My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

Location : Grounded, Be back when I can if you need me contact Switchblade

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:21 pm

Howdy Ya'll! (mercy did that just sound southern...)
I'm thinking of starting a new blog, and I need some help.
I'm going to have weekly topics to analyze and discuss from a fangirl's angle, hopefully digging deeper into this dark chaos we call a fandom.

For this, I obviously need Topics.
No real limit, as I intend to include on this blog DIY's, advice, and the occasional freelance snip of fanfiction.
Fandoms included:
All the fandoms!
(no really, I'm going to try to include everyone, and even join a few just so I can include them.)

So, right then, any suggestions!?

EDIT: UPDATE: The Blog is now online, for anypony who cares, no posts yet. You can find it at fandeepgeek.blogspot.com

Last edited by Candle_Glow on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:54 pm

You must absolutely positively do sections on Sherlock and Merlin. I compel you.  I love you No pressure! *Me is innocent*
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 8:28 pm

XD I will indeed include sherlock and merlin in on this. Hmm, I think their week themes may be communication (sherlock) and Secrecy (Merlin)
Back to top Go down
Moonlemon

Moonlemon

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Well, MLP, obviously
And what about Supernatural? (though it's completely understandable if you don't want to, if you find any of the subjects inappropriate to your beliefs)
And it'd make me happy if you maybe did Homestuck
And Doctor Who
And Harry Potter
And perhaps maybe some animes
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:42 pm

XD I'm including most of those moon.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:38 am

A interesting topic might be to comment on the fact that when something has gone on long enough, the people in charge of the running the shows are usually fans. See; Lauren Faust and Mlp, Steven Moffat and Doctor Who. Also, shows seem to be much more 'aware' of fandoms and can be greatly influenced by them.

OH, and I'm just going to throw in Touhou for the laughs. True, the fandom may not have the numbers or the 'oomph' of the others, but it has the interesting honour of fanworks completely and utterly eclipsing the original source material to the point that most Touhou fans are fans of the work done by other fans.

Or to put it another way, the amount of Touhou fanwork outweighs the original content to such an extent that 'fanon' is basically 'canon'.
Back to top Go down
Thespi Bacchanalian

Thespi Bacchanalian

Location : half a block between Here and There, and about a mile from Anywhere

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:22 pm

I think Intel brings up a good point, Things like Touhou, Don't hug me I'm Scared, and the most other "cult" material all are very small in terms of canonical material, but have a whole lot of fanon stuff.

Another thing is that you could look at music. The fact that there are so many different genres in today's music scene that its starting to be harder and harder to categorize stuff. Also a resurgence in the interest of older music (i.e. ragtime, big band, motown, doo wop, to name a few examples) I know that especially since there has been a resurgence in interest from games like Fallout or Bioshock, a group of people are getting back into music from the early 1900s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions?
Page 1 of 1