My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arrival {Open for all!}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Arrival {Open for all!} Empty
PostSubject: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:03 am

~~OC: Covin Si'hal (w/ NPC Odin Tru'kal)~~

((As it seems that doing so would make this easier to read and comprehend, Covin's speech will be colored green and Odin's speech will be colored brown))

After waiting for a few moments for the small crowd of ponies to thin out, Covin himself stepped out of the train. He stepped away from the large vehicle and looked around the train station.

"Hm...I suppose we shall head this way, then."

Odin, following close behind his master, did not respond to the comment, but Covin knew that he silently acknowledged the statement. The Earth Pony proceeded to walk towards one of the platform's main exits once he had said this, quite anxious to lay his eyes on the capitol of Equestria. The two ponies were quickly able to exit the area and enter Canterlot's main street, at which point the leader of the duo stopped for a moment, taking in the sights, sounds and smells around him.

"Wow... This is Canterlot, the capitol of the nation known as Equestria. It is quite remarkable, isn't it, Odin?"

"Indeed so, sir."

A few more moments of awe-filled observation and the two ponies proceeded to walk towards the royal castle that was situated in the city: their destination for the past week of travel. Everywhere he looked, Covin could see new sights and events just waiting to be experienced, just as curious and excited as he always was to be in a new place. He fit in rather well too, besides his relatively overexcited nature as compared to the other denizens of the city. His body was as well-maintained as always, and his apparel also fit into his surroundings, as he was wearing the Ehsian royal ambassador's robes: designed to have an elegant beauty to them, and yet seem to be quite simplistic in nature, mostly colored with various shades of brown and green, the colors of the Earth that the stallion's culture respected so. His servant, Odin, provided a fair amount of contrast to this, wearing nothing but a simple black cloak, not a shade of color on it aside from the royal Ehsian insignia found on the area where the piece of apparel covered the pony's flank.

The duo continued their trek towards Canterlot's royal castle, but, on their way there, Covin stopped once again, his servant mimicking his movements. The stallion stood there in silence for a second, and then spoke to his companion.

"Odin, when are we expected to be at the castle?"

"This evening, sir, though it is better that we arrive early, rather than late."

The stallion nodded, and then looked up at the sun. "It is only noon..." Covin turned to face Odin. "And that means that there is time yet for us to explore the magnificent streets that this city holds!" He smiled at his companion, implying a question of approval.

The other pony stared at him for a second, and then gave an exasperated sigh. "I would not be able to talk you out of it regardless. Very well, but no longer than three hours."

"Wonderful!"
Back to top Go down
http://mlp-foe-oc-rp.forumotion.com/
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Star trotted through town, her saddle bag full to the brim with new supplies. She saw a rather odd pony wandering the streets with what seemed to be a servant of some sorts. They actually fit in quite well, but Star could only tell they were strangers because of her keen eye and the experiment she had done on the citizens of Canterlot.
She shrugged and continued on towards her apartment.

Belle strolled happily through the streets of Canterlot without purpose and without the usual
drool-y stares she got. Mostly due to the fact she was wearing a cloak, its purpose, to hide her face, and the rest of her.
Back to top Go down
http://one-piece-oc-rp.forumotion.com
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:15 am

"Wonderful!"

Happy to have his companion agree to his request (to an extent), Covin turned around once again, looking around at the various stores and restaurants and what have you ((love that phrase, had to use it)) once again. The only problem was that he had no idea where to begin. Every time the stallion made up his mind, he quickly changed his plans when he saw the next interesting place or person.

"Sir, perhaps you would like to ask a local for assistance?"

"Ah, a wonderful idea!"

With that suggestion, Covin pinpointed a random pony that was heading his way and approached them. He could not immediately tell what gender they were because of a cloak that covered the majority of their body, though he guessed that it was a mare simply from their build. The fact that the pony was wearing such a dull piece of apparel within such a remarkable city and around such elegant ponies was somewhat strange to him, but, regardless, he spoke to the *mare* once he came near.

Having been speaking Ehsian when he had been conversing with his companion, the stallion switched to Equestrian, a language which he had learned to speak quite fluently because of how universally accepted it was. He spoke with a slight, barely noticeable accent, but aside from that he was able to speak the language just as well as any local of the nation. For the most part.

"Excuse me..." ...I don't believe there's a word like that to be found in the Equestrian language... Covin shook his head, and resumed speaking to the pony. "Would you happen to have any advice on what to do in this city for a visiting..."

"Tourist, sir."

"Yes, tourist. For a visiting tourist?"
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:52 am

Belle whipped her head around at the sound of a voice, but turned it away when he saw it was a stallion. He was asking for things to do. he had a slight accent and seemed to trail off a few times.

"Um, well, there're lots of things to do around here. Such as shows to see, and places to go. Why don't you start by telling me your name? I'm, erm, Angela." she said quickly, coming up with a random name.

She glanced around, hoping nopony had noticed her besides this one and his, assistant? Belle wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:08 am

"Um, well, there're lots of things to do around here, such as shows to see, and places to go. Why don't you start by telling me your name? I'm, erm, Angela."

Covin nodded once, bowing and lifting one hoof slightly when he did so simply from instinct, but stopping himself before he could even begin to carry out whatever motion he had attempted to do. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Angela. My name is Covin. Covin Si'hal. And are there any specific...activities, or places of interest that you would suggest?"

As Covin spoke, Odin, standing only one or two steps behind and to the side of the stallion, took the time to observe the mare, looking her up and down with various thoughts running through his head. The cloak was already a fairly suspicious thing to wear in a city where ponies were said to wear gowns of fine silk and suits of rich cotton. A large variety of small weapons could be hidden in various places while wearing such an article of clothing. It was why he himself was also wearing a similar piece of apparel, to hide a good number of weapons on his pony in case danger presented itself.

The mare was also shifting her eyes around constantly, which was also somewhat suspicious. If she was afraid of being noticed, then she could possibly be the type of pony that would do harm to his master. There were various reasons why this mare could have been acting the way she was and wearing what she had on, but Odin's mind was instantly calculating and preparing for the worst situations that could possibly arise at that moment.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:24 am

She nodded at the stallion, "nice to meet you Covin Si'hal. And I would suggest starting here, on the Main Street, there's a multitude of shops and cinemas just waiting to be entered." she glanced worriedly at Covin's assistant, who was watching her. But she didn't mind much, merely shifted her gaze about the street.

Her frantic eyes caught sight of a group of ponies staring at her, and she turned quickly, hiding her face.

"Um, I could show you I suppose." she suggested quietly.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:00 pm

"Nice to meet you, Covin Si'hal. And I would suggest starting here, on the Main Street, there's a multitude of shops and cinemas just waiting to be entered."

Something in another part of the street behind him seemed to catch the mare's eye for a few seconds, but she quickly shifted her gaze away, apparently...nervous, would be the best term to use to describe her expression.

"Um, I could show you, I suppose."

Covin nodded once, a smile quickly appearing on his face. "That would be wonderful, if you could spare the time!"
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 pm

"Time? I have plenty food time." she stated, glancing around, "follow me!"

She motioned for Covin to walk with her as she headed away towards the street. She tried to walk slowly as she weaves between the crowd. She checked behind her often to make sure the stallion was still there.

She made her way to the edge of the road, towards where the shops were. She stopped and glanced behind her before opening the door of a small cafe.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:11 am

"Time? I have plenty food time. Follow me!"

Food time? Covin was about to ask what the mare meant by this, but before he could she was already turning to leave. The stallion dismissed the forecoming question from his mind, and simply followed after the mare without a word. She in turn led him and Odin through the Main Street of Canterlot, going through a fairly large number of crowds of ponies on their way to whatever target destination she had in mind.

Although Covin paid it no mind, Odin became somewhat stressed whenever they went through a new cluster of people. Many bad things could happen in a crowd. Bad things that could happen without anyone's noticing, and he did not want his master to be subject to any such unwelcome incidents. However, as was expected, the three ponies were able to reach a small café within a short amount of time.

The mare stopped in front of the doorway to the small establishment, and Odin took the few moments of lack of movement to observe the ponies and area within. The pony leading them, after a few more still fairly suspicious glances, entered the building, with Covin following close behind before Odin stopped him by putting a hoof on his shoulder.

"Sir, I will be waiting outside."

Covin simply nodded, and proceeded into the café, leaving his servant at the doorway of the building. The stallion looked around the area within as he entered, marveling at the unique design and look of the interior of the establishment, one which most locals would likely find to be mundane or simplistic.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:30 pm

((Ack! I'm using my phone, I meant to right 'of time' but autocorrect had different plans.))

Belle strolled up to the counter, trying not to lift her hood, she ordered a small latte and biscuits. Turning to Covin, she asked, "what would you like?" she noticed his servant wasn't with them, but didn't bother pointing it out.

((Sorry for the short post. Bit busy right now))
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:05 am

"What would you like?"

Covin thought about the mare's question for a few moments, not immediately knowing how to answer. He had learned a fair amount of information on Canterlot before he had arrived, but the stallion wasn't fully sure of what ponies ate there. Is the cuisine here, and in Equestria in general, the same as in my Homeland, or is it completely different...?

"Um... I don't know.... What would you suggest?"
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:52 pm

"I would suggest tea and cookies, for starters. Or a sandwich, depending on your preferences." she said quickly, glancing about the small shop. The attendant returned with her order and waited for Covin to place his. Belle shuffled her feet anxiously.

((Sorry it's so short, I'm kinda busy ^.^))
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:42 pm

((Thank you kindly for le patience))

"I would suggest tea and cookies, for starters. Or a sandwich, depending on your preferences."

"Well then I suppose I will take your first suggestion. Tea and cookies, please."
He nodded to the attendant once and then shifted his gaze back to the mare sitting across from him, seeing her glance around once again. With a slightly worried but mostly just inquiring tone of voice, he spoke. "Excuse me, but may I ask if something is worrying you?"
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:08 pm

"What?" she asked, rather startled. "Uh, no. Nothing at all." she kept her gaze firmly on the table, sipping her latte nervously, "um, where do you come from Covin? You don't look like you're from around here." she asked, trying to change the subject. Subconsciously, she checked the watch she wore around here wrist. Half past 11, what time do I have to be there again? she asked herself, biting her lip.

She absently brushed her cloak, trying to keep it on. She didn't need ponies here to see what she was wearing. It was a special design, one by her friend in Ponyville, and she was wearing it for a special occasion. Well, to her it wasn't special. But to many, having Belle do a photo shoot was a very exciting thing. 'Angela' didn't have anywhere to go, but Belle had to be at 'Mimi's' this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 10:08 am

"What?" The question seemed to have startled her, which Covin thought was somewhat unusual in itself. "Uh, no. Nothing at all. Um, where do you come from Covin? You don't look like you're from around here."

Covin simply watched the mare for a few moments, somewhat curious as to why she was behaving so strangely but ultimately deciding that it wouldn't be right for him to pry. Smile never fading, the Earth Pony answered her question after a few seconds of silence.

"Indeed I am not. I have recently come to Equestria from Ehsia, my homeland."
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:17 pm

His statement immediately peaked Belle's interest, and her eyes snapped up.

"Ehsia?" she muttered, "I've heard of it. I've always wanted to go there! Oh how many stories I could write about it!" she said, delighted, "What's it like?" Placing her elbows on the table, she rested her head on her hooves, her eyes filled with interest and her expression hopeful.

Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 pm

"Ehsia? I've heard of it. I've always wanted to go there! Oh how many stories I could write about it! What's it like?"

Covin's smile quickly widened when the mare expressed her interest in his homeland, her fascination easily amusing him. Mentally taking note of her comment on writing, the stallion took a few seconds to think of what to say and then responded to the other pony's question.

"It is...different from Equestria, though not terribly so. There, larger cities such as Equestria's Manehattan and Las Pegasus are...non-existant, for people lead simpler lives. Farming is a central part of many pony's lives, traditional music and dance are very popular, and technology is kept...straightforward. People work for what they have, help each other when they can, and do what they can to help their home country. Foreigners are rare, as we have not stayed in touch with the outside world too much until recently, but our.....citizens, I suppose, are quite friendly to new arrivals. It is quite nice in my opinion, though you would have to visit Ehsia to know more about it, as it is hard to describe what makes it unique."
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:06 pm

"Oh it sounds wonderful!" Belle exclaimed, a wide smile spreading on her angelic face, "It must be beautiful, what about the landscape? Is it flat, are there mountains, sparkling lakes, ooh! Lush green forests?" she asked in a flurry, accidentally slipping in descriptive words. She was mentally taking note of everything he said, hoping to write something about Ehsia later.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:05 am

Her fascination not fading in the slightest from her voice, the mare spoke again in a flurry right after Covin finished his description of his homeland. "Oh it sounds wonderful! It must be beautiful, what about the landscape? Is it flat, are there mountains, sparkling lakes, ooh! Lush green forests?"

She must not be one to travel often... "All of what you said, and more. The landscape of Ehsia in my opinion is one of its most unique and beautiful features. Its inhabitants greatly respect the land, and take care of it when they can. Large forests can be seen growing full force whenever you look in the distance, no matter where you are. Grasslands and plains provide a home for a number of different animals that live there, tremendous mountains rise up throughout the land, tipped with powdery snow and unharmed by the mines that other people seem to be fond of. It really is quite amazing."
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Belle sighed, "Wow. I wish I could go there." she pouted, looking down at the table. "Who rules Ehsia?" she asked suddenly, looking up again.

As an author, Belle traveled to many places, but one of the few places she hadn't been was Ehsia. How she wished she could go there and write about its scenery, the people, maybe even the ruler. Perhaps she could create a story about it, maybe an uprising happened in a far off town, maybe the capitol was taken down by revolutionaries...Belle blinked, I'm getting ahead of myself.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:59 pm

"Wow. I wish I could go there... Who rules Ehsia?"

A strange question. "In Ehsia, unlike here, a king rules the lands, with the help of a queen. The current king is King Torin, who has been ruling for the past..." He paused to think for a second. "23 years now, if I remember correctly."

In Ehsia, end names were passed on from generation to generation, and so Covin didn't say the end name of the king, as that would inform this mare of who he was and quite easily anger Odin. The stallion had never shared is bodyguard's overdone worry for security, but he could at least follow one of the pony's suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:08 pm

"Fascinating." Belle grinned, "You're so lucky."

"So if you're from Ehsia, why are you here in Equestria?" she asked curiously, finishing her cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:12 am

"Fascinating. You're so lucky," the mare said with a grin.

Covin simply replied with his own grin.

"So if you're from Ehsia, why are you here in Equestria?"

Covin shrugged. "Just seeing the world, I suppose." True, just not the whole truth. "And I would assume that you were born here, so may I ask what it is like living in this land? An hour's experience in Equestria is not much to go on."
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 6:54 pm

"Well it usually depends what city you go to. Up her in Canterlot, most of the ponies are somewhat rich and snobby. Though there are a few who aren't. The royal guard is here too, along with the Princesses, obviously. Down in Ponyville, the ponies are very nice and accepting. They're really helpful too, but there's also the Everfree Forest. It's supposedly quite dangerous, but I beg to differ. Been there a few times myself, it's not that bad.

Then of course there's Manehatten, all the snobs live there. Seriously, basically everypony there is rich, rude and proud of it. My family lives there, so I guess I shouldn't be saying that about them. Appleloosa is really nice, very westerny, but it's beautiful out there. No buildings or mountains blocking out the sunrise, just a small town." Belle finished with a grin, "I want to travel so badly. Zebrica, Ehsia, Nieghland, all those great places. The stories I could write about them." she sighed longingly, a dazed look in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:30 am

((I believe it's "Zafrica"))

"...but it's beautiful out there. No buildings or mountains blocking out the sunrise, just a small town. I want to travel so badly. Zebrica, Ehsia, Nieghland, all those great places. The stories I could write about them."

Covin listened to the mare as she talked, nodding throughout her explanation of Equestria's cultural environment. When she finished, the stallion stayed silent for a second or two more in order to take all of this information in, and then responded.

"I see. It seems that Equestria is very...variated ((diverse)) throughout its various parts. Ehsia tends to stay relatively similar no matter where you go, the only things really changing being the natural environment and the slight differences that the various towns and settlements...exhibit." Covin paused for a second, and then spoke again. "So are you a writer? You have commented a number of times on writing about the world, which leads me to...assume, that you create literature in some form."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival {Open for all!}   Arrival {Open for all!} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrival {Open for all!}
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next