My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aurora the unicorn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Venellian

Aurora the unicorn  Empty
PostSubject: Aurora the unicorn    Aurora the unicorn  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 5:49 am

Aurora the unicorn  Aurora11
(hat not included in the picture, but it's a black fedora with a white band)
Species: Unicorn
Mane: short, black & white, ragged.
Tail: to the ground, black & white
Eyes: grey irises.
Body: About average.
Cutie Mark: thin triangle gradients emanating from a centre point, unfortunately, this is the same colour as her fur, so she appears to be a blank flank.
Age (Baby,adult): Filly (see history)
Personality: Knowing what has happened to everyone she was closest to she is never going to meet again (see history), she is rather reserved, fearing that if anyone were to know about her, that they would take her back, or would take her away from her caravan, the only place where she has really felt at home.
Likes: Magic and her parents. (again, see the history). Of course, the thing that Aurora loves the most are the performances, being up on stage and having a show for everypony to enjoy, especially because she makes more of a performance than the audience believes (history once more).
Dislikes: Aurora does not like it when anypony fights, nor having to deal with being too close to others. Nopony is perfect, but you don't see the imperfections from a distance; it's only when you get close that you can see what's wrong with anything. The way they speak, or maybe breathe too hard. Perfection in her magic has been an important part of her for almost as long as she can remember, and while the other ponies are far away (like in the audience), they don't notice the imperfections, but when they come close, they begin to ask questions as to just why they act as they do, or why they aren't really there. The fear of being found out, and whatever might happen, keeps Aurora from being too close with anyone.

History: Born under a moonlit sky in Canterlot, Aurora's parents never were that great for one another, but they both loved their daughter. Her father was a unicorn of some renown, with a white coat, but would travel the road, and saw nothing wrong with taking Aurora to be raised on the road as he travelled from town to town, earning a living by making ponies laugh, cry, and remember the characters upon the stage. Her mother, however, was a jet-black earth pony who just wanted a simple life without having to travel around, and only eventually (after Aurora was old enough to have memories) finally went along and joined along on the road.

For a couple of years, the three of them went along well enough, with the mother actually enjoying herself on the shows, and Aurora wearing an old hat of her father's (one he got from a unicorn whose name that Aurora could not remember), using it to collect any and all donations the pony-folk would give them.

As the years passed, Aurora practiced her magic with her father, keeping it a secret from her mother (who didn't want Aurora to learn magic at such a young age). Eventually learning how to create, and control, minor illusions, which leads right into one of the most memorable days of her life.

After a show that did particularly poorly, with only one pony in the audience, he came up to Aurora and her father while her mother was taking a nap. As it turned out, during the show, he was watching the filly try out her magic, creating fake, little, monsters and playing with them, and offered to take her under his wing, so to speak, just for the afternoon. Looking to her father for advice, he agreed, and thus changed Aurora's life forever.

Fast forward to many years later: Aurora has been training under "Phillup" as he preferred to be called, and has gotten a fair hang on her illusionary magical prowess, and this has been the most important day of her life. The day when she met her parents again. After not seeing them for years, she had a chance to talk to her father, who was still going about his life and preforming in various towns.

As the two of us enjoy our tea in the foyer, Phillup walks up to us, wearing a saddlebag with a scroll sticking out of it, a new spell to learn? "Well, Aurora, I have to admit that I haven't been entirely truthful over the years." I tilt my head to the side, setting the tea cup back onto the table before he continues, "For starters, as you've already guessed, my name isn't really Phillup. I am Azmid the Amazing."
I blink, not knowing who that is, "Okay?" I ask. Unsure of if I should respond with a bit more, I take another sip of tea, "He's the one who gave me that hat." my father tells me, and I nearly choke.
"But those stories!" I look back and forth between the two of them, seeing the hat off of the top of my vision, seeing if they might be joking or not. They're not. "That- that means that you're..." I look over at Phi- Azmid, and he nods. "Over three-hundred years old. That's right." I drop my tea cup, "And I think that it's time for me to show you my most powerful magic, but first, it's time to pay up."
"I. Told. You. I'll. Do. It." My father tells him through gritted teeth, and I still don't know what's going on, "Very well, come with me, then." Getting off of the other couch, my father follows Azmid to another room, leaving me to wait in here for them to come back, after whatever 'payment' that might have to come of it.
Only after about a half hour, Azmid comes back, alone. "Wh-where is he? Where's my dad?" I ask him,  standing up now, just mere inches shorter than he is. "Now, now my child, it's time to see just how practiced you are." He blasts me with a spell, and when the blast is gone, everything is bigger, the hat fitting all around my hat just like it did when I was just a filly. "What did you do!?" I yell at him, my voice again higher than it was before, "What did you do!" but he just smiles, leading me to look around myself before I finally see; he turned me back into a filly with some of the most powerful magic I've ever heard of: age magic. "Change me back!" I command him as best I can, jumping onto the table so we're again face to face.
Instead, he reaches into his bag and pulls out his scroll, unfolding a basic age magic spell in front of me, "If you can do thith, then you can change back. And you can have your parents back."
So I tried. I've spent years doing almost nothing except for magic, but I can't do it. I try it again, letting out a bit of light, but not much more. I try it again, and again, but finally I just have to admit, "I can't do it."
"Very well." he tells me, furling the scroll back up and tucking it back into his saddlebag, "then your parents will simply stay here until you're finally able to, now come on."

I have never been so terrified in my life as right then.

Doing the only thing that I could think of, I spun around, knocking the teapot onto him, distracting him as I ran out of the room, never to return.

Aurora never came back, has not since seen Azmid, or her parents. Taking what she has learned from her father, and from Azmid, she has taken up her father's 'job' of travelling, keeping her horn under her hat while she uses it, not to create monsters, but to move the caravan and to create real-looking ponies for the shows, and that's what the ponies of the lands know; that there is an unknown number of ponies in the moving caravan for the shows, including a unicorn stallion with a white coat, and a mare with a black coat, two very kind parental figures for young Aurora.

Example RP segment: One recent time rings clearly in Aurora's mind. During a month-long stay in Appleoosa in order to stock up and for some much needed rest, the caravan was being kept just outside of the town as Aurora was making regular trips inside, and constantly meeting with a young colt, spending the evenings together talking while they watched the sun set. One evening, however, after a couple of weeks of this, without any warning, he kissed her cheek. When she finally stopped blushing a full five minutes later, she was already in the caravan and leaving town, having ran away without a word, and has not come back to Appleoosa since, now heading along to her home town of Canterlot, but only after first making a stop in a lovely-sounding town of Ponyville.

Acceptance

Last edited by Venellian on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Aurora the unicorn    Aurora the unicorn  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:01 pm

The app looks pretty good. Just add a little more to likes, dislikes, and personality, please
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Aurora the unicorn    Aurora the unicorn  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:53 pm

This app is APPROVILICIOUS!

Or Approved, as you youngin's say... *shakes cane*
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Aurora the unicorn    Aurora the unicorn  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:10 pm

WAIT!

I apologize, but the app needs to be redone a tad. There was mention of a 300 year old Unicorn, which breaks one of the rules (Can't remember which one and not bothering to look. Having a bad day.)

So, put that pony at a reasonable age and you'll be properly approved
Back to top Go down
Jenny!

Jenny!

PostSubject: Re: Aurora the unicorn    Aurora the unicorn  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:57 am

There has already been an Aurora? Hello?
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: Aurora the unicorn    Aurora the unicorn  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:40 pm

I think it's alright, Aurora, as long as this Aurora doesn't look the same.

Last edited by Callilian on Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenny!

Jenny!

PostSubject: Re: Aurora the unicorn    Aurora the unicorn  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 4:11 am

Ah. (Awesome name!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aurora the unicorn    Aurora the unicorn  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aurora the unicorn
Page 1 of 1