My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Serious Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wild Card

Wild Card

A Serious Discussion Empty
PostSubject: A Serious Discussion   A Serious Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:17 am

I know we're all sick and tired of our recent events of a huge debate stemming from the new layout, but I believe things aren't fully resolved. There are still issues to be discussed and grudges to be fixed.

I want to start off in saying that permanently banning Weedo was a step a bit too far. He was just about to come back and apologize and forgive and forget and all that. His arguments were valid, and he was punished for it. He was also given the emails that you guys said he "lied about." He was admitting that he was wrong in who did it. That it was an honest mistake, and in his state, he would believe anything thrown at him. However, 1nc pretty much dismissed a serious matter that put loads of stress on everyone, even people who weren't here to witness such events. But we treat that like an everyday mistake.

I understand that he later treated it with some attention, but for the most part, things were ignored, and Weedo was banned. I'll admit, the problem was resolved in a way, but not the best way. I can see why you would do it. You were all probably cautious or were just tired of arguing. But it wasn't like much attention was given anyway.

I also have evidence of 1nc's statements when Intel and I first explained the situation to him. It started out as a civil debate between people on the new design. Then things were escalated when people were caught in sour moods while arguing the matter. With that, things probably would have died down. But the way 1nc treated it was the true problem. He pushed the blame onto me and others, even though he went ahead and changed the design of the forum without a public announcement and dismissed the fact that we argued viciously about it. And his excuse for it might be the "Pretty Up the Forum" announcement. But that is clearly not valid. There were no recent posts of his explaining the most recent change, or that it would be permanent or temporary.

I still believe matters are to be discussed. And to put it bluntly, 1nc should have some form of punishment, as where Weedo should be forgiven. He was having just as much stress as all of us. And saying that I'm using drama for pleasure in this is very invalid. Ask Amber. I was crying my eyes out that I would lose the people I loved most on here because of this. Which led to a pounding headache. You think I'd enjoy that?

And one more thing, I've spoken with others. Morale is seriously dropping because of this. Before you know it, the forum might be dead. This isn't to be used as blackmail. I love this place. But I recommend some changes in management
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: A Serious Discussion   A Serious Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 8:32 am

Just for starters, I'll say this. From everyone who's told me about the goings on I missed and what basic information I've managed to scrape together form the various posts in announcements and debates about it, I think personally that everyone has their own reasons to be mad and to have done what they have done. The actions are all justified depending on what you want to think, but still all have their faults. However, we are honestly going about this like bucking 5 year olds, arguing constantly and all that fun, fun stuff. Sarcasm.

Maybe now would be the time to finally get everyone who wants a say on board and have a normal discussion without pushing the blame around, and maybe just listening to everyone's reasons and get this resolved soon as possible so that things can go back to normal without anger and general unrest hanging about.

Please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any of my facts or statements, and I will make edits as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: A Serious Discussion   A Serious Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:15 pm

From what I have seen the only thing 1nc is guilty of is poor choice of words when dealing with Brawny. That situation has not yet been fully resolved as the one with Weedo had to be handled first. We still have yet to address what will be done between 1nc and Brawny.

As for the forum appearence, nothing is being done in reguards to that because in the past there never has been a procedure. Even so we have had topics in the past asking for suggestions. These topics never got anywhere because there was not enough agreement on anything. Just like it has happened in the past, we have plugged and played with different themes for the forum. On this occasion people didnt like it and things got ugly. Clearly it won't be done this way anymore but I don't see how any punishment can be enforced based on following our previous methods that have worked fine before.

As for Weedo I can understand your sympathies, but based on the text logs I have had with him trying to sort out and be sympathetic with him (as i was with you Brawny), I kept getting very inconsistent information. And after trying to get the truth and workable facts out of him for so long the last straw was when another member whom I know is trustworthy said that he was saying threats were being made by 1nc if Weedo didn't leave. It had been over two days at this point since things happen and while we all agreed to wait until things calmed down to sort things out and take action, it was clear this was getting worse.

I understand he may be sorry now, but the facts still stand that there was evidence being fabricated that defaced another member at the benefit of their own and ultimately would lead to a very destructive result on the forum.

Believe me when i say this. I am sorry for Weedo. I really am. But this is some very serious stuff. Utmost care was taken in considering this decision. In regards to the whole issue this is not our final act as there is still 1nc and Brawny to address but for now this is what we have done for the sake of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: A Serious Discussion   A Serious Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:25 pm

To help clarify some of the convos that happened, I will share them here.

http://pastebin.com/y2iCFgHu

http://pastebin.com/MfPMGEFW

This next one was between another member and Weedo who is not being named for their sake at this time.

http://pastebin.com/siqf4Hze

I also have a partial convo copy shifting the email blame onto yet another member of the forum but it is incomplete and not very usable in its current state. If i get a copy of it that is workable then i will share it but otherwise not good enough to submit.
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

PostSubject: Re: A Serious Discussion   A Serious Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:17 pm

To Brawny Hooves,

I am eager to offer an apology so that you and I may maintain a valuable friendship on as well as off of the site. It is said that the best-laid plans of mice and men go oft' awry, and when they do, it is regrettably much easier to retaliate with hostility than it is to negotiate. That being said, I want you to know that I have limitless respect for you and honestly believe that you are, at the end of the day, as important to the forum as anypony else. You've pointed out in the past that our community is very precious to you, and I hope you'll take my word for it when I say that I cherish and reciprocate those sentiments. ^^

I'm sure that you are as interested in a resolution as we are. You're a good guy, after all.

1nc
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: A Serious Discussion   A Serious Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:28 pm

To 1ncnspcuous,

I will admit, I'm still not exactly thrilled about how we handled this, but I think I'll be able to look past it. Especially now that I can see 1nc's apology for myself. It is true, this place is very dear to me. You are all like my family, and this forum is my home. I'd hate to see this place go up in flames. 1nc, I accept your apology, and I should give you one in return. I'm sorry for keeping the arguments going, I'm sorry for being a main cause of this, and I'm sorry to everyone for ruining your days with this fight.

I love you all. You're all my greatest friends. If there was ever a problem I had, someone here solved it. If there was someone I needed to look to, they were right here. If there was someone who would do me a favor, I found them on MLP-FIM-OC-RP. Again 1nc, I accept the apology, and I'm hoping this could be left in the past. I see what arguing does and will keep doing to us. So I'm going to help the situation and try and put this in the past.

Brawny "Bucking" Hooves, Brawn Brawn, Brooves, Fatty Hooves, Tyrant Brawny, Bad Luck Brawny, Brawnina.
(Those are all of my nicknames/Names given to me by you guys)
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: A Serious Discussion   A Serious Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:45 pm

I want to let you all know I am really happy we could get to this. We all knew it could get worse and there were many many troubles and double edged swords along the way. All in all, there was no real way to win completely and happily, but we have at least come together where we are right now and are embracing eachother despite our differences.

Its funny that we all say 'love and tolerate' all the time, but its something else when we are tested to use it. To be able to realize that we are all human beings and all just want to be happy here on the forum. Lets not forget that and focus on moving forward. Thank you guys. I'm sorry for the pain that has happened and anyone that we lost, but we have to draw a line and move on or risk everything.

With the events that have happened here, there will surely be changes to help prevent and lessen these kinds of situations in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Serious Discussion   A Serious Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Serious Discussion
Page 1 of 1