My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Not the perfect day after all.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Switchblade

Switchblade

Not the perfect day after all. Empty
PostSubject: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:07 pm

Months had passed since the events at the castle of the two sisters and much had changed; Switchblade now had a daughter and a smaller workload for the day.

He sat happily at the counter of his shop, door open and golden light bathing the room, he sipped at a tea next to him while he stared out of a side window, the world seemed completely at rest "Nothing can ruin this." he said to himself.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:34 pm

Time truly flies when one is occupied- especially when it concerns learning a completely new aspect of magic that one's body and soul was not accustomed to. But that was exactly what Onyx Pariah, formerly Gem, had started to do. Ever since she acquired the second half to her amulet, her time had been completely devoted to discovering its light side and unlocking its power. It had taken weeks just to unlock within herself the potential to use the light, it took several more to cast so much as a single spell in such a nature. And yet, despite the months that had gone by without notice, the mare was still battling with her essence and was starting to lose the fight.

Perhaps it was the frustration in failing to attune herself to the amulet that brought her to Ponyville- a town that was quiet, low populated, and most importantly ignorant of her identity. Or perhaps it was the fact that she still wished to push herself into learning the light, and had an idea just who might be able to aid her. Then again, a combination of the two was quite probable. Whatever the case, Onyx slowly stalked the cobblestone streets in the residential district, intent on finding the home of a particular unicorn stallion whose name had never been given to her. Yet he had divulged his address. Go figure.

Her red eyes came across the appropriate number he had dictated long ago. She slowed to a stop before the humble abode and tilted her head to one side. Noticing the door was open, the unicorn smirked. Somepony's quite comfortable here. Stepping forward, she decided to be polite and knocked on the door with a hoof rather than to just barge in.
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Switchblade looked up towards the guest, the light shone in such a way that he couldn't see anything but their silhouette. He put his top hat on his head and faced their way, on his belt was a weighty blacksmith's hammer "Do come in, please, how may I help you?" he asked, smiling lightly.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:13 pm

The light was blinding, more so because she was a creature of darkness- not by birth, but through practice. Fortunately, all it took was the raising of a hoof before her muzzle to block most of it out as she advanced forward, her hooves rhythmically clanking on the floor. Onyx did her best to move to a place where the light wasn't as strong so she could observe her surroundings. Apparently, the residence doubled as a workshop of sorts, and the stallion she sought was diligently working on something. I'd never expect him to live such an honest life. He definitely did not come off as a normal unicorn. Perhaps this is all a cover?

Smiling, the mare bowed her head in greeting. "It's been a long time, nameless stallion." She advanced forward, her shadow lengthening as she pushed through the golden glow to get closer to him. Stopping not too far away, she raised her head, fully exposing her alicorn pendant in all its glory. "I apologize for not visiting you sooner, but I had other matters to attend to." Her eyes cast down to the piece that she so greatly admired, then returned to him. "And it looks like you've been quite busy yourself." Onyx added, gesturing to all the gizmos around the room.
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:18 pm

Switchblade waved a hoof "This is all older stock, need to clear it out before restocking the shop. What brings you here, Onyx?" he asked, smiling at Onyx "How is the magic coming along?"
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:42 pm

She casually looked around, not all too curious about the work he had done and was still doing. "Not so well, I'm afraid. My essence just won't take to the light as I'd like it to." Heavily, she sighed while gently tapping the floor with a hoof. "I've been trying for months to attune myself, but it's no use. The power is there, but it works on its own accord." Stepping closer, the unicorn peered over at his cup of tea and shrugged. "I'm going to have to find a way around it, apparently." She had some ideas in mind, but had yet to execute any of them.

Smiling pleasantly, Onyx slowly lowered onto her haunches to sit beside him. "I came because I said I would visit, and it just so happens that I was visiting Ponyville for..business purposes." She raised a hoof and examined it nonchalantly. "You told me, if I recall correctly, that you would tell me your name. Now, I have been busy and not harping over it, but in the recesses of my mind, curiosity nagged at me. You helped me dearly back in the forest and I have yet to repay the favor. How could I do such a thing without even knowing who you are?"
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Switchblade smiled, looking at Onyx "My name is Switchblade." he said, a hint of kindness in his voice "And it seems like you are confused about how the light works; it works with emotions and desires, you can't just summon it like the darkness; light will only work beside you." he explained.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 11:50 am

She sneered at his insight. If such was the case, then the light would never be hers to command. Emotions had been nothing but trouble for her since she was but a filly- due to her magic being so strong (partially due to her parents being of two different breeds of unicorn), any little outburst was enough to deal a lot of damage. The mare learned to conceal them deep down inside, less her magic get out of control. Furthermore, during her training as an acolyte of the darkness, emotions were frowned upon, spit on, and considered weakness. It seems I'll have to do as I planned. If only I knew what would become of the amulet after.

Onyx tried her best to remain appearing positive and lighthearted. "I see, thank you for your counseling, Switchblade." The name seemed rather odd, even for this day and age. Perhaps she'd do a little research on her way home- she did plan on hitting the library in Canterlot before returning to her abode. "I apologize for interrupting your work." She stated, already turning to face the door. "I do still owe you a favor, so if you ever need anything from me.." Her horn produced a flash of red light, from which a small card was conjured.

She had the hardened parchment float on over to Switchblade and land before him upon the table. "Just use the runes on this card to contact me. It'll establish a communication portal." The unicorn took a few paces before stopping again and looking over a shoulder. "Unless..you have need of me now?"
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Switchblade nodded gravely "Unfortunately I do need to speak with you." he said, his smile fading "Its of great importance that I speak with you immediately."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Curiously, she tilted her head to one side. "Oh? You have my full attention." She replied, doing a one-eighty to reface him. Having a good suspicion that his request may very well be a long one, she carefully walked back over to where he was at his table and retook her seat. While the floor wasn't a proper place for somepony like her, it was at least clean and as comfortable as wood could get. At least her armor was well-fitted to her form so it didn't stick her anywhere. "You seem a bit grave."

Onyx had a feeling it had to do with something 'evil,' or at the very least 'dark.' Or at least she was hoping so, since such was her expertise.
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Switchblade sighed heavily "I met one of your fellow acolytes the other day. He was trying to bring somepony back, it turns out that ritual destroys the soul of the pony involved which is then used as a vessel. I only found this out by reading his notebook after he died; he didn't have enough power to replace the soul so he was killed. I know you are trying the same thing with bringing that somepony back, and I beg you to stop; raising him will only bring sorrow for all, please, I'm begging you; stop this mission; he's not worth it."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Her pupils constricted and eyes widened to the news. While her optics were locked in Switchblade's own, her reality had dissolved into her conscious mind. She heard him speak, but her brain raced a mile a minute, creating images of her former allies and associates. Eventually, the whole group stood together in a circle formation with her at the center, their masculine and feminine forms concealed beneath cloaks. As she looked at them one-by-one, another figure materialized from the shadows. He was much taller than the rest and held a deeply ominous presence, one so strong that all the others were forced to bow, as was she.

A hoof touched under the chin of her mental self-image and lifted her head up. She peered into the hood but only saw a void of black. Do not lisssten to him, my dear. Her Master's voice was as sweet as honey, soothing despite the serpentine hiss. It mussst be done. Onyx nodded, having already come to the conclusion herself. I know, Master. And unlike that fool, I will not have anyone around to observe my process. What he did was risky- he attempted the most obvious of routes. What I have in mind is far more complex and likely to work.

Her Master chuckled. I am well aware of that, my precioussss. But beware of thisss one. Hisss light isss ssstrong. Do not underesstimate him. With that, the cloaked stallion retreated back into the shadows, and one by one so did her fellow acolytes. Left alone, the mare looked down at her hooves with more determination than ever. This Switchblade may become a problem. If he interferes, I will have to do something about it. Until then, though, he's safe.

Onyx blinked, bringing herself back to reality. "This notebook..do you have it still?" She was curious to find out who had sacrificed himself for the greater good. While she still believed him to be an incompetent idiot, his death did bring about her own safety- now she was aware that Switchblade had to be watched.
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Switchblade looked at Onyx "Sorry, it stays with me. I'm not sure if I can trust you, can't believe you played the family card to make me get you that part of the amulet, luckily I'm still more proficient in the light than you, you're just lucky that I don't get angry over these kind of problems. I know that you serve a higher power and that you were raised to trust and believe in them, but I was given that same experience. You wanna know how it ended? In them betraying and trying to murder me; there is a fine line between darkness and evil, don't get dragged across it."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Onyx narrowed her eyes and bit down on her lower lip. It was exceptionally difficult to maintain not only her composure but emotions as well. Already she could feel heat beginning to stir around her eyes while her essence burned on its own accord. She continued to maintain eye contact with him, wondering whether or not she should utilize one of the mind-bending techniques her superiors had taught her. Normally she'd be against it- mind control was not only dangerous but cowardly as well. But Switchblade was most definitely asking for a warped mind and then some.

"Your light has nothing on the darkness I have." The unicorn snarled, her temper beginning to flare. "You know nothing of me. You may have knowledge about my Order, but that does not mean I am anything like them." She spat the words like venom, each one true and to the point. No longer able to contain her rage, the mare's eyes burned with ravenous purple flames and their whites pulsed a devious green. "But why would I ever expect a light-loving foal like you to understand?" Her teeth were bared with a sneer, their canines unusually long and sharp.

Her shadow began to stretch and waver, forming tendrils that squirmed around like thousands of serpents. They raced across the floor, around the table and beneath other furniture pieces, seeking the book she desired. "I suggest you give me the notebook. This is the last time I'll ask for it. I won't hesitate to rip this place apart there after."
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 6:37 pm

Switchblade looked at Onyx with equal rage in his eyes, he stamped his hoof emitting a wave of blinding light, when the light faded Switchblade stood there smiling "There, no more book; I can't have it and you can't have it. You may have lifetimes of conditioning in cruelty but I know there is good in you, you just need to find it." he spoke with relative peace in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:22 pm

She turned her head away from the sudden brilliance but was otherwise unaffected by it. Her shadows danced and shrieked upon being touched by the light, but the moment it subsided they grew twice as thick, as if having fed off from it. Noticing this, the mare laughed to herself. It seems it can be done. My plan can actually work. Her eyes fell to the pendant around her throat, whose white side began to darken as the black section pulsed with might. The light is corruptible. Shadows can feed off of it and grow stronger. I may be able to completely convert the pendant over to my nature with less effort than I realized.

Hearing his announcement regarding the notebook, Onyx snorted and withdrew her shadow tendrils back into her natural one. "There is much more to dark magic than the evil it reflects." Calmly, she stated, her mane's hairs beginning to shift into shadow-flame form. "Dark magic does not have to be cruel. Nor does it have to be evil." Behind her, a mist of black began to spawn, which condensed and expanded outward, soon forming the silhouette of an alicorn with brilliant glowing red eyes. "You're just like all the others. So ignorant, believing that darkness is only one sort of nature and can only be used one way."

Her very form started to flicker as the one behind her bent its wings inward, their tips nearly touching her sides. "I will educate the world about dark magic, once I've completely my goal and ascension." The image's head bowed low, chin lightly brushing the top of her shadowy mane. "Do not get in my way, Switchblade. I've never taken a life before, but there is always a first time for everything. I will not stop until all my hard work bares its fruit." The unicorn's eyes turned the same shade of red as the false alicorn's, though the flames that leaked from their ends remained a powerful purple.

"What you destroyed was nothing more than a memento of my past. I never intended on following that pony's example. I already have my own way set in motion."
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Switchblade sighed "I had so much faith that you might not follow your destructive cause; your conquest will only end in strengthening the belief of dark magic being evil, but if you want to stay your bearing then all I can do is prepare to save the innocent from your quest." he sighed and turned away, heading to the back room "You may leave now."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:45 pm

"My conquest, as you so call it, will bring a new age upon Equestria." Onyx spoke low and soft, though was quite audible. "For too long, those of my essence have been persecuted and feared. Too many have attempted to wield the power that I have come to admire for the wrong reasons, and as a result, heightened those stereotypes." She closed her eyes but the fire continued to burn. "It is my destiny to show the world what the darkness truly is. It is my burden to keep the dark in check and out of the hooves of those who misuse it." The alicorn manifestation curled its wings to hold the mare soothingly. "In order to do this, though, I must ascend. And to ascend, I need more power."

The unicorn smiled. "I will raise my King, but not for the reasons you believe."

Reality warped itself for her, and once again Onyx was thrust into her subconscious. Her Master stood alone across from her mental mirror, his cloak billowing with the rage that bubbled beneath. What isss thisss you're talking about? He roared, shaking the very foundation of her mind. It is true, Master. I intend on bringing our King back, but not to rule over us. Intrigued, he cocked his head. I need his power. I still need to completely master the darkness, as he had once been close to doing himself. His physical form had permanently changed to reflect such, and I have yet to accomplish that much.

Her Master cracked his neck from side to side. I ssssee... Onyx looked into that void that was his face. But even his magic can't compare to that of Princess Luna. Or, should I say, Nightmare Moon. I have read a bit about her transformation, which occurred while we were banished from the dimension. I believe that whatever had corrupted her is the key to the true power of dark magic. He started to laugh. Well done. But if sssuch issss the cassse, then why bother resssssurrecting our King? Why not ssseeek out the corruption?

Their images faded as her consciousness returned to the presence. "Because I am not ready for that just yet." Onyx whispered to herself. "Beware, Switchblade. The dark lurks not just within those you'd expect it too. One does not have to look much further than themselves to discover it." With that, the alicorn mist collapsed over the unicorn, completely devouring her. It then imploded in on itself, and with a pop, completely vanished, leaving no trace of the mare behind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not the perfect day after all.   Not the perfect day after all. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not the perfect day after all.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Equestria :: Ponyville :: The Ponyville Houses-
Jump to: