My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taking the week to be alone

Go down 
+2
Callilian
Blind Side
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Blind Side

Blind Side

Taking the week to be alone Empty
PostSubject: Taking the week to be alone   Taking the week to be alone I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:18 am

I told myself I wouldn't post this, but here I am. may as well get this over with. I'm taking the week off to be alone.

Recently, I've been feeling emotionally meh. So, since my professor is going out of town this week thus cancelling classes, I'm taking this opportunity to be alone. meaning, starting monday, my steam will be off, and probably my skype as well.

As an explanation, I will say this.

I hate feeling like the boss with a passion. I really do. I despise feeling like I'm in charge of you guys. I want to be your friend. referring back a post in this subforum a couple weeks (probably a month) back, it brought back this entire dread in me where I'm seen more as the boss instead of your friend.

I want you guys to feel like you can tell me anything with trust. I want you guys to be able to trust me. For me, hearing that people thought they'd be banned for voicing an opinion really struck a cord in me. I found it disturbing that people thought I'd be a total heartless jerk about things. I found it really disturbing that somewhere along the line, I might have lost friendships in exchange for a begrudging tolerance of hierarchy.

The word hierarchy alone is a bit disturbing to me. I dunno. at the end of it, what I'm saying is that I don't want to be your boss. I want to be your friend. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't feel like I am right now.

So... yeah. starting monday (or, in other words, tomorrow) I'm gonna take the week to be alone. you can still PM me if it's vital, just don't be surprised if I don't reply.
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: Taking the week to be alone   Taking the week to be alone I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:37 am

Oh dear Faust... I knew something like this was going to happen... I'm so sorry...
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Taking the week to be alone   Taking the week to be alone I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 1:33 am

Don't worry Calla. The situation explained was mainly an example. there are multiple things coming to fruition here. it isn't any one person's fault.
Back to top Go down
Darcia

Darcia

PostSubject: Re: Taking the week to be alone   Taking the week to be alone I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 4:34 am

Aww blindy don't worry :3 I think being admin means alot of newer ponieswill see you as an "authority figure" most likely it's because they see your red name( It is red right?)((le me is colorblind T_T) and the word admin when you post so generally that makes them think something thats similar to this: because they see you as an authority figure they will stereotype you to admins in general therefore they will think your strict and not as "fun" as other "normal" ponies, the same can be said for mods especially if they have had some bad experiences with some mods in other places.

It's really all a psychological thing really, if someone has never been on a place with mods & admins etc before then they will view everyone the same.

On a personal side note, I've never seen you or anyone else as having more or less power than anyone else.
If it helps you can relate your forum and chat powers as "responsibilities" it might make you see them more as things that you are in charge of because your trusted with & not just things you need to do because your admin.(Think i worded yhat wrong)

Another thing that might help is if people didn't know you were admin, they would view you as just a daily forumer but then i don't know if that would work.

Anyways i wub you <3 hope you come back sooner ^.^
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Taking the week to be alone   Taking the week to be alone I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:27 am

I'm sorry Blind! I feel like I contributed to this in some way, and even if I didn't, I'm sorry you're in a bad place.

And I just wanna say Blind, you're honestly not my number one favorite person on the forum, but you're up there. I like hanging out with you. You're a really nice person. But I hope you have fun this week, and feel a lot better

Byesies Blind Buddy :3
Back to top Go down
Happyhobbit

Happyhobbit

PostSubject: Re: Taking the week to be alone   Taking the week to be alone I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:33 am

Aww I really will miss you, though I can't say I have known you very long. But who knows? Some time for yourself might make you feel better, and I hope things do for you. I'll be praying for you, buddy.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Taking the week to be alone   Taking the week to be alone I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 1:41 am

I'm back, and ahead of schedule! I must say, that's exactly what I needed ^.^

Thank you everypony for the kind words, It really does mean a lot to me to hear people out there really do like me. Asha, don't worry. I can respect the fact that I won't be #1 for everyone, and I recognize that I can't win everyone over. Acacia, I bet you're right. And Happyhobbit, thank you for the kind words ^.^
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: Taking the week to be alone   Taking the week to be alone I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:25 pm

All I can say is this: Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking the week to be alone   Taking the week to be alone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking the week to be alone
Page 1 of 1