

"What are you staring at?" The gentle pony looked the Griffin up and down.

"I do say, this lady must be the surgeon we sent for." a second gentle pony stated, twiddling a mustache.

"Keen eye, Winthrop. Good show."

Solomon Phoenix blinked. "I beg you-"

"You're late, you know. I almost thought I'd have to shoot this blighter without a surgeon! Pendergast, if I miss luncheon with the missus because of this duel I will tan this featherball's hide!" The 2nd gentle pony named Winniethrop scowled.

Under her Snow White feather's, Solomon blanched.

"T'isn't good form." Pendergast agreed.

Solomon muttered something about murder and duels and the law, but wasn't heard.

"Now let's get this over with." The second of Pendergast gave Solomon a case, upon opening it, she appeared to be ready to relieve her lunch.

"Now, If you would please..." Stage two gentle ponies watched as the Griffin took off at as fast a clip as her legs could carry her back from where she came.

"Why the very nerve!" A second shouted.

"After her!" Winniethrop ordered. "I swore I'd kill this gentle pony" indicating Pendergast, who smiled cheerily. "...and I be damned if some rabbit-eating surgeon is going to ruin that!"

After evading the angered gentry, Solomon stared at the box blankly In a tree. She couldn't ditch the two flintlock pistols in the dirt, for risk someone would find it and hurt themselves. She resolved that she would hold onto them until she could properly dispose of them. She stuffed them into her satchel and flew away, hearing an outraged cry from below the treeline.

Acceptance.

Last edited by DeSantaLives on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix   Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 3:03 am

I see a couple of problems with your app, namely the magic bit (Griffins aren't magic at all, there's only the unicorns and the alicorns) and the bit about her being owl/panther instead of eagle/griffin. I'm not sure about the last bit, I'll be asking the admins tomorrow when the current discussion ends. There are a few other tidbits, but I don't have my computer at the moment so it's difficult for me to point them out. I'd prefer to use the quote option but I can't really do that on my phone. I'll get back to you when I wake up
Back to top Go down
http://one-piece-oc-rp.forumotion.com
DeSantaLives

DeSantaLives

PostSubject: Re: Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix   Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 3:06 am

Sounds good! As it was a bit of a longshot, I will take out the magic portion. The idea behind the owl/panther bit was that I liked the idea that griffin were a combination of a great cat and a bird of prey (not necessarily eagle/lion)

Thank you for the criticism!
Back to top Go down
DeSantaLives

DeSantaLives

PostSubject: Re: Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix   Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 3:09 am

1st edit done, all evidence of magic use are removed
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix   Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Alright, thanks for editing that. Now I'm sorry about this, because I thought it was actually a cool idea, but I asked the other admins and mods and they all agreed nay on the owl/panther. Griffons are designated eagle-lion mash ups, and I don't think there's anyway around that.
Back to top Go down
DeSantaLives

DeSantaLives

PostSubject: Re: Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix   Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Alright, before I make any more changes, would it be alright If I made Solemn a albino?
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix   Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:46 pm

Yes that would be fine ^.^
Back to top Go down
DeSantaLives

DeSantaLives

PostSubject: Re: Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix   Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Made some changes, the colors should be okay
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140204152025/mlp/images/b/bd/Griffons_stretching_S4E10.png
For reference!

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix   Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 12:02 am

Alright that's better, thank you ^.^

Approved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix   Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solomon "Solemn" Phoenix
Page 1 of 1