My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Photoshoot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Talveryn

Talveryn

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 2:22 am

-click-

Honey Spice smiled as her 'camera models' scampered to and fro, ignoring the teen Pegasus in favor of gathering berries on a nearby bush.

Today was her first day off in weeks. Spring's arrival apparently also meant an arrival of new, coffee-loving ponies within Ponyville. She had to work extra-long hours within Cafe Spice, a shop owned by her two parents.

She can make good coffee, but it just isn't her special talent, as evidenced from the lack of any sort of cutie mark on the teenager's flank.

No, she didn't know what her special talent was, but she did know how to have fun.

And, to the caramel-colored mare, 'having fun' was to be by yourself, exploring the woods, and taking pictures of the cute, fuzzy inhabitants.

Ooh, Honey could see a blue jay not so far from where she was, sleeping within a tree! The young teen secured her camera around her neck, lifting up into the air ever so slowly. Animals were flightly little things, and one mustn't make a lot of commotion when approaching them, or else they might run--or, in this case, fly--away.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 2:35 am

Starcatcher smiled to herself as she trotted through the tree-decked lanes. Today was a good day. The sky was clear with a couple of fluffy white clouds dancing across it, and the sun was shining through, bathing everything in a warm, golden glow. Star sighed happily, watching the trees that were only just starting to leaf again, the tender green shoots sprouting an coating every branch in a pale, apple colour. Nothing could be more peaceful right now.

A small camera click from up ahead caught her attention, and Star glanced up in time to see a caramel pegasus busy clicking pictures of various woodland animals. The squirrels, the rabbits, and even the smaller flora such as the insects were being captured by this eager photgrapher as they stocked up on their depleted food stores after the Winter. Smiling at the happiness this pegasus gained from such a simple exercise, she rounded the bend to see her now slowly approaching a blue jay.

Star hoped that this little guy wouldn't fly away on her. After all, she loved birds. Even so, she could probably some how imitate it's call and convince it to come back lest anything happened. Time alone without any company had taught her the value of having animalian friends. Following the pegasus, Star flew up and hovered next to her. "Hi." she whispered, smiling in a friendly fashion.

Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 2:54 am

When Honey had her hooves around her camera, taking pictures was all she could think about. She was a novice, and not all of her photos came out looking great, but it didn't matter to her. Taking a photo was preserving a memory for life. Her parents didn't quite understand her hobby; if it didn't have anything to do with coffee, they didn't care much for it. But they let their filly take on her 'side-project', as they called it. They said it was just a phase for Honey, and eventually she'll get over it and gain some interest in drink-making instead.

The Pegasus aimed her camera at the sleeping Blue Jay, just a few feet from the branch whereupon it laid. Right when she was about to take the picture, however, she heard someone speak.

"Hi."

It wasn't loud, not any louder than the singing birds or chattering animals. But for the young mare who had sequestered herself from civilization for the past afternoon, it was startling.

"Oh, sweet Celestia!" She lightly swore, looking at the flying mare next to her for a split second before falling to the ground, her wings locking up in surprise.

It didn't hurt, but the animals around her vanished.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:00 am

Star started as the other pegasus plummeted to the Earth. When she landed with a thud, all the animals around vanished completely, whether it be to their rabbit holes or their various homes. Gasping, Star swooped down, and helped the other pony to her feet. "Oh! I'm so sorry to have startled you! I didn't mean to make you fall!" she apologised, her face flushed with embarrassment as she spoke hurriedly.

"Now all the animals are gone, and it's all my fault..." she murmured sadly, trailing off as a small idea formed in her mind. Placing her hoof to her lips, she whistled loudly, imitating a blue jay call as best as she could. It was good enough for the target bird, it seemed, because it was soon perched on the branch again, flitting to and fro as it called repeatedly after the sound it had heard before. Star called again, and it came a little closer - close enough for a shot. "Well, it isn't much, but I managed to bring your model back." she whispered cheerfully, laughing a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:28 am

When Honey was helped up off the ground by the other Pegasus, her first course of action was making sure her camera wasn't broken by the short fall.

She took glanced at her camera, but looked back at the other Pegasus once she realized the mare was speaking to her. She was apologizing for making her fall.

Oh no, it's not your fault, really... She thought, but then realized that the other mare didn't have the ability to read her thoughts. The young teen opened her mouth to speak, but was then shocked into silence by the other Pegasi's actions--she was bird whistling! Or, bird calling?

Honey wasn't very knowledgeable on that subject at all, but the stranger's whistling brought back her Blue Jay!

Delighted, she unfurled her wings. But, Honey didn't fly back up in the air for fear that the bird might flee once more. Instead, she lifted her camera, and...-click-!

She took a few shots, just a few, before the bird flew away once more. She smiled, though. Those were enough pictures. And, her camera wasn't broken! That was always a good thing.

Honey blinked her yellow-colored eyes at the unknown pony next to her. Sure, the other mare had caused her to fall in the first place, but she did bring back an animal for her to take a picture of...that deserved a 'thank you', right?

She opened her mouth up to speak. "Um...thanks for bringing the jay back." She whispered, out of awkwardness more than anything, "And my camera isn't broken...So." She finished lamely, scuffling her right hoof on the floor a bit before quickly adding, "But, uh, yeah! It's not your fault I fell. Well, it is, but I'm not blaming you. I just..fall. Easily. Sometimes...when I'm startled into falling, and stuff..." She darted her eyes towards the ground, a little nervous by the newcomers' appearance.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:02 am

Seeing the several quick clicks of the camera, Star was happy to know that she had, in fact, helped this pegasus in achieving her goals of capturing a few quick shots of the pretty blue bird. She could still feel the guilt of making her loose her shots in the first place, and destroying the serenity of the area, but bringing the birdie back must've accounted for something... right?

Star was still inwardly debating this problem when the pegasus spoke up. Her sentences were slightly disjoined and awkward, but she didn't feel any anger or annoyance at this. In fact, she smiled. Star felt like she could relate to this pony who obviously preferred the quiet, and her awkwardness matched that of when she was having one of her shy panic attacks. However, this pony wasn't shy. Just not talkative. That much was obvious.

She waited for the pegasus to finish before speaking. "It's ok. There's no problem, actually. I just wanted to do something for you after I destroyed the serenity." she chuckled, scratching the back of her neck sheepishly. "Anyway, thanks for the non-blame. I'm sorry for startling you in the first place. Guess I should've just alerted you a bit before that happened." she smiled, holding out a hoof for the other pony to shake. "The name's Starcatcher. How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Seeing the outreached hoof, Honey tentatively lifted her own. She shook the hoof of the other mare--Starcatcher, she learned her name was, then took a moment to collect her thoughts before speaking. "I'm Honey Spice." She greeted, looking at the other mare.

Having both lived in the small town of Ponyville her entire life, and working in a Cafè popular with teens and young adults, the caramel mare has met a lot of its citizens. But Honey wasn't one for remembering faces or names; she was having trouble figuring out whether or not she's met this other pony before.

"...I don't think I've seen you before," She continued to speak, "I-I'm sorry if we have met before...I'm not exactly good with names."
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Star smiled. Honey Spice... it was a nice, warm name, and had a comforting ring to it, rolling off her tongue easiily. She liked it.

"Oh, no, I don't think we have met before..." Star said, placing a hoof to her chin as she thought. She wasn't very good with connecting faces to names, so she was a bit unsure on this subject. "Since neither of us are very sure with this, how about we just settle with we haven't?" she asked cheerfully, a smile adorning her lips.

"So, Honey Spice! What brings you here today to this wonderful section of the woods? Photos or photography?" Star asked, smiling as she saw a small bunny hop out of the bushes right behind Honey.
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:34 am

"Oh, uh, is there a difference?" Honey questioned, swerving her head to look at the new creature behind her.

It was a bunny, one of the same ones she saw collecting berries just a few minutes before. She gave the little critter a small smile, stepping to the side so it could get past her and reach the berry bush.

"I just like to take pictures...of cities, meadows, and animals." She said, motioning to the rabbit, who was now devouring berries like there was no tomorrow. "I've been following his family all day..." She said, glancing down at her camera, noticing that she's close to running out of film. She decided to save her last few shots; perhaps she'll see something interesting on the way back to Ponyville that she'd want a picture of.

"So, what do you do?" She asked, "Um, that bird call was really cool...it doesn't look like your cutie mark, though..."
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:52 am

Star laughed, a tinkling, soft sound, comparable to that of a windchime. "Oh, but of course! Photos are generally for enjoyment, and just taking the occasional snap, where as photography is a profession." she explained, hoping that she had made her point clearer. "Sounds to me like you're just here for photos."

They walked a little further together, and Star fell into step with Honey. She liked this pegasus. Not only was she appreciative of the silence, but it was comfortable around her. In a split second, though, that comfort was gone. Oh no... Star thought, panicking inwardly as she realised that she was suffering a shyness attack. Honey chose that moment to ask a question. "Uh... I... I don't really do... much... I earned my cutie mark when I flew for the first time... It was at n-night and I was a-a-amongst the stars... eventually learned how to c-call to birds because they were my only... only companions..." she mumbled, feeling very embarrassed suddenly.
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:23 am

Honey Spice's eyes widened as Starcatcher, who was calm and collected just a few seconds before, answered her cutie mark question in a series of mumbles. The caramel mare wondered if what she had asked was too personal. Or did she do something offensive by mistake?

The caramel mare's ears drooped down in anguish; she managed to meet a nice pony and offended her in less than ten minutes! She really wasn't cut out to be the sociable type at all.

"Ohh, I'm really sorry..." Honey exclaimed, though not very loudly. Some of the braver forest creatures were staring at them, some in concern, and some just curious to what was going on.

"I didn't mean to offend you, or anything..." She continued, looking around at some of the birds and bunnies that were staring at them, wishing that they'd go away. She felt awkward with them looking at her. "I didn't realize that my question could've been considered too personal for some ponies." She hoped Starcatcher wasn't too mad at her for her insensitivity.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:32 am

Now it was Star's turn to be surprised. She opened her mouth to speak before closing it again, finding that her throat had dried up. She just shook her head furiously, and tried again. This time she managed to make out a few words. "No... Just... Shy attack..." she stuttered, trying desperately to convey the meaning that she wasn't to blame.

Seeing a couple of the bunnies hop over, Star focused on them instead, hoping that the mare wouldn't take offense to this. Just that calming activities such as reading, flying, or messing about with animals always seemed to help rid her shy attacks faster.

Reaching out a hoof, she plucked some berries and fed them to the small bunnies, before stooping down and petting one with a hoof. Smiling, she played with them for a bit, watching their adorable faces and twitchy noses as she bounced around.
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:58 am

"Oh, uh..." Honey Spice said, trying to think of what to say or do that could help the mare. She didn't have any good ideas, though, seeing as how she's never met a pony who could have these 'shy attacks', and therefore didn't know how to react in such a situation.

But, it seemed like Honey didn't need to do anything. The other mare had started playing with the bunnies, and it seemed to be helping her out. Honey took to watching the scene unfold in front of her for a few moments with a slight smile before having an idea.

"Hey, you said you liked birds, right? Well, we're both Pegasusus...er...Pegasi...so, we can fly, so, um, would you like to do that? Uh, fly and look at the birds, I mean?"
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:28 am

Star looked up, the bunny now perched a top her head. Grinning at the suggestion, she nodded eagerly, the bunny hopping off in surprise as it began to slip off of her now constantly moving head.

She could feel her shyness residing a bit already, and so she took this chance to speak. "I would... love that. Any particular birds you'd like to see?" she asked softly, standing up as she dusted off her belly before shooting into the sky and hovering in the air, her wings flapping continuously to keep her there.

"I have a couple of bird calls that I can do, so name a bird an I'll see if I can bring it over." she said a little louder, waiting for the other pegasus to join her in the sky.
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:44 am

Honey waved goodbye at the bunnies before flapping her wings, catching up to the other mare in a few seconds.

"Uh...no, I don't have any preferences." She smiled, "Do you have a favorite bird you'd like to call?" She asked, slowly raising her altitude, wanting to go above the trees, but not wanting to leave the other mare behind. "I'm not that knowledgeable on bird types and stuff; I just take pictures.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:50 am

Starcatcher grinned cheerfully. "Oh, yea! I have a ton of favourite birds. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're all my favourites. But there is a new call I've been itching to test out for a while." she said, shyness attack over, and keeping pace with Honey easily. Once Star judged that they were high enough, surrounded by fluffy white clouds and being able to see for miles, she stopped, and looked at Honey. "Just saying, but there might not be this species around." With that said, she closed her eyes and let out a shrill set of sounds, each of them ringing out far and wide. After a couple of seconds, it was returned. "Hey! What do you know! There are some around! But they probably don't fly this high."
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 5:05 pm

"Oh, we can fly down the, if you like." Honey offered, glancing in the direction of which the bird's tweets were coming from. "I adore flying in high altitudes, but I guess most birds don't." She commented.

It was a shame, really. Honey loved flying high in the sky, but most other creatures didn't. If she wanted to take photos of critters, she usually had go lower, and towards the ground for it.

What she would do to meet an avian who loved soaring skies at such impressive feats like she did...but such a bird probably didn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Photoshoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Photoshoot   A Photoshoot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Photoshoot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Equestria :: Ponyville :: Whitetail Wood-
Jump to: