My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seeking Answers

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

Seeking Answers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 pm

"This book has no markings, so I'm not exactly sure." Her red eyes scanned not the tome, but the magical barrier protecting it. "This spell is also different from the others." Knowing that he was also a unicorn, she hoped he would follow her assessment. A hoof was raised and pointed to the center. Should he have had enough training in his time, he should be able to see a silver spiral pattern, within which were several archaic symbols. Only those with a trained eye and a sense for magic could ever see such a thing, though. "It's much more complex. More powerful. Whatever this book is, Princess Luna did not want anyone to have it in their possession."

Onyx grinned. "Unfortunately for her, I recognize these runes." For ages, she had studied the ancient art of runes, which was a practice almost completely forgotten. They were useful tools in her opinion, allowing for magic spells to be cast with little to no effort. The only downside was it took precision to execute them- one little mistake and they would fail. "They're based on dark magic." She explained while stirring her own magical essence within. As it built, her sclera turned green and familiar purple flames sprouted from the corners of her eyes. "And only dark magic can counter dark magic."

Black bubbles of magic popped from her horn's tip, while purple and red electrical energy strands crackled. She launched a blast at the center of the barrier, right into its primary rune. Upon being struck, the symbol illuminated bright enough for anypony to see. It then released its own magic strand, which connected to the other runes and in return caused them to glow. Once the chain reaction ended, the barrier shattered, though the book within remained hovering in place.

"This is quite the prize." Surrounding the book with her dark magic, Onyx had it levitate on over to her carefully. It was then sent to one of her saddle bags, whose flap opened at her will and shut once the precious tome was safely inside. The unicorn then glanced across the room to the light side. "Did you see anything of value there? No sense in leaving these precious things behind if we don't have to."

Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Hmm... I'm not sure we should take anything from here; they were probably sealed here for a good reason. Don't want to end up like the guy back there." he gestured back at where the shadow creature was.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Clearly, he was too honest of a stallion to steal. Either that or he truly didn't recognize the potential of the artifacts. "Very well." Onyx reached into her other saddlebag and retrieved a piece of parchment from it, followed by a quill and ink. Utilizing her magic, she had the three objects levitate before her. Smirking all the while, she had the quill dip into the ink and begin scribbling directions onto the parchment, based on the route the two had traveled through the castle. The mare had every intention on returning to the room and retrieving some more goods for herself.

"Now that I've retrieved what I desire, it's time for me to learn how to use it." Her eyes followed the fluent movement of the common items as they sealed themselves back into her satchel. The unicorn's eyes rolled to the stallion. "I thank you for your assistance, but I believe it's time we parted." With that said, she started to draw symbols on the stone floor with a hoof. While her armor failed to leave a scratch, her magic did leave behind a light residue, which took the form of the archaic symbols she was illustrating.

Within a good solid minute Onyx had created a circle of runes and stood in the exact center of it. She studied her work to make sure each one was perfect, then crouched in preparation. A teleportation spell had been written, one that would get her wherever she desired with great ease and little strain on her essence. Runes truly were remarkable. "I never did get your name, though. Care to share before I set off?"
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Switchblade smiled politely "That is a truth to be revealed when our paths cross next, if you want the answer you seek; then seek me out at 72 cobblestreet in Ponyville, just be prepared to learn who I truly am. Farewell, Ms Pariah." Switchblade said, channeling light energy as his form slowly faded "Just remember that the light corrupts as much as the darkness."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Ponyville, hmm? Now that was an unexpected residence for someone so peculiar. Which made perfect sense for a cover-up, now that she thought about it. Though curious to discover his identity, the mare had much more important matters to attend to. Now that she had acquired a complete amulet, it was time to delve into its light side and learn how to harness its might. The light.. I never thought you'd actually find it.. A voice sounded in her head. She perked up and her ears stood erect- it had been some time since he revealed himself. Master? I was wondering where you had gone. Her eyes closed. With the newly created darkness, the unicorn found her image being replicated within the depths of her mind, as well as a cloaked form.

With itsss power, you will be able to bring him back. But, he isss sstill lossst, issss he not? Her duplicate looked away shamefully. I have not had any success in finding his horn, no. It was painful to confess. It will be found when it wantssss to be. The mare's master stated. For now, learn to use the new magic. While I myssself desspise it, it'ssss the only way to accomplish our goal. Without a farewell, his image flickered and faded, leaving Onyx alone. Yes, Master.

When her eyes reopened, the mysterious stallion was departing. With a nod and a chuckle at his warning, she conjured a small some of magic into the runes around her. Their red glow intensified. Energy began to crackle between them, then spider-webbed across the floor until they all met at the center. From there the essence built up, creating a sphere of expanding red light. When it reached out outer circle, it imploded. Once fully dismissed, the runes pulsed but once before disappearing themselves, leaving no trace of the dark mare behind..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seeking Answers
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3