My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Simple Beach Trip

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Callilian

Callilian

A Simple Beach Trip Empty
PostSubject: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 10:03 am

A few ponies cast strange looks at the mare approaching the beach, but not as many as when she had first arrived. Canterlot had gotten used to Amina Abbasi... Well, most of Canterlot. The pink Saddle Arabian had pulled off her intricate saddle and headpiece, donning a simple towel where the large blanket usually sat. She, unlike most others on this hot, hot day, sat without an umbrella, folding the blanket underneath her as she sat and soaked up the sunrays.

She didn't know what these ponies were talking about. It wasn't hot at all, compared to the deserts of Arabia, and there was water. She wasn't going to get wet quite yet, but this was the first time she had ever been to a place with both sand and a large expanse of water. It was a nice feeling.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Ruby Shine glanced up from where she lay, under an umbrella. The sun's rays were absolutely devastating today, but she'd promised herself she would get some much-needed time to herself, before the next party began. After all, it wasn't for a few days, and she had plenty of time to hammer out a new set of earrings and a matching necklace, to go with the dress she had her eye on in the shop on the corner of her street.

But she'd never gotten the chance to meet one of the Saddle Arabians. Not yet, anyway. That could be a whole other realm of buyers. She stood, gathering her saddlebag and towel and flipping them over her body, placing her umbrella in the saddlebag so she would still be protected from the sun. She flipped her mane of orange curls, currently tied in a graceful ponytail that waterfalled over her shoulder, shaking the sand out of her hair.

Then she walked delicately over to the Saddle Arabian, clearing her throat lightly. "Um, I couldn't help but notice.... but you are a Saddle Arabian, are you not?"
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Amina watched the mare approach, shifting to greet her as she walked closer.

"Zat I am," she said cheerfully. "My name is Amina Abbasi, official Delegate of Saddle Arabia and member of ze Royal Court of Brincess Amira. It is very nice to meet you, Miss...?"

She liked ponies who came up just to say hello. It proved that not all of Equestria was full of snooty, arrogant mares and stallions, and she loved making new friends.

She would miss this country when she went home. It was so pretty, and it was only a matter of time before she had to go. Hiding the sorrow, she smiled at the mare.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Ruby Shine bowed respectfully then. A delegate to the kingdom! This was more than fantastic! She got out of her bow, trying to contain her excitement. "My name is Ruby Shine, Miss Abbasi." She said to the elegant pony. "I've never met a delegate before, so pardon if I'm not exactly familiar with your customs."

She laid her blanket down a respectable distance from Amina's, moving her umbrella into the sand to shade herself. "So, may I ask, what business brought you to our fair city here?" She asked politely.
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Amina smiled, staring out into the ocean and its undulating waves.

"Ah, zis is your capital, is it not?" she asked. "I am staying in ze palace wiz ze leaders of your kingdom. Equestria is a lovely place, Miss Shine, and your rulers have been ever so kind as to offer me a place in zeir home. I was sent here to study ze lives of ze Equestrians and Crystals after ze fantastic experience ze former delegates had."

She closed her eyes and soaked up the sun, basking in its warming glow and enjoying her stay. My, was it a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Ruby Shine smiled softly, also glancing up at the sky. "It is beautiful, isn't it? I've lived here most of my life. I make jewelry for some of the high-brow ponies here." She stretched a hoof forward, showing off the gold bracelet she'd made just days ago.

Ruby nodded. " And Canterlot is our capitol, yes. And a fabulous one at that." She gave the mare a shy smile. "It must be an honor to stay at the castle though."
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:39 am

"It is very lovely," Amina noted politely, gesturing to the bracelet. "You certainly have nimble hooves to make such a pretty work of art." 

The blanket moved a little under her, and she chuckled for a moment, reaching under and extracting a beautiful, jewel-purple snake from her hiding spot.

"Nadira, what did I say about hiding under ponies?" she asked in Arabic. "You could scare somepony like that, little one."

Reverting back to Equestrian, she looked apologetically at Ruby. "Zis is Nadira, my companion since I was a little foal. I hope she is welcome in your company. Most bonies are... A bit scared of ze viper."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Ruby started at first, simply because she assumed the snake was a wild animal. But as the jewel color shone in her eyes, they widened to large proportions. "She's beautiful." Ruby stated, staring at the snake. "Of course she is welcome!"

She still watched the snake. The pure gorgeousness of it was dazzling. And with her obsession over things that shined and glimmered.... She very much so wanted to get one of her own now.

She shook her head, pulling back in her hoof. Focus Ruby, focus. She was supposed to be here on business. "I would love to offer you some of my work, free of charge. All I'd ask is that you would wear it in your own country. I've never been able to visit there myself, and I would love to branch out..." She smiled shyly. It was a lot to ask, of a dignitary. But she hoped, by offering them for free...
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Amina's eyes widened considerably.

"Miss Shine, free of charge is a bit to lose for such lovely pieces of art, and I am not short on bits here in Equestria." She chuckled. "Of course I will come to your shop and see your works. Certainly, I will take some back as a gift to M'Lady. I am certain she will love the present."

The mare stood and put her saddle back on, letting Nadira slip under the heavy, ornate blanket as she refastened her headpiece over her head. The metalwork on the silk and satin rustled a little as she moved, jangling like keys on a belt. She blew her mane out of her face as she rolled up her towel and tucked it into a saddlebag.

"I shall return to ze beach afterwards. I have plenty of time to do so, and zis is not somezing I'd be keen on missing."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 am

Ruby Shine shot up, but not too excitedly she hoped. She still had to act like a proper Canterlot Lady. "Well, of course! I didn't mean them free on the fact that you might not have bits." She smiled as she rolled up her blanket, and placed it into her tiny, jewel-covered saddlebag. Then she turned back to the gorgeous Saddle Arabian. "I just... Really want to get my name out to as many places as I can. And it would an honor to have your Lady wear them."

She began trotting towards the edge of the beach, waiting for the Saddle Arabian out of the sand.
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Amina chuckled at the misunderstanding, but she supposed it was all the better that the mare didn't know that Amina's mistress was the Princess of Saddle Arabia. She worried that Miss Ruby would react a little too well if she shared the information now, and Amina wanted this to be quiet.

"Of course. Everybony wants to get zeir name out zere in zis world, Miss Ruby. It was kind enough in the first place for you to offer your works for free. Most bonies would just shove it in my muzzle and demand zat I buy it. I do worry, however, zat Saddle Arabia is not where you wish to have your name spoken. 'Tis rather far from Equestria."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Ruby's eyes glinted as she trotted along the street towards her modest -by Canterlot standards- apartment. "I know. But... I would love to travel there. If only until I found a pony to sell my things. I could send them by caravan..." She could see it now, caught up in the fantasy as she was. A swaying caravan of various things, her jewels front most.

Then she was at her home, and opened the door for the Arabian. "I always try to be polite with my customers. After all, being pushy only drives ponies away. You catch more Parasprites with music then force."
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:50 pm

"Very wise of you," Amina said, nodding. "After all, had you been pushy wiz me, I do not believe I would be her right now."

The first thought she had when she walked inside was "home." A small gasp slid out of her muzzle as she stared at the apartment.

"Zis looks very much like my home, Miss Shine. Of course, mine was much smaller zan yours, but... Ah. Yes, you could sell your art to zose of Manecca. Zere are plenty who sink zat beauty such as zis should be flaunted."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Ruby smiled, gazing around at the jewelry she had resting on mannequins all over the apartment. Things being tried. Things being worked on. Things she was modeling around at parties, trying to get ponies to buy. And, in the corner of the room, the door to her workshop left open, revealing the most beautiful pieces on the walls, her anvil and tools in the center, and ores inside locked glass cases on the floor.

"In here," She said, gesturing to the workroom, "Are my best things." She pushed the door open wider, and glanced around the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Beach Trip   A Simple Beach Trip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Simple Beach Trip
Page 1 of 1