My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Covin Si'hal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:46 am

Covin Si'hal
Covin Si'hal Hwlcfm
Species: Ehsian Earth Pony
Mane: Kept fairly neat and short, a dark-ish green color.
Tail: Kept fairly neat and short, a dark-ish green color.
Eyes: Malachite/bright green. They seem to pierce through objects in vision and see/observe everything in Covin's line of sight.
Body: Kept very fit and healthy, though not completely brimming with muscle as the body of a bodybuilder or hardcore athlete might be. His coat is kept short and clean, and is olive in color.
Cutie Mark: A red quill resting on a blue book with the Ehsian royal insignia on the cover. The combined book and quill provoke ponies to assume that Covin is a writer, though they actually represent his natural ability to learn just about anything quickly.
Age (Baby, adult, etc.): Young adult (About early twenties in human years)
Personality: Covin is very friendly and rarely shows negative emotions. He is always ready to lend a helping hoof to anypony in need, and will almost always enjoy meeting new ponies. He is also very eager to learn anything new that he has not yet heard of or had the chance to experience or try, and can many times be seen searching for new opportunities to take advantage of. As for the subject of his nobility, Covin has been shown to be very proud of his royal status, though is sometimes annoyed or humored by the large amount of things, good and bad, that affect him because of it.
Likes: Unless it is specifically stated in the dislikes, Covin likes just about everything the world has to offer. He especially enjoys learning/discovering new things, people who are quick to enjoy a good laugh, helping those in need, traveling to new places and meeting new people.
Dislikes: Being unable to do something about an unfortunate occurrence, those who attempt to bring him harm or take advantage of him because of his royal status, those who attempt to harm or threaten other innocent ponies, loud/"filthy" music such as Death Metal, Darkstep, Punk Rock, etc.
History:
Covin Si'hal was one of nine children to be born to the king and queen of the distant nation of Ehsia. He was the fifth youngest child of the nine, and was known throughout his childhood for his tendency to explore and discover with or without permission. He had managed to get himself in trouble for his actions more than a handful of times, but overall his parents were quite impressed with how quickly he was able to adapt to new situations, and also with how easily he could find something new to discover in the most mundane tasks and places. Even when he was old enough to be assigned a private tutor, still quite young then, he quickly went through a large variety of lessons that many of his other siblings had found difficult to grasp at best.
This routine course of action went on for a year or two after Covin had been assigned a tutor, but then, some time during one of his many lessons, his cutie mark appeared. The quill and book with the Ehsian royal symbol on it really weren't too much of a surprise to the people around him, though at that point in time his parents decided that it would be a good idea to divert his tutoring to a new direction. When this decision had taken place, Covin's parents had also thought that having their son as an ambassador for their country would be the best course of action in that situation, as he would be able to travel the world and experience new things while being able to fully represent his country thanks to his family and prior education. And so, from that day onward, lessons on the various aspects of known foreign nations and the responsibilities and meaning of an ambassador's occupation were stacked on top of the already advanced teaching that Covin was receiving, and he trained throughout the following years to take on his responsibility as one of the next ambassadors for his country.
When Covin reached his teen years, he was assigned his own personal body guard and servant (Odin Tru'kal) and began going out of the country to attend various important events and diplomatic meetings, in order to learn more about the other nations throughout the world and their relations with his homeland. He discovered how much he enjoyed seeing what the world had to offer, and became even more excited about his future than he had already been. So, througout the years Covin traveled to the various nations to be found throughout the world, always with one of the few currently-appointed ambassadors in order to continue his education in a more hands-on sense.
Present-
In recent times, Covin's father had decided that it was time for him to finally go take on his nearing responsibilities on his own, and so he had his son sent to Equestria without the assistance of another, more experienced pony. His servant, Odin, had come along to ensure Covin's safety and to make sure that the young stallion would be able to carry out his given task to its fullest extent. The to-be-"official" ambassador now lives in the Equestrian capital of Canterlot with his appointed servant, and does his father's bidding to improve relations between Equestria and Ehsia.

Example RP segment: #5 - A colt is bullying a filly in the Manehattan street. When your OC looks to him, he turns to your OC and snaps, "What're you looking at?" Given your OC’s personality, compose a brief narrative in which your OC identifies and addresses the situation.

Covin walked through some of the more isolated streets of Manehattan as he approached the nicer districts of the city, looking to meet with a well-known businesspony that was living there, in accordance to his father's will. From what he had been told, it seemed that his father, the King of Ehsia, wanted to learn more about the economic situation of Equestria, which was why he was there in the first place. He had decided to go to this stranger on his own, sending his servant out to the market to find them some basic supplies after a slight bit of argument.

In any case, as he walked through the Manehattan streets, Covin slowed his pace when he saw a colt bullying a filly next to a rundown building located on the street he was walking along. The Earth Pony cocked his head and approached the two ponies, and when the colt noticed him he whipped his head around to look at him and spoke in a venomous tone.

"What're you looking at?"

Covin thought about that for a second. Was that a trick question? "Well...you, of course. Where else did I appear to be looking?"

"Hmph, you tryin' to mock me!? Get lost!"

Covin didn't move as the colt turned back to the filly, watching him attempt to threaten her. After a few moments of watching idly, he spoke again. "Why are you doing that?"

The colt turned back to him once again. "Whaddaya mean why am I doing that? I'm big, she's small. I'm strong, she's weak. I get mad when I'm annoyed, and you're annoying me. That so hard to understand?"

Covin shook his head. "No, I think I understand now."

The stallion suddenly moved forward at the bully with practiced speed and precision and grabbed the colt, spinning him around and holding him up against another part of the building wall, putting slight force on the pony's throat and never losing his friendly expression.

"So since I am bigger and stronger than you, this is what I am supposed to do, correct?"

The colt blinked a few times as he registered what had just happened, and a slight glimmer of fear could be seen in his eyes. "U-um, y-yeah, j-just like that. Awesome job. Um, but, you know, you don't want to practice on someone like me, right? I-I mean you owe me for telling you that, right?"

Covin cocked his head. "But why not have an expert on this judge me for the first try?"

"Well, um, yeah, but- I mean, that's a good point, but you don't want me to get hurt because of your...amateur...actions, do you?"

Covin pretended to think about that for a second, and then dropped the colt. "I suppose that makes sense."

The colt rubbed his throat as he stepped away from the stallion. "Y-yeah, but great job. Um, but, I have to go now, soooo bye!" With that the young bully turned around and ran from his attacker.

Covin watched the young pony run away, and then turned to the mare from before, who had watched the whole scene once she had been freed. With a grateful tone, she spoke.

"W-wow! That was great! Thanks a lot, mister!"

Covin chuckled. "Oh, there is no need to thank me. I cannot let someone like that bully a sweet young mare such as yourself. Now go on home and watch yourself, alright?"

The filly nodded quickly as she smiled. "Ok, mister! Thanks again!" The young pony then turned around and began to trot home, looking quite happy and relieved.

((I remember the good ol' days, when we didn't need all these silly subforums and 'acceptance' and roleplay examples...))

•__________________________________•
|:._.:•*¯*•:._.:|Acceptance|:._.:•*¯*•:._.:|
•¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯•

Last edited by Vinyl Dash on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://mlp-foe-oc-rp.forumotion.com/
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:12 pm

The app is great apart from one part; as a general rule, we try to avoid having OC's that are royalty.

However, Covin can be a personal scribe, squire or something along those lines to the rulers of Ehsia.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 1:45 am

The idea has been discussed and approved by Korenav, so I believe that that detail should not be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 7:05 am

Fair enough then.
Approved.

Review pending -- 1ncnspcuous
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Sank you very much.
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:30 am

Hello Vinyl. I'm sorry to subject you to the annoyances of creation process complications, but Kore and I will have to revoke the approval status of this OC. What Fireseeker stated was correct, and Kore did not intend to give you the go-ahead (nor was I aware of this OC until now).

When she returns from her trip and reviews it, we will make a definitive call.

Thank you.
1nc
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:05 am

Very well. May the waiting begin.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:44 pm

I do remember talking about it being possible to have a character with royalty if 'done right'. Having them be an heir to a whole country and secretly living in Equestria is too much. I'm sorry, but it cannot be approved. The idea I had in mind was that royalty would be one character detail among many other traits rather than something that would wholly define them and their place in life.

Apologies in the misunderstanding. But as I did say before, it would still be finally determined when the app was submitted.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Very well. I shall edit the sheet and then post here once again once it has been revised.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Well, after an overly large amount of overthinking, I've edited the character sheet. It should be acceptable now. If not, then please inform me of any changes that still need to take place.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:12 am

Acceptance yes no?
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:14 am

Approved. Sorry for the delay.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 am

Thank you muchly. Now off to somehow get past the 200 character limit on my signature in order to add a fifth character...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Covin Si'hal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covin Si'hal   Covin Si'hal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Covin Si'hal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Creations :: Submitted Creations :: Earth Ponies-
Jump to: